Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2023  (Read 470270 times)

kbshcb

Re: Beak Room 2023
« Reply #6705 on: July 04, 2023, 08:51:39 AM »

Well, my resolve didn't last very long.

Home now with Ollie on the carpeted floor and small fan aimed at him.

I cut it short by one block which means two as it's a rectangle.....close to home by almost 2 blocks he stops and acts like he will go no more....rolls in someone's cool green grass and my thermos is empty...we managed to make it back home...only mid 70's but the dew point is bad...I told you Ollie! ;) ;)

I'm so grateful for those few homeowners who bother to water their lawns and have green grass for Ollie man's toes and body...wish I'd see the owners outside as I'd thank them for Ollie's sake.

Eagles4evr1116

• Mom Decorah. Fan since 04/06/2011.
« Reply #6706 on: July 04, 2023, 09:02:10 AM »

Everyone have a fun & safe 4th {Beakers}

We are getting ready to head out of town - be back tomorrow!

karengramke

« Reply #6707 on: July 04, 2023, 10:06:19 AM »

Safe trip e4e!  Currently 88 degrees with z69% humidity!   Rain chance only44% and spotty!  Have spent over an hour outsidewith Piper.  Not bad as there was a slight breeze.  Best chance for a good rain is Friday and Saturday!  Temps in the 70s sound gret to me!  I think tht my hve been thecse here hen e took our first. Trio out this m!

Lis, ho re things going t Bradley's house?  Lizzie and Stewie getting long or just tolerating each other

Tsk, great menu!  Corn sounds good!

Thanks for the info, .baz!

Costa Rica is said to have the best temps in the world!  Large
American colony there.  Closer to home, San Diego!  Crops, fruits and veggies rotting in the fields in Florida.
Clynn, thanks for the interesting info on family and Bone Gap! Interesting reading!  All have an enjoyable 4th .  Be safe!

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #6708 on: July 04, 2023, 10:30:38 AM »

Good morning Beakers!
Hi Lilbro, Blschue, Lori, Clynn, Tsk, Lisa, Karen, Oldguy, Puff, Eagles, Kb, Tig, Baz, Phyl, Peep, Jaspurr, Pink, Jilltosa, BL, Eburg, Weasel, Ezee, Bggolden, T40, ssrl, Maxie, Nrstooge, Omasawyer, Paulie and All!

{{{Karen and Piper}}}

Eagles, Have a fun 4th and safe travels  ;D

Phyl, many interesting and informative docs on Independence Day and the Constitution. We always watch the series "John Adams"

Clynn, Mike drove his car to Sky Harbor in Phoenix and will leave it there. He just called and is ready to board. I'm so glad his flight didn't cancel, like other flights have this holiday... Are the kids coming over.

Tsk, you didn't catch the car scene. When Endeavor looks in the rear view mirror at the passing red jag and Inspector Morse looks in the rear view mirror at the back of the black car, both men with their piercing blue eyes glancing at the other, the past and the future flying by. Awesome ending. Great writing for Season 9!

Kb, cool morning pic of the tails "RTH or young AE juvies?" .. we finished our morning walk an hour ago. It was starting to warm up. It was 64 when we started and 75 when we returned home. It's 83 now. UGH! Take care on your walk.

Great news! Aly's furniture arrived late yesterday. 2 men helped carry things in, less than 75 steps to her door and no stairs. So there was no extra cost.   ::)
Only one antique table top was broken from legs, that happened here before they left. Supposedly it was repaired before they left, but it wasn't. It's Mike's grandfather's antique table
with lion's feet. Aly will get it repaired and put a claim on that. Other than that, everything arrived. It's done, it's over!!! Thank you God!  :-*

Shannon and her dog Kona is coming for dinner tonight.
They'll stay downstairs on the lower level, Kona will have the dog run and patio.
Sadie and Kona do not like each other.
it will be nice to have them here.

Beakers, Have a lovely and safe 4th!!!

All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

camperstig

• "Hoo hoo hoo hoo!"
« Reply #6709 on: July 04, 2023, 10:38:00 AM »

Bounce
Lani ... Yay!!!!!!!
Rain! Rain! Rain!  Yahoo! Woo hoo hoo hoo!
camper'sTIG - South Central MN
Decorah follower since Apr 2, 2011
"May Bob now soar with the eagles and dive with the falcons. You've left a living legacy behind on the earth" (barbells126)

kbshcb

« Reply #6710 on: July 04, 2023, 10:50:47 AM »

woot woot....a gully washer here!..for the last 35 minutes....more maybe later tonight!

All my gutter ends were over flowing, and I had to put 5 gallon buckets out in my porch...

can't wait to go out and see how much in my rain gauge.

kbshcb

« Reply #6711 on: July 04, 2023, 10:53:15 AM »

Just read your post, Lani!....incredibly good news....hallelujah...

kbshcb

« Reply #6712 on: July 04, 2023, 10:58:31 AM »

Lightening up here a bit, light rain...probably going to end soon.

I only dumped 1/2 inch.....surprised I tell ya..but in only 35-40 minutes....some reporting more in my city.

Tig - you have a rain gauge?

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #6713 on: July 04, 2023, 10:59:20 AM »

KB  Those hawks look beautiful sitting there.  Maybe just a short walk?  Just read on - Ollie just didn't listen to you..

