Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2023  (Read 471410 times)

LisaG1967

Re: Beak Room 2023
« Reply #7305 on: July 22, 2023, 08:04:14 AM »

Tsk - small crowd here this year, but there was some new people that I did meet.  All are nice. One of the ladies lives here in Decorah and wrote and article about the eagles. T40 shared it in the Decorah thread a few days ago. Sue and Benny are not here. They were here Monday when I arrived and left the next day.

Karen - I sure will give greetings to Puff. I’m surprised she is still not here yet. No one is here. I am all by myself on the corner watching the traffic go by 😂

kbshcb

« Reply #7306 on: July 22, 2023, 08:05:10 AM »

A juvenile peregrine in the Isle of Man...between Great Britain and Ireland.
I don't often think about the raptors of Europe...

Happy Saturday all....

Tig - I got nada on the rainfall.....hoping some comes in this afternoon...that's all I can do is hope.
Meanwhile I will water my perennials in back as didn't get around to them yesterday..
In essence we've gotten a big fat zero rain this whole summer....

Lisa - sounds like so much fun and better yet is nice weather for ya...so glad to hear Misty is safe and at home recovering...it will be so nice for you to go home to her and Bandit I'm sure.

Phyl - yes, my pic yesterday was of  Mexican Grey Wolf...

No staining/painting for me this morning in case it rains....going forward we will have all 90's next week and no rain predicted.
Andrew will come now Mon or Tues...to help that DIY tie up project for my arbors and if time, a few more little projects.

Have not yet heard from my insurance company about approval/go ahead for my sewer project....will have to poke them by phone next week.....it's getting tiresome to not be able to flush tp... ;)

camperstig

• "Hoo hoo hoo hoo!"
« Reply #7307 on: July 22, 2023, 08:25:59 AM »

some bounce

Lisa... I bet someone is watching you from above  8) Hugs to Puff  Have a margarita or Whippy Dip for me  8)
(( KB ))  That's the s _ _ _ _    ::)

Here are MY pics from RA and ...
Camper
Da Bears
Cart road left / race road right
entrance to our garden

I need to get used to the look of this mulch. We have had cedar chips for about 5 yrs. I switched to cedar mulch because the chips tended to blow into the lawn due to being so dry from the drought the last 2 yrs.

Rest n ice, pick up this years ornament?, pick up groceries...

HAGD
Oh, when the boys came: first, I thanked them, then I pointed out safety items to be aware of in our yard, like uneven footing on the patio bricks, etc., and to beware of the man-eating grape plant at the gate... LOL... they had a good laugh.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2023, 08:31:43 AM by camperstig »
camper'sTIG - South Central MN
Decorah follower since Apr 2, 2011
"May Bob now soar with the eagles and dive with the falcons. You've left a living legacy behind on the earth" (barbells126)

Eagles4evr1116

• Mom Decorah. Fan since 04/06/2011.
« Reply #7308 on: July 22, 2023, 09:31:41 AM »

It's Caturday!

Overcast - sunny later - high of 72

Lani - cute 'night' pic!  Stay cool as much as possible.

Phyl - cute morning gif!  Cat-opoly  ;D  Like the Lennon / Potter kitty  :)

LisaG & Puff - Have a great Caturday!

Kb - Beautiful juvie peregrine  :)  Wish some rain would come your way.

Tig - Great pics!!  Camper looking good, love the bear carvings, cart road, and the entry to your garden is beautiful!

Yesterday was a busy day as I went to Costco for a few things, then went to The Home Depot to get some Silicon my hubby needed to fix our outdoor water fountain, then I vacuumed & mopped the whole house.  Today will be more kick-back as a friend of ours is coming to visit for the afternoon!

All have a nice 'Caturday'

kbshcb

« Reply #7309 on: July 22, 2023, 09:45:03 AM »

Eagles4 -- Luv the kitty floaty!...so chill

Just returned from a Chris, Ollieman walk....shorter as it's/he's already hot....next time we'll leave by 7am as the heat is on...
Chris is on a roll!....55 minutes out of 180 goal this week....to be continued, unless the heat is just too unbearable for all next week.

