Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2023  (Read 470251 times)

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
Re: Beak Room 2023
« Reply #6225 on: June 21, 2023, 06:39:39 AM »

Summer solstice: The science behind the longest day of the year
The summer solstice falls on June 20 or 21 every year in the Northern Hemisphere. Here's why this day is the longest day of the year, with the most hours of daylight.
https://www.livescience.com/planet-earth/summer-solstice-the-science-behind-the-longest-day-of-the-year

"Every new day begins with possibilities."
President Ronald Reagan  at  the 1985 Geneva Summit

#IstandwithEvan

clynndunn

• For the love of Eagles....
« Reply #6226 on: June 21, 2023, 06:57:03 AM »

Good Morning Beakers!

Phyl, sand cranes on the Flyway!  Cute little Summer guy! Did Anthony fledge or is that a great hover? Will read later, Munchkins today!

Lani, fingers crossed for Aly, and for the best place...

E4E, that's wonderful, that Kris complimented you on your assisting skills! How cute would it be you made them 'He Shed' and 'She Shed'! Decorate accordingly!

kb, wow, that moose had to be huge, carrying 3 mooselettes!

Lisa, the kittens are so pretty and lively, love the way they climb all over Jeff and nap on his feet! I don't know which one I would pick, I want them all!

tsk, had to laugh at your 'Tim - you would need to drive to Maryland ". That would be some trip back to Chicago, but what the heck, Tim is also a cat lover!

baz, Swampy Jr, only 18 inches long, how cute!  Do you think there is a Mrs. Swampy out there in the swampy bog?

MARS Wildlife Rescue Centre - ‘Pretty remarkable’: Onlooker spots 63 eagles in a row in Parksville.  https://www.cheknews.ca/pretty-remarkable-onlooker-spots-63-eagles-in-a-row-in-parksville-1157048/

Never lie, steal, cheat, or drink. But if you must lie, lie in the arms of the one you love. If you must steal, steal away from bad company. If you must cheat, cheat death. And if you must drink, drink in the moments that take your breath away. ~ Unknown

Puff

« Reply #6227 on: June 21, 2023, 07:02:59 AM »

So funny - small squirrely right there in N1 - right in the inch of ND2.  OK, what do I do now?  Squirrely finally thought he should skoot away.  About 655 am replay.

P

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #6228 on: June 21, 2023, 07:39:27 AM »

HI EVERYONE

KB  mooses?  LOL    Awww  best friends.

EAGLES  Teamwork   ;) ;)

LANI   Let's hope the timing is perfect.  Does she have a storage unit as a plan B?

CLYNN    Parksville is in British Colombia - had to Google that one - What an amazing sight.
Chicagoland

LisaG1967

« Reply #6229 on: June 21, 2023, 07:54:32 AM »

Good Morning Beakers

tsk & kb - Daisy is so sweet. 

kb - Pretty pic of mama and her triplets.  Ugh, 72 already, bring a water bottle!

E4E - Thanks for your kind words.  Kris should get you a tool belt! 

Lani - Thank you, I think their names fit them.  :D Fingers crossed for Aly!

Phyl - Cute beach figurines.  Thanks for cam pics. 

clynn - I am with you, I can't pick just one...I would want them all, too!  Beautiful pic of the 63 eagles spotted.  "Hoeing ain't easy"  ;D  Have fun with the munchkins today!

Puff - I saw that with the squirrel, and was yelling at screen...move squirrel!

camperstig

• "Hoo hoo hoo hoo!"
« Reply #6230 on: June 21, 2023, 08:19:32 AM »

bounce

KB... aw
Hi all...

This is what our Indigo did to my Mom, Dad, and me when we first met... all on her own. She stopped playing with her brother and jumped into our laps, one at a time with a big hug for each. Love at first sight indeed.
https://twitter.com/SlaterJonathan4

Spa day
TTFN
camper'sTIG - South Central MN
Decorah follower since Apr 2, 2011
"May Bob now soar with the eagles and dive with the falcons. You've left a living legacy behind on the earth" (barbells126)

kbshcb

« Reply #6231 on: June 21, 2023, 08:47:34 AM »

Tig - omg, so sweet...best friends....I had to watch that over and over!

