Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2023  (Read 470276 times)

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
Re: Beak Room 2023
« Reply #4410 on: May 01, 2023, 11:10:09 AM »

All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

oldguy

« Reply #4411 on: May 01, 2023, 12:12:18 PM »

Hello Beakers

Many celebrations on this day...
https://nationaldaycalendar.com/may/#may-1

It was a cold/somewhat wet and windy weekend here.  Temps in the 50s over the weekend - winds 20 to 35 mph for most of the weekend with lots of cloud cover, but no official rain.  Though some areas experienced short rainfall that covered very small area, that did not amount to much.  Sat. was very busy at the store and Sunday was slightly less busy.
Expecting a high of 60 today, but winds are continuing at 20-30mph so far today.  Low temp this morning was 41, two more nights in the upper 30s for lows before temps head back to near or above 70 for the rest of the week.

Cards were good Sat. night - won the first 2 games in 2 hand each with lopsided scores - 3rd game start with the first hand good for us and then had 2 poor hands to lose the last game.  ::)

The saving factor for the Mississippi is that none of the rivers below Minn. are above normal at this time, allowing the over abundant snow in Minn. to flow down stream without record flooding to occur.  Peak levels have been hit as far south as the Quad Cities (Davenport).  Most of the river towns have not experience major damage as the flood walls installed over the past 40 years have contained the river.
The locks will start reopening soon from St. Paul on down as the levels get down low enough.  This seasons barge traffic should have good water levels as opposed to last summers lack of water.

Here is a map of Minn. that shows where the water flows to...
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_rivers_of_Minnesota#/media/File:Map_of_watersheds_and_basins_in_Minnesota.svg

Roadrunner chick - 30.4.23   -   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_PBw18ymlYI

Maru&Miri shakes on the washing machine 2   -   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_G84vGEerSA
Fishbowl and New breed of cats   -   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d-px0hUJe68
SE Iowa - Grew up within 40 miles of Decorah

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #4412 on: May 01, 2023, 01:48:20 PM »

KAREN   So what are the hours for the home health aide?  I bet your place looks gorgeous.  Hope you can sit outside and enjoy.

LANI   Cute gif this AM  :)  May Day is Lei Day - I like that idea.  They are SO fragrant.  Very interesting piece on antibiotics and sloths.  " if you look at their fur you can see it moving"   :o :o :o         You go E21!!!

OLDGUY   Our average temp for this day is 65 .  It is 40 right now.  :P :P    2 of 3 wins - not bad  ;) ;)   Maru being vacuumed - Now wouldn't that be a great way to manage cat hair..   Clever idea filming the cats through the water filled bowl  :)
Chicagoland

kbshcb

« Reply #4413 on: May 01, 2023, 02:43:24 PM »

I has a sad :( :(

Just this afternoon I got up to my top tier garden in back:
Though I rabbit fenced my ivy, towards the end of our awful winter I did see they chewed through the plastic fencing...Never did it before for decades.

They cut down 25 feet of ivy to the ground and chomped on 3 of my climbing roses...

Goes to show: Terribly hard winters are not just tough as in snow removal and misery, but the critters do a lot of damage as well...I'll need to buy chicken wire fencing for next year.
We have an epidemic of rabbits, not just an ordinary amount.

I have so much damage, not just to perennials but also to hardscapes..as I said my shed has holes in it, and much much more.
As you also know my row of arbors are wrecked  too.

guess I know what I'll be doing this summer.....repair mostly....
Let's pray for an easy winter for Minnesotans next year....We deserve it.

This will not look like this this summer...it's a privacy fence from a "peeper" neighbor so it's functional as well....looks down to my jacuzzi.

baziunc

• Queen of Decorah - April 10, 2016
« Reply #4414 on: May 01, 2023, 02:52:39 PM »

HAPPY DAY, BEAKERS!  :)

;)  :D  Just for a laugh...

