Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2023  (Read 470387 times)

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
Re: Beak Room 2023
« Reply #5430 on: May 28, 2023, 06:18:29 AM »

Two Harbors Bald Eagle Cam
May 27, 2023 8:14 PM
Camera Time: May 27, 2023 6:13 PM PDT

Mother and Son  :-*

"Every new day begins with possibilities."
President Ronald Reagan  at  the 1985 Geneva Summit

#IstandwithEvan

Phyl

« Reply #5431 on: May 28, 2023, 06:19:36 AM »

May 27, 2023 9:56 PM
Camera Time: May 27, 2023 7:55 PM PDT

Bandit wingercizing

#IstandwithEvan

Phyl

« Reply #5432 on: May 28, 2023, 06:51:52 AM »

#IstandwithEvan

Phyl

« Reply #5433 on: May 28, 2023, 06:52:26 AM »

Made a quick peek in on DH2...

May 28, 2023 6:25 AM
Camera Time: May 28, 2023 6:24 AM CDT

#IstandwithEvan

Phyl

« Reply #5434 on: May 28, 2023, 06:53:06 AM »

Mississippi River Flyway this mornoing.
May 28, 2023 6:19 AMT

#IstandwithEvan

LisaG1967

« Reply #5435 on: May 28, 2023, 07:31:07 AM »

Good Morning Beakers.....Happy Sunday!

tig - Nice spotting on the BE's while driving.  Glad to hear that you got to the lake safely.   

T40 - Thanks for all the videos yesterday.   :)

Lori - Thanks for all the pics, gifs and updates on the banding at GSB!

tsk - I hope the other kitties will follow by Piper's example.   :) 

((kb)) - Sorry I missed it, but Happy Belated Heavenly Birthday to Scott!  Wow, the 60 year old Rhododendron in CT, beautiful!!!

karen - Thanks  :)

baz - Waving to ya!

E4E - LOL, Jeff had one or two of his rum & coke's while grilling.  ;D  All is going good with kitties.  We have one that eats out of the bowl (Piper), two others are trying....the other 4 says...yuck, what is this you are trying to feed us!  The ones that are eating are using the litter box.

Phyl - Love your Happy Sunday morning greeting.  Thanks for the cam pics.

kbshcb

« Reply #5436 on: May 28, 2023, 07:35:18 AM »

Good morning all...

I'm sure Scott is thanking you all for remembering him....btw, he loved eagles and raptors as much as we all do...

Lisa - am hoping/thinking you will be adding more numbers to your list of kitties eating as the days go forward...hopefully, more than one at a time!.... ;) ;)

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #5437 on: May 28, 2023, 07:50:24 AM »

GOOD MORNING EVERYONE

57  heading to 77  sunny.  :)

TIG  19 steps ten times!!  Yikes.  Enjoy the weekend and catch lots of fish - Is the pontoon boat something new??

KAREN   Started my own exercise yesterday.  Will get the walking program going today.   I didn't know they made " sun" impatiens  :o

LANI  Soft plush "grey rug" with 2 heads  LOL     Aly leaves tomorrow ?

LISA  Ones that are eating know the drill with the litter box.  :-*
Chicagoland

clynndunn

• For the love of Eagles....
« Reply #5438 on: May 28, 2023, 08:01:04 AM »

Good Morning Beakers!

High 83 today, 84 tomorrow and then 7 days of 89/90. Then back to low 80s/hi 70s.  :o :o

tsk, glad to hear you are supplementing your PT, somehow I knew you would... you are having today the most beautiful day we had yesterday! I looked up sun impatiens, actually SunPatients. I have never seen any around here, maybe they are a Southern flower?:  https://www.southernliving.com/garden/sun/sunpatiens-flowers

Phyl, another beautiful sunrise on the Flyway! Enjoyed the banding at Two Harbors, was hoping they didn't fall into that cactus! Just a few little white tufts on the eaglet's head! Great pic of DH2 and DM, both looking great!  You know, I didn't even think to take any pictures since his birthday isn't for another week. We will see them again before then, Sydney's sister Skylar is getting married Friday and they leave for Florida on Saturday. They are driving to Orlando, then will go to the Cruise ship.

Lani, love those cuddly gray kitties, I had a solid gray boy long ago, his name was Stanley! That made me think of the black cat I named Alfie, who became Alfina when she had 7 kittens...  ;D I think Stanley was one of her kittens!

kb, I missed Scott's birthday in heaven yesterday, I hope you two had a good visit...  Love that Rhodie bush, the color is gorgeous! I took this picture of a big one that I took in Astoria OR when I visited willie! It's pretty, but the darker purple is even prettier!

