Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2023  (Read 471521 times)

oldguy

Re: Beak Room 2023
« Reply #8385 on: August 23, 2023, 10:06:46 AM »

Good Morning Beakers

This is expected to be our hottest day this year - now is 86 at 9:30 with a feel like of 104 - dew point is 81  :P - heading to 102 and feels like 117
Got up at 6:30 and all windows were fogged over - could not see out  Temps back to mid/low 80s starting Sat. for 6 days - no rain in the forecast...
I am not planning on leaving the house today....

I Hugged TT Tight! Exploring the Neighborhood with TT! (ENG SUB)   -   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d2rIFaUEb8k

This starts out with a long sponsered product, but found it to be something many pet owners could use.
Penny joins the pool party and we have tiny new family members!   -   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BhJNQxqsLoQ
SE Iowa - Grew up within 40 miles of Decorah

clynndunn

• For the love of Eagles....
« Reply #8386 on: August 23, 2023, 10:19:17 AM »

Lisa, have you ever used Penzey's Spices? They are wonderful! This just came in my email, salt free spices that are good!:  https://www.penzeys.com/online-catalog/care-gift-box/c-24/p-3114/pd-gb?mkt_tok=NzgxLVFISi00MDYAAAGNwUFenlYsyfka9E1nW92fF3dND2ISNg2UQoXqQOq_WPFxBj87jmdWl8og7HHMq6tHRvvDTOOHhIyXy5Raalnqj0b7qWPUM9MfqjcTV6fvxckS  They have wonderfyul deals all the time. Just add the Care Gift Box to your cart and purchase $5 worth of other products and you get the Care box free.

oldguy, record breaking heat in Des Moines yesterday, per the Des Moines Register. Record was from 1936. May break a record today too! Windows fogged here too, and no forseeable rain.

Never lie, steal, cheat, or drink. But if you must lie, lie in the arms of the one you love. If you must steal, steal away from bad company. If you must cheat, cheat death. And if you must drink, drink in the moments that take your breath away. ~ Unknown

camperstig

• "Hoo hoo hoo hoo!"
« Reply #8387 on: August 23, 2023, 10:25:17 AM »

bounce
The pool and hot tub felt great. I gave myself a mini pedicure when I got home.
Not to be corrective, but, I do not get pain: https://www.brighamandwomens.org/neurology/neuro-ophthalmology/visual-migraine#:~:text=Can%20I%20have%20a%20visual,means%20migraine%20symptoms%20without%20headache.d
The aura usually lasts about 20 minutes. Sometimes I feel off for an hour or so. The very first one I had was during class freshman year in college. I lost vision for a couple minutes but just sat still and faked it. Very scary.
TTFN
« Last Edit: August 23, 2023, 10:28:13 AM by camperstig »
camper'sTIG - South Central MN
Decorah follower since Apr 2, 2011
"May Bob now soar with the eagles and dive with the falcons. You've left a living legacy behind on the earth" (barbells126)

karengramke

« Reply #8388 on: August 23, 2023, 10:38:56 AM »

Good Morning!   Forecasted to have hot, hot temps in the Southeast!  So, what else is new?   Keep the ac and the ceiling fans on!

Lisa, do not spread the word on your temps or you will have hordes of folks moving to the Eastern Shore, making your bridge traffic a holy mess!  Lol.  I have been eating low sodium Boars head ham from the deli for several yeats!  Love it!  On a lower sodium diet and drink 64 ounces of water a day.  Great hunger control and good for weight loss.  Labs  improved including cholesterol! The first time ever!  I have to say that as a former diet coke drinker and a sweet tea drinker, I am not a fan of water!

Tsk, as a kid, we went to northern wisconsin to escape the Chicago heat!  Many folks had summer homes there as did you and Tim!  Guess many still do!   Glad Tim is returning home to you and his meds!  Scary.  Cute morning eggs!