EAGLES  Enjoy the day.  Drive carefully.

LANI  to be very honest - I've been in and out of this series.  I did watch the special they had tho recapping the series.  AMEN to that move!!  I sure hope they were respectful and didn't waggle out an extra fee.  Enjoy your 4th with Shannon and Kona  ;D

TIG /KB You're getting rain??? YAY  1/2 " is better than nothing for sure
Chicagoland

camperstig

• "Hoo hoo hoo hoo!"
« Reply #6714 on: July 04, 2023, 11:27:52 AM »

Nope... No guage here  :-\
camper'sTIG - South Central MN
Decorah follower since Apr 2, 2011
"May Bob now soar with the eagles and dive with the falcons. You've left a living legacy behind on the earth" (barbells126)

clynndunn

• For the love of Eagles....
« Reply #6715 on: July 04, 2023, 11:33:15 AM »

Lani, glad to hear Mike is boarding, so many cancelled flights today!  Nice that you will have Shannon this evening! And thrilled that Aly got her furniture and they even carried it into the house! Yay! Love that patriotic cat, how cool!!

The Munchkins in their patriotic shirts! (Guess which grandma got them those Rolling Stones Hot Lips shirts...  ;D)

tsk, I looked up a corn salad recipe, the one I looked at had feta cheese. Yours sounds better!  I have a recipe that I got from someone called Cowboy Salsa, but I use it as a side salad. It has shoepeg corn, onion, tomato, black beans, blackeye peas, green/red/yellow peppers and a jalapeno pepper. Mixed with Wishbone Zesty Italian dressing. So good! That house plan I posted, there is one bathroom (none upstairs) for all. It is just below the kitchen in the picture.

Hooray for some rain in the Minneapolis area!

Never lie, steal, cheat, or drink. But if you must lie, lie in the arms of the one you love. If you must steal, steal away from bad company. If you must cheat, cheat death. And if you must drink, drink in the moments that take your breath away. ~ Unknown

karengramke

« Reply #6716 on: July 04, 2023, 12:29:27 PM »

Lani!  Great news re Alys furniture!  No cost to bring in in!  Sorry about the table!   Happy for Mike and the plane!   Glad Shannon and kona will share tge holiday with you Sadie, the cats, etc!   Have fun!
Clynn, love the Bee Butts!  Love the shirts you bought!  What is with Bellas hair?   Looks short and dark.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2023, 01:41:42 PM by karengramke »

LisaG1967

« Reply #6717 on: July 04, 2023, 01:04:06 PM »

Good Afternoon Beakers.....HAPPY 4th of July!

tig - Yum on the chicken and dumplings, and mmm, beef stew in a cast iron skillet over campfire.
 ;D I am with you on the forecast.  I was looking forwards to a nice thunderboomer, nothing! 

tsk - I had to giggle at your comment about, "I tried dumplings once  LOL  Will not say more".
I have never been a good dumpling maker, but I sure like to eat them!

clynn - Love that morning coffee greeting for the 4th!  Thanks for posting the pics of karen's Piper, so cute!  $1.00 for home plans..that's a bargain! I love the front porch.  Munchkins look cute in their patriotic shirts!

kb - Hmm, I do have a Twitter account, will check to see if I am still logged in on my phone.  Love the peacock. Great pics of your RT hawks!

baz - Thank you!  :-*  Thanks for the tunes, RRP post on DH2, and the fledgling fundraiser tomorrow! 

E4E - We are happy that all got adopted.   :) 

oldguy - Thanks for the Twitter info!  We were supposed to have some really bad weather last night, but I think it missed us once again.

Phyl - Yep, Misty got a hard pass on the snip-snip.   They said, maybe a couple more weeks for her.  Love your lighted plant last night.  Nice 4th greeting, and thanks for the info on Independence Day.

Lani - I know you were worried about my lil black kitties.  :-*  Oh my, you all had some very warm temps!  So glad to hear that Aly's furniture arrived, and that it was no extra cost! Enjoy your dinner with Shannon.

karen - They kitties at Bradley's seem to be getting along ok.  They did change Lizzie's name to Ziva.  Ziva is one of Kelly's favorite characters from NCIS.

karengramke

« Reply #6718 on: July 04, 2023, 01:48:58 PM »

I sure do like Lizzy!  Ziva doesnt sound like a sweet shy Kitty!   Not my kitty tho so not my call!  Lol.  Ht nmes do they hve picked out for the bby?   Do e get to vote?  Lolol I like Pioer Lee Mrtin!   Hs. Nice rking to it

LisaG1967

« Reply #6719 on: July 04, 2023, 04:13:08 PM »

I sure do like Lizzy!  Ziva doesnt sound like a sweet shy Kitty!   Not my kitty tho so not my call!  Lol.  Ht nmes do they hve picked out for the bby?   Do e get to vote?  Lolol I like Pioer Lee Mrtin!   Hs. Nice rking to it

The name has been picked out, and I am sure some people know, like maybe Kelly's family & friends. But, whenever I am around and someone asks, she says, it's a secret and I catch a look from her looking at me.  Oh well  ::) 

I do like Piper Lee Martin, tho.  ;D