Lori, thank you for the GSB banding video, I can just hear those babies screaming, love Savannah checking them all over when she returned. I am going to find it on youtube so I can listen!  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H7XB12GL0vA Hope you are feeling good these days, love it when you visit the Beak! https://i.pinimg.com/564x/bb/99/8f/bb998f08721e0c25235cc07c4bac6a2c.jpg

karen, dang on the red wave petunias! Did you get red Impatiens?

Lisa, I had a rum & coke while Ed was grilling yesterday evening, maybe Jeff and I had them at the same time! Has Jeff taken any videos of the kittens? Oh, I bet they are so cute! And how are you feeling? Back to normal I hope!  Thank you for the kind words about Erin, Ed and I are very proud of the man he has become!

Sydney's youngest sister just graduated from HS, this is from her Graduation party:

Never lie, steal, cheat, or drink. But if you must lie, lie in the arms of the one you love. If you must steal, steal away from bad company. If you must cheat, cheat death. And if you must drink, drink in the moments that take your breath away. ~ Unknown

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #5439 on: May 28, 2023, 09:40:46 AM »

Bearstudy update - Forest Fire Near Bear Center, and a Mystery Solved - UPDATE May 27, 2023

https://www.bearstudy.org/updates/daily-updates/4762-forest-fire-near-bear-center-and-a-mystery-solved-update-may-27-2023.html

Holly watching the action

Steele

Firetruck at NABC

Happy Sunday Beakers!
Morning Blschue, Lilbro, Lori, Clynn, Tsk, Lisa, Karen, Oldguy, Puff, Eagles, Kb, Tig, Baz, Phyl, Peep, Jaspurr, Pink, Jilltosa, BL, Eburg, Weasel, Ezee, Bggolden, T40, ssrl, Maxie, and All!
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

karengramke

« Reply #5440 on: May 28, 2023, 10:41:15 AM »

Good Morning?  66 now going to 82 late this afternoon!  Nice weather but gradually getting warmer!
Clynn, red in the hanging basket.  Did get the attention of the one hummer who then got some food!
Poor mama finch does all the incubating!  Saw a medium sized black and white bird land in the backyard yesterday at about dusk.  New to me but perhaps a variety of Woodpecker.  Will have to research this.  Too cold on the porch this am!
Tsk, you are an inspiration,  good luck on your walking!
Lisa, do not worry about the kitties not eating food!   MamaMisty will take care of it and they will want to eat.  Takes time!
I had a rhody in my forested, hilly backyard in Asheville , nc.  Actually there were several. All bright red and breath taking!
Clynn, hope you can rest today!
Lani, when does
Thanks for all the morning posts and round ups!  Phyll, the banding at two harbors was spectacular!

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #5441 on: May 28, 2023, 11:26:12 AM »

CLYNN   Beautiful finch feeders.  Thanks - I know there are coleus that do well in the sun.  I would need to check at my nursery.  They may even have them.  Just read the "hardiness zone" is 10-12 - so not for us.  Big adventure coming up for Erin and family.   Your rhody was huge as well from Ore.   Thanks for the youtube vid - Boy, they are a handful to grab and a noisy bunch  LOL  Cute pic of the kids at the graduation party.  Bella's party dress  ;)   " Newly hatched electrician"  LOLOL

LANI   Great bear update - Close call on the fire but all OK.   Seeing that lineage always amazes me.
Chicagoland

LisaG1967

« Reply #5442 on: May 28, 2023, 11:36:34 AM »

clynn - Pretty Happy Sunday pic.  Wow, hot temps already!  I bet you and Jeff were having your rum & cokes at the same time.... ;D  Jeff took a lil video earlier this morning of the kitties, not sure if he posted it on Facebook to post here.  Cute pic of Bella & Talon at the graduation party. 

tsk - Pretty Sunday greeting!  Yep, those who eat, know the drill for litter box (fingers crossed)!

kb - I am hoping the same. 

Lani - Thanks for the bear study update...close call with the fire.

karen - I am a worry wart...LOL, but I know Mama Misty will keep them fed.  :)

LisaG1967

« Reply #5443 on: May 28, 2023, 11:38:03 AM »

Finally found my Vinca's at Home Depot!  We are all ready for Memorial Day. 

kbshcb

« Reply #5444 on: May 28, 2023, 11:38:52 AM »

Lani - wow, I know the whole state of MN is under a red flag fire warning and knew there was a fire somewhere up north, but had no idea how close it was to the Bear Center....it seems to me it would have been a monumental task to round up the bears and move them....So glad they got it under control.

No rain, low humidity, and winds have put us once again into a precarious situation...we've had brush fires in and around the twin cities already.

I worry a little about early fireworks and campfires etc....

Laid another 7 bags of mulch out front, just 3 more to go...for 22 in front....think that will be it for this summer...

Too much other things to do in back....

We need some rain here....prayers appreciated! ;)