Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2023  (Read 470438 times)

LisaG1967

Re: Beak Room 2023
« Reply #8025 on: August 12, 2023, 06:51:37 AM »

Good Morning Beakers....Happy Caturday!!

kb - I bet that was scary, the roof lifting up!  I hope all is ok with it.  Wow. some pic of the storm clouds.

tsk and Lani - Mama had fever of 101, stomach ache and sore throat.  That woman will not listen to me, about going to doctors, hopefully SIL got her to go.

tsk - Sorry about your friend's husband.  :(

baz - OMG....2 already???  HAPPY BIRTHDAY to Baby Bro!!!

E4E - Thank you.   :-*

karen - I hope not, too. 

Phyl - Love the morning Caturday pic.

clynndunn

• For the love of Eagles....
« Reply #8026 on: August 12, 2023, 07:18:13 AM »

Good Morning Beakers! It's CATURDAY again!

Phyl, sweet story of Penny and the policeman! Ed was not a cat person when we met...but he has been for 39 years now!  Those cats with the oranges, LOLOL! Lisa is a beauty, Neuman must be considered a great catch, seems like there are always females around! 

Lani, Brooks Falls is a busy place! Love watching the bears with their little ones watching, learning how to catch the salmon. Love the picture of Otis napping, glad he has a full tummy! Manaaki is such a big, handsome boy! It will be fun to see where he went on his big adventure and how many miles he traveled when he returns!

tsk, how was the last park concert? Did you get up and dance?  ;D  You can't even get me started on men having multiple items of the same thing. More than 3 is a 'collection', and Ed has a hundred 'collections'.

baz, Lil' Bro is two, where does time go? What a beautiful head of hair, he is so cute! And Lil' Punkin will be starting kindergarten soon, right?

Lisa, oh no, hope your Mom finds she has just a simple virus! Yes, hopefully she will go see a doctor!

This hit my FB page from yesterday, Bone Gap is where my Mom is from, it's about 8 miles from Albion. My Grandmother lived there all her life, and my Aunt Junie still lives there.  Dave Rigg - The Bone Gap Chowder is tomorrow. It was always a BIG day for my Dad. He was the chief cook for over 30 years. They have asked me to give the prayer before the chowder is served tomorrow.

Never lie, steal, cheat, or drink. But if you must lie, lie in the arms of the one you love. If you must steal, steal away from bad company. If you must cheat, cheat death. And if you must drink, drink in the moments that take your breath away. ~ Unknown

kbshcb

« Reply #8027 on: August 12, 2023, 08:06:43 AM »

https://twitter.com/i/status/1690237967930167296

cute little piglet balancing on a ball......like for a long time!

My home is fine, but many in not that far away neighborhoods got large hail.....whew.

Happy Saturday all.

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #8028 on: August 12, 2023, 08:14:31 AM »

GOOD CATURDAY MORNING EVERYONE

74 heading to 87  DP 68  humidity 82%  muggy day

KB   Quite a storm - Many without power?

BAZI  Baby Bro - already 2  :o  Such a cutie.  Look at that red hair.  I think many kids do not like b-day song  LOL

LANI   LOLOL  So Tim said yesterday - I'm going to go buy some burgers to grill tomorrow.  I said "there are two in the freezer."  " I looked and I don't think so"   I go look and right on top - " labeled 2- 1/2# burgers" package!  " Oh I wasn't looking for something wrapped in white" (freezer paper)    ::) ::)     Very busy night at Brooks Falls  and a very quiet night with the pups on the sofa  LOL

PHYL   kitties  ;D   Police officer smitten - who wouldn't be  ;)

LISA   101   - Call the doc material!

CLYNN    Concert was not as packed as I would have thought.  I was reminded by SIL Barb that neighboring burb about 1 mile away had a big festival going on as well.  Good music warm but breezy  night.  No did not dance  but enjoyed others  LOL   Bone Gap Chowder must have been a real celebration  ;D   LOVE that custom kitty sofa.   ;D
Chicagoland

kbshcb

« Reply #8029 on: August 12, 2023, 08:39:34 AM »

tsk - yes apparently to power loss...not me.
Lulu living on the edge!

