Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2023  (Read 470385 times)

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
Re: Beak Room 2023
« Reply #8610 on: August 31, 2023, 11:31:47 AM »

Atlantic Puffin Burrow Cam - Seal Island

A Puffin delivering food to pufflings... there are still a pufflings on the island, and they are being lovingly cared for.  :-*
Posted by Puffluv 42 minutes ago.

Beautiful sunrise

Morning Beakers!
Hi Lilbro, Blschue, Lori, Clynn, Tsk, Lisa, Karen, Oldguy, Puff, Eagles, Kb, Tig, Baz, Phyl, Peep, Jaspurr, Pink, Jilltosa, BL, Eburg, Weasel, Ezee, Bggolden, T40, ssrl, Maxie, Nrstooge, Omasawyer, Paulie, jicaji, LB, and All!

Eagles, I hope all goes well with pre-checkup .. good deal with your extra tv for your mom. I hope your mom and sis are doing well. Take care  :)

Lisa, well I hope the repairs are done quickly. Isn't wonderful to be able to open the windows! Enjoy the cooler day!  ;D

Puff, good to see you.

Clynn, Optima has no idea why and where the emails were held. And only 10% was junk email.... awww the poor Sea Eaglet family looked completely soaked. I hope they have a sunny day to dry out and get warm.

{{{Phyl}}} good to hear that you and Jim are getting stronger bit by bit each day... Yes, it is criminal what the Maui government officials and governor have been doing. There are not fooling the people anymore. I've been keeping up with the heartbreaking news and getting snippets from family and friends. I've kept my silence on it, because I'm so angry. No, the officials will not restore old Lahaina if they are allowed to continue this path. I pray daily this will change. Thank you for RRP blog and historical info on hurricanes. I'll read them later today. thank you and Take care.

BL, thank you for weather info

Kb, I love maple tree's beautiful fall colors. Showing signs of fall here too. I have seen any woolly bear caterpillars yet. Yummy chili!  ;D

{{{Karen and Piper, Baz and Zippo}}}
« Last Edit: August 31, 2023, 01:23:37 PM by Lani »
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

kbshcb

« Reply #8611 on: August 31, 2023, 12:44:20 PM »

Bloomington,pic by Art Wu....Black Dog Lake

White pelicans in the 100's are gathering already for their southern heading..

More evidence of fall.....not temps, LOL, but wildlife....

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #8612 on: August 31, 2023, 04:21:37 PM »

Busy busy day today..  Tomorrow not too much on the calendar  ::) ::)

CLYNN  Love the 4 words post.  ;)   LOLOLOL  No I don't do running.  My goal - try and walk a little faster and if that doesn't happen - too bad. I'm drying your milkweed pods...  I'm afraid I would also shop Tahoe  ::)     Painted truck   ;D ;D ::) ::)

EAGLES  Nice to help out Mom with a new TV.  Hard to be without one that she is used to having. ;)

KB   Wow  some maples turning up in Superior already.   We will for sure be in the mid 90's Fri through Tues.  We have had 5 days of gorgeous weather so can't complain.  Funny, I made chili yesterday afternoon as I wanted to use some of my tomatoes.

PHYL   Interesting piece on the life changing hurricanes.  Little known piece of history.
Chicagoland

baziunc

• Queen of Decorah - April 10, 2016
« Reply #8613 on: August 31, 2023, 04:37:32 PM »

(((KAREN))), I'm so sorry your power is out, and it's 90 degrees there now! I hope you can get somewhere that is cooler, maybe a neighbor or friend with a generator where you can relax in some cool. Hugs. At least there will be a cooler day there tomorrow. I hope your power is back on soon!! I wish I were there to help you take care of "stuff."  Hang in there!  :-*

Waving to All the Beakers.  :)