Eagles, Piper and I do not walk!  She goes out about 4 times a day and walks the perimeter of the fairly large back yard and around two beds in the middle of it at least 3 to 4 times each outing!  Occasionally she runs across it if she spots a squirrel! I, on the other hand sit in a chair on the patio and do chair exercises as prescribed by pt!  Lol!  I also drink  12 ounces of water 

frequently water a few potted plants!

Going to get busy!  Oh clynn, the kids are looking slightly more a like in these cute photos.  Love the lemur!

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #8389 on: August 23, 2023, 11:05:08 AM »

Royal Albatross Cam - 8/23  ;D
8/23 Flight training in progress x3

Hi everyone, there was no weighing yesterday but only for a few chicks like UQ chick
Manaaki was 9.8 kg last week, & he has been fed 7x since Aug 19 including this morning with Mum L.

Thanks Mum, & Dad too.
http://AllAboutBirds.org/Albatross

Manaaki, UQ chick and friends practice wingersizing!  ;D
https://twitter.com/i/status/1694126802279772388

A few highlight videos & pics to share
Manaaki Visits His Neighbor
https://youtube.com/watch?v=7Hg5Yn1m4zI&t=1s
Chick Practices Hovering Under A Rainbow
https://youtube.com/watch?v=kUuzW_Z3_5w&t=7s
Mum L Drops In To Feed Her Giant Nestling
https://youtube.com/watch?v=c2oa9onmugo&t=2s

This morning at the webcam and Mum L

Good morning Beakers!
Morning Lilbro, Blschue, Lori, Clynn, Tsk, Lisa, Karen, Oldguy, Puff, Eagles, Kb, Tig, Baz, Phyl, Peep, Jaspurr, Pink, Jilltosa, BL, Eburg, Weasel, Ezee, Bggolden, T40, ssrl, Maxie, Nrstooge, Omasawyer, Paulie, jicaji, LB, and All!

Geez, I'm feel guilty with our 77 temp to 85 high today!
I hope it cools down soon for our Beakers.  :-\

Lisa, yummy breakfast! How's your mom? I'm feeling guilty about our nice weather too... my favorite time of year will be here soon.  :)

Eagles, Congratulations to your Aunt and Uncle! Did you get any more rain? It rained last night, not much, but enough to soak the ground and more to come this afternoon.

Happy Wednesday Oldguy! Thanks for links.

{{{Tig}}} glad you enjoyed the pool and hot tub! Did you like the look of the facilities after the repairs? Interesting about the aura you feel.

Tsk, great buy on the mangos!  Safe travel for Tim.

Hi Karen and Piper, take care

Clynn, {{{Keebler}}}  ;D ... sweet photo of Mr/Mrs Blue Jay.... awww great first school day pic of the munchkins! Miss Bella looks so grownup, I can't believe how quickly these years have gone by. Will she be in K all day? Or is it a half day for her? .. the pink sunflowers are beautiful, they make me think of spring. "at the cow wash!" LOL!

Phyl, thanks for RRP blog, I always enjoy reading Robin's updates.... beautiful creature the Binturong.
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #8390 on: August 23, 2023, 12:01:55 PM »

Just at 91 degrees and that is a record for Aug 23 at O'Hare  93 now and climbing.  Can't breathe outside.

LISA   Just bought 5 mangos and will peel them this afternoon ( that's with your digital coupon and loyalty card) - am making the Suddenly Salad now   ;) ;)  Expecting Barb in a few min to tell me about her Boston trip with pics.  Tim due home any minute.

CLYNN  The kids will so love to look at those pics when they are older. Cute dress on Bella.  Talon with his hair beautifully combed  LOL   There seemed to be many varieties of pink as well.

EAGLES   Cute mug  ;D  Tim just pulled in the driveway.  Off to help
Chicagoland

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #8391 on: August 23, 2023, 12:38:38 PM »

OLDGUY  Windows fogged here this AM as well.   Our stats not near as bad as yours but you do not want to be outside.  Claire has quite a project ahead.

