Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2023  (Read 471028 times)

LisaG1967

Re: Beak Room 2023
« Reply #5820 on: June 09, 2023, 10:48:28 AM »

:(thanks Lisa!  You nailed it!  I
I thought skinks were black witj a yellow strip!   Will have to check that out!  That skink looks like a baby alligator!  Well a broom and an open door got it back outside!
Ah, just checked and the black one is also
a skink,  Two versions.
Are you sure you cant keep Piper!  She would help Jeff work!

karen - We do have a blackish-blue with yellow stripe skink too.  I wonder if one is male and other is female.  The pic I posted below...that one is always sitting on my back steps sunning itself and scares the you know what out of me when I walk out the back door.   ;D

I would love to keep all the kitties.   :-\

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #5821 on: June 09, 2023, 10:57:30 AM »

Good morning Beakers!
Hi Blschue, Lilbro, Lori, Clynn, Tsk, Lisa, Karen, Oldguy, Puff, Eagles, Kb, Tig, Baz, Phyl, Peep, Jaspurr, Pink, Jilltosa, BL, Eburg, Weasel, Ezee, Bggolden, T40, ssrl, Maxie, Nrstooge, Omasawyer, Paulie and All!

Phyl, nice pics of Anthony. I've checked the system preferences > keyboard, it seems to be at the right setting, then rebooted my computer. I need to keep reading online suggestions.

Clynn, letters are either sticking when I type or repeating itself. I make it worse when I try to use backspace key for corrections.  :-\... sweet WF chicks  :-*  ....sorry about Honey, I hope it isn't serious.  :(... Erin and Sydney look so happy and relaxed, beautiful couple ... yummy fun cake! ... gosh makes me want to go on a cruise. LOL!

Tsk, looking forward to the botanical garden pics, they are always beautiful.

Kb, Karen reminded me of the Towers. Yes, have they been around?

Karen, We have lizards galore here. What I hate the most is finding a lizard tail in the house. Which means one of the cats brought in a lizard, so where's the body?  :-\

Lisa, well Misty was older than kittens are now. I'm still mystified why they would send her to a foster home before getting spayed, but they put a chip in her. I'm sorry I don't like your AC. But, I understand you have no choice but to give up the kittens. Glad they are doing well today.  :-* ... Can you adopt Piper and send her to Karen? ;D

I just took this, it's Iris on the right, she's chatting to her silent suitor! It's been going on like that for 20 minutes. LOL!
He's replying with quiet chirps now. She's accepted him, he just needs to bring home the fish  :-* ... I'm so happy to see Iris not alone.  :-*

07:55, 6/9   Iris brings in another stick....is Stranger going to help...?!   ... and yes he is  :-*
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

kbshcb

« Reply #5822 on: June 09, 2023, 11:11:07 AM »

No, the Towers haven't been around.....one possibility is that they are tending to their children still..and then on vacation....I don't typically see them this time of year.

Looking back at pictures I have of them in both 2021 and 2022 I don't see them till late August...
All through the fall and winter then I see them.

I don't recall seeing them much last winter, but it was historic snow and ice....which of course made me very very busy as well.

I'll see red tails come July this year probably, followed by the Towers in late August...

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
« Reply #5823 on: June 09, 2023, 11:25:25 AM »

{{{CLynn}}}  so sad to read about Honey. Poor baby.  Sure hope the Vet can help.  Pets/kisses from me. Purrs from Maggie.  Tks for photo update on WF osprey nest. Can see those little hatchlings.  :-*
Nice photos of Erin/Sydney. Tks for reminder on World Ocean Day.   Hope all the keyboard issues you/Lani are having are
resolved ---soon.

Tks same here with the potted plants for decoration---more than root bound. I've been using the same wireless keyboard for 10yrs. I think my
probs are the arthritis. Just can't wrap my mind around the hand surgery that lies ahead.   Looking forward to your snaps of the botanical gardens. Been
along time since we visited ours here.

KB It will rain again.  Was gonna ask about The Towers. But,  just read you post above on The Towers. Thanks.

Lisa  our skies are clearer today, too. I don't think we'll see any more 'junk' in the ski other than the the everyday  trapped pollen and smog .
We have a resident family of skinks that live in our crawl space---black w/ yellow strip. About this time of year they make their appearance, keeping the bugs in check.

{{{Lani}}} that is the corniest look on the lamb. LOL  Hope you keyboard/PC  issues resolve soon. Thank you for keeping Dan and Danny on the prayer list. Each is status quo and that's alot to be grateful for giving what's going on. And, last not least, for keeping Jim and I on the list too.   :-*
« Last Edit: June 09, 2023, 11:27:47 AM by Phyl »
"Every new day begins with possibilities."
President Ronald Reagan  at  the 1985 Geneva Summit

#IstandwithEvan

kbshcb

« Reply #5824 on: June 09, 2023, 11:26:19 AM »

It's already too hot to stay outside working.

I did drop some soil on my boulevard that develops patches of no grass.  3 very heavy large bags.

It was after they had to replace my gas line....took them close to 12 hours and now I think they used drilling sand...after a few years it appears sand is coming out of the boulevard....ugg....not great to just throw some seed combo down after they did it and expect to grow my grass back.