Zip and I are fine. There were several tropical tornadoes that went through the general area starting around suppertime last night. Zippo slept in the "safe room," and I had to duck and cover in there with her for a while when one tornado came very close - it was scary close! and I was so glad it didn't come right over me... it has now been confirmed by NWS, as a 100 mph, EF1 tornado. It was short-lived, but it did damage to trees and property in its short-lived life, and I'm glad it wasn't at my house! Too close! Two other tornadoes in the general area have also been confirmed by the NWS - one an EF1, and the other an EF0. They are still investigating other damage reports to determine if they were tornadoes. It's those tropical tornadoes that scare the bejeesus out of me! They spin up so fast that they often don't allow for much, or any, warning. There were some trees and power lines down, and some flooded roads, so of coures there were some power outages, but not widespread, thankfully. Only one small tree broke in half in "my backyard" - next to The Bog, right out my back bedroom window. The pair of Cardinals who live in the large shrubs under it must be okay, since I saw both of them today, diving in and out of cover under the portion of the broken tree that's still standing.  :-* :-*  I never lost power, thankfully, and the winds were gusty earlier today, till early afternoon - sustained winds were mostly only in the upper 20s, while gusting into the low-to-mid-50s. Still breezy, but not really gusty anymore, and the sun is out now, with cooler temps, but not as cool as Lisa's. Lots of small branches, twigs, and "green leaf salad" everywhere, but no other damage around my little 4-building courtyard. Balou, the Little Blue Heron, was fishing in the Retention Pond next to my building this morning, and Greta,  the Great Blue Heron, flew in, too. They're "regulars" at my Retention Pond, so I was glad to see them safe and sound.  :-* :-* All good here!  :)

I think dinner tonight might be the rest of my Idalia snacks.  ;)

G'night, Beakers. Peace. SED.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2023, 04:40:34 PM by baziunc »
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, that is why it is called the present."   ― A.A. Milne

"Hope for the best and accept what comes." ― President Jimmy Carter, on Aug. 20, 2015, during press conference at The Carter Center

paulie

• Live...Laugh...Love
« Reply #8614 on: August 31, 2023, 05:08:44 PM »

tsk, clynn and Eagles, Thank you very much and for the hugs too. Love hugs!

All will be better in time but I must say I'm used to being busy and on the go. This sitting and laying around propping things up and "jamming unneeded snacks" in my mouth must end soon.  ;D

I wish you each and all in the Beak Room a pleasant evening.
Take care.

LisaG1967

« Reply #8615 on: August 31, 2023, 05:11:15 PM »

baz - Glad to hear you and Zippo are OK.  Yikes, on the nearby tornadoes! 

tsk & kb - You two have me hankering on chili now. 

Lani - Yes, it was wonderful to have the windows open today, and let some fresh air inside. 

E4E - Hope all went well with your labs.  How nice of your hubby to go hook up a new TV for your mom. 

Have a good night, Beakers.  I am going to bed early tonight, as I need to take a muscle relaxer.  I slipped in the shower this morning, and I am very sore.  I can laugh about it now, and replay in my mind how silly I looked with the shower liner and curtain coming down with me.   ::) ;D

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #8616 on: August 31, 2023, 06:50:18 PM »

BAZI  Thanks for your end of storm report and that you remained safe and sound.  I had planned to ask how the bog had faired - flooding? but from the sounds of it all remains well.

PAULIE  I can certainly sympathize  :o

LISA   Oh NO - Can't imagine anything worse than a slip in the shower.  Get a good nights sleep.  HUGS

KAREN   Sure hope you are OK
Chicagoland

clynndunn

• For the love of Eagles....
« Reply #8617 on: August 31, 2023, 07:03:55 PM »

I just talked to karen, she is supposed to get her power back on by 10:00 tonight. She found her radio, so she can listen to the news. She said it is getting hot again!

baz, glad to hear you and Zippo are okay! That's all that really matters! Close call with the tornadoes, they are sneaky...

Lisa, I was able to have windows open today too! It only got to 81! 89 tomorrow and then into the 90s again... I had lunch with some friends from work today, one is here, he now lives in Tucson. It was good to see him, he was my mentor for all things mortgage...

Paulie, gotta watch those 'unneeded snacks'!  ;D ;D

tsk, Ed keeps bringing tomatoes in, I'm going to have to do something with them...they are taking over!

Lani, oh, still a few Puffins left!  Hope they get to take off soon!  Glad they are still being fed!