CLYNN  "Cow wash"  ;D ;D

TIG   Thanks for the explanation of your visual migraine and how they distinguish it from a TIA - Scary when you lost total vision in school.

KAREN   Have you ever tried Hint water?  Flavored with watermelon, pineapple, lemon et.  I do not like straight water either.  This product helps.     You have a perfect routine for Piper. and you are also doing a routine at the same time.  ;D

LANI   I noticed how all the birds were facing the same direction  ;)   Cool vid with the wind and rainbow.
Chicagoland

oldguy

« Reply #8392 on: August 23, 2023, 12:49:57 PM »

Approaching 1pm and the temp is 96 and feel like is 121 - dew point is 83 - it is a stay in the house day...
SE Iowa - Grew up within 40 miles of Decorah

camperstig

• "Hoo hoo hoo hoo!"
« Reply #8393 on: August 23, 2023, 01:29:08 PM »

Approaching 1pm and the temp is 96 and feel like is 121 - dew point is 83 - it is a stay in the house day...

Lets go to Duluth!!!   8)

Yes, we had window fog this a.m. also. "Only" 92 here, feels like 102, dew point 73.
"May Bob now soar with the eagles and dive with the falcons. You've left a living legacy behind on the earth" (barbells126)

Puff

« Reply #8394 on: August 23, 2023, 01:39:03 PM »

Hi back to you E4E Always nice to see your friendly hello. . .

Well here's some breaking news - When I left the house about 10:45 it was 96.  Got back in time to see we broke the record.  Was 97, now 98 (and no doubt still rising).  Of course the recorded temps are as measured at O'Hare.  Generally west of Chgo it is either colder here in the winter and warmer here in the summer.   

tsk follows a whole different pattern, mostly because she's closer to the lake and further north.  I can't speak for her.  She's special!   :-*  That's why we always break into postings to compare me and her.

P

baziunc

• Queen of Decorah - April 10, 2016
« Reply #8395 on: August 23, 2023, 02:35:52 PM »

Happy Day, Beakers!  :)

Excessive heat in lots of places in the country - ick! Stay safe, All who are experiencing it.

CLYNN, love the Munchkins in their 1st day of school pics! Cute!  LOL on the cow wash.  ;D  Did anyone ever re-create your car's wonky liftback opening? Maybe you should offer to take one of the service techs or reps for a demo ride! Sheese!

TSK, glad Tim is back safe and sound, and hopefully no hail dents on his head! I've been watching the stormy weather blowing through MI. Glad Tom is a "bit" better and hope his recovery rate zooms!  Are you putting the salmon in the Suddenly Salad?

LANI, I love those cute pics of Manaaki and UQ chicks together! So funny!  :-*

E4E, are you going to dress up your Suddenly Salad with anything extra?

PHYL, hope you didn't have a telltale chocolate milk mustache!  ;) ;D

KB, I've seen the excessive heat warnings for the horribly high and record-breaking temps that cover so much of the midwest, from the southern end to the northern end of it - a big swath running from Texas up to Minnesota. Ugh! My sister, and a close friend of hers, who grew up and has family in Minneapolis, are in Minneapolis now. The excessive heat is putting a crimp in some of their outdoor plans.

OLDGUY and PUFF, stay indoors in the cool!

TIG, glad you're enjoying the hot tub time.

KAREN, congrats on your good lab reports, and improving cholesterol!! Has Piper "collected" any other things from your tabletops the last couple of days? LOL.

LORI, I know you're in the excessive heat zone, too. I hope you and Destini stay cool!

LISA, that was just the cutest picture of Sydney in the giraffe booties and afghan!  :-* :-*  I do very low, or no, salt everything now. I didn't like it when I first started, but it's amazing how quickly my tastebuds adjusted! I am a heavy user of no-salt herbs, spices, and some of the no-salt spice mixes now - for meats and veggies. It was an adjustment for the first few weeks I went that route, but I stuck with it, and now I prefer foods with extremely low, or no, salt.  My giant salty snack special treat is movie theatre microwave popcorn, though. LOL, I got on a kick of it this summer, and I am kicking that habit now. LOL!

