Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2023  (Read 471048 times)

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
Re: Beak Room 2023
« Reply #7995 on: August 11, 2023, 06:06:53 AM »

Mississippi River Flyway  looks cold this morning

Aug 11, 2023 6:05 AM
Camera Time: Aug 11, 2023 6:04 AM CDT
Birchwoman
"Every new day begins with possibilities."
President Ronald Reagan  at  the 1985 Geneva Summit

#IstandwithEvan

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
« Reply #7996 on: August 11, 2023, 06:24:14 AM »

Thought I hadn't checked in on the Black Eagles of Roodekrans for a while.

Guess who I found chowing down and growing by leaps and bounds

Aug 11, 2023 6:13 AM
Camera Time: Aug 11, 2023 1:12 PM SAST
Birchwoman

With both parents,  Makasta, mother and dad  Mahlori.

Aug 11, 2023 1:50 AM
Camera Time: Aug 11, 2023 8:50 AM SAST
BioTeacher

Aug 11, 2023 12:34 AM
Camera Time: Aug 11, 2023 7:34 AM SAST
BioTeacher

"Every new day begins with possibilities."
President Ronald Reagan  at  the 1985 Geneva Summit

#IstandwithEvan

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #7997 on: August 11, 2023, 07:04:37 AM »

72 heading to 85  DP 69  humidity 89%  Mostly cloudy  muggy day

TIG  What an experience for you on Oahu - on a tour no less and being dropped  :o  Very troublesome.

PHYL   Thanks for the reputable links!  Wow  Death toll now up to 53  Awful.  Releasing monarchs every day now.  Am waiting til the end for the final count.  I want to be surprised.  LOL   Thanks for shot of new female peregrine, Lisa  :)  Love that flyway shot this AM  ominous  :o

OLDGUY   New dam  :o   Interesting to see all of Claire's cats as kittens  LOL

Chicagoland

kbshcb

« Reply #7998 on: August 11, 2023, 07:33:48 AM »

oldguy - thanks for Juan Browne's video.....the best imho yet explanation of what happened in Maui.

It's 68 degrees right now at the Mississippi Flyaway.

65 in the Twin Cities.....as we all had a line of thunderstorms go through last night around 11:30pm..

Yay Yay Yay!....it lasted around 2 hours...

clynndunn

• For the love of Eagles....
« Reply #7999 on: August 11, 2023, 08:03:51 AM »

Good Morning Beakers!

tsk, 65, heading for 91 and mostly sunshine here today. You are the Mama of the Monarchs for sure! This has been a good year despite starting out slow!

Phyl, the Black Eaglet is growing up so fast! I think they are one of the prettiest juveniles, interesting how they turn all black. Yes, the Flyway looks moody this morning... Good to see a new female, hopefully she will catch Newman's eye!  Thanks for the news from Hawaii...so sad.

oldguy, sorry about your card games! You will have a wonderful time at your reunion next weekend! Thanks for the videos, I really enjoy Juan Browne, I was hoping he would come up with one on Hawaii and Lahaina... I got carried away and realized I hadn't posted Good Morning yet! I am halfway through the one about the dam!

Lani, constant prayers for Maui and all of the people and animals...

Male House Finch vs. Juvenile Red-shouldered Hawk. The Hawk was staring at a House Finch almost beak-to-beak for around 4 minutes. Photo Ann Baldwin

Never lie, steal, cheat, or drink. But if you must lie, lie in the arms of the one you love. If you must steal, steal away from bad company. If you must cheat, cheat death. And if you must drink, drink in the moments that take your breath away. ~ Unknown

LisaG1967

« Reply #8000 on: August 11, 2023, 08:17:37 AM »

Good Morning Beakers....T.G.I.F.!!!!

kb - Glad to hear you had some nice thunderstorms last night.

tsk - That morning greeting of fruit looks delicious.  I would love to have a bowl of that now.  :D
How is Tim making out with his new Keurig and phone?

Phyl - Thanks for the cam pics. 