Great pics, Tig....luv your gardens...I understand about the mulch change...shredded is all I buy now. perhaps you'll get used to it..

camperstig

• "Hoo hoo hoo hoo!"
« Reply #7310 on: July 22, 2023, 09:55:15 AM »

Keep up the good werk Chis!
Hi E4E
camper'sTIG - South Central MN
Decorah follower since Apr 2, 2011
"May Bob now soar with the eagles and dive with the falcons. You've left a living legacy behind on the earth" (barbells126)

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #7311 on: July 22, 2023, 10:31:54 AM »

Happy Caturday Beakers! Stay Cool!  8)
Morning Lilbro, Blschue, Lori, Clynn, Tsk, Lisa, Karen, Oldguy, Puff, Eagles, Kb, Tig, Baz, Phyl, Peep, Jaspurr, Pink, Jilltosa, BL, Eburg, Weasel, Ezee, Bggolden, T40, ssrl, Maxie, Nrstooge, Omasawyer, Paulie, jicaji, LB, and All!
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #7312 on: July 22, 2023, 11:09:31 AM »

LISA   I read that article from that girl who lives in Decorah - a newbie and really enthusiastic.  Good to see.  Echoing TIG - Get a Hippy Dip this year!!!

TIG  I'm also in the same predicament with the chips - flies all over the place.  No more.   So that is how Camper does it - Nice pic.   That entrance to your garden is stunning - Can see all the loving, hard work you put into it.

EAGLES  Love the gif  ;D  Enjoy the day with your friend.

KB  So impressed with Chris's project.  Like the goal setting.  Too bad it's so dang hot!

LANI  Another cute summertime cat.

Off to lunch - Bulgarian restaurant with Tim's Dad's caregiver from years ago now.  We have never lost touch of Brian - He is married and has 1 child who is genetically impaired.  They are coming in from Grand Rapids  B&T joining us.
Chicagoland

karengramke

« Reply #7313 on: July 22, 2023, 11:16:44 AM »

Lani, love the heart shaped sun glasses on this Kitty?

Lisa, peaked in on your facebook page!   Congratulations on Misty’s adoption!  Papers signed and spay completed and she is back to her pre mama stage!  Sweet girl!  Jeff can get some  sleep!  When do you get home?
Tsk, enjoy lunch!  Nice to stay in touch.

Eagles, enjoy your afternoon visit with your friend!
« Last Edit: July 22, 2023, 11:21:32 AM by karengramke »

kbshcb

« Reply #7314 on: July 22, 2023, 11:32:07 AM »

someone posted this gorgeous picture of Hennepin Avenue Bridge in Minneapolis...can also see the old Grain Belt Beer sign....
Scott's Uncle was the Brewmaster there....not sure of the whole story but investors bought in in the early 2000's and moved it to another city but left the historic sign..ah, the stories of childhood Scott shared ;)

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
« Reply #7316 on: July 22, 2023, 12:42:35 PM »

"Every new day begins with possibilities."
President Ronald Reagan  at  the 1985 Geneva Summit

#IstandwithEvan

baziunc

• Queen of Decorah - April 10, 2016
« Reply #7317 on: July 22, 2023, 02:07:49 PM »

HAPPY CATURDAY, BEAKERS!  :)

I was at the DMV at 7:45 am this morning to get in line before they opened at 8am. I was finally getting the "Real ID" version of my D/L.  I should've gotten there earlier - loooong line, but got'r done!  I'm REAL now!   ;D

I skipped breakfast, but had some fruit when I got home. I'm famished now! So I'm heading out to fix that.  ;)

Later, Gators! Stay cool!  :D

"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, that is why it is called the present."   ― A.A. Milne

"Hope for the best and accept what comes." ― President Jimmy Carter, on Aug. 20, 2015, during press conference at The Carter Center

karengramke

« Reply #7318 on: July 22, 2023, 02:14:33 PM »

Wow, went out to buy some collars for Piper and while on the way the sky opened up and turned black and the thunder rolled!   Sure do not have to water for for a few days!  Piper has a. Selection of collars, all red except for one I am returning to Petsmart  and it is black!  She does not like any of them and wants to go out now!  Too stormy!

T40cfr403

« Reply #7319 on: July 22, 2023, 03:28:02 PM »

Decorah Eagles 7-21-23, ATF crowd waves at the cam

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XxPqq86MvF0
Only within the moment of time represented by the present century has one species -- man -- acquired significant power to alter the nature of the world.
― Rachel Carson, Silent Spring