E4E, sweet of you and Kris to take care of Mom and giving her a tv! My sisters and I got a bigger tv for Mom last year for Christmas, hers was small. Dad would never get cable, but the last time he was in the hospital Mom let me get Direct tv hooked up. And he sure liked watching it! We are going to get Acorn tv for her this year, she loves the British shows.

Lisa, I can't wait to make chili, but it will be a shile until it gets cooler here. All I see in the 2 week forecast is high 80s, to mid 90s! Just not right for chili! I am going to make my Turkey Green Bean Chili too!  I'll send you the recipe if you want, it's delish!  Oh no, you slipped in the shower...hope you sleep good tonight.

Taps for Bob Barker of The Price Is Right fame.
He was a Navy WWII Veteran

From a friend…
Just a warning for those that don’t know…Potting soil can spontaneously combust! And with the super drought and temperatures into the 100’s, the fire can spread fast. Of course we found this out the hard way! This all started by the tomato plant that was sitting on our front porch. 😳🔥 Now y’all know!

That’s So Minnesota - Hayes Scriven  · Once in a Super Blue Moon
Last night I went down to the shore and watched the Super Blue Moon rise up over Lake Superior.

Never lie, steal, cheat, or drink. But if you must lie, lie in the arms of the one you love. If you must steal, steal away from bad company. If you must cheat, cheat death. And if you must drink, drink in the moments that take your breath away. ~ Unknown

Eagles4evr1116

• Mom Decorah. Fan since 04/06/2011.
« Reply #8618 on: August 31, 2023, 07:27:04 PM »

Puff - I love hearing your memories & knowledge of places you have been - keep 'em coming! 8)

Kb - That is a beautiful pic you posted this morning.   Yum! I bet your homemade chili is delicious!   Yes - my mom was really happy to have a good working tv hooked up in her bedroom.  We hauled her non-working tv over to the destination in the apt complex for things like this.  Thank goodness there is a place to take your broken appliances and stuff and they will take it away from there.
So true - evidence of 'Fall' not temps, but wildlife . . . .

Lani - Love the Puffin pics!!  Are you still walking very early in the mornings with Sadie?

Tsk - I like where you said you walk a little faster and if not, too bad!! ;D

Bazi - I am so happy that you & Zippo are safe! :-*

Paulie - No need to feel bad about enjoying some treats/snacks - you deserve it  :)

LisaG - Oh no, so sorry for the tumble you took - take care and hope you are not too sore tomorrow. {{LisaG}}

Clynn - As I posted, I modified - thank you for posting about Karen's status.

Beakers be safe and hope all of you have a good nights rest/sleep.

camperstig

• "Hoo hoo hoo hoo!"
« Reply #8619 on: August 31, 2023, 08:20:08 PM »

some bounce
(( Lisa ))
We haven't used our printer for quite a while. We need to troubleshoot.
SED
camper'sTIG - South Central MN
Decorah follower since Apr 2, 2011
"May Bob now soar with the eagles and dive with the falcons. You've left a living legacy behind on the earth" (barbells126)

baziunc

• Queen of Decorah - April 10, 2016
« Reply #8620 on: August 31, 2023, 09:50:54 PM »

Clynn, glad to hear Karen is getting her power back on tonight! Thanks for sharing her updates. Since it is clear skies here tonight, I looked out my front window a little while ago to look at that super blue moon - it was so pretty as it was rising above the closest rooftops! Gorgeous picture of it over Lake Superior! Ok, it sounds like I should've left my earlier post to 5 words... "Zippo and I are fine."

Tsk, yes, my end of the tropical storm was more than a rain event. I guess I over-shared. Many people don't know that a tropical storm often has dangerous, and sometimes life-threatening, effects, too. I am thankful there wasn't the widespread loss of home and property, and life-altering events, in my area, that so many suffered elsewhere. Many prayers for them. I have seen the suffering from loss like that from terribly destructive hurricanes in my state in the past. It's just awful - truly devastating for so many. Though on a greatly smaller scale, some people did have flooding in their homes up here, and trees through their roofs and on their cars, and such. And that tornado I mentioned, that made me run for cover, brought down two huge live oak trees, one of which went through a home, and the other landed on a car, and the person in that car was hospitalized. The news didn't have a status on their condition, last I saw. I hope they will recover ok. Neither The Bog, nor the retention pond next to my home, flooded. Both of them had their drains cleared well a few days before. You have stayed busy with your church this summer, and walking regularly, too! That's great! I stopped walking regularly after the extreme heat and humidity became a regular thing here this summer. I will start back with it when it cools down more, I hope. I need that exercise, but I just couldn't tolerate doing it in the conditions, and I wasn't up to getting out and walking very early. I hope Barb's trip, and the wedding weekend festivities, go well.

