Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2023  (Read 470667 times)

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
Re: Beak Room 2023
« Reply #6795 on: July 07, 2023, 11:35:53 AM »

EAGLES  Hope all is well with Mom at the doc.

KB   I was able to see that Beaver and baby on Twitter... ;D

LANI  Smart lookin' dude cat this AM  ;)

KAREN   I do not have one dress or skirt - pencil or otherwise - in my closet  LOL  Are Piper's accidents becoming less?
Chicagoland

kbshcb

« Reply #6796 on: July 07, 2023, 11:44:52 AM »

Yah, tsk!...I wonder if something has changed?....no need to try and answer, I'm just thinking out loud.

Also, Yah!...Iner called and will be here 7:15 Monday morning to run the camera and give an estimate.

Will get the job done this month.....patience, young grasshopper!

LORIDAVIS

• Peace Love Unity & Respect
    • Facebook
« Reply #6797 on: July 07, 2023, 11:47:11 AM »

Decorah Hatchery

July 7, 2023: DH2 on the Y-Branch!
https://youtu.be/qSGcZ5ecckU via RRP
Who's that eagle on the Y-Branch? It's DH2! As one of our chat mods noted, DH2 appears to be saving us work with a little tree trimming this morning. It's wonderful to see our eaglet back on the nest tree and in the nest!
Lori Davis
AcuraRacerGirl

karengramke

« Reply #6798 on: July 07, 2023, 12:24:09 PM »

Tsk, yes they are.  Hate to say that in case they return!   Nothing for the last two days and so far good today!
« Last Edit: July 07, 2023, 05:31:26 PM by karengramke »

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #6799 on: July 07, 2023, 01:09:57 PM »

Tsk, yes they are.  Hate to sy tht in case they return!   Nothing for the last two dys nd so fr good tody!

YAY Piper!!   ;D 8)
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

Lani

« Reply #6800 on: July 07, 2023, 01:10:56 PM »

Decorah Hatchery

July 7, 2023: DH2 on the Y-Branch!
https://youtu.be/qSGcZ5ecckU via RRP
Who's that eagle on the Y-Branch? It's DH2! As one of our chat mods noted, DH2 appears to be saving us work with a little tree trimming this morning. It's wonderful to see our eaglet back on the nest tree and in the nest!

Hi Lori, this is great and especially DH2!  :-*
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

kbshcb

« Reply #6801 on: July 07, 2023, 01:16:29 PM »

Murphy's Rock baby has been released....fly high and stay safe Rocky!

Lani

« Reply #6802 on: July 07, 2023, 01:35:57 PM »

Fantastic!  :-*

baziunc

• Queen of Decorah - April 10, 2016
« Reply #6803 on: July 07, 2023, 01:39:56 PM »

:-* :-* :-*  YAYAY!! What a great story this Rocky adoptee eaglet and Murphy, the loving Eagle Dad, has been! Such a happy ending! I hope Murphy gets to do more parenting in the future, and not just parenting rocks, LOL! - he is obviously wired to be great at parenting! Fly high and safe, Rocky! Hugs to Murphy, too.  :-* :-*

"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, that is why it is called the present."   ― A.A. Milne

"Hope for the best and accept what comes." ― President Jimmy Carter, on Aug. 20, 2015, during press conference at The Carter Center

baziunc

• Queen of Decorah - April 10, 2016
« Reply #6804 on: July 07, 2023, 02:08:28 PM »

Happy Day, Beakers!  :D

Lisa and Lori, thanks for the pics and update on DH2 being on the Y and the nest again today! I sure would like to see DH2 chasing HD to the nest, squeeing all the while, as HD makes a fish delivery to N1! But I am happy to know DH2 is clearly eating and having lots of good flights and interactions all about the area there.  :-*

Lisa, I didn't see your prompt to TSK regarding the Serena/Venus mention. I must've not read very closely. You mentioned kittens in the plural when you said Jaspurr sent you updates often. Did she adopt another kitten at AC when she adopted one of Misty's kittens? Or maybe she already had a kitten when she adopted Misty's kitten at AC? Are you on the road to ATF soon? Safe travels, and have a great time!

Karen, that's great that Piper is having lots of successes in the housebreaking department! Yay! Were you asking if I had BBC in regards to watching Wimbledon? ESPN is broadcasting it. Do you have ESPN? Or were you asking me about BBC for a different reason?

