Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2023  (Read 470843 times)

camperstig

• "Hoo hoo hoo hoo!"
Re: Beak Room 2023
« Reply #8130 on: August 15, 2023, 08:40:11 AM »

some bounce
An exciting day for me... not. Eye doc, then skin doc.
E4E... Have a great day 😚
HAGD all
TTFN
That pic of DH2... Fabulous
camper'sTIG - South Central MN
Decorah follower since Apr 2, 2011
"May Bob now soar with the eagles and dive with the falcons. You've left a living legacy behind on the earth" (barbells126)

karengramke

« Reply #8131 on: August 15, 2023, 09:44:58 AM »

Great to see Decorah Mom!  Now to find the Diva!   Thanks Clynn! 
Btw, where did you find the recipe for that cake?  Could inspire me to Bake!
E4E, have a great visit with your family today! 

The lawn folks were here yesterday to mow, edge and blow!  They are back now doing a lot of trimming , weeding, etc.  big job in the south especially when it was basically ignored for a year!  Have to replace some bushes in the front but not sure with what.  Maybe more azaleas.  I will leave that for another day!  Maybe in November.

80 degrees here with rain and possible tornadoes predicted.  You can always count on weather, it is always happening!   

LisaG1967

« Reply #8132 on: August 15, 2023, 09:51:30 AM »

Good Morning Beakers

tsk - We got nice thunderstorm yesterday after 5pm.  Radar says, we may get another today around 3pm.

baz - Your early Caturday post...too funny!

Phyl - Seems like, Stewie and Lizzie/Ziva are adjusting very well to having a baby in the house. Awww, sweet pic of Little Raven and new friend. Pretty Flyway pic this morning.

clynn - Thanks for posting my DH2 pic  :-*  The bus is full.  ;D  Best pic of Mom & DM2 yet!

E4E - Thanks!  Mama just called, no fever, but still tired, sounds very stuffy and one of her ears is blocked up.  Enjoy your visit with family. 

Lani - Thank you for kind words on pic, and for Mama!

tig - Good luck with doc appts.

karen - You be safe with that weather.

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #8133 on: August 15, 2023, 11:13:52 AM »

TIG   LOL - Had ear doc yesterday - long story.  All good.

KAREN   You have lawn people that do weeding???  WOW    Rough weather for you today

Off soon for a girl's lunch - We've really been trying to meet 1/month now rather than just birthdays since the 7 of us no longer all live in the same town.
Chicagoland

karengramke

« Reply #8134 on: August 15, 2023, 11:45:35 AM »

Just regular weather her today. So far!  No wind, sound or lightening effects and no rain! 
i used to weed!  Used to layer newspaper on the ground and cover it with pine straw! (Mulch).  Did a great job of weed control!  Now the biggest problem is Virginia creeper, wild blackberries, and wire grass!  All tangled in with tge shrubbery that is being trimmed!  While I used to don gloves and get thru the branches to pull the stuff out by the roots I can no longer do it!   Now, Too unsteady and too much strain on my back!   This is all the price of staying home and having a fenced in yard for a dog!  I am not complaining, as i am happy with my decision as of now!  I am not a control freak (oh, I might be) but I like things the way I want them!  Like picking my own mds and food!   Lol, like that lemon blueberry cake!  Wow!
Lisa, glad your mother is feeling better.

BrokenLug

« Reply #8135 on: August 15, 2023, 11:46:00 AM »

Good Morning Beakers!
This Bus is Full 😂 1st Uber’ Hippo bird transporter! 😂

Clynn those are Oxpeckers and they have a very symbiotic relationship with Hippos.
More info than you're going to want to know ..  :)
https://www.animalways.org/why-do-birds-sit-on-hippos/
U. S. A.

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #8136 on: August 15, 2023, 12:10:27 PM »

Mississippi River Flyway this morning.

Aug 15, 2023 6:47 AM
Camera Time: Aug 15, 2023 6:47 AM CDT
Birchwoman

gorgeous!
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #8137 on: August 15, 2023, 12:34:31 PM »

TRR - Sloth TV

Sloth Preschool Updates:

Roo, 2F Sloth: She's great; she has gained weight fast! Active as always.
Robin, 3F Sloth: He's good; his movement has been improving. Remember, you can support him by donating to his CUDDLY campaign!
Ken, 2F Sloth: Still under monitoring. He has a great appetite and has been very active.
Nara, 3F Sloth: She has been more active, gaining weight, and eating leaves but still not accepting much milk.

In Loving Memory  :'(

Gonzo, 2F Sloth: Sadly, he passed away due to malabsorption syndrome and congenital malformations.

Robin's got a itch! :-*

Annabelle

Good morning Beakers!
Hi Lilbro, Blschue, Lori, Clynn, Tsk, Lisa, Karen, Oldguy, Puff, Eagles, Kb, Tig, Baz, Phyl, Peep, Jaspurr, Pink, Jilltosa, BL, Eburg, Weasel, Ezee, Bggolden, T40, ssrl, Maxie, Nrstooge, Omasawyer, Paulie, jicaji, LB, and All!

BL, fascinating relationship between the Oxpeckers and hippos. I remember reading about their vital need for the other. Thanks for posting.  :)

Tsk, enjoy your lunch and visit with the girls! safe travels ;D

Lisa, hugs and prayers for your mom.🙏🏼 ... thinking about your sweet Sydney too  :)

Karen, enjoying looking at your lovely yard. Nothing like the smell of fresh cut grass... I hope the rains aren't severe, take care.

{{{Tig}}} I hope all goes well.

