Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2023  (Read 471091 times)

LisaG1967

Re: Beak Room 2023
« Reply #4440 on: May 02, 2023, 08:47:32 AM »

Good Morning Beakers

karen & kb - Thanks for the kind words on the pic.  I thought it was another sweet one.

tsk - Yes, Giordano's!!  I saw an advertisement for them, and I thought that might be the name.  Mmmm, that pizza was so good!  Thanks for kind words on pic, and no names yet.  We just say, the black ones, the tabby ones, and the black and white ones.  Very original, huh?  ;D ;D

Phyl - Cute morning pic.  I have to turn them over at 8 weeks old.  That will be around Father's Day weekend.  Misty has already started not being by the 24/7 like she was then they were first born.  She will either lay on the floor by them, or sometimes even go in the living room by Bandit.  She does this at night only.  I think that is why I can't sleep, cause she is moving around so much.

kb - I would not want to jacuzzi with peepers either...LOL

oldguy - So sad about Gordon Lightfoot.

Lani - I am a pea lover too, Jeff hates them ,but loves split pea soup!  Weirdo!

clynn - Sounds like you and Dianna had a very busy day.  Still a good friend to Kay, you are!  :-*

karengramke

« Reply #4441 on: May 02, 2023, 08:58:51 AM »

Good morning!  Phyl, good nest and fly way pictures but the best is the little squirrel in the jar of food!  Lolol! Have been busy this am dealing with the hospital about a bill for lab work that belongs to the home!  I may just have found a man who might have understood what i was saying.  This has been harassment 101!
I get hh worker number 2 today!  Going to go for lab work!   Tomorrow to the cardiologist!  My social life is sure full with all these wonderful folks!
Lani, you are a sweetheart!  Tsk, also have a rubber shower mat !
Wish I had a sister but instead .i have Mickey and some old friends!   We used to do trips and did laugh a lot!
Clynn, sorry about your sisters husband!  Not good!
Rip Gorden!

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #4442 on: May 02, 2023, 10:16:05 AM »

Taxidermy birds are being turned into drones

By Jennifer Nalewicki published 1 day ago
Scientists are turning dead birds into drones to study aerodynamics.

https://www.livescience.com/animals/birds/taxidermy-birds-are-being-turned-into-drones?utm_term=C190B63E-87C3-4395-B655-61057A13DDD2&utm_campaign=368B3745-DDE0-4A69-A2E8-62503D85375D&utm_medium=email&utm

Phyl, I can't read this  :'( , thank you for making us aware...
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #4443 on: May 02, 2023, 10:18:51 AM »

CLYNN   LOL  Love the saying about peaches  Sounds like you and Diana accomplished a lot.  Maybe you will come across a list of her passwords. That is the biggest problem with computers.  Oh no.  How sad to hear what Cathy is going through with hubby.  Puts my stomach in my throat to read that.  :'(    Great turtle release footage  ;D  Iris showing who's boss.  ;)

KB   Awww  puppy/kitty - no difference if it needs love.  :)
Chicagoland

Lani

« Reply #4444 on: May 02, 2023, 11:08:40 AM »

I took this on a Sunday. 4-30-23, I just set the jar out on the deck and went toget my shoes on.;Came back and this is who couldn't wait.
Last year's teenager:

And, yes I need to fill my pots. I'm working on them.  ;D

OMG! just adorable  ;D
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

Lani

« Reply #4445 on: May 02, 2023, 11:28:41 AM »

Good morning Beakers!
Morning Blschue, Lilbro, Lori, Clynn, Tsk, Lisa, Karen, Oldguy, Puff, Eagles, Kb, Tig, Baz, Phyl, Peep, Jaspurr, Pink, Jilltosa, BL, Eburg, Weasel, Ezee, Bggolden, T40, ssrl, Maxie, and All!

Lisa, you can't love split pea soup and not like peas! LOL! I love Campbell's hearty Split Pea and Ham soup. That is weird! LOL! ... I can't believe you have to give up the kittens at 8 weeks  :-\  Do you have a list of people that want the kittens? Do you think AC will accept it? Will Misty be yours after you give up kittens? Sorry for the questions, I'm sad at the thought of those little ones having to leave mom, though I know you, Jeff and Bandit will be able to get back to your normal routine and sleep.  ;D :-*

Kb, I saw that puppy/cat video the other day and was amazed, it's a special bond.

Clynn, I'm so sorry to hear about {{{Cathy hubby's decline }}}  :'(  my biggest fear, sending prayers for her, I'll add them to our prayer list   ... yes, my family is doing well. Do you think Kay's password could be her cat's name or an item she speaks of often. At my age, my passwords are simple, I know they shouldn't be, but my memory escapes me at times. Also, could she have written it down somewhere, a sheet of passwords placed in desk or someplace near her chair? I'm sure you've been through everything, but just a thought... lots of female intruders have been visiting Iris's nest lately. Where are all the single males?!  :-\

Phyl, stunning sunrise .... sweet DH2...

