Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2023  (Read 471306 times)

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
Re: Beak Room 2023
« Reply #5985 on: June 13, 2023, 06:38:56 PM »

Finally  we got some rain today thanks to a real nice downpour late afternoon.  0.8" - almost an inch - YAY  Oh OH  another downpour.  Bet we get an inch out of this.

LISA   You have a lot of food for " just a few friends and family"  :o  ( unless the family is huge  LOL)   I'd only make the pasta salad if someone didn't eat meat.  Is Kelly's brother a baker??  If Misty is still nursing by June 23rd do you still have to bring them?

PHYL  I think in answer to my question the movers were to get Aly's stuff  to the storage unit on June 22/23?  Thanks for the blog.  I remember the years I went to Decorah we went around July 4th and the juvies had fledged for at least a week by then if not two.
Chicagoland

kbshcb

« Reply #5986 on: June 13, 2023, 07:25:52 PM »

tsk - lucky you on the rain..we are over 4 inches short so far this season...haven't had any rain since maybe early May?....I will say it again...it's never going to rain here again....none predicted in the next 10 days either..

camperstig

• "Hoo hoo hoo hoo!"
« Reply #5987 on: June 13, 2023, 07:26:24 PM »

Bounce
Camper says thank you everybirdy for the thoughtful Bird Day wishes! He appreciates the creativity.

SED
camper'sTIG - South Central MN
Decorah follower since Apr 2, 2011
"May Bob now soar with the eagles and dive with the falcons. You've left a living legacy behind on the earth" (barbells126)

Eagles4evr1116

• Mom Decorah. Fan since 04/06/2011.
« Reply #5988 on: June 13, 2023, 07:50:26 PM »

Phyl - Thank you for Cam pics & updates!  ;D   Thank you for sharing your family ancestry;  you know a lot of history about your family!
That is always welcoming good news when a medication will be free of charge! ;D

Kb - Good that Andrew is coming to help!

Tsk - I like your birthday post for Camper.

Clynn - Glad that rescue came for the Osprey - sure hope it is not seriously injured.  Thank you for posting!
Happy to know that Honey is eating.  :)

LisaG - I know everything you prepare and take to the Shower will be yummy & delicious!  I am so happy and excited for all of you! ;D

Karen - Wish you could share some of the warmth in your area with us! Actually we have been having cool mornings, but the afternoons have been warming up to about 67, and then it cools off soon.

Lori - Nice post for Camper!

Lani - Like the birthday post for Camper  :)

Tig - Glad to know that Camper liked all his birthday wishes/posts! ;D

Hi Puff!

Hi Baz!

Beakers have a good night  :)

oldguy

« Reply #5989 on: June 13, 2023, 07:54:10 PM »

Irish History:
In my reserach of my family, Mothers side is half orange Irish and half Catholic Irish, I found that a large emigration to N. America occured from 1750 to 1820 because of the English and Scots taking their land.  Only the oldest male could inherit land - limited land available, so younger sons left Ireland in search of land.  Many took positions with the English/Dutch fur trading companies to live in the wilderness and trade with the Indians.  No respectable women would go to live near the Indians.  So many of the traders married daugthers of the Indian Chiefs - this created a bond between the trader and the tribes.  This ensured peaceful trading and the ability to travel without fear.  This covered the time from the French withdrawl after the French/Indian war and the push west by farmers.
My ancestors left Ireland in the 1820s to 1840s.  The Orange Irish came first and moved westard another state or two with each new generation, until my great grandparents settled in SW Wisconsin/NE Iowa in the 1870s.
My Catholic Irish side landed at Montreal, then moved west to west of Toronto, before settling in SW Wis. in the 1860s.
So my ancestors were too late to get involved in the fur trade.

My step children are 1/16th Cherokee - their history is mostly unknown beyond 3 generations, but it is connected with the Eastern Band of the Cherokee.
SE Iowa - Grew up within 40 miles of Decorah

oldguy

« Reply #5990 on: June 13, 2023, 07:57:37 PM »

Happy Birthday Camper

SE Iowa - Grew up within 40 miles of Decorah

karengramke

« Reply #5991 on: June 13, 2023, 08:41:43 PM »

Interesting history Old Guy!  I think the inheritance law might have been the same across Europe!  I know that the oldest son inherited the land in Germany as well.  None of the Irish Catholics :'( in your family drifted south to join the police force in Chicago? Lol that might have been a later migration.
E4e, I would love to share temps with you.  Add our two together and divide by two for some lovely weather
Lisa, I think your as is just mean and too focused on making a buck! . Sorry, but those kitties need to stay with mama until they are weaned and not a day sooner!  They couldalso adopt them with a spay neuter contract!  Their use of an artificial weight is just wrong!  Now, Ifeel better and my ranting doesnt change a thing!

kbshcb

« Reply #5992 on: June 13, 2023, 09:26:54 PM »

by Skee photography....just stunning!