Contemplating babying it back to life?..if ever with soil and seed or ripping it all out and planting perennials and mulching...it's about 4 feet wide in front of my arbors and oh 25-30 feet long. Maybe mostly mulch if things aren't growing well, LOL

lilbro would know what they used I imagine...it's just a guess on my part as they drilled way into the night/dark in a November...

clynndunn

• For the love of Eagles....
« Reply #5825 on: June 09, 2023, 12:40:04 PM »

Lani!!!
Hellgate Canyon - Iris (on the right), she seems like she may be accepting this new man! According to FB comments he has even attempted mating and she didn't chase him off!  Wish he would bring her a fish!
Never lie, steal, cheat, or drink. But if you must lie, lie in the arms of the one you love. If you must steal, steal away from bad company. If you must cheat, cheat death. And if you must drink, drink in the moments that take your breath away. ~ Unknown

karengramke

« Reply #5826 on: June 09, 2023, 12:55:32 PM »

I am so hopeful for Iris!  Are we sure he has t brought her a fish?   This could be. Exciting!   Thanks for posring!

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
« Reply #5827 on: June 09, 2023, 01:20:47 PM »

CLynn thanks for the great news from Hellgate FB. Wonderful photo of Iris and 'visitor'---he looks as if to say 'Well? What do you think? You and me.".
Yes! A fish would seal the 'deal'. Gonna be some  'exciting'  times ahead  for us all.
"Every new day begins with possibilities."
President Ronald Reagan  at  the 1985 Geneva Summit

#IstandwithEvan

oldguy

« Reply #5828 on: June 09, 2023, 01:32:16 PM »

Hello Beakers

A nice day again today - now 80 and heading to 82 - partly cloudy and light breeze - low this morning was 50 with dew point of 41.  the next week has highs in the mid 80s but the dew points will stay in the 50s.  Showing possible rain this weekend.

I started using backlighted key boards several years ago - love them - here is what I currently have...
https://www.amazon.com/Rosewill-NEON-K42-Mechanical-Anti-Ghosting/dp/B07WSV7SWT/

The keyboard can have any color or combo of colors for the back light, including white.

Another group of kids sounding great... 8)
Brand New Heartache - Coon Holler Kids   -   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m266nuTsRUM
SE Iowa - Grew up within 40 miles of Decorah

LisaG1967

« Reply #5829 on: June 09, 2023, 02:05:16 PM »

Lani - OMG, your sheep is adorable! I am so happy to see a male in the nest with Iris!  I hope he brings her a food gift.  LOL, where is the lizard body!

Phyl - That is where our resident skinks live too, in my crawl space and under my cement steps.

kb - Stay cool and don't overwork yourself. 

oldguy - What a cool keyboard!

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #5830 on: June 09, 2023, 02:06:00 PM »

one pic
Chicagoland

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #5831 on: June 09, 2023, 02:11:35 PM »

Lost my post and am having a terrible time with pics today.  Will try tomorrow Am wasting too much time  :P

KAREN  How did the lizard get in ?

KB   I was rooting for the team on the right - What a sport...

LANI  Love the smiling lamb/goat?   ;)   Great news from Hellgate  ;D

Beauty of a day at the Garden  Jumbo hot dogs grilled outside for lunch there.
Chicagoland

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #5832 on: June 09, 2023, 02:16:13 PM »

two more
Chicagoland

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #5833 on: June 09, 2023, 03:23:29 PM »

Clynn, yes, I posted the great news too about Iris and her new beau. She has accepted him. I'm so happy she's not alone. She's been spending more time at the nest now, preening and relaxing.  :-*

Karen, everyone has been watching him 24/7 since he arrived May 7th, and he hasn't brought Iris a fish. But, he's been helping with nestoration this past week or more. They feel he's a young osprey who likes seasoned women.  ;D

kb, thanks for your thoughts on the Towers.... good ideas about the patch in front of the arbor.

Lisa, I have no idea where the lizard's body is, only Milo and Norman know, and they're not saying!  :o

Oldguy, interesting keyboard  ;D

Tsk, beautiful flowers and butterfly.... Mike would enjoy a grilled hot dog. I'd love the garden and Mike would be munching on a hot dog.  ;D

Royal Albatross 6/7
Rangers arrived to weigh South Plateau chick, this morning. He is 138 days old, and weighed 9 kg.
The heaviest chick today, weighed 10.3 kg.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1666373585479553024

Also check out Track the chick's weight here;
https://doc.govt.nz/nature/native-animals/birds/birds-a-z/albatrosses/royal-albatross-toroa/royal-cam/track-the-chicks-weight/

6/9 15:32
Wake up SP chick, your Dad is coming. A neighboring chick skycalls for SP chick's Dad.
Before GLY could feed SP chick he needed to go up the bank to check on the other chick, just to make sure she stayed up there :)

https://twitter.com/i/status/1667136975474950144

All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

kbshcb

« Reply #5834 on: June 09, 2023, 03:58:26 PM »

https://bringmethenews.com/minnesota-weather/canadian-firefighters-quote-paints-dark-picture-for-minnesotas-summer?fbclid=IwAR0VikkMJB3F3kiuz_uERMCx1gsVQWSynQTBJdalBtC9cEhD9YFGPGJSx7M
and no, they don't fight their forest fires unless they are protecting humans/structures.

3 weeks ago Minnesota had some of the worst air on the planet....and of course the East Coast for a few days this week....
Looks like we will have smoke in Minnesota for the next 5 months.

I do wonder now if the fires are affecting our weather in MN........no rain in sight other than a slim chance tomorrow for the next 10 days...

Anyone know?