Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2023  (Read 470555 times)

oldguy

Re: Beak Room 2023
« Reply #5370 on: May 26, 2023, 04:00:22 PM »

Happy belated Birthday SSRL

« Last Edit: May 26, 2023, 04:23:12 PM by oldguy »
SE Iowa - Grew up within 40 miles of Decorah

kbshcb

« Reply #5371 on: May 26, 2023, 04:43:15 PM »

Yes we did share a bottle....ssrl.

Oldguy - thanks for that Prince break-down of "When doves cry." I do love reading/hearing from others about the meanings/context for musical icons' songs..the lack of bass on it was very interesting.

Interestingly, when I first moved back home to MN I worked out of a clinic in Wayzata, MN as a Chiropractor. The Saturday secretary in that clinic worked the rest of the week in Prince's studio...so of course I heard lots of stories, ie. who was coming to his studio etc...this was in 1990...

Later in my own clinic I had a patient who was a life long friend of his mother, Mattie..My patient wanted me to treat Prince..Unfortunately, if I recall Mattie died around that time and I never heard back.

The rest is history as they say...

I recognize his genius, and love his songs...but I still prefer the musicians from the 50's,60's and 70's...too many to mention...

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #5372 on: May 26, 2023, 04:52:14 PM »

kb - Take it easy!

clynn - Love the pic of Rocky & Murphy.

tsk - Sounds like a neat play that your great niece was in last night. 

tig - You sounds have a busy day planned.

Puff - I need to find a Portillo's on my way to Decorah.  I hear you all talking about it, and looked at menu....looks good.

Lani - Thank you....I am feeling so much better!  I can't wait to see the pics of all your flowers, sounds so pretty. 

Piper helping Jeff telework today.

Oh Piper is a keeper for sure! Reminds me of my tabby Weezil!  ;D :-*
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

kbshcb

« Reply #5373 on: May 26, 2023, 04:58:59 PM »

Lisa - i forgot and am too tired to scroll back....Were the kitties chipped?..I know they were vaccinated..

kbshcb

« Reply #5374 on: May 26, 2023, 05:35:30 PM »

Sweet dreams all.

kbshcb

« Reply #5375 on: May 26, 2023, 05:40:51 PM »

and just now...and just in time:

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #5376 on: May 26, 2023, 06:19:24 PM »

PUFF   wonderful memory  ;D

OLDGUY   I don't think I could care for Claire's cats while she is away..I can't keep them straight  LOL   Jethros menu looks great - Love the sliders

KB   How cool was that to know someone who worked in Prince's studio.  I bet you did hear the stories.  Your flag just reminded me to do that now - Get the flag out.
Chicagoland

LisaG1967

« Reply #5377 on: May 26, 2023, 06:32:27 PM »

kb - Glad that you the hilly back cut, and that you are icing your leg/hip.  Kitties will be chipped, and fixed when we bring them back for them to be adopted.  They only got a distemper shot yesterday. 

baz - Thanks...Piper is the one that has excelled the most out of all the kitties. 

E4E - Thanks!  :)

tsk - Thanks  :)  Oh wow, not till June to start PT. 

oldguy - Thanks for the videos!

Lani - Aww, what a cute name....Weezil!

Where is karen?  I hope all is OK with her.  I remember her saying she had PT yesterday or the day before.

Have a good night, everyone!

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
« Reply #5378 on: May 26, 2023, 08:05:01 PM »

CLynn  tks for osprey , SWFL and Murphyupdates; Murphy is my guy.  :-*  You/Ed enjoy your enclosed deck  ;)

KB
sleepy yoga kitty awwww. Tks for St. Paul. K9's grad vid; nice G. Sheps

Tig good news on your arm. Hopefully there's no wasp.

ssrl  :)

"Every new day begins with possibilities."
President Ronald Reagan  at  the 1985 Geneva Summit

#IstandwithEvan

Phyl

« Reply #5379 on: May 26, 2023, 08:06:25 PM »

Lisa Piper wants to live with me  ;D  She's so adorable-reminds me of Maggie at that age.

