Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2023  (Read 470291 times)

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
Re: Beak Room 2023
« Reply #4200 on: April 25, 2023, 04:45:54 PM »

Finally...those quick little goslings. All six

Decorah Goose Cam
Apr 25, 2023 4:42 PM
Camera Time: Apr 25, 2023 4:42 PM CDT
Birchwoman
#6 under mom toward the back
"Every new day begins with possibilities."
President Ronald Reagan  at  the 1985 Geneva Summit

#IstandwithEvan

clynndunn

• For the love of Eagles....
« Reply #4201 on: April 25, 2023, 04:48:22 PM »

It looks like Mama Goose is getting ready...is she looking for Papa Goose? They are all antsy!

No, they need a nap first!
« Last Edit: April 25, 2023, 04:55:42 PM by clynndunn »
Never lie, steal, cheat, or drink. But if you must lie, lie in the arms of the one you love. If you must steal, steal away from bad company. If you must cheat, cheat death. And if you must drink, drink in the moments that take your breath away. ~ Unknown

T40cfr403

« Reply #4202 on: April 25, 2023, 05:36:30 PM »

I swear the bird knows I'm struggling and then stops chirping.  It has happened so many times  LOL[/size]

tsk;D ;D
Only within the moment of time represented by the present century has one species -- man -- acquired significant power to alter the nature of the world.
― Rachel Carson, Silent Spring

LisaG1967

« Reply #4203 on: April 25, 2023, 05:50:01 PM »

clynn - It must be exhausting for MG to keep all those baby G's contained!  ;D  Cute pic!

Phyl - Great pic of MG and kids!

tsk - Had to giggle at your comment to T40 about opening the Merlin app, and bird stops chirping!  ;D 

Lani - Great pic of baby G!  Thanks so much for the Royal and TRR updates!  I love your morning pic!!! 

baz - Thanks for the link.  Hope you had a great walk.

Just wanted to share these two sweet pics, as I had went in room to check on Misty and kitties early today and found them like this....

Have a good night, everyone!

clynndunn

• For the love of Eagles....
« Reply #4204 on: April 25, 2023, 05:56:33 PM »

Oh Lisa, so sweet! That second one is pure love!

Still waiting, all 6 are wiggling!

Never lie, steal, cheat, or drink. But if you must lie, lie in the arms of the one you love. If you must steal, steal away from bad company. If you must cheat, cheat death. And if you must drink, drink in the moments that take your breath away. ~ Unknown

oldguy

« Reply #4205 on: April 25, 2023, 06:11:36 PM »

Some good screen shots now
SE Iowa - Grew up within 40 miles of Decorah

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #4206 on: April 25, 2023, 06:41:09 PM »

LISA    That is one big puddle of kitties.  ;D

Good screen clips - Likely will be all gone tomorrow  :(
Chicagoland

Phyl

« Reply #4207 on: April 25, 2023, 07:15:32 PM »

Tsk you might want to read this---facinating."What are animals thinking? They feel empathy, grieve, seek joy just like us." Ed the cat and others.https://www.nationalgeographic.com/magazine/article/what-are-animals-thinking-feature?rid=EBE150D77D2DB51479B2E2AEE712FBB9&cmpid=org=ngp::mc=crm-email::src=ngp::cmp=editorial::add=Daily_NL_Tuesday_History_20230425

Lisa those pictures are pure joy and sweetness! Sure hope Mama Misty gets to feel better. Maggie send her purrs. If Maggie were younger---
Get some rest Granny.  :-*

Lani was there suppose to be a link for Viscerion? Many thanks for the updates on  toucans at TRR and The Royals and the heron. I can't watch this season's 'leap of faith'.

Bazi 'waving'    ; great info on retained placenta

Jim trimmed grass line and the berry bushes aroung the big willow yesterday.
He mowed today as he's off  early, 2:15pm. Almost got both yards finished.

My  azaleas survived the winter .And came popping/leafing out. Then we got a frost last night. Didn't cover 'em---Jim said not to worry...I haven't dared look.

#IstandwithEvan

Phyl

« Reply #4208 on: April 25, 2023, 07:31:05 PM »

Our first clutch fledged last Tuesday. And, Mom CR47 got right back  with a second.   ???    Pictures and diary updates forthcoming . I have to  send and save to PC, caption and then upload to Pinterest and post.   

But, here's a photo of Paul's hand made bird house he sent to us at Christmas.

Jim's son Paul was taking a woodworking class last Winter. Thought his dad would like a new
house for Christmas. The top opens for easy cleaning after each bluebird season and ease of photography. Paul included some screws for mounting and all.
 I hope they fit. The bluebirds that is.

#IstandwithEvan

Phyl

« Reply #4209 on: April 25, 2023, 07:45:25 PM »

Mississippi River Flyway Cam
Apr 25, 2023 7:43 PM
Camera Time: Apr 25, 2023 7:42 PM CDT
Birchwoman

The Fly-a-way says 'Good Night" And, so do I.