((Lisa)), oh no - I'm so sorry about your fall! I can only imagine how sore you must be. I hope you sleep well, and recover quickly.

((Paulie)), I didn't know about your fall. I'm so sorry. It's hard to be sidelined from your usual activities while recuperating. Take care, and keep on healing, and feel better soon!

E4E, that was nice to get your spare TV hooked up for you mom!

(((Karen))), I hope you have your power back on now! Fingers crossed! And then you can sleep in the cool A/C tonight, I hope! Glad you found your radio!

Lani, it's so sweet to see that Puffin parent with all the little fishies in its mouth for its little one.  :-*

Tig, I'm sorry Camper has been having an issue with his foot.

Phyl, I hope you feel better soon. Glad your hubby is better.

Hi to Puff, KB, Lori, Oldguy, BL, and All!  :)

Wishing a Happy and Restful Labor Day Weekend to All the Beakers!  :)

« Last Edit: August 31, 2023, 09:56:02 PM by baziunc »
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, that is why it is called the present."   ― A.A. Milne

"Hope for the best and accept what comes." ― President Jimmy Carter, on Aug. 20, 2015, during press conference at The Carter Center

Lani

« Reply #8621 on: September 01, 2023, 12:46:05 AM »

tsk, clynn and Eagles, Thank you very much and for the hugs too. Love hugs!

All will be better in time but I must say I'm used to being busy and on the go. This sitting and laying around propping things up and "jamming unneeded snacks" in my mouth must end soon.  ;D

I wish you each and all in the Beak Room a pleasant evening.
Take care.

Hugs Paulie, enjoy this quiet time to yourself, heal, rest, and enjoy the snacks! I would, yum!  ;D
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

Lani

« Reply #8622 on: September 01, 2023, 01:11:54 AM »

Kb, a gathering of the white pelicans, yep fall is coming.  :)

{{{Baz and Zippo}}} glad to see your post and know you both are okay. Scary moments for you both. Glad a couple of your retention pond "regulars" are okay. Take care.

{{{SED Lisa}}} OUCH! Slipping in the shower is one of the worse! Been there and done that.  :o ... so glad you didn't break anything. Like yourself, the curtain and everything else can be easily repaired. Take care

Clynn, Thank you for updating us about Karen, she and Piper are fine, and by now her electricity should be back on. I hope so..... your mom will love Acorn, I stream Acorn and Britbox... Bob Barker a very handsome naval man.... I didn't know that about potting soil. YIKES! I'll have to look up how that can happen.

Eagles, Sadie and I walk every day, if it rains we go to the dog park. Sun, rain or snow, we get our walk in....

Tig, I hope you worked out the problem with the printer.

Good night!

Prayers for Lahaina, Maui, Hawaii

Sweet Eagle Dreams, Baz, Lori, Karen, Puff, Tsk, Oldguy, Lisa, Lilbro, Eagles, Pink, Clynn, Kb, Tig, Blschue, Phyl, BL and Pip, Godiva, Peep, Jaspurr, Ezee, Eburg, Lindy, RubyRed246, ssrl, Firetruck, Weasel, Jilltosa, Maxie, Masswatch, Paulie, DeborahG, MpMom and Pete, laniebelle, OnEagleWings, NWarg, Garmohoff, Nrstooge, WendyC3, Tigeag, T40, Ginger, Cwellsla, Nanimal, Bggolden, Nora, Rewrap4u, Eaglesrock, Teamcarnes, Seabeeinch, Walton, Sparky, Tulsaducati, Omasawyer, izzysamlikeseagles, bustopbird, Neva, Yank, Linda.L, smrf, nhJane.