I'm easily amused.  ;D

"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, that is why it is called the present."   ― A.A. Milne

"Hope for the best and accept what comes." ― President Jimmy Carter, on Aug. 20, 2015, during press conference at The Carter Center

karengramke

« Reply #4415 on: May 01, 2023, 03:00:33 PM »

Mickey just told me about the dirt storms in Central Il and it then showed on the computer.  From freshly plowed farms.  Rain hasn't been enough to keep it damp and settled down!
Good news from the spin doctor today!  Vertigo is gone for now!  I do not have to sleep with the bed at a 45 degree angle any longer!   Of course if it returns, call her!
 Stopped at the Wynn Dixie  on the way home for a rotisserie chicken and a head of lettuce.  Nothing else.  Cost over 12 dollars! Will have to renew my Sam's card!
The swfl kids are special.  M15 has done a super job and then they have some if Harriet's genes to help them along!  Thanks so much for sharing!
Hh comes at 11 am and leaves at 7pm.  I am up and have had breakfast when they arrive.

baziunc

« Reply #4416 on: May 01, 2023, 03:45:14 PM »

Waving to All the Beakers!  :D

((Clynn)), so nice for you and Dianna to pull together Kay's memorial service, and to coordinate with her sister and help take care of things in her home. An emotional visit there today for you, I'm sure. Happy heavenly birthday for your father today. Love the nest pics - Iris has a whopper fish! Again.  :) :-* And DH2's getting some shuteye on his comfy fish pillow.  ;) :-* You're right - I also have an older sis - my Mtns Sis, in northeastern TN.

Lani, hang in there! The baby sloths are too cute. Hard life for them. Thank goodness for Leslie and the TRR rescue group.  :-*

Phyl, thanks for the nice cam shots.  :)

Oldguy, mixed cards night. Happy May Day!

TSK, hope you're continuing to heal and feel okay. Was there any "kickback" from your edging chores? Hope not.

Lisa, oh my gosh - some of the tiny kitties starting to open eyes a bit... and all they see is a fuzzy wuzzy world then, too. LOL. The beginning stages of their first days of world exploration will not be far behind. The entertainment factor is about to jump up several notches at your house!! LOL! Too cute... can't wait to see more pics. P.S. With a LOL and a wink... re. your son wanting to take a kitten soon... I think your son has seriously underestimated exactly how much his life is getting ready to change very soon. Ha ha... Well, youth is on their side!!  :D :-*  I can't remember when their baby is expected.

Karen, way to go, girl!! For getting out to supervise the gardening. I know you would rather get your hands into that dirt, but you just stay upright for now. ;)  LOL. You're doing good!  :)  So nice of your very kind vet to take Mickey to the airport. I know she will be missed. I hope y'all enjoyed the dinner she fixed for the "last supper." I'm sure it was delicious!  The grandkids are doing well, thanks for asking. I posted a pic from February of my Littlest Greatniece a week ago or more, for you, since you had asked about her, but I think you may have missed it, and it's not there now. I need to get some recent pics, and then I'll attach for you when I do.  :)

Clynn, TSK, Lisa, Lani, Phyl, and Karen, LOL, I think you picked up on the "silly" aspect of my sister and me on the pier at the beach. Once we get started, there's just no stopping. It literally becomes "laugh till we cry."  ;D  We saw some hilarious graffiti on a call/buzzer box on an apartment building after dinner downtown, and had to take a picture of it - so that's attached. You will recognize it as the lyrics to a popular song from our day.  ;) :D At the beach, where we went after dinner to have a dessert beverage at a restaurant on the ocean that has dining also on their covered pier, we took our drinks with us to the end of the pier beyond the dining area, and enjoyed the windy, salty view of sunset before going down the steps to kick in the edge of the waves just after the sun went down.

Graffiti picture atttached, and the song hint related to it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mHONNcZbwDY   ;D

P.S. Upside down or sideways pic attached will turn rightside up if clicked on.  ;)
« Last Edit: May 02, 2023, 04:13:54 PM by baziunc »
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, that is why it is called the present."   ― A.A. Milne

"Hope for the best and accept what comes." ― President Jimmy Carter, on Aug. 20, 2015, during press conference at The Carter Center

baziunc

« Reply #4417 on: May 01, 2023, 03:47:44 PM »

Karen, I just saw your newest post... YAYAYAYAY!! for your vertigo being gone!!! Hope it stays away!!! Better sleeping tonight for you, I hope!  :)

LisaG1967

« Reply #4418 on: May 01, 2023, 05:28:03 PM »

karen - The Puff pasty shells are one of my favorite.  Turkey and gravy are good inside them, too!  I am glad to hear that the night went well for you.  Glad to hear your vertigo is gone.  OH, I miss shopping at Winn Dixie!  When I visit Mama, I make sure I go and get things that I can't get here. 

kb - Here is a sweet pic of Misty, and one of the tabby's.  She loves to hold her babies.  This one in the pic is one of the ones that has it's eyes open, of course not for the pic!  So sorry about your pretty climbing roses. 