Lisa - I don't leave the house with Ollie without a large thermos of cold water...we communicate well with each other, mostly....Ollie stops in a shaded spot and rubs his neck in the green grass that is available and that's when I offer him water which he always takes...
Wasn't too bad this morning...left around 7am.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2023, 08:49:55 AM by kbshcb »

Puff

« Reply #6232 on: June 21, 2023, 09:16:12 AM »

Good Morning Beakers

tsk & kb - Daisy is so sweet. 

kb - Pretty pic of mama and her triplets.  Ugh, 72 already, bring a water bottle!

E4E - Thanks for your kind words.  Kris should get you a tool belt! 

Lani - Thank you, I think their names fit them.  :D Fingers crossed for Aly!

Phyl - Cute beach figurines.  Thanks for cam pics. 

clynn - I am with you, I can't pick just one...I would want them all, too!  Beautiful pic of the 63 eagles spotted.  "Hoeing ain't easy"  ;D  Have fun with the munchkins today!

Puff - I saw that with the squirrel, and was yelling at screen...move squirrel!

Two more points to think about, Lisa -- It was a young/smaller squuirrely - could be learning a vital/fatal lesson.  Then, too, HD2 never took the clue to learn she is allowed and encouraged to get her own breakfast.  Maybe there will be more advanced learning from Lesson 2.   LOL

P   

karengramke

« Reply #6233 on: June 21, 2023, 09:35:38 AM »

Ah Beakers!  Good Morning on the day we wished for, all winter!   The first day of summer has finally arrived!  Sit back with a tall cold one and enjoy!  No complaining allowed unless there is a devastating killer storm or the like!
Lights on here.  Rain to tge south earlier and bot sure if it is coming here today or not!   Lawn folks have not come so far, will call them in a bit! 

Have pt between 1 and 2 and. Have an appointment to get my hair cut at 3!  New stylist  but have used the shop in the past.  Cry s I called yesterday and was ble to book one or to slots!  Ould hope to have found them  a Little busier!

Lani, I vote for the house with the school for Aly and Dewey!  Busy streets, no fence and snelks bother me!

Clynn, have a fun day!

Lisa, I will take Lizzie although I think Piper would be something fun if I were a little more active!  Drive Daisey toTim on your trip to Decorah!   Lol   A big crate!

Puff

« Reply #6234 on: June 21, 2023, 09:36:37 AM »

Again, I'd like to express such joy at having this group and the forum.  I did change my day around to get some fresh air and accomplish "stuff".  I did return to read through your posts.  All your hugs yesterday are so valued.  Thanks soooo much.

I'm so fortunate to be on the receiving end of your prayers and good wishes:  baz, Phyl, Mardy, Lani, KarenG, LoriD, tig, Lori Davis, LisaG, E4E, tsk, Izzy, Linda, +++++.  Hope I didn't forget too many; I apologize to those. 

Beware of Puff dispensing hugs at ATF.  You are all so wonderful, so loved.

P

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #6235 on: June 21, 2023, 10:30:47 AM »

Bearstudy -
Tasha - UPDATE June 20, 2023

I’m not sure who took this, but it is such professional quality that I had to pass it on. It’s Tasha in her new pen waiting for all the construction to get over so she can explore the big enclosure again. Good job, whoever took it. Thank you.

Our friend Moe who took many videos of Bear Center activities has been gone for two years with back issues. He has returned and here are three 3-minute videos of Sharon with each of the three ambassador bears. Thank you Moe! Good to see you.

Tasha -  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1hthGGRufME

Holly -  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a2j_KufT0jk

Lucky - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=btmCgR4CfKI

Pinata Treats, Paul, The Daily Duckwalk, and More - UPDATE June 16, 2023 (I participated and donated towards pinata treats for all 3  :-* )
https://www.bearstudy.org/updates/daily-updates/4772-pinata-treats-paul-the-daily-duckwalk-and-more-update-june-16-2023.html

Thank you all for all you do.
Lynn Rogers, Biologist, Wildlife Research Institute and North American Bear Center

Tasha and her new den!