Clynn, the Munchkins had a great time at the park! Loved all the pics!  :D :-* :-*  I remember the firstpizza our family had - I was either in junior high, or high school - not sure which, and it was in the summer. A Pizza Hut had opened in our town, and so we convinced our parents to let us get one to bring home so all of us could try it. We liked it, but I remember my mother saying that it sure was expensive for how much you got. LOL!  Needless to say, it was a long time till we had takeout pizza at home again. But ChefBoyarDee (sp?) make-your-own pizza kits were a staple in the kitchen cabinet. We would toss the dough for fun when we made them late at night after mom and dad were in bed, and more than one of those crusts had to be unstuck from the kitchen ceiling. Shh! Don't make noise getting that step ladder out!  ;D ;D  ;D

TSK, ugh on losing your post! This article has a pretty good description of Nadal's hip surgery. Yes, it was arthroscopic, but pretty involved, nonetheless, apparently, since it took 3 surgeons, and 1 of them was flown to Barcelona from Colorado to perform it. There are a lot of embedded ads in this article, but it was interesting enough to me to read and scroll through the whole thing - a good overall summary of his situation after the surgery was complete:
https://www.forbes.com/sites/adamzagoria/2023/06/03/rafael-nadals-hip-surgery-went-well-faces-5-month-recovery/?sh=6b34cb8f7552 -
"Rafael Nadal's Hip Surgery 'Went Well,' And He Now Faces A Five Month Recovery"

I'm off to the grocery store...

Waving to All the Beakers!  :D

« Last Edit: July 07, 2023, 02:14:35 PM by baziunc »
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, that is why it is called the present."   ― A.A. Milne

"Hope for the best and accept what comes." ― President Jimmy Carter, on Aug. 20, 2015, during press conference at The Carter Center

Puff

« Reply #6805 on: July 07, 2023, 03:17:12 PM »

Fantastic!  :-*[/B]

good news story!!!

[/b]This is one Beautiful Finale!!  Had all of media covering it, too.  I hope they run the outcome film, now too.

Wimbledon was on Tennis channel up til now - weekend and further into ladder they switch to espn.

P

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #6806 on: July 07, 2023, 03:25:14 PM »

KB  Good ole Iner coming through in a timely fashion .  ;D   Great news on Rocky.  Hope the news networks follow up as well.

LORI  Great gif of DH2 :o

Yay KAREN  Good news.  :D

BAZI  No worries - Lisa prompted me in a PM  LOL  Thanks for the article.  Jaspurr adopted Daisy and Piper together!!!
Chicagoland

karengramke

« Reply #6807 on: July 07, 2023, 03:56:38 PM »

Baz, when I googled tv viewing for Wimbleton, the bbc  was the only channel that came up!  Yes, I get espn!
Thanks! 
Good news on Rocky!  Looks great up in the sky!  Thanks for the view on the y as well!
« Last Edit: July 07, 2023, 05:34:29 PM by karengramke »

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
« Reply #6808 on: July 07, 2023, 04:45:48 PM »

This is just wonderful news!  Murphy, you did good, real good!
"Every new day begins with possibilities."
President Ronald Reagan  at  the 1985 Geneva Summit

#IstandwithEvan

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
« Reply #6809 on: July 07, 2023, 04:47:49 PM »

CLynn luved pencil skirts when revived in the '80's. Had a kaki one that buttoned up the side from below the knee to 3" above. I wore the business classic red blouse with it and navy pumps .  Anthony has yet to 'fend' for himself. If I were his mama...

TsK   Shucks! about your post .

{{{Lisa}}} thanks temps will be 'oppressive' come August. Some good news on the kitties in new homes. Glad Jaspurr is keeping you up to date with Piper/Daisy
Glad Bandit/ Misty are getting on. 

{{{Tig}}} hoping for some good news 4 you---'key hole' or arthroscopy  is what I had done to both knees 7yrs ago to 'clean' out the torn meneicus  (R)and arthritis (R and L). Left two tiny scars in shape of  'stars' on either side of the knee cap.

E4E  cute AM this morning;  sure hope your mama's doc visit went well

Kb did know that about how  beavers carry their kits. Such cute video tks

Lani  tks for update on Puffin Dad Willie and Duryea

Karen hurrah! Progress for your Piper. Maybe she feels safer outside with you there?.  I doubt if I could get into that pencil skirt from the 80s---it was a size 4. I'm
a size 8 now.   :(

Lori  tks for the 'gif' of  DH2 ---all the eaglelets are looking great this season.
"Every new day begins with possibilities."
President Ronald Reagan  at  the 1985 Geneva Summit

#IstandwithEvan