This is just so satisfying....like picking up all garbage is....this from the Pacific Ocean Garbage patch and their largest haul to date. 11,357 kg of plastic...apparently using a larger system.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1690000280530616320

This is the hail lines.....I'm somewhere under there but got none....whew
« Last Edit: August 12, 2023, 08:47:40 AM by kbshcb »

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #8030 on: August 12, 2023, 11:56:20 AM »

Happy Caturday Beakers!
Hi Lilbro, Blschue, Lori, Clynn, Tsk, Lisa, Karen, Oldguy, Puff, Eagles, Kb, Tig, Baz, Phyl, Peep, Jaspurr, Pink, Jilltosa, BL, Eburg, Weasel, Ezee, Bggolden, T40, ssrl, Maxie, Nrstooge, Omasawyer, Paulie, jicaji, LB, and All!

Tsk, Mike does the same thing, and so does Aly! LOL! They open the refrig door, stare in it and say "Where's the mustard?" and I go over and lift it off the refrig door's middle shelf next to the pickles/mayo.  ::) ... Lulu observing her kingdom!  ;D

Kb, adorable little piggie  :-* ... so glad your okay after the storms .... makes me sad and sick to my stomach seeing how much garbage was hauled by Pacific Ocean Garbage.  :(
Lisa, sending prayers for your mom. You take care too.  :-*

Clynn, Mike is still not a cat person, but puts up with it because I am.  ;D ... yummy story from Bone Gap! ... I can see Claire Luvcat with that couch in her home.  ;D

Phyl, wonderful story of police and Penny.
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

kbshcb

« Reply #8031 on: August 12, 2023, 12:30:42 PM »

Chris does the same thing on and off all day....."Where's the.....fill in the blank"

Instead of saying "Look" which I do....I've decided he is just thinking out loud...in other words, I wait and ignore till he says at least one or two more times! :) :) :)

LisaG1967

« Reply #8032 on: August 12, 2023, 01:04:24 PM »

clynn - Talked to Mama..I'm not going to the doctors..cough, cough, cough....I feel fine....cough, cough. cough  ::)  Love the kitty couch.  What is in the Bone Gap Chowder?

kb - Glad to hear that your house is OK. 

tsk -  Oh my, Lulu  :o  Livin' on the Ledge!!!!

Lani - Thank you, and love your Caturday pic.  ;D

clynndunn

• For the love of Eagles....
« Reply #8033 on: August 12, 2023, 02:15:29 PM »

Lani, I think most of us experience the exact same thing, family can stare right at something and can't find it!  And we zero right in on it like magic...Kelsey is terrible, I can point directly at something I want her to bring to me and she looks in the opposite direction!  Is it a piece of a gene they are missing?  ::) ::) Erin is big on 'the watchamacallit'.... and I usually have no idea what he is trying to say.  :o  Love the cat looking through the fishbowl! I agree, that is definitely a Claire Couch!

tsk, excellent example of the conundrum being discussed of finding things... and I am sure you know the look we give them then we zoom right in on the item.

Lisa, all the little towns in the area have their own Chowder gatherings, it's just an old tradition that is still hanging on in rural southern Illinois. And then a lot of families cook chowder at family reunions. It's basically a vegetable soup, with everything cut up fine and cooked for several hours. It usually has both beef and chicken, potatoes, green beans, lima beans, corn, onions, potatoes, cabbage, tomatoes. Here is a picture of my Uncle Jack (he was the one killed in a tractor accident in 2013) and my Dad (who passed away in 2018) stirring the chowder with a big wooden paddle. That is the men's job after the women get all the ingredients cut up. Your Mom! Not a thing you can do, I do hope it's something simple!

kb, you lucked out with no hail damage!

Wild Heart Ranch - Yesterday at 4:00 AM  · Good Morning Everyone!!! Helen letting me know that she is still queen. (Helen is the blind RTH they have)

Never lie, steal, cheat, or drink. But if you must lie, lie in the arms of the one you love. If you must steal, steal away from bad company. If you must cheat, cheat death. And if you must drink, drink in the moments that take your breath away. ~ Unknown

Lani

« Reply #8034 on: August 12, 2023, 02:29:35 PM »

Chris does the same thing on and off all day....."Where's the.....fill in the blank"

Instead of saying "Look" which I do....I've decided he is just thinking out loud...in other words, I wait and ignore till he says at least one or two more times! :) :) :)

LOL! well, they will ask a couple of times, and then Mike will say "we need to put that on the grocery list." I have 2 new bottles of mustard in the pantry.  ::)
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