I WANT A BLT!! AND A DQ BLIZZARD!! NOW!

But... I'm heading to the kitchen to sear a thick hunk of yellowtail tuna, and finish it medium rare in the cast iron pan on the stovetop. Going to have it with some fresh spinach, and more roasted yellow squash halves... and a "glash." Will probably splash some of that glash of white in the pan with the tuna to finish it. I'm hungry! So...

...Later, Gators!  :)
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, that is why it is called the present."   ― A.A. Milne

"Hope for the best and accept what comes." ― President Jimmy Carter, on Aug. 20, 2015, during press conference at The Carter Center

kbshcb

« Reply #8396 on: August 23, 2023, 02:53:31 PM »

Yes exactly, baz...I haven't been outside for 2 days other than for absolute essentials.
It's not unlike a minus 20 degree day in the winter....hunker down.

Hey, Chicagoans....I mentioned my heat 2 days ago for you.....seems to me my weather inevitably hits your area a day or two later.

No, Ollie you can't even sit out front in the western sun......nope, you have shade in the back yard...he's not a happy camper..
Unbelievably, I saw a woman running her low to the ground black puppy this morning in front of my house. I wanted to scream at her.
Very few dog walkers though I'm happy to report.

A slow cool down coming.....will have to pick back up the watering once again as no rain in the forecast. Sad as with a few drops/inch or so of rain plus sprinkling we got some very green grass....now it's fried again.

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #8397 on: August 23, 2023, 04:31:31 PM »

OLDGUY   Just had the weather on TV  98 degrees now air temp.  Index  110-115.   

PUFF   Think we are both on the same page today.  One or two degrees either way will not change how oppressive it is outside.  I'm just praising God the A/C is still running  :o

BAZI   Thanks for bringing to mind CLYNN's lift back issue - I forgot about that.    No I am going to bake the salmon with EVOO, seasoned lemon pepper,  and thinly sliced lemon on top - 400 for about 15-20 min.  Tim likes it that way.  Sale on the 6 oz salmon pieces at the grocery butcher for $3.99 each vs $6.00.   Should go good with the Suddenly Salad and some fast fried asparagus.   For now you are living vicariously through us on the BLTs/DQs  LOL     I haven't salted anything in eons. - If I eat some chips - way too salty.   Restaurant soup is often way too salty for me.  Yes your palate changes.

KB   Yes if the weather pattern doesn't come from you, it comes from Iowa.  Both in the same amount of days usually.
Chicagoland

camperstig

• "Hoo hoo hoo hoo!"
« Reply #8398 on: August 23, 2023, 04:51:20 PM »

bounce
Your suppers sound yummy, to me.
We will be having soft shell flour tacos with pulled chicken and the usual fixings.
Concrete guy didn't make it yesterday. He was here a few times today and will return tomorrow. Only so much he can do in this weather.
BBL

LisaG1967

« Reply #8399 on: August 23, 2023, 05:51:29 PM »

Tig - Your tacos sound yummy.

Tsk - You know I am not a fish eater, but I will cook it for Jeff.  I like the sound of the way you make your salmon, may have to try that for him.  Hope you like the Suddenly Salad. 

Baz - Thank you  :-*  I am a sucker for any popcorn.  At the moment, I am on a bag of sweet & salty kettle corn. 

Lani - Thanks for the Royal update.  Mom is doing much better.  She is still testing positive, but doctor told her on Monday that was ok, as some people can test positive for weeks and months after having it. 

Clynn - I have never heard of those spices.

E4E - Jeff’s work is now allowing the to telework two days a week.  He does Thur and Friday.  There is a rumor going around that it might be three.

Kb and all with the very hot temps….stay cool..thinking of you!

Have a good night, everyone 😊