This is our state flower...the lady slipper and taken at the Sax-Zim Bog just northwest of Duluth in Northern MN.

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #5993 on: June 13, 2023, 11:49:35 PM »

Karen, PT is working and that's good news!  :-*

Lisa, sad to hear kittens will be leaving soon. It seems they are so young.

Phyl, thanks for RRP blog

Tsk, YAY rain!  ;D

Kb, you had so much snow this winter. I didn't think you'd hope for rain. LOL! ... stunning photo.

Oldguy, fun cake for Camper... you have an interesting family history.

Good night!

Sweet Eagle Dreams, Baz, Lori, Karen, Puff, Tsk, Oldguy, Lisa, Lilbro, Eagles, Pink, Clynn, Kb, Tig, Blschue, Phyl, BL and Pip, Godiva, Peep, Jaspurr, Ezee, Eburg, Lindy, RubyRed246, ssrl, Firetruck, Weasel, Jilltosa, Maxie, Masswatch, Paulie, DeborahG, MpMom and Pete, laniebelle, OnEagleWings, NWarg, Garmohoff, Nrstooge, WendyC3, Tigeag, T40, Ginger, Cwellsla, Nanimal, Bggolden, Nora, Rewrap4u, Eaglesrock, Teamcarnes, Seabeeinch, Walton, Sparky, Tulsaducati, Omasawyer, izzysamlikeseagles, bustopbird, Neva, Yank, Linda.L, smrf, nhJane.

Thinking of and missing, Peep, Jaspurr, Jilltosa, Wilson, Godiva, MpMom and Pete, Marrymo, Keystone, TxTeacher, Smb, Naimoj, Thyla/Anne, D7Birder, Indy, Neva, Smb, Alice, and those who have not been with us for a while.

Prayers For Tsk friends Jean and Dennis, Jicaji, Tim and Tsk, Eagle's Kris, Lori and her grandma Clute, Puff, Tsk's friend Pam and Hubby, Karen, Maxie and Larry, Camper's daughter, Ed's sis Gina, Tsk's Barb & Tom, Baz great niece and family, Peep's friend's family, Clynn's DIL's mom, Ed's friend Greg, Tsk's friend, Puff's brother, Masswatch hubby Jamey, Pip's Dad, Ezee, EagleFanDave, Tim's Uncle, Paulie's granddaughter Madison, Emy and family, Clynn's mom and Ed,  Lori's grandmother, Tim's son and grandson, WW JW, Keystone, Jilltosa, Eaglesrock cousin Michael, Thyla/Anne, Neva's family, Weasel and family, and All here in need of healing and comforting.

Special Prayers For Tsk, Phyl, Jim and Maggie, Karen, Blschue and family, Eagle's Kris, Lori and family, Phyl's BIL Danny and brother Dan.

Special prayers for All God's creature great and small, For Clynn's Honey, SWFL Harriet, Star, Maggie, Little One and all those like her, Dunrovin Harriet, Hellgate Iris, TRR rescue babies, The Fairy Penguins, Berry Mom,  NEFL Juliet, Romeo and Samson, Lucy and Larry, Salt River wild horses, Alaska Bears and Wolves that they be saved, Decorah, E2/D1, Dr Rogers and Black bears Shadow and family and Wildlife Research Institute, and All God's creatures great and small.
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
« Reply #5994 on: June 14, 2023, 05:56:17 AM »

Good Morning ...

Currently 64F  with a high 84F mostly sunny,  low 63F  clear.

CLynn
how's Honey today? 🙏 's

Tsk so glad you got r-a-i-n !  At this time of year Maggie has resumed sleeping in the 'crow's nest ' of the kitty condo. Well...'Hallelujah!  LOL  I got my chair back  ;D

Lisa
rather sad the kitties leaving this soon---gonna miss them

OG interesting family genealogy.  Fun cake for Camper

KB amazing photo

Lani sweet kitten
"Every new day begins with possibilities."
President Ronald Reagan  at  the 1985 Geneva Summit

#IstandwithEvan

Phyl

« Reply #5995 on: June 14, 2023, 05:57:27 AM »

The Raptor Resource Project

From Amy's blog...