#IstandwithEvan

karengramke

« Reply #4210 on: April 25, 2023, 08:06:31 PM »

Sounds and looks like baby season all over the beak!  What fun, fur and feathers!   Hoping Misty is feeling better.  What a young mama!
Been dizzy as all get out for months and finally went to ent today. Have severe vertigo.  Had first treatment today next appointment Monday!  Tired of these cheap carnival rides!
Have Home Health starting Friday and will do 8 hours, 7 days a week until I get rid of vertigo and will then cut down on days and hours.
Not reading every word on here but will try better as time goes bye!
Sweet dreams

BrokenLug

« Reply #4211 on: April 25, 2023, 09:54:50 PM »

You know the truth I've always walked 2 mph even on paved flat or laden pack foot trails

Can't walk any faster truly smelling and seeing the Lupines.    :)
U. S. A.

baziunc

• Queen of Decorah - April 10, 2016
« Reply #4212 on: April 25, 2023, 10:12:38 PM »

BAZI  Interesting article on retained placenta,  You are doing GREAT with your walking.  Before this surgery the best I would do is 1.5 mi. on a routine walk.  I sure hope to get back to that.  Keep up the good work.  I'm not sure speed is essential. :-\

T40  I have used my Merlin ID on routine birds I know to practice.  However it is so long before I use it again it takes me a while to get it opened and set up to record - I swear the bird knows I'm struggling and then stops chirping.  It has happened so many times  LOL

Tsk, I'm sure you will get back to your pre-surgery walking routine! I monitor and set my pace/speed as a way of helping to get more of an aerobic benefit. I'm not getting too technical with it - not doing the measured percentage of max heart rate/etc. type of calculations, that I did at one time.  ;) But I do get my distance and time of my neighborhood walks now, to calculate speed. I know what speeds will get me closer to at least some aerobic benefit, even if it isn't the most aerobic workout I could get from that exerrcise. I want to do enough for it to be more than an off-the-couch leisurely walk, which I also enjoy, of course. Being "off-the-couch" is always good for me, no matter the speed. LOL. My knee was more swollen than usual today, so I decided to cut back on my distance, and that turned out to help me go faster. So I only walked 1.15 mile today, but I did it at 3.28 mph - so I met my pace goal at least, and got my heart rate up a bit. Yay. LOL. If I still were going to a gym, I would also be using a recumbent bike and an elliptical, which I liked. But for now, getting back to walking exercise is good.
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, that is why it is called the present."   ― A.A. Milne

"Hope for the best and accept what comes." ― President Jimmy Carter, on Aug. 20, 2015, during press conference at The Carter Center

baziunc

« Reply #4213 on: April 25, 2023, 10:29:25 PM »

You know the truth I've always walked 2 mph even on paved flat or laden pack foot trails

Can't walk any faster truly smelling and seeing the Lupines.    :)

BL, you're darn tootin'! I never walk fast on trails - too much to take in and enjoy along the way to go fast! Well, unless I'm running behind schedule to make camp by dark, of course. LOL. Those were the days... for me. These days, my trails are day hikes without night camps. But my old sense memories of those days re-awaken when you post about the fun you and Pip have out and about... "Oh, the places you will go."  :)
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, that is why it is called the present."   ― A.A. Milne

"Hope for the best and accept what comes." ― President Jimmy Carter, on Aug. 20, 2015, during press conference at The Carter Center

baziunc

« Reply #4214 on: April 25, 2023, 11:03:34 PM »

Clynn, Phyl, Oldguy, and others, thanks for the cam shots from many nests. Those goslings are just sooo cute!  :-*  I can't watch the jump either. I'm going to have to wait and read reports, and hope for the best.  :-*  Loved the Flyway sunset, too. Spectacular!

Lisa, I love those pics of Misty with her kittens!!!  :-* :-* :-*  I hope everyone at your house gets some good sleep tonight!  How is your daughter-in-law feeling?

((Karen)), that's great you have your home health aide scheduled to start soon! Not great on the severe vertigo though - ugh.   I'm so sorry, and really hoping you get some steady improvement of that - fingers crossed. I have dealt with that some, and yep, those carnival rides are too wild! Hugs. And hold on!

Lani, are you getting a bit of a breather now between the bouts of heavy duty tasks? Hope you're getting some time to rest more. I hope Shannon and Aly are getting along okay. How is Shannon feeling? Has Aly decided on a place to move into yet?

E4E, I know you will be thinking of, and missing sweet Star, but I hope you and Kris will enjoy your getaway. There is so much to see and do in that area! I know the weather forecast, and I hope you will get to enjoy some of the fun indoor things when the rain comes through.

T40, enjoy the Merlin app! I can't use it on my phone, but I know it gets high marks. I think Clynn uses it, too.

LOL, Tsk, on your Merlin app experiences.  :D  I'm sure it will go smoother with more use.

Phyl, the new birdhouse is nice!

Rest in peace, Harry Belafonte, who died today at age 96.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H5dpBWlRANE - "Day-O" (The Banana Boat Song) - Live, in Tokyo, July 18, 1960 - Harry Belafonte.