LORIDAVIS

• Peace Love Unity & Respect
    • Facebook
« Reply #8035 on: August 12, 2023, 02:36:22 PM »

« Last Edit: August 12, 2023, 02:38:07 PM by LORIDAVIS »
Lori Davis
AcuraRacerGirl

Lani

« Reply #8036 on: August 12, 2023, 02:43:21 PM »

Clynn, awww wonderful pic of your dad and uncle. I bet it was delicious!  Was the fan there to keep the fires going? ... Beautiful RTH Helen, love the Uber kitty!  :-*

Hi Lori! great pics!  ;D

I may have to get this!  ;D
https://twitter.com/i/status/1690348659785781248

kbshcb

« Reply #8037 on: August 12, 2023, 03:16:54 PM »

LOL! well, they will ask a couple of times, and then Mike will say "we need to put that on the grocery list." I have 2 new bottles of mustard in the pantry.  ::)

Why do you think I have like 50 screwdrivers the same size?....cause Scott couldn't find what he was looking for and went out and bought some more!...same with everything hardware store!.

These peeps are expensive ;) ;)

baziunc

• Queen of Decorah - April 10, 2016
« Reply #8038 on: August 12, 2023, 03:34:26 PM »

Lani, let me know if you get that thing - that's hilarious!  ;D  (((Lahaina, Maui, Hawaii)))  :'( :'( :'(

Lisa, dang, your mom! Hope she's well soon! Prayers for her quick recovery.  Yep, Baby Bro is already two!  OMG is right. LOL. Yes, and you will only turn around a few times, and your new grandbaby, Sydney, will be 2 years old, too!  ;)

Clynn, yep, my Littlest Greatniece starts kindergarten soon - same grade as Bella.  :D  It won't seem like much of a change for her this year, I don't think, because she is going to kindergarten at the same school she has been going to the last 2 years. That cat sofa, LOL - I think Walter Santi could use that, too.  :D

TSK, yep, Baby Bro loved all the b'day fun, except the birthday song! LOL! He's sooo funny! His expressions are a hoot. But that particular expression had a little help from his chin boo boo. He fell at home on the garage concrete floor a little over a week ago and busted it open. Weekend evening... oh yeah, dontchaknow... it's always nights, weekends, out-of-town, or holidays when things like that happen, it seems, LOL. Luckily, one of their immediate neighbors is an ER physiscian, who took a look at it and said a walk-in emergicare shop should be able to handle it okay, no plastic surgery approach needed, thankfully, so off they went - got there at 9pm, 3 stitches, home at 11pm...  :-*  Looong evening for them. LOL.

Waving to All the Beakers. Off to run to the store to get some kind of Saturday-style snack or bev... that I shouldn't!  ;)

Oops, came back to add what I forgot the first time...   ;)

https://music.youtube.com/watch?v=rCFelQwdk84 - "The Circle Game" - Joni Mitchell   

A fav of mine...
:)

Later, gators.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2023, 03:40:40 PM by baziunc »
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, that is why it is called the present."   ― A.A. Milne

"Hope for the best and accept what comes." ― President Jimmy Carter, on Aug. 20, 2015, during press conference at The Carter Center

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #8039 on: August 12, 2023, 03:46:09 PM »

KB    LOL  " Lulu living on the ledge".   To me, ocean clean-up is like thinking about the universe  :o :o   Your mention of the screwdrivers ( same here of course) reminds me that this week I found in my garden a weed digger I lost 3 summers ago  LOLOL  I knew it would turn up.

LANI   AM kitty  ;D   You're right - Claire would love that couch.  ;D   LOLOL  We need to put all the men in a room together and see if they can survive  ;D ;D ;D ;D    That is a great cat toy and Lucy would have loved it as she loved to get inside things and be warm.  Not so much this one.  She likes "high and uncovered"  LOL

LISA   Hope Mom knows what she is doing - I would love for someone to at least listen to her lungs..

CLYNN    Judge Judy  :o ::) ::)  ;D   Great pic of Dad and Uncle Jack demonstrating the Chowder festival.  Where is the electric cord on that fan?  LOL

LORI   Is that Toonces behind the wheel?

BAZI   Awww  one of many cuts and bruises to come for Lil Bro  :-* :-*  Hope he didn't cry too much.

Chicagoland