Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2023  (Read 471307 times)

baziunc

• Queen of Decorah - April 10, 2016
Re: Beak Room 2023
« Reply #4350 on: April 29, 2023, 12:23:10 PM »

HAPPY CATURDAY, BEAKERS!  :)

Etta's pic from yesterday - giving her mommy those lovey dovey eyes during coffee and lapcat time.  ;D :-*

And, Etta has no problem identifying a bird!   ;) ;D
But here's a nice aide for anyone who could use it...
  ;) ;D

Meanwhile...

Tsk and Lisa, I LOVE all the kitty pics of Misty and her kittens, and of Lulu... helping with the laundry! LOL! They are all so pretty. I can't always count all 7 kittens! So glad Mama and Kittens are all doing well.  :-* And I love Lulu's "spot" that's part black and part orange.  :D

Karen, glad you had a good day yesterday. Lots of stormy weather in your region the other day. Hope your plants got watered, without getting beat down by hail or such. Hope you have a good weekend with Mickey before she heads back home.  :)

Phyl, glad your shot went well. Thanks, but I didn't mention having a good day yesterday - that was Karen. LOL. But... I did have a good day.  ;) :D  I did mention my haircut turned out okay. A simple blunt cut is as far as I go. I'm not as brave or adept as you at doing layers... LOL. Thanks for the nice cam screen shots, Has the new birdhouse gone up yet?

Lani, I hope you're having a peaceful and restful weekend before getting back to the conference duties.  :)

E4E, I hope you and Kris are having a great time, and maybe even getting a chance to get by the AEF/American Eagle Foundation place in Pigeon Forge while you're there.  :)

(((Clynn))) I'm thinking of you and Kelsey and Ed... and Kay's sister and her other friends.

Waving to All the Beakers!  :D  Take care, All!  :)

« Last Edit: April 29, 2023, 12:27:12 PM by baziunc »
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, that is why it is called the present."   ― A.A. Milne

"Hope for the best and accept what comes." ― President Jimmy Carter, on Aug. 20, 2015, during press conference at The Carter Center

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #4351 on: April 29, 2023, 12:23:40 PM »

Happy Caturday Beakers!  ;D
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

baziunc

« Reply #4352 on: April 29, 2023, 12:35:29 PM »

Oh, I forgot to add in... I can't watch the sad TV ads for saving animals, or starving or very ill children, or other similar requests, which, oddly, all seem to be $19.99 a month, and they send "thank you gifts" to donors, making me not even want to think about what very small portion of any donations actually go toward the person or animal's rescue or aid. I also can't watch the natural wildlife attacks on other animals anymore. I know it's natural, but I can't watch it. Thank goodness for remotes to change channels or mute while I look at something else.

Lani, we were posting at the same time!  :D  Cute Caturday keyboard kitty.  :)
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, that is why it is called the present."   ― A.A. Milne

"Hope for the best and accept what comes." ― President Jimmy Carter, on Aug. 20, 2015, during press conference at The Carter Center

LisaG1967

« Reply #4354 on: April 29, 2023, 01:02:01 PM »

tsk - Love those pics of your laundry helper, too cute!  I told Jeff we need a different color blanket, as the kitties are so hard to see with the B&W blanket. 

tig - Enjoy book club  :)

Lori - Cute Caturday chores

clynn - Love the pic of the two kitties. 

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #4355 on: April 29, 2023, 01:04:30 PM »

TIG  So today you will report on what you have been reading during the summer and then an official book will be selected?

LORI  I love it - You were inspired to pick up on the laundry theme  LOL

CLYNN  Love those beautiful cat tails on the snuggling kitties.

BAZI  Etta is one substantial cat.  ;D ;)   Bird aide   ;D ;D ;D ;D   I love the white streak on Lulu's forehead front to back - "white lightening"  ;D which she is.  ::)

LANI   Precious kitty getting some early computer training  LOL

T40  As usual a great set of links to enjoy - for me today the extras esp.- solar system  ;D ;D  The 4th one down particularly funny.  Nice break in this rainy afternoon.  ;D
Chicagoland

LisaG1967

« Reply #4356 on: April 29, 2023, 01:22:27 PM »

baz - LOL, how to identify a bird!  Etta does have lovey dovey eyes. 

Lani - Awww, precious Happy Caturday pic!

