Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2023  (Read 470260 times)

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
Re: Beak Room 2023
« Reply #6645 on: July 02, 2023, 06:10:00 PM »

Good Morning Beakers

Phyl - Sorry about your Quicken. We had a 2010 Quicken program that used a CD.  Jeff made a back-up of the Quicken on a thumb-drive, just in case anything happens. I back up the thumb-drive once a week.   This past year we bought the newest Quicken program, which I think comes with online back-up too.  I hope you can get yours all sorted out.  :-* Cute 4th figurine.

You same as me. I have option for 'online backup' to a cloud. But  backup to my hard drive and copy to a CD "Quicken BackUPs'.  I work in Quicken daily and backup daily.
The problem is I know just enough to cause me grief. LOL
"Every new day begins with possibilities."
President Ronald Reagan  at  the 1985 Geneva Summit

#IstandwithEvan

Phyl

« Reply #6646 on: July 02, 2023, 06:20:51 PM »

CLynn  yes it is a long wait for Geek Squad and the guy is comming from Mt. Juliet, TN  just a few miles away. Go Fig.
 LOL kitty used as a mobile check background.  Bald eagle cartoon---LOL

Tsk
it's a long wait for GeekSqd for sure; stay warm and dry---don't y'all  float away. Thanks for the update from the Millers on DH2.

{{{Tig}}} those berries beg  to be eaten

KB those otter pups are adorable and sweet looking

Lisa I sure hope Raven gets his promised home.  ..🙏 's continue

Lani cute 'beach baby' cats

#IstandwithEvan

Phyl

« Reply #6647 on: July 02, 2023, 06:29:18 PM »

Wishing everyone a 'Good  Evening' and SEDs .     

#IstandwithEvan

baziunc

• Queen of Decorah - April 10, 2016
« Reply #6648 on: July 02, 2023, 08:47:11 PM »

Happy Sunday!

ugg, terribly hot and humid but I've already done the 3 W's...walked Ollie, watering, and wilting...
I'll move the sprinklers around all morning, do some hand watering where they don't reach and call it a day.

Tig - you and me both on the hope for rain....my weather app has varied widely the last few days...from 1 1/2 inch to now about a half an inch....means we won't know until Tuesday I guess.

My two love birds red tail hawks are sitting on the water tower....

Later.

KB, those Asian Small-clawed Otter pups in your photo were born last year, and live in the aquarium near me.

Here is the article from when they received their names after a vote last summer:)
https://www.ncaquariums.com/newsroom-fort-fisher/posts/more-than-14k-vote-ncaff-otter-pups-now-have-names?locale=fr

Those otter pups parents surprised the Aquarium folks with a 2nd litter this past January - only 9 months after their first litter!!  ;D :-*  So now there are even more of them!  :D  Here's the update from the 2nd litter born this past January:
https://www.ncaquariums.com/habitats-ff

That surprise second litter of 3 otter pups made their public debut just a couple of months ago, this past April 18th, and they have names now, too:-*
https://www.ncaquariums.com/ncaff-blog/posts/gemma-kai-and-ren-make-public-debut - includes a 1-minute video of them all coming out into the public display, including the newest 3 pups, who are making their first time public debut! Cute.

« Last Edit: July 02, 2023, 08:52:05 PM by baziunc »
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, that is why it is called the present."   ― A.A. Milne

"Hope for the best and accept what comes." ― President Jimmy Carter, on Aug. 20, 2015, during press conference at The Carter Center

baziunc

• Queen of Decorah - April 10, 2016
« Reply #6649 on: July 02, 2023, 09:22:49 PM »

Waving to All the Beakers!  :)

Tsk and Puff, I hope y'all haven't floated away - and I seriously hope your property is not under water! I saw all the flooding on TV today from the inches and inches and more inches of rain that fell in and all around the Chicago metro area!!

Tsk, I don't really follow NASCAR, but couldn't help noting its story today. Wow on today's Grant Park 220 NASCAR street race!  Rain-delayed start, and then shortened by 25 laps when it was called due to impending darkness. A deluge for that inaugural event, and an Aussie came and won it!!
https://chicago.suntimes.com/2023/7/1/23781445/nascar-chicago-race-rain

Karen, that's great that Piper has that laid back approach and the fireworks didn't upset him!

