Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2023  (Read 470291 times)

karengramke

Re: Beak Room 2023
« Reply #6570 on: June 30, 2023, 10:36:29 AM »

88 going to 97! 
Lani, is that Iris?  Have to check on that! 
Thanks for ll the pictures from the y!  2011 was a  Very special year!
Lani, Kansas is a long way from here but you are welcome to visit if the winter is too cold!
« Last Edit: June 30, 2023, 04:59:05 PM by karengramke »

LisaG1967

« Reply #6571 on: June 30, 2023, 10:56:57 AM »

Morning weasel  :)

karen - Stay cool today!  How is Piper doing?

Lani - Great pic of Iris!

E4E - Things are going OK over here. 

tsk - Good air quality for you today.  We are still 126.

camperstig

• "Hoo hoo hoo hoo!"
« Reply #6572 on: June 30, 2023, 11:15:06 AM »

no bounce yet
I'm at the doctor's as we speak for x-rays and possible shots. Woohoo!
I choose to pick berries in the heat of the day to avoid mosquitoes, but I do have a chair out there to make me more comfy, and there is shade.
Camper had a coupon for McDonald's. Not my first choice or my second but hey beggars can't be choosers. Lol.
Ttfn
camper'sTIG - South Central MN
Decorah follower since Apr 2, 2011
"May Bob now soar with the eagles and dive with the falcons. You've left a living legacy behind on the earth" (barbells126)

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #6573 on: June 30, 2023, 12:16:53 PM »

Boy, is it hot today.  Just walked around the garden looking for eggs and I'[m sweating.  Going to see Indiana Jones in a bit - Cool theater and popcorn  ;D which will be lunch  LOL

WEASEL  You did your research and hit on some great spots.  ;D  Good thing you didn't have to pick the blueberries  :o

TIG  Dang - Hope all is OK with the knees - Were you in line for a replacement?  Right on the "beggars can't be choosers"  ;D   You did good with the chair and shade - .  When picking blueberries for grandma as kids - we had to wear long sleeved shirts and long pants - mid day and we still got bitten but her blueberry pie made it all worth it!  ;D  These were of course wild blueberries.
Chicagoland

LORIDAVIS

• Peace Love Unity & Respect
    • Facebook
« Reply #6574 on: June 30, 2023, 12:37:29 PM »

Enjoy these crispy buttery Italian Cream Stuffed Cannoncini's (Cream Horns).  The Cream Horns are made with puff pastry and filled with velvety and rich custard cream, so you get a crispy  puff pastry shell exploding with rich and sinfully creamy custard.
Lori Davis
AcuraRacerGirl

camperstig

• "Hoo hoo hoo hoo!"
« Reply #6575 on: June 30, 2023, 12:43:57 PM »

bounce!

Doc is sweet... amazed at me. I can have knee surgery any time I want. But hip is stable (even though I brought lumps to his attention, which he says is bursitis on top of the arthritis). He says knock on wood I'm doing well and keep up the good werk in the pool. (Thank goodness I checked my email before I left this a.m. ... pool was closed today due to a wire hanging from the heat exchanger in ceiling.) Sigh. The handsome assistant who gave me the shots was a hoot and I only had to sing for about 10 seconds each time.  8)

I ate a good half cup of black raspberries last night. I froze a cup this a.m. for later. We have a very productive crop this year. The blueberries (service berries) are not as productive.

Off to see "Mr. Jones" later today, possibly followed by a trip to a Mexican restaurant for which Camper has a gift card.

Hot here for the next 5 days.  :'(

Happy Bird Day Peep !!!
camper'sTIG - South Central MN
Decorah follower since Apr 2, 2011
"May Bob now soar with the eagles and dive with the falcons. You've left a living legacy behind on the earth" (barbells126)

LisaG1967

« Reply #6576 on: June 30, 2023, 01:15:24 PM »

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, Peep!!!!!

tig - Are you going to do the knee replacement?  Glad to hear that your hip is stable.  Enjoy the movie and give us some reviews!