Tsk, Little Grace is doing very well! And so is her mom, dad and family ;D

karengramke

« Reply #4446 on: May 02, 2023, 11:43:17 AM »

This person is mopping the kitchen floor!  Fixed my lunch

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #4447 on: May 02, 2023, 12:19:41 PM »

KAREN   Great news...
Chicagoland

LisaG1967

« Reply #4448 on: May 02, 2023, 12:54:43 PM »

One of the few eye openers   :D

karengramke

« Reply #4449 on: May 02, 2023, 01:05:02 PM »

How swet is this?  Send it south and i will look for a place for a liter box!
« Last Edit: May 02, 2023, 05:05:39 PM by karengramke »

LisaG1967

« Reply #4450 on: May 02, 2023, 01:39:43 PM »

Lani - I tell that to Jeff all the time...how can you love split pea soup and not like peas!  That is like someone who don't eat ketchup, but likes tomatoes!   ;D  Yea, at 8 weeks old they go to Animal Control.  I will be sad.  I do have people that keep saying, oh they are cute, I want one.  But, I as part of the foster to adopt, I have to give them to Animal Control for them, so they can adopt them out.

karen - Hope you got that bill straightened out.  Do you get a different HH worker every day?

clynndunn

• For the love of Eagles....
« Reply #4451 on: May 02, 2023, 02:45:44 PM »

Lisa, another week and those kittens will be entertaining you and Jeff!  Everything I have ever heard says 10-12 weeks for kittens to stay with their Mom. I asked Google, here is what I found: How long should a kitten stay with its mother? The absolute minimum is 8 weeks but ideally a kitten should stay with its mom until he's at least 12 weeks. Kittens need much more from their moms than just milk, contrary to popular belief, so the longer the kitten stays with mom the better. Maybe you could talk them into a couple more weeks? Don't you love how much advice you get in this forum... ::) ::)

karen, sounds like you got a good home helper, I would think one would want to stay at least a little busy or the time would go so slow.... Mom's helper even fills the bird feeders for her!

kb, aww, the puppy with the cat mom and siblings...so sweet!

Lani, beautiful cactus picture! We have tried all of the combinations of numbers on Kay's phone (the password is a 4 digit PIN). We still have some papers to look through, maybe we will be lucky and find a list of passwords!  Sarah (Kelsey's aide) said that Kelsey said to her at work yesterday 'Kay didn't tell me she went to heaven'.

tsk, yes, I am worried about Cathy and Steve. Getting old is scary...

A Fern Peony!

Never lie, steal, cheat, or drink. But if you must lie, lie in the arms of the one you love. If you must steal, steal away from bad company. If you must cheat, cheat death. And if you must drink, drink in the moments that take your breath away. ~ Unknown

camperstig

• "Hoo hoo hoo hoo!"
« Reply #4452 on: May 02, 2023, 03:15:59 PM »

some bounce
First mow of the season complete. 59 degrees and a stiff 20 mph from the north. My perfect kind of day... for mowing, or for flying a kite or sailing, like I used to do.
TTFN
camper'sTIG - South Central MN
Decorah follower since Apr 2, 2011
"May Bob now soar with the eagles and dive with the falcons. You've left a living legacy behind on the earth" (barbells126)

baziunc

• Queen of Decorah - April 10, 2016
« Reply #4453 on: May 02, 2023, 03:39:02 PM »

Good Morning Beakers!
Hellgate Osprey Cam - Kitty Carlyle -  Iris after the intruder who is apparently on the cam stand. 04-30-2023

AWESOME!! :-*  Iris is awesome!!  :-* :-* Excellent photo catch on that wingspread action!!

Clynn, you did a lot at Kay's place. Yep, the sister sillies happen. Age is not a factor.  ;) :D

Karen, you're doing great!  Keep up the rehab and other recommendations! All the HH workers I know of, in several different states, do light housekeeping as a regular part of their expected duties, such as exactly what Clynn mentioned in her post. Have you been told by the HH office/manager, that their HH aides don't do light housework? I don't know when my sister will be back in my town. She came with a friend who was coming to visit her family, and my sister rode along to keep her company on the drive, so we got to catch up with each other, and she also visited her old college roommate, who lives here, too. I'm hoping to visit her in her home in the not-too-distant future, but no date has been set yet. She is very busy with activities for a friend's wedding coming up soon, and also traveling to her daughter's and son-in-law's home to help with my Littlest Greatniece and her Baby Bro, and all of them will be taking a quick trip together during that time, too. Maybe she and I can find some time in June to get together again.

Lani, my mother put peas in a la King, in the puff pastry, too. She made tuna a la King in puff pastry, often... same as the chicken version, if I recall.

Lisa, that is the sweetest picture of Misty with oe of her tabby kittens.  :-* Yay, the weights are all going up, up!  :)

TSK, I guess the arm soreness is expected after doing that kind of activity for the first time in a long time. Hope you're feeling like you are starting to get back closer to your normal.

Oldguy, I saw that about Gordon Lightfoot. RIP. His albums were in regular rotation on my sister's turntable back in the day. Loved his music and his voice and style.

Gotta run...

Waving to All the Bealers!  :)
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, that is why it is called the present."   ― A.A. Milne

"Hope for the best and accept what comes." ― President Jimmy Carter, on Aug. 20, 2015, during press conference at The Carter Center

baziunc

• Queen of Decorah - April 10, 2016
« Reply #4454 on: May 02, 2023, 03:45:29 PM »

One of the few eye openers   :D

Lisa, sooo sweeeeet!!!  :-* Great picture!  :)
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, that is why it is called the present."   ― A.A. Milne

"Hope for the best and accept what comes." ― President Jimmy Carter, on Aug. 20, 2015, during press conference at The Carter Center