Lisa, watch out for the weather around you tomorrow, too! re-schedule that vet visit if need be... stay safe.

Good night, Beakers. Everyone in the path of the storms, please stay alert and stay safe. Peace. SED.
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, that is why it is called the present."   ― A.A. Milne

"Hope for the best and accept what comes." ― President Jimmy Carter, on Aug. 20, 2015, during press conference at The Carter Center

Eagles4evr1116

• Mom Decorah. Fan since 04/06/2011.
« Reply #6650 on: July 02, 2023, 09:25:54 PM »

Karen - That is great that Piper is not bothered by the loud Fireworks!

Tsk - Wow! Your area sure got lots of rain today!

Kb - Yaay - that's great to have the two RT Hawks sitting up on the water tower!

LisaG - Wishing all the best for Misty at her appt.   Hope Jeff's cousin adopts Raven for her daughter  :)

Lani - Good thing you walked with Sadie early!   We got into the mid 70's.  Love the Green Valley Park, Payson pic  ;D

Puff - Yep, your newspaper is probably very soggy! ::)

Tig - Your berries look so delicious - wish I could taste them!  Love your pictures - very nice!

Tsk - Thank you for posting Darlene & Glen Miller as to DH2 - really appreciated it!

Phyl - Hope your PC issues get fixed soon.  Love your 'good evening' pic.

Baz - Cute Otters and thank you for link on their names.  :)

Today my Mom & sis were over here for a rib bbq!  My Mom brought everything for strawberry shortcake dessert.  We got together today to celebrate Independence Day since we won't get together on the 4th.  We had a wonderful day. ;D

Beakers have a good evening  :)

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #6651 on: July 03, 2023, 01:27:29 AM »

Karen, glad all is well with you and Piper.  :)

Clynn, yes, there's always a band playing every Saturday... Mike is home and will leave for Ohio early Tuesday the 4th.,,, mobile check deposit LOL! ... fawns and cleaning lady  ;D.

Tsk, YAY Rain!!! From that view of Green Valley Park, you can see miles and miles of what we call Rim Country of Tonto National Forest.

Puff, congratulations for rain!

Tig, what a great berry bush.

Eagles,I wish we had mid 70's weather today...  sounds like a nice bbq with your mom and sis. I hope she's feeling well.

Kb, sweet otters, reminds me of the otters Peep loved to follow.

Baz, thank you for the follow up on Kb's morning pic of Stella, Mae and Selene (love the names)

anyone watch PBS Endeavor? It's fantastic!

Good night!

Sweet Eagle Dreams, Baz, Lori, Karen, Puff, Tsk, Oldguy, Lisa, Lilbro, Eagles, Pink, Clynn, Kb, Tig, Blschue, Phyl, BL and Pip, Godiva, Peep, Jaspurr, Ezee, Eburg, Lindy, RubyRed246, ssrl, Firetruck, Weasel, Jilltosa, Maxie, Masswatch, Paulie, DeborahG, MpMom and Pete, laniebelle, OnEagleWings, NWarg, Garmohoff, Nrstooge, WendyC3, Tigeag, T40, Ginger, Cwellsla, Nanimal, Bggolden, Nora, Rewrap4u, Eaglesrock, Teamcarnes, Seabeeinch, Walton, Sparky, Tulsaducati, Omasawyer, izzysamlikeseagles, bustopbird, Neva, Yank, Linda.L, smrf, nhJane.

Thinking of and missing, Peep, Jaspurr, Jilltosa, Wilson, Godiva, MpMom and Pete, Marrymo, Keystone, TxTeacher, Smb, Naimoj, Thyla/Anne, D7Birder, Indy, Neva, Smb, Alice, and those who have not been with us for a while.

Prayers For Puff, Jicaji, Tim and Tsk, Eagle's Kris, Lori and her grandma Clute, Tsk's friend Pam and Hubby, Karen, Maxie and Larry, Camper's daughter, Ed's sis Gina, Tsk's Barb & Tom, Baz great niece and family, Peep's friend's family, Clynn's DIL's mom, Ed's friend Greg, Tsk's friend, Puff's brother, Masswatch hubby Jamey, Pip's Dad, Ezee, EagleFanDave, Tim's Uncle, Paulie's granddaughter Madison, Emy and family, Clynn's mom and Ed,  Lori's grandmother, Tim's son and grandson, WW JW, Keystone, Jilltosa, Eaglesrock cousin Michael, Thyla/Anne, Neva's family, Weasel and family, and All here in need of healing and comforting.