Clynn, it's cooled down 10 degrees to the high 80's, which is normal for this time of year. It's lovely this morning.... sorry about your hot week, we're expecting rain Friday. What a wonderful treat to see Decorah Mom and DM2 together.  :-* .... this bus is full  ;D. {{{Honey 🙏🏼 }}}
Phyl, thanks for RRP blog update, I pray there are two youngsters enjoying the skies with full crops..... very unusual succulent.
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

camperstig

• "Hoo hoo hoo hoo!"
« Reply #8138 on: August 15, 2023, 12:57:35 PM »

no bounce

Ouch! Only 3 areas frozen today... under eye brow, middle of upper chest, under upper arm. Eyes are Great! No problems, hardly any change.
TSK... sidewalk was all dug when I got home. I'll take a pic. And I took a B4 shot.

KB - how is it going?
"May Bob now soar with the eagles and dive with the falcons. You've left a living legacy behind on the earth" (barbells126)

baziunc

• Queen of Decorah - April 10, 2016
« Reply #8139 on: August 15, 2023, 01:38:07 PM »

(((Lani)))  (((Lahaina/Maui/Hawaii)))  I love the pic(s) of Manaaki, "from his toes to the top of his head,"   :D :D :-*  Thanks for Sloth TV, poor little Gonzo, may he rest in peace.  "Hi bear, it's me."  :-* :-* :-*

Lisa, love that pic of DH2 you posted on FB!  Glad clynn shared it for us here!  (((Mom)))

E4E, enjoy your special family gathering today!  A treat for your Mom and her sisters, especially!

TSK, 4 inches of rain!!  Wow!  Now I'm wondering if something crawled into your ear. !! :o Hope not! Glad it's all good now.  :)  Enjoy lunch with "the girls."

Clynn, thanks for sharing Lisa's FB pic of DH2 - gorgeous! Wonder if those birds wait impatiently on the shoreline while their hippo goes in the water!  ;) Thanks for sharing Sue B's share of Steve Smith's great pic of Mom Decorah and DM2 in the dead tree near their current N4!!!  :-* :-*  LOL on the Fitbit kitty. :D :D   I love seeing those funny cartoons, and they never get old!!! The pics you posted last of Talon and Bella were so cute! Bella is really maturing. I hope she will like her kindergarten class when it starts... I guess both the grandkids will be excited to start school again soon.  (((Honey)))

Karen, that sounds very nice to be getting your yard all "restored." You can't go wrong with more azaleas, if you decide to go that route in the Fall.  Yeah, Virginia Creeper... ugh!! We're covered up with it here... drives me nuts - so hard to eliminate, no thanks to those roots running underground. Hope you don't get severe weather today, and glad it sounds like maybe you are getting a little break from the severe heat today?  I hope so. I am under an excessive heat warning today till 7pm. Currently it is officially 93, with a dew point of 81, and the "feels like" heat index temp is 111, and expected to go up some more this afternoon. Some nearby reporting stations are higher.  Lots of extended high heat for so many people across the country. Thankful for a home! and A/C! ((Prayers for all those suffering in the heat.))  I'm still thinking about that Lemon Blueberry Cake!!

Tig, glad you could get those spots all taken care of.

Waving to All the Beakers!  :)

« Last Edit: September 12, 2023, 10:17:17 PM by baziunc »
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, that is why it is called the present."   ― A.A. Milne

"Hope for the best and accept what comes." ― President Jimmy Carter, on Aug. 20, 2015, during press conference at The Carter Center

baziunc

• Queen of Decorah - April 10, 2016
« Reply #8140 on: August 15, 2023, 01:58:41 PM »

Karen, I just saw the update on my official weather right now, that I just mentioned to you in my last post... It just updated to say it's now 94 here (at the airport), with a "feels like" heat heat index of 113 (and dew point 82). Other reporting stations are higher. Ick. And I'm staying inside, waiting for a slice of Lisa's Lemon Blueberry Cake.  ;D ;)
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, that is why it is called the present."   ― A.A. Milne

"Hope for the best and accept what comes." ― President Jimmy Carter, on Aug. 20, 2015, during press conference at The Carter Center

karengramke

« Reply #8141 on: August 15, 2023, 02:26:30 PM »

Baz, my temps are now like yours and there is now very little chance of rain!  Sat out a bit talking to crew and am dripping wet!   Thank heavens for ac!
What do you think the filling for Loris cake is?love the beach pictures!
« Last Edit: August 15, 2023, 03:37:04 PM by karengramke »

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #8142 on: August 15, 2023, 05:10:44 PM »

KAREN   Don't blame you.  Body parts just don't work like out of the shop brand new  LOLOL

BL   Thanks for the new knowledge  ;D

LANI   robin's itch  ;D   Sloths really have a lot of medical issues.  :(

TIG  Are those basil cells that are removed or just moles?

BAZI   Boy, you are really in a hot zone.  Such a high dew point  :o   Sis could do a calendar with just those gorgeous beach photos.  Love the second and third one.

Good 3 hour lunch with the girls - ate outdoors as gloomy AM dissolved and sun came out just in time.  Not crowded so we took our time
Chicagoland

camperstig

• "Hoo hoo hoo hoo!"
« Reply #8143 on: August 15, 2023, 05:21:17 PM »

TSK... Seborrheic keratosis...

LisaG1967

« Reply #8144 on: August 15, 2023, 06:02:39 PM »

tsk - Sounds like a great lunch with the girls.

karen - Thank you!

BL - Interesting name for the hitchhiking birds   :D

Lani - Thanks for the TRR update.  Thank you!!

tig - Glad to hear all if ok, and no change.  I bet that is a relief.

baz - Thank you!  Beautiful pics from Pawleys Island, SC. 

Have a good night, everyone!