Lani - Love the Mason jar lanterns in your good night pic. 

oldguy - Many thanks for all the videos.  Great explanation from Juan on the wildfire.  Sorry about cards, but have fun at your family reunion!

karen - I am glad that you did not have to get sedated for your pedi!  ;D ;D  Yea, how about that...I can get a two for one cuddle. 

clynn - That is my kinda camping!  Awesome pic of hawk and finch.

oldguy

« Reply #8001 on: August 11, 2023, 09:14:50 AM »

Good Morning Beakers

Phyl - "how hurt" and "Died" are lines on the form that are not filled in, just like the 2 lines above of "did bird breed" and "fledged"

A couple of errands this morning and packing up - leaving after lunch and back home tomorrow night...

We got 1 inch of rain from 4:15 to 5:45 this morning   ;D ;D

When Night Falls, DD Comes to Beg for Love (ENG SUB)   -   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7XP83rDcACo

Cutest Red Panda Compilation   -   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5W65LdcaWvI&t=55s
SE Iowa - Grew up within 40 miles of Decorah

Eagles4evr1116

• Mom Decorah. Fan since 04/06/2011.
« Reply #8002 on: August 11, 2023, 09:27:51 AM »

Puff - I feel your heart-wrenching sadness.  You have so much knowledge and tons of memories. {{{Puff}}}   You write and express yourself really well, you could write a book.

Lani - My grandson goes back to school next week.  We will see him this week as we've bought a dinner ticket that his football team is doing for a fundraiser!    Yaaaay, so happy they brought Mike's car back and so glad they found the key fob too! ;D    Thank you for posting bearstudy and love reading the history.

LisaG - I love how your Mom is always planning a new adventure / she knows how to go places and have fun! 8)   Glad she received her other piece of luggage!

Tig - Wow, scary monsoon experience - I bet you remember it as tho it was yesterday.  :o

Tsk - Glad you & Tim had a great day going to the Boerner Botanical Gardens  :)   Happy that you guys were able to get a new Keurig for Tim  :)   Wishing Tim good luck with getting his new phone set up.  :)

Karen - Although Piper can't tell you, but I bet she felt so much better after her shampoo, mani & pedi  :)     Glad you enjoyed your pedi!

Phyl - Thank you for all the good info on where to make donations.    Beautiful pic at Great Spirits Bluff Falcons and I do hope she is alive & well  :-*   Thank you for All the nest cams!

Kb - Happy that you got some nice thunderstorms last night!

Oldguy - Safe travels to the family reunion and enjoy your time with family! ;D

Clynn - Amazing pic of Hawk & Finch!  Love that 'Camper' - who wouldn't want to go camping in that?! ;D

Beakers have a nice Friday.

camperstig

• "Hoo hoo hoo hoo!"
« Reply #8003 on: August 11, 2023, 09:47:29 AM »

some bounce

My lap is empty  :(
Happy for the rain.  :)
Our concrete guy stopped by and measured the sidewalk and we shook on an amended price. The job is now scheduled for next week. Talons crossed it goes well.
Rest today. Tasks tomorrow.
HAGD

My Bro sang the National Anthem for the St. Paul Police Band Centennial concert last night. He was a member when he was on the job.
camper'sTIG - South Central MN
Decorah follower since Apr 2, 2011
"May Bob now soar with the eagles and dive with the falcons. You've left a living legacy behind on the earth" (barbells126)

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #8004 on: August 11, 2023, 11:04:15 AM »

Mississippi River Flyway  looks cold this morning

Aug 11, 2023 6:05 AM
Camera Time: Aug 11, 2023 6:04 AM CDT
Birchwoman

Phyl, stunning pic... Indian summer is coming.
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

Lani

« Reply #8005 on: August 11, 2023, 11:36:40 AM »

TGIF Beakers!
Hi Lilbro, Blschue, Lori, Clynn, Tsk, Lisa, Karen, Oldguy, Puff, Eagles, Kb, Tig, Baz, Phyl, Peep, Jaspurr, Pink, Jilltosa, BL, Eburg, Weasel, Ezee, Bggolden, T40, ssrl, Maxie, Nrstooge, Omasawyer, Paulie, jicaji, LB, and All!

tig, I'm sorry about your island tour experience.... Congratulations to your bro! ... I'm sorry your pups are gone.  :(

Phyl, pretty pic of Lisa the Peregrine!  ;D ... oh how quickly the Black Eaglet has grown, gorgeous!