Lori - Oh, those Italian Cream Stuffed Cannoncini's looks delicious. I hope Peep shares her birthday goodies. 

tsk - You enjoy the movie, too!

I have an update on the last three kitties.  Angus was adopted this morning, by one of Jeff's friends.  Bradley & Kelly just came and adopted Lizzie.  I hope Stewie and Lizzie will get along!  Here is a pic of Lizzie on her way to her new home.  And, Raven the lil black and final one, is supposed to be getting adopted on Monday by Jeff's cousin Rene'.  She is adopting it for her daughter who lives in TN, and is bringing it to her on Monday.

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
« Reply #6577 on: June 30, 2023, 01:16:39 PM »

For all you folks going to see the latest and last Indiana Jones movie here's some facts
that the movie is base on.

Indiana Jones’ Final Adventure
"The world’s most famous fictional archaeologist embarks on one last rollicking adventure in Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny on June 30. According to the filmmakers, the titular dial is inspired by a very real artifact—the so-called Antikythera Mechanism. Archaeologists believe the instrument, which was recovered from the wreck of a ship that sank off the Greek island of Antikythera around 65 B.C., is an astronomical device whose inscribed bronze gears were used to plot the motion of celestial bodies. You can read more about the device and ARCHAEOLOGY’s coverage of other discoveries from the shipwreck, including a marble statue, various bronze artifacts, and the skeletal remains of a man who may have gone down with the ship."

The Antikythera Mechanism

The Antikythera Mechanism is the earliest bronze geared device ever found. Each of its 30 gears has between 15 and 223 triangular teeth. Turning a knob on the side of the mechanism would have engaged the largest wheel, which rotated once for every year. Other gears governed the sun, moon, planets, and the pointers on two calendrical spirals. A CT X-ray image, right, reveals complex inner workings of the mechanism heretofore hidden beneath its corroded surface, left. (© Antikythera Mechanism Research Project)

https://archive.archaeology.org/0703/abstracts/antikythera.html?utm_source=Archaeological+Institute+of+America&utm_campaign=d8a63f704c-EMAIL_CAMPAIGN_2023_06_26_03_08&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_-d8a63f704c-%5BLIST_EMAIL_ID%5D&mc_cid=d8a63f704c&mc_eid=e09c510466
"Every new day begins with possibilities."
President Ronald Reagan  at  the 1985 Geneva Summit

#IstandwithEvan

kbshcb

« Reply #6578 on: June 30, 2023, 01:27:05 PM »

Lisa - that is such great news!......by Monday all will be in loving homes......

Way to go!

baziunc

• Queen of Decorah - April 10, 2016
« Reply #6579 on: June 30, 2023, 01:48:19 PM »

Puff, I just read about your "adventure".  I am so glad you were able to get the help you need and that you didn't leave the party just yet.  Please take care of yourself.

Hi to all the Beakers. I haven't posted lately, but am trying to keep up with all the the things going on with everyone.

My husband and I went on a 2 week vacation to Maine, Rhode Island and a bit of Massachusetts.  We flew to Boston and headed down to Providence for a few nights.  Lodging was scarce and a bid sketchy due to Taylor Swift being in town, but we made do.  We visited two of the mansions in Newport - The Breakers and The Elms.  I have nothing to say but WOW.  Just amazing.  We spend the next day in Providence and waked the campus of Brown University, visited the Rhode Island School of Design. 

From Providence we went to Salem.  That was a lot of fun.  It's a different story now than what I recall learning in grade school.  After a couple of days in Salem we drove to Rockland Maine.  Yes, that Rockland where the Puffin Project store is located.  It was so good to learn about the man that started the work in re-establishing the Puffin colonies.  The Bob Anderson of Puffins.  Later that afternoon we boarded a 150+ year old schooner, The Stephen Taber, and spent 4 nights sailing around Penobscot Bay.  It was wonderful.  The people, the scenery, the wildlife (a couple of bald eagles and quite a few curious seals, but no puffins) and the food was amazing.  https://www.stephentaber.com/.  It was a great adventure.  One  night we even anchored near the oldest continuously used Osprey next.  It is huge.