Good morning Beakers!
Morning Lilbro, Blschue, Lori, Clynn, Tsk, Lisa, Karen, Oldguy, Puff, Eagles, Kb, Tig, Baz, Phyl, Peep, Jaspurr, Pink, Jilltosa, BL, Eburg, Weasel, Ezee, Bggolden, T40, ssrl, Maxie, Nrstooge, Omasawyer, Paulie and All!
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

LisaG1967

« Reply #6236 on: June 21, 2023, 01:03:02 PM »

tig - Enjoy spa day!

kb - You and Ollie are in sync!

Puff - Yep, that could have been a vital/fatal lesson!

karen
- We have had a light rain here most of the day, and the temps sure have dropped.  I turned off the AC, and opened up all the windows.  It feels nice.  I would love nothing more than to bring/give the kitties to Beakers & people who I know, who will love them just as much as we do.  :)

Lani - Thanks for the bear study.  Wow, nice new den for Tasha. 

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #6237 on: June 21, 2023, 03:22:38 PM »

TIG   How sweet was that!!!

KB   Smart move - you just have to get out there in the early hours..

KAREN   LOLOL  thanks for the reminder on what we all wished for in the throws of winter.. " summer"

LANI   Thanks for all the videos - Had time to watch them all.  Sharon did a good job with each individual bear.
Chicagoland

baziunc

• Queen of Decorah - April 10, 2016
« Reply #6238 on: June 21, 2023, 03:52:49 PM »

Bearstudy -
Tasha - UPDATE June 20, 2023

I’m not sure who took this, but it is such professional quality that I had to pass it on. It’s Tasha in her new pen waiting for all the construction to get over so she can explore the big enclosure again. Good job, whoever took it. Thank you.

Our friend Moe who took many videos of Bear Center activities has been gone for two years with back issues. He has returned and here are three 3-minute videos of Sharon with each of the three ambassador bears. Thank you Moe! Good to see you.

Tasha -  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1hthGGRufME

Holly -  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a2j_KufT0jk

Lucky - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=btmCgR4CfKI

Pinata Treats, Paul, The Daily Duckwalk, and More - UPDATE June 16, 2023 (I participated and donated towards pinata treats for all 3  :-* )
https://www.bearstudy.org/updates/daily-updates/4772-pinata-treats-paul-the-daily-duckwalk-and-more-update-june-16-2023.html

Thank you all for all you do.
Lynn Rogers, Biologist, Wildlife Research Institute and North American Bear Center

Tasha and her new den!

Good morning Beakers!
Morning Lilbro, Blschue, Lori, Clynn, Tsk, Lisa, Karen, Oldguy, Puff, Eagles, Kb, Tig, Baz, Phyl, Peep, Jaspurr, Pink, Jilltosa, BL, Eburg, Weasel, Ezee, Bggolden, T40, ssrl, Maxie, Nrstooge, Omasawyer, Paulie and All!

Lani, Tasha's new den looks great! Definitely 5-star accommodations!!!  :-*  Thanks for posting.  :) :-*
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, that is why it is called the present."   ― A.A. Milne

"Hope for the best and accept what comes." ― President Jimmy Carter, on Aug. 20, 2015, during press conference at The Carter Center

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
« Reply #6239 on: June 21, 2023, 03:59:19 PM »

CLynn  awesome article MARS Wildlife Rescue Centre  in Parksville, BC, Canada. Sixty-three of those magnificent birds at once. A rare treat indeed.
Munchkin Day---eager to read what fun things you and Bella did.  A real physco-delic morning today.  ;D  :)  The tee-shirt LOL, one more letter and  :oLOL

Lisa lovely flowers this AM, tks.  The kitties--- :-* :-* :-*

Puff when I peeked in on N1 and saw the squirrel there I said 'You better ' high-tail" it out of there if you know what's good.

Lani many thanks for Dr. Roger's report; glad Moe is better now . Not sure which video I like best, Tasha, Holly or Lucky---just gotta love 'em all. Sharon does great work wiht the bears.  ;) Nice new 'digs' for Tasha.  ;)

Karen   rain continues from yesterday---though not stormy.  I'd love to have Piper---good exercise.

Tig that's cool, a spa day! I have a pedi next Wednesday.  :)

Prayers  for the lost Titanic submersible,  the Ocean Gate Titan.

"Every new day begins with possibilities."
President Ronald Reagan  at  the 1985 Geneva Summit

#IstandwithEvan