Bazi nice BBs;  Yes.I think all chicks are all mouth in the begining

Tsk too bad about the late PT start

OG sweet red tabby kitten; Q -Kids as always; will watch links later, tks

Lisa AC will get all that accomplished when they're 'under' for the snipping.

#IstandwithEvan

Phyl

« Reply #5380 on: May 26, 2023, 08:12:23 PM »

Jim got the 'tops of ours and Sadia's mowed and edged. I guess tomorrow he'll finish with the hilly back.
And,  prob next week after work he'll trudge down the hill to our willow and trim up the shrubs and stray branch off
 the redbud tree and clear out the under growth around it.
Did a rewrite of Chapts 6 and 11. Still not happy so will wait a few days and work on it again.
Take out  for dinnner.

Wishing everyone a 'Good  Evening' and SEDs .     

#IstandwithEvan

karengramke

« Reply #5381 on: May 26, 2023, 08:25:14 PM »

Lisa, I am here and okay!    That kittle Piper is just a precocious doll!  Love her emerging personality! A very curious kitty!
I thinkMisty will take care of getting the babied to eat by refusing to let them nurse!   Liter box, Idnk!
Pt is going very well and it is quite different than at the home!  Focus is on balancr and muscle strengthening!
Tsk, I thought you would do your own pt!  June is just a few days away!
Baz does throw together some delicious gourmet sounding dished!
Lisa, many acs give unneutered kittens  to adopters conditional on family having them to be neutered or returning them for same.  They are too young for that!
Thanks for the message from swfl. Clynn!

Hh worker had me going today!  She is a real worker, insider and out so I thank all for wonderful conversations  and Lani. I do look forward to pictured
S of your plants!  Clynn and Tsk as well,  see you on Caturday

baziunc

• Queen of Decorah - April 10, 2016
« Reply #5382 on: May 26, 2023, 09:09:40 PM »

Karen, great report on all your doings - your new PT sounds excellent, and a good and busy day with your HH person. You've come a long way! Yay!! Way to go!!  :)

Lisa, Piper is so cute - and sounds like she(?) is ahead of the pack. Is Bandit "okay" with Piper going to work with Jeff? I know Bandit likes to keep Jeff company at his work-at-home office.  I know your place is really hopping.  :D

TSK, shoot on having to wait a month for your fav PT. At least you know how to take advantage of that time waiting for her. What a fun "take" on the two plays for the 4th Graders. Did your great niece have fun being in it? Was that her first acting performance for an audience?  Does her older sister have any summer theatre plans in the works?

Phyl, I love that "all mouth" baby bird stage. Such tiny bodies holding up those gaping mouths.  :D

OG, I hope your working weekend goes quickly, and you get some relaxing downtime mixed in.

Lani and SSRL, I find some great wine selections and prices at Trader Joe's, too, and I think they have some of the better prices for their selection of specialty cheeses, too... waaay better prices for the quality than at my regular grocery store's cheese shop.

E4E, I hope you have good weather for your family BBQ this weekend.  :)

Sending good night wishes to All the Beakers. Peace. SED.

"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, that is why it is called the present."   ― A.A. Milne

"Hope for the best and accept what comes." ― President Jimmy Carter, on Aug. 20, 2015, during press conference at The Carter Center

karengramke

« Reply #5383 on: May 26, 2023, 09:49:09 PM »

Meant to report that my little hoise finch has been nesting on her nest with roof and  two sides for several days!   My guess she laid some eggs while I wasnt looking!  In this bird family the femake does. Ost of tge work!  True of many couples!  Kik,  of coursetgere are mantpy exceptions here! /og, bl, jim, kris. Ed, mike, jeff, camper).

Ospreys both adults and babies are some beautiful birds!

BrokenLug

« Reply #5384 on: May 26, 2023, 10:36:25 PM »

We skedaddled out of the OBX back to the hacienda.

The sea was angry that day my friend ..

We're not big fans of idiot travel on interstates on holiday extended weekends anyway.

- optimal frigging human existing weather -
               is write here right now _ ours is not yours.

With cheeks like chipmunks we settle whit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FmWrJSBgyQk
« Last Edit: May 26, 2023, 11:11:50 PM by BrokenLug »
U. S. A.