After sailing we headed up to Bar Harbor.  Visited Acadia National Park and enjoyed the town during the first week of the tourist season.  On our way back to Boston, we visited a few other cities and towns.  Did a little shopping at the LL Bean outlet store.  It was a great 2 weeks of and we thoroughly enjoyed exploring the northeast coast.

Thank you everyone for your posts.  I really enjoy keeping up with everyones adventures.

Be safe, be calm, be well
Weasel

Weasel, how great to hear from you! What a wonderful vacation you and your husband took!! It all sounds just perfect! I am particularly jealous of your 4-night sailing cruise and getaway aboard the historic schooner, Stephen Taber!! That is calling my name!! I took a deep dive on their web site... my kind of sailing trip, for sure! Glad you had a wonderful time exploring everywhere you visited! Thanks for sharing with us!  :)
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, that is why it is called the present."   ― A.A. Milne

"Hope for the best and accept what comes." ― President Jimmy Carter, on Aug. 20, 2015, during press conference at The Carter Center

baziunc

« Reply #6580 on: June 30, 2023, 02:13:42 PM »

6/30 Good Morning, #CHOWS!
Happy Friday! Keep looking forward and reach for your full potential.
#BeAnIris  :-*
#HellgateOsprey

TGIF Beakers!
Hi Lilbro, Blschue, Lori, Clynn, Tsk, Lisa, Karen, Oldguy, Puff, Eagles, Kb, Tig, Baz, Phyl, Peep, Jaspurr, Pink, Jilltosa, BL, Eburg, Weasel, Ezee, Bggolden, T40, ssrl, Maxie, Nrstooge, Omasawyer, Paulie and All!

Lani!!  :D  Yes!! I love it!  :D  Be an Iris is right!!  IRIS STRONG!!!  :-* :-* :-*

I hope all in the path of the storms yesterday are okay. I saw later in the day, on The Weather Channel, that the storm Karen mentioned in an around Mickey's Springfield, IL area was part of a larger meso scale complex of storms, which officially turned out to be a derecho - it more than met the definition of a derecho - that complex of storms went for hundreds and hundreds of miles, and was so many miles wide, with winds 70-90 miles an hour! Affected many states! (I'm trying to remember now - maybe 7 states?) Yes, your area, too, Phyl! In addition to the downed trees, and damage to homes and property, I saw pictures of many completely flattened corn fields, too. Hate it for the farmers, and all affected. Glad all the Beakers are safe and accounted for, and glad to hear about Ed's family's chickens and bees staying safe through it all, too.
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, that is why it is called the present."   ― A.A. Milne

"Hope for the best and accept what comes." ― President Jimmy Carter, on Aug. 20, 2015, during press conference at The Carter Center

baziunc

« Reply #6581 on: June 30, 2023, 02:46:54 PM »

HAPPY DAY, BEAKERS!  :)

Lisa, WOO HOO!!!! What sweet good news  that is about all of Misty's remaining kittens getting adopted!!  :D   I bet Stewie and Lizzie will become good friends - always an adjustment period, of course, but I'm told "opposite gender" cats usually do really well together. Bonus that you will get to hear updates on most all of them from time to time since all but 1 was adopted by friends, co-workers, or family! Woot!!  :-* :-* :-*  You and Jeff are superstar kitty caretakers!!  :)  Meanwhile, I hope Bandit and Misty are having a good day, and I'm sure you have told Misty that all her kittens are getting lots of love in new homes!!  :D :-*

Lori, yum on those custard filled cream horns!!  :D  When I was a kid, we would walk or ride our bikes a few blocks to a neighborhood
 shopping center with a bakery in it, and I would get either a custard filled or cream filled cream horn about half the time... and would get eclairs the other half of the time. So fresh, and so yum!! LOL!