Special Prayers For Puff, Tsk, Phyl, Jim and Maggie, Karen, Blschue and family, Eagle's Kris, Lori and family, Phyl's BIL Danny and brother Dan.

Special prayers for All God's creature great and small, For Misty and her kittens, Clynn's Honey and Gunnar, SWFL Harriet, Star, Maggie, Little One and all those like her, Dunrovin Harriet, Hellgate Iris, TRR rescue babies, The Fairy Penguins, Berry Mom,  NEFL Juliet, Romeo and Samson, Lucy and Larry, Salt River wild horses, Alaska Bears and Wolves that they be saved, Decorah, E2/D1, Dr Rogers and Black bears Shadow and family and Wildlife Research Institute, and All God's creatures great and small.
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

Phyl

« Reply #6652 on: July 03, 2023, 06:13:01 AM »

Good Morning ...

Currently  75 F   Our high 90F sunny   and our Low 71F  clear.

Lisa 🙏 's continue for Misty and her surgery.

E4E yum strawberry short cake! Go just right with a can of  RediWhip I have in fridge. So nice you’re able to spend time with your mom.

Puff/Tsk hope things dry out  ;)

Clynn    🙏 's continue for Honey, sending pets

#IstandwithEvan

Phyl

« Reply #6653 on: July 03, 2023, 06:18:10 AM »

BLUEBIRDS OF CANE RIDGE TENNESSEE----Nashville

2nd clutch of the 2023 Nesting Season

June 10, 2023  9:57 AM

Not sure if this is CR#53  #54 (female ?)

Bluebirds 2nd clutch of the 2023 Nesting Season  cont.

9:50AM  Possibly CR #54

Bluebirds 2nd clutch  of the 2023 nesting Season    cont.

10:14 AM
Looks like CR#53
« Last Edit: July 03, 2023, 06:23:36 AM by Phyl »

#IstandwithEvan

Phyl

« Reply #6654 on: July 03, 2023, 06:18:20 AM »

Bluebirds 2nd clutch  2023 Nesting Season, cont

June 11, 2023    12:36PM

Looks like CR# 54

Bluebirds 2nd clutch of 2023 nesting Season, cont.
1:38 PM

CR #54 being by Dad, CR44 of 2022  nesting season's clutch (same as Mom CR47)

Bluebirds 2nd clutch  of 2023 Nesting Season, cont.

1:50 pm

Looks like CR#54 with Mom CR#47

« Last Edit: July 03, 2023, 06:29:03 AM by Phyl »

#IstandwithEvan

Phyl

« Reply #6655 on: July 03, 2023, 06:21:41 AM »

Bluebirds 2nd clutch 2023 nesting season, cont.

2:15pm

Looks like CR#54 with Mom

Bluebirds 2nd clutch 2023 Nesting Season , cont.   

2:15pm

Looks like CR 54 with Dad, CR44 of 2022  nesting season's clutch (same as Mom CR47).

#IstandwithEvan

Phyl

« Reply #6656 on: July 03, 2023, 06:22:26 AM »

Bluebirds 2nd clutch of 2023 Nesting Season,
cont.

June 12, 2023   1:39pm.

Dad, CR44 of 2022  nesting season's clutch .

Bluebirds 2nd clutch of 2023 Nesting Season, cont. 

6-12-23.

Big brother just leaving after feeding CR#52

Bluebirds 2nd clutch2023 Nesting Season , cont.

6-12-23.

Dad, CR44 of 2022  nesting season's clutch (same as Mom CR47) comes in with  food. CR # 54 is ready!

#IstandwithEvan

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #6657 on: July 03, 2023, 06:27:34 AM »

HI EVERYONE

63 heading to 83  mostly sunny  Dew point 57

BAZI   Very interesting back story to the Asian small clawed otters.  Very prolific  LOL     Such a shame for Nascar - which I don't follow either.  BUT has been the news and in preparation for a year+ as it was the first time and all that it took to create the route etc  Traffic will now still be an issue until the breakdown and cleanup occur.