T40 - Thanks for videos...watching now!  :)

baziunc

« Reply #4357 on: April 29, 2023, 03:14:13 PM »

TSK, LOL! Yep, Etta is girthy!  ;D :-*

Oh, I hope she didn't hear that!!  :-* 8)

camperstig

• "Hoo hoo hoo hoo!"
« Reply #4358 on: April 29, 2023, 03:35:43 PM »

bounce
Nope... no new book selected. Not this time anyway. Some folks just too busy to read. But we plan to get together again. I enjoy it, but one woman talks insessently and I'm getting tired of it.
Food was good, but pricey.
I hit a pot hole on the way home. Hope tire will be ok. I missed the next two. I'm going to report them now.
Later
camper'sTIG - South Central MN
Decorah follower since Apr 2, 2011
"May Bob now soar with the eagles and dive with the falcons. You've left a living legacy behind on the earth" (barbells126)

karengramke

« Reply #4359 on: April 29, 2023, 04:05:33 PM »

Good afternoon on this rainy early evening!   The storms have been in the  forecast for my area but have really not materialized unto much!  No damage to plants but they are not prone to much damage.  Lirope and knock out roses.  Azaleas coming soon.
Wonderful cat pictures today and good stories.
Mickey is cooking the “last supper “ which promises to be wonderful.  I will miss her.  She leaves at 4 tomorrow.  The plane goes then!   Gets home at midnight!
Getting dark as pitch out so will sign off for now!

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #4360 on: April 29, 2023, 06:08:54 PM »

BAZI  When I first read your post I thought it said Etta was "girly"  LOL

TIG  Our Bible study has 12 when we are all there.  Sometimes I feel we are at the " Jim and Jane show"  ( not real names) as this couple can really get going while we all listen..sigh.   Hope the tire is OK. 

KAREN  You are so blessed to have Mickey and hope you are happy with your helpers.  Give it all a little time to settle in to a routine.  The outside of your house will be gorgeous.
Chicagoland

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
« Reply #4361 on: April 29, 2023, 06:54:04 PM »

Lisa luv the  sweet kitten photos w/ Mama Misty, 3AM  >:(

Tsk sure do luv the Lulu in the laundry photos. She looks so happy.  :-*

Tig awwwww Puff the Magic Dragon; enjoy your book club

Lori enjoyed the catudays you posted tks

Clynn so nice to see you today. Luv your Caturdays esp. Ailurophilia  and I'm a Ailurophile.  ;D
When I was 9yrs on the last day of school that year, in the company's recreation hall,  we watched  'The Yearling" (from novel by American writer Marjorie Kinnan Rawlings), starring Jane  Wyman and Gregory Peck as the leads. As a child I was extremely 'tender hearted.
 The  the yearling (whose mother was killed by the father by mistake ) was  left ofphaned.
So the cash strapped family adopted it and the young boy did his best to keep it penned up and out of the crops. The father, if memory serves had gotten snake bit or somthing  like that. The yearling was killed and it's heart cut out as a poltice for the bite so the father could live...shich he did . That  movie tore me apart and I cried so much that my girl  friends walked me home  in comiseration. They managed to calm me down  during the 30 min. walk  so that my blotchy face cleared .  To this day as much as I've dealt with my flaw. I still get weepy and tears roll down my face when I watch certain wildlife programs and animal rights commercials.  For the commercials, I leave the room .   When it's 'safe'  Jim  unmutes the volume and tells I can  return .  Now for the teacher's defense who ordered the film the description didn't mention the death of 'the yearling' if left the conclusion it was about the orphanied fawn and the poor farmer and family.

« Last Edit: April 29, 2023, 07:30:26 PM by Phyl »
"Every new day begins with possibilities."
President Ronald Reagan  at  the 1985 Geneva Summit

#IstandwithEvan

Phyl

« Reply #4362 on: April 29, 2023, 07:12:02 PM »

Clynn  tks for Dunrovin update. Sending good wishes to y'all and Kay's sister.

Bazi ahhhhhh Etta. That much more to love. I read too fast an d not surprizing my wires crossed.  ::)  Jim is just fine after the Shingrix vax---I have some slight shivers which is no biggie---working the 'Sam Hill ' out of my left arm though.  New bird house  's not up yet.
We have to be wise in which nestin box  it replaces. As nesting box #1 (NB1) is being used for Mom CR47 and Dad CR44 2nd clutch. And, an unknow pair of BBs is checkout out NB 2  (nesting box #2)

Lani luv the kitten at PC keyboard, almost convention time  ;)

T40 thanks for the video links  ;)

Tig  arggghhhh potholes

Karen Mickey is a treasure.

Time to get busy w/dinner.
South of the Border theme: beef enchilidas,  Spanish rice, gucamole on a bed of shredded iceberg lettuce garmishe with hand diced Romas and Ranch dressing and appitizer of homemade salasa and tortilla chips . Since Mc Donalds' owes Jim two  choco milkshakes we'll have that as dessert.  A brew for each of us. And a movie from our library.

#IstandwithEvan

Phyl

« Reply #4363 on: April 29, 2023, 07:16:58 PM »

A happy   Caturday 'Good Evening' .

#IstandwithEvan

karengramke

« Reply #4364 on: April 29, 2023, 08:14:52 PM »

Phyl, Mickey is a treasure.
I also cannot watch the commercials or animal movies,  went
Hysterical at BlackBeauty and had to be removed.  Same for the Yearling.  That was the end of my trips to that kind of film!  Night all.