Tig, glad you got your shots and that you didn't have to sing too long! Hope they don't take long to kick in and that you get some good relief from them for your knees. Bonus getting a sweet doc, and a funny and handsome assistant!!  ;) :D  Ugh on the hip bursitis in addition to the arthritis. I have the same. No fun when those bursa get inflamed!!  :o

Lani, I hear you and Mike singing, "Kansas City" (Here I come!)  ;)  I hear Clynn and Tsk singing it, too!  ;) ;D  Remember that ship that willi used to post a picture of near her coast? The one that the Beakers all wanted to get together and party on? Does it go to Kansas City?  ;) ;D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WpudjdKJujQ - 1959 HITS ARCHIVE: Kansas City - Wilbert Harrison (a #1 record)

Waving to All the Beakers! Take care, All!  :D

BrokenLug

« Reply #6582 on: June 30, 2023, 03:24:34 PM »

I hope all in the path of the storms yesterday are okay. I saw later in the day, on The Weather Channel, that the storm Karen mentioned in an around Mickey's Springfield, IL area was part of a larger meso scale complex of storms, which officially turned out to be a derecho - it more than met the definition of a derecho - that complex of storms went for hundreds and hundreds of miles, and was so many miles wide, with winds 70-90 miles an hour! Affected many states! (I'm trying to remember now - maybe 7 states?) Yes, your area, too, Phyl! In addition to the downed trees, and damage to homes and property, I saw pictures of many completely flattened corn fields, too. Hate it for the farmers, and all affected. Glad all the Beakers are safe and accounted for, and glad to hear about Ed's family's chickens and bees staying safe through it all, too.

Baz here's a link to the radar loop of yesterdays derecho.
It's about 12 hrs of loop @ 20 minute intervals.
"Grab" the time slider at the bottom to get a really good look at that nasty bow.  :o
You can see that Illinois really took it on the chin.  :(
I also see that piece of energy out ahead of it that spanked Phyl's area.
Glad all Beakers are Aok .. OG did you get hit hard as well ?

http://tiny.cc/18l8vz

« Last Edit: June 30, 2023, 03:28:21 PM by BrokenLug »
U. S. A.

baziunc

« Reply #6583 on: June 30, 2023, 04:29:41 PM »

Baz here's a link to the radar loop of yesterdays derecho.
It's about 12 hrs of loop @ 20 minute intervals.
"Grab" the time slider at the bottom to get a really good look at that nasty bow.  :o
You can see that Illinois really took it on the chin.  :(
I also see that piece of energy out ahead of it that spanked Phyl's area.
Glad all Beakers are Aok .. OG did you get hit hard as well ?

http://tiny.cc/18l8vz

Thanks, BL. It was nasty!! I watched that big badass bow as it happened, too!

Here's a link from the National Weather Service with its follow-up:
"Derecho Summary: June 29, 2023" - https://www.weather.gov/dvn/summary_062923

And the Storm Prediction Center's (SPC) Severe Weather Event Review and recap of the Storm Reports from 06/29/2023 (all reports are preliminary):
https://www.spc.noaa.gov/exper/archive/event.php?date=20230629  (There's a list below that map showing city/state events and reports.)

« Last Edit: June 30, 2023, 04:37:13 PM by baziunc »

karengramke

« Reply #6584 on: June 30, 2023, 05:45:50 PM »

Bl and Baz, thanks for the storm info!

Lisa, great news on the kittens!  I am happy Lizzie is staying in the family!  I just hope Bradley and Kelly haven’t bitten off more than they can handle with the new baby and all!  Well at least grandpa and grandma Guy are not far and Mama Misty  would   BE happy to see her shy little girl!  You both did a super job ith ll of this!

Piper, th dog, is very sweet!  She is not house trained!  Every time I think we have made progress she proves me wrong!   Lol

All have a great evening!