Tsk, looking forward to your monarch release.

Clynn, wonderful pic of RSH and Finch  :-* ... I cannot believe that RV! I bet the tires get a good work out!  :o

Oldguy, cute Panda vid, and of course Claire's  ;D.... safe travels and have a great reunion.  ;D ... thank you for Juan's video.  :)

Eagles, I hope your grandson has a fun/successful football season. I hope the fundraiser goes well... Little cub Snowball is adorable. She reminds me of Fern when she was a baby.
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

Lani

« Reply #8006 on: August 11, 2023, 12:04:31 PM »

Sloth Preschool Updates:
Roo, 2F Sloth: She's doing great, having a good appetite and being active.
Robin, 3F Sloth: He's good, has been gaining weight. Remember, you can support him by donating to his CUDDLY campaign!
Gonzo, 2F Sloth: He's doing well, gaining weight, and with a good appetite.
Ken, 2F Sloth: We're still monitoring his health. He has been with a good appetite and attitude.

NEW ARRIVAL:
Nara, 3F Sloth:
This baby was found as an orphan in a high school. She has not been accepting much milk but is eating leaves really well.

I just love this little man! sweet Robin  :-*

Ken :-*

Annabelle

Lani

« Reply #8007 on: August 11, 2023, 12:13:05 PM »

Royal Albatross 8/11
This afternoon Manaaki at 203 days old, was weighed and supplementary feed 600ml of rehydrating fluids and 1 kg of fish and octopus. Yum!

🎥In case you missed it, here is Manaaki's recent GLS attachment with explanations.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=jY9IKG-3yEw

8/10
Julia holding an Albatross chick with their GLS device.
The devices are very small and attached to the S-S band with a very small cable tie. Kalinka from Parker Conservation helped with the attachments. Thank you. https://parkerconservation.co.nz
Photos credits: Kalinka Rexer-Huber

Royal Albatross - 8/9
Wind and Wings

Manaaki used the winds to help him with his wingercizes, and strengthen those flight muscles.
He also attempted a jump or two while hopping about.   
Clever chick.  ;D

A Black-billed gull dropped in to look, too.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1684561514903347200

« Last Edit: August 11, 2023, 12:15:41 PM by Lani »

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #8008 on: August 11, 2023, 12:53:31 PM »

KB  Good news for your area with the rain and subsequent lower temps which could get here by Monday.

CLYNN  A one in a million shot of the finch and hawk - Really special to get that.   " I'll go camping" ROTFL ;D

LISA  Keurig worked great - Even a bit quieter.   I got his speaker phone part working  LOL  and we had the speed dial process correct but we were supposed to HOLD the number button.  He went to Verizon and they showed him.  He's a happy camper now.  ;) ;)

OLDGUY   Have a great time - How far do you have to travel?   I want a red panda  LOL

EAGLES   Cute AM pic  ;)

TIG   Awww  Your houseguests have left -  :(   Nice honor for your Bro!!    Sure hope sidewalk project goes well.

LANI   Cute AM pic   ;D   Those little sloths are so very sweet. :-*   Manaaki is now wearing his "Fit Bit"  LOLOL  Interesting how they won't know any data til the albatross returns.  I'd be on pins and needles.

1 hour 45 min - reorganized the garage and swept it out - Set aside stuff for Tim to go through  - like 5 bottles the same car product and 4 bottles of another different one.  Sigh....
Chicagoland

kbshcb

« Reply #8009 on: August 11, 2023, 01:41:40 PM »

tsk - following yesterday's slightly cooler temps and rain last night, we have heated up with a high dewpoint....a feels like 89 right now....storms possible tonight and then again on Sunday which might bring in cooler temps for us next week.....
I've just hung out today....after many days of previous lawn work, helping Andrew, and watering....I'll kick back up into gear tomorrow.

Oh, I have that garage organizing task on my to do list before winter too...

Lani gorgeous Manaaki...and sounds like a wonderful project to determine where to put their energy to help them all.

tsk - "pins and needles"....lol..waiting for their return in 3-5 years.......hmmm....I sure hope we can witness this....meaning, I count every day a blessing right now.