A difficult few days at Great Spirit Bluff
 June 13, 2023  RaptorResource

https://www.raptorresource.org/2023/06/13/a-difficult-few-days-at-great-spirit-bluff/

#IstandwithEvan

Phyl

« Reply #5996 on: June 14, 2023, 05:59:59 AM »

An ol'Miss sunrise...

...from the cam
Jun 14, 2023 5:58 AM

#IstandwithEvan

Phyl

« Reply #5997 on: June 14, 2023, 06:05:57 AM »

Looking in on Two Harbors nest cam we find Anthony asleep

Jun 14, 2023 6:00 AM
Camera Time: Jun 14, 2023 4:00 AM PDT

Jun 13, 2023 10:23 PM
Camera Time: Jun 13, 2023 8:22 PM PDT

Chase and Choyln with offspring Anthony

#IstandwithEvan

Phyl

« Reply #5998 on: June 14, 2023, 06:18:43 AM »

The GSB eyases this morning...including one bashful one lying down against the front of nest box.

Jun 14, 2023 6:10 AM
Camera Time: Jun 14, 2023 6:10 AM CDT

All survuved the night.  :-*

Great Spirit Bluff Falcons - Cliff View
Jun 14, 2023 6:14 AM
Camera Time: Jun 14, 2023 6:14 AM CDT

Jun 13, 2023 8:54 PM
Camera Time: Jun 13, 2023 8:53 PM CDT

And our hero, Newman, whose both mom and dad now that Savanna is gone. RIP  :-*

#IstandwithEvan

clynndunn

• For the love of Eagles....
« Reply #5999 on: June 14, 2023, 07:00:15 AM »

Good Morning Beakers!

I will have the Munchkins tomorrow instead of today!  I have been opening the door to the deck in the morning and leaving it open all day, but it's supposed to get to 88 today and I will have to turn the A/C on so the door will be closed. Will see how the cats take that!

Lani, you post such sweet pictures of critters, the Mama squirrel carrying her baby, and your goodnight picture of the kitten hugging his teddy bear...

kb, gorgeous pic of the Ladies Slipper, and I love the Horsetail on the side!

oldguy, very interesting about your ancestry! I have been working on my Dad's side, we never knew any of his side except his Mother who showed up when I was 30. Her name and his Grandfather's (who raised him) name were all I had.  Finally got something and was able to tentatively go back to Paris, France. My maiden name was LeGrande so I was sure there was French somewhere. I got most information from My Heritage, my cousin did Mom's side via Ancestry. On that side he found he were related to Teddy and Franklin Roosevelt!

karen, yay, you get some more PT! Hope you are able to get rid of the walker eventually! My Mom uses a cane, and she will be 89 this year!

E4E, wow, you are having cooler weather! My sister lives in Corvallis, OR and her weather seems about the same as yours. At least for now!

Lisa, August is not very far away! Sounds like you will have a great shower! Sounds like this is a family shower and not the girly shower. Maybe her girlfriends will have one for her!  Those kitties have to be so much fun right now! I wonder what Bandit is thinking... ;D ;D

tsk, you got a good rain! Yay! Looks like we may get rain Saturday night/Sunday. We are still good from the rain a few days ago, it would be nice if we got some rain every week!

Phyl, oh those GSB babies, out on the edge!  So sad about Savannah... thank goodness they are near fledge! The guys are really stepping up this year!  Anthony with both parents! First time I have seen a pic of all three! Very orange sky on the Flyway1  Interesing bits of your heritage, French and your Native American 'knock kneed' Grandmother! What an interesting story!

That’s So Minnesota - Aldrich Ranney - Red-headed Woodpecker couple

LesleytheBirdNerd - Speckle ( a male Boreal Chickadee ) Looking at the picture I put up of him today on Facebook😄 I wonder what he thinks of it all 🤔 🐦

« Last Edit: June 14, 2023, 07:01:56 AM by clynndunn »
Never lie, steal, cheat, or drink. But if you must lie, lie in the arms of the one you love. If you must steal, steal away from bad company. If you must cheat, cheat death. And if you must drink, drink in the moments that take your breath away. ~ Unknown