EAGLES  Long 4th weekend for everyone to find a time to celebrate  ;)

LANI   Yes I watched the series finale of Endeavor last night - Had to Google tho afterwards as I had questions about the end  LOLOL

PHYL  thanks for pics of the new BB family - Particularly like the new baby next to the parent to compare coloring
Chicagoland

Puff

« Reply #6658 on: July 03, 2023, 06:35:26 AM »

Look at all the bluebirds!!!  What a thrill Phyl  You must not be getting much done other than watching all the activities.  Enjoy!!!!  I've never had one visit me.  :(  These feather movers know how to tease us.  I did watch the shake/shake/shake house fitch visit yesterday.  He stayed quite a long time.  I haven't seen him lately and was worried about his safety.

Area rain record yesterday.  You all know how badly it was needed. Chgo record 3.35 inches.  My gauge, 5.7".  tsk I think was 6.3".   Many local areas 8+; two 9+.  Happy to report the water system worked - It didn't go on this morning!  More promised (?) on Wednesday; sever winds tomorrow, though.

P   

clynndunn

• For the love of Eagles....
« Reply #6659 on: July 03, 2023, 06:38:57 AM »

Good Morning Beakers!

Lani, Rim Country is beautiful, I think I would love to live there... I just heard on the news that Phoenix will have a high of 116 today, the Weather Channel says 111. HOT whichever! I am sure that heat spreads all over... At Becky's place in Oceanside OR the high today is 61. Maybe that is the place to be, on the coast!  Wishing Mike a safe trip to Ohio. Stay cool!

E4E, I tried the indoor grill out last night, I cooked hamburgers so Ed didn't have to go out in the heat. It was good, no smoke, it took the same time to cook as it does on the outside grill and tasted almost the same! I was surprised at how light it is, easy to clean and plenty of room for 4 burgers or steaks. There is a warming section on each side so you could grill some veggies and keep them warm. A flat pan under the grilling section with water in it catches the drips, this is why there is no smoke! I think I will be using it a lot, and it's not huge so I will be able to find a place for it!  https://www.amazon.com/Starfrit-Indoor-Smokeless-Electric-Grill/dp/B07F33TF8D  Strawberries and shortcake, your Mom is A #1 in my book!

baz, love the update on the little seals! They are so cute, and then there were 3 more! They are doing what they can to increase the population! Wow, that is a serious zoo if you have to have reservations to visit! Another bit on the 'find' from Sue!

Sue Bruhling - Breaking News!
Raptor Resource Project has confirmed that Our Princess, DH2 was found this morning at 8:00 AM, CST on a pine tree just behind the back of the fish hatchery property!  She is safe and sound and looking all so Beautiful! ❤ Thank You! @Darlene Miller & @Glenn Miller for finding DH2 and sharing your story with us! ❤ We knew you would never give up! ❤

Phyl, they must be short of help at the Geek Squad! It took that long for my pc to be fixed, thank goodness I have the laptop, I just don't use it unless I have to. Love the good morning pic! Honey is doing good, still getting me up EARLY because she is hungry, she is still eating and napping, just no energy to play with her toys...  Oh your Bluebirds! You have some good pictures! Jennifer (sis's partner) is tracking 12 Bluebird nests in Oregon, she has to visit each nest site once a week and document her observations. She uses their spotting scope so she can see more and count the little ones.

tsk, WOW, 6" of rain? Yes, that spells flooding. I saw a couple of pictures of flooded basements on the news.  Thanks so much for the news on DH2! The Millers are so dedicated to Decorah...of course they weren't going to leave until they found her! Good morning, sounds like you will have a nice no-rain day today? Is that your favorite ice cream?

Puff, happy to hear your finch let you know he was okay! You and tsk really got drenched! Hope you are feeling better each day...

Boulder County Fairgrounds Osprey Cam - Riv Hellington - Family portrait with mom sitting in the nest with the kids.

Never lie, steal, cheat, or drink. But if you must lie, lie in the arms of the one you love. If you must steal, steal away from bad company. If you must cheat, cheat death. And if you must drink, drink in the moments that take your breath away. ~ Unknown