Thinking of and missing, Peep, Jaspurr, Jilltosa, Wilson, Godiva, MpMom and Pete, Marrymo, Keystone, TxTeacher, Smb, Naimoj, Thyla/Anne, D7Birder, Indy, Neva, Smb, Alice, and those who have not been with us for a while.

Prayers For Karen and Piper, Paulie, Phyl and Jim, Eagle's mom, Tsk's friend Lynn & Husband and her DIL Amy, SIL and grandson, Baz, Tig, Puff, Jicaji, Tim and Tsk, Lori and her grandma Clute, Tsk's friend Pam and Hubby, Maxie and Larry, Camper's daughter, Ed's sis Gina, Tsk's Barb & Tom, Baz great niece and family, Peep, Jaspurr, Clynn's DIL's mom, Ed's friend Greg, Tsk's friend, Puff's brother, Masswatch hubby Jamey, Pip's Dad, Ezee, EagleFanDave, Tim's Uncle, Paulie's granddaughter Madison, Emy and family, Clynn's mom and Ed, WW JW, Keystone, Jilltosa, Eaglesrock cousin Michael, Thyla/Anne, Neva's family, Weasel and family, and All here in need of healing and comforting.

Special Prayers For Eagle's Mom,Tsk friend Lynn's & husband and her DIL Amy, Baz, Tig, Puff, Tsk, Phyl, Jim and Maggie, Karen, Blschue and family, Lori and family, Phyl's BIL Danny and brother Dan.

Special prayers for All God's creature great and small, For TRR Sloth Robin, Brooks Fall Brown Bear Otis, Honey and Gunnar, SWFL Harriet, Star, Maggie, Little One and all those like her, Hellgate Iris, TRR rescue babies, The Fairy Penguins, Berry Mom,  NEFL Juliet, Romeo and Samson, Lucy and Larry, Salt River wild horses, Alaska Bears and Wolves that they be saved, Decorah, E2/D1, Dr Rogers and Black bears Shadow and family and Wildlife Research Institute, and All God's creatures great and small.

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
« Reply #8623 on: September 01, 2023, 05:04:25 AM »

Good Morning Everyone...Happy  Friday and ... 

Currently 62F  fog;   High  85F mostly sunny,  Low 62F   Humidity 83%  and high pollen .[/ i]     

It will be a while before Jim is really 'better'. Doc changed his antibiotics and added Zyrtec/Claritin to the Flonase.
However, IMHO  he'd be wise to 'flush' his sinuses w/  pharmaceutical grade salt/ distilled water  like I do-

{{{ Lahaina and Kaanapali,  Maui, HI }}}  🙏 's
{{{Successful recovery from  Hurricanes Idalia  & Hilary}}} 🙏 's

{{Paulie}} so nice to see visiting here; I remember you telling me about your spill the other day. Relieved to know you're mending.
    am I gonna have to wrap in you 'bubble wrap'?

Tsk cute Snoopy yesterday---bet his tummy's tender from Woodstock. How's Tim, Tom and Barb? 

CLynn  many tks for the Sydney  Sea Eagles update/photo and sweet hatchlings  :-*  ROTFL  the back of that semi truck, what a mind blow!
                     Great photo of dear Bob Barker.  You know we/I've kept potting soil bagged up in the garage in summer months and not once did it
                     combust---but then I push the air out of it after using.  :-\

Puff lived in Hollywood for a bit---window shopped  Rodeo Drive  and yes wore my most fashionable clothes when I did so/wore my shades too!

E4E pretty poppy good morning yesterday; that worked out well for your mom w/y'alls having a spare TV , timing was perfect.  I never knew bald eagles could fly at that height/altitude either.

KB lovely maples in Superior National Forest in Minnesota

Lisa it's bubble wrap for you too!   My first batch of chili will be on Halloween evening marking the beginning of 'Chili Season' for us.

Karen/  CLynn relieved that your electricity is back on!  Life will be better for you and Piper now. Hugs

Lani thanks for Puffin update  ;)     ; Luv Acorn TV

Bazi good news for you and Zippo.

"Every new day begins with possibilities."
President Ronald Reagan  at  the 1985 Geneva Summit

#IstandwithEvan

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
"Every new day begins with possibilities."
President Ronald Reagan  at  the 1985 Geneva Summit

#IstandwithEvan