Lani - Did your MIL put peas in her Chicken Ala King?   Yes, if Bradley were to want one...he would have to go thru AC.  Sweet pic of Robin from TRR, and interesting article.  Thanks for the read.

oldguy - Wow, lots celebrations today.  Has your winds been like Decorah?  I was thinking to myself earlier, that it seems alot more windy this year, then in years past.

baz - Love the other silly pics of your and sis!

tsk - What was the name of that pizza place that you and I went to when I was there last summer?

Jeff just weighed all the kitties....biggest one 7.94 ounces, smallest 6.38 ounces!

Have a good night, everyone!

karengramke

« Reply #4419 on: May 01, 2023, 05:38:25 PM »

Fun pictures Baz!   When will she come back?
Let the hh worker leave early todays to take a test!  She is a certified health care worker but she did not finish high school.  Now taking her ged so she can enroll in nursing school.
Dinner was good.  Chicken and steamed Brussel
 sprouts.   Trying to eat simple. Low calorie food now that chef Mickey is not cooking!  Want to lose more weight!
Lisa. Do not see the picture of .misty and the tabby

karengramke

« Reply #4420 on: May 01, 2023, 05:44:03 PM »

Never mind Lisa!  Did not scroll down far enough!  Darling picture of Momma and baby

kbshcb

« Reply #4421 on: May 01, 2023, 05:47:34 PM »

Lisa - adorable pic...even with eyes closed.....Thanks :)

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #4422 on: May 01, 2023, 06:20:56 PM »

KB  Might not the ivy just re-sprout .  Same with the roses.?  May need to just wait and see??   Hardscape damage is the worst.

BAZI   LOLOL on the cartoon.       No problem with the edging except a sore left forearm muscle from holding the tool  LOL    A very young Lionel Richie - Are you watching Idol this year??    Your sis takes good selfies.  Nothing like a day of belly laughs to get the ole endorphins going.  ;D ;D

KAREN  So they don't help you with a shower or prepare meals?  Then again, maybe you can do all those things independently - Great news from the doc on the dizzys!!!   The horrible accident on I 55 today just north of Springfield late AM was tragic - Several dead and several to hospitals. Think near 100 vehicles involved.   Dust storm with no vision available for drivers.  Still this afternoon it was too windy to start cleanup.  Both lanes closed and likely to be even tomorrow.

LISA   Such a sweet pic of Misty and tabby.  For now do you call them 1,2,3 etc to ID them?   Giordanos pizza  ;)
Chicagoland

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
« Reply #4423 on: May 01, 2023, 07:11:51 PM »

Happy Heavenly Birthday for Clynn's Dad.

Thanking everyone for the nests updates, photos, cartoons and goofy family photos( those of you know 'who you are'  ;D)
Pretty morning greetings  baby kitty photos and local weather reports, gardening progress, dinner menus and all.

I have forty eleven bluebird photos to sort, edit and  caption to save.

Clynn I'm surprized about DH-18 prognosis. I just pray it's not euthanized. What a waste of otherwise good bird. DH2w/ trout pillow--LOL
awesome Hellgate photo! That first time in someone's home after they'leave'.  (((Clynn/Diana)))  :-*

Tsk It's one blustery day here. One'd think it was still March.  Always stuff to do indoors. Using numers would make interacting with kittens more clinical and less attachment I'd think.   :-\

Karen ...your B. day is duly noted  ;D  I bet your yard is looking lovely. Soon now you'll be out on your porch or patio with a cuppa Joe seated in your lounge chair. Thinkin..ahhhhhh this is the good life!   :-*  Well   Congrats on the Vertigo---mine is forever with me.

Lani
sweet little 'wren' this AM;  SWFL Eagles E21  great video

OG good win

Bazi LOL cartoon

Lisa good weights on the kittens. Awwwww Misty and her baby. Other than when weaned   has AC said when you have to turn them all over to them? When do you get to make Misty official household kitty #2?

"Every new day begins with possibilities."
President Ronald Reagan  at  the 1985 Geneva Summit

#IstandwithEvan

kbshcb

« Reply #4424 on: May 01, 2023, 07:12:47 PM »

tsk - yes..but it takes YEARS to cover the fence....and as i said I have my peeper next door.

May not want to use the jacuzzi this summer.

the last time this happened before I rabbit proofed(maybe 8 years ago?0 i lost 2 of 5 climbing roses permanently.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2023, 07:14:58 PM by kbshcb »