Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2023  (Read 470445 times)

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
Re: Beak Room 2023
« Reply #3960 on: April 20, 2023, 06:28:08 AM »

Now  59 F  .Today 84F sunny  with a 'fire warning' . And, tonight 64F c lear skies.

Hi Bazi tks for CoVid vax updates; 1st shingles was nothing, we're due for #2 commencing tomorrow, pharmacist says side effects depend on the individual---
so we shall see.

Lani That's alotta work!  Sure hope you have a great convention. Now for some time-off, eh?

OG hope the tornado threats have passed; 8 days off my goodness; always enjoy   Quarantine Kids

Eagles so young to have passed from heart attack---the losses that are most stunning
« Last Edit: April 20, 2023, 06:43:14 AM by Phyl »
"Every new day begins with possibilities."
President Ronald Reagan  at  the 1985 Geneva Summit

#IstandwithEvan

Phyl

« Reply #3961 on: April 20, 2023, 06:31:52 AM »

Alert ! Hatch watch for Decorah Goose Cam begins  4-22-23 !!

Decorah Goose Cam
Apr 20, 2023 6:28 AM
Camera Time: Apr 20, 2023 6:28 AM CDT
Birchwoman

Apr 20, 2023 5:39 AM
Camera Time: Apr 20, 2023 5:38 AM CDT

#IstandwithEvan

Phyl

« Reply #3962 on: April 20, 2023, 06:38:01 AM »

Two Harbors Bald Eagle Cam
Apr 20, 2023 6:33 AM
Camera Time: Apr 20, 2023 4:33 AM PDT
Birchwoman

#IstandwithEvan

Phyl

« Reply #3963 on: April 20, 2023, 06:38:17 AM »

Two Harbors Bald Eagle Cam
From Chat:

Tides and Deliveries for Tuesday (4-19-2023)

Total feedings were at least 9 and another stuffed crop at bedtime :)

Casey Ferranti
9 hours ago

#IstandwithEvan

Phyl

« Reply #3964 on: April 20, 2023, 06:40:01 AM »

Mississippi River Flyway Cam
Apr 20, 2023 6:38 AM
Camera Time: Apr 20, 2023 6:38 AM CDT
Birchwoman

#IstandwithEvan

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #3965 on: April 20, 2023, 07:08:14 AM »

GOOD MORNING EVERYONE

58 heading to 77 with thunderstorms throughout the day.

PHYL  B&T are home and Tim didn't even nap yesterday checking things off his to-do list  :)

KAREN  How is it going at home?

OLDGUY   Are you likely to pick up more hours as the season gets busier?  Lots of music last night  ;)

EAGLES  WOW  Young age to pass from a heart attack.  How sad.

LANI   Will you also attend the convention?  Aly also moves in May right?

PHYL  Keep us posted on the hatch at the Mother goose nest.  ;)
Chicagoland

clynndunn

• For the love of Eagles....
« Reply #3966 on: April 20, 2023, 07:21:47 AM »

Good Morning Beakers!

58 and rainy, looks like rain until 10:00 or so. High 68, windy. Typical Spring day!

baz, I heard about the updated covid booster on the news, wonder if I can get it when I get my second Shingrix shot. Or maybe not... I had the last booster in September. I know what you mean about common misspellings and also pronunciations.  I just can't let it go with Illinois and Des Moines when people pronounce with an S at the end of either!

Lani, oh my goodness, that is enough work for an army! You deserve a rest just for listing everything! Bella keeps me busy on Wednesdays! She is nearly always asking for mac'n'cheese at 9:30, but I am still able to change her to Eggos or peanut butter toast! That girl loves her mac'n'cheese!  And chicken fries...with ranch!  Is Mike still in Gila Bend?

E4E, wow, 42 is way too young for a heart attack....but it happens...prayers for Kris's cousin's family.

oldguy, wow, beautiful Super Bloom in CA! I also watched another Blancolirio video on the side about the flooding update from all the snow in CA!  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PsErD-TO8Zo

karen, how is it going at home now? I bet you feel better already! Micky is so good too help you get all set up at home!

Phyl, love the pic of the lone bird on the Flyway...  Cute little butt on the Two Harbors pic of Mom & little one. And goslings time is near!

tsk, Tim sounds like the Energizer Bunny...hope he does't over-do it! He must feel so much better ater being 'repaired'!

LesleytheBirdNerd
Feisty Jay giving his new mate, Missus a food offering. I've known Feisty Jay since 2014. He hasn't been able to keep a mate for longer than two years. I've known Missus since 2019. She only had one mate, Mister. I don't know what happened, but he's been gone since last summer. Here's to Feisty Jay and Missus. I hope they do very well together!🐦🐦💙💜

« Last Edit: April 20, 2023, 08:10:49 AM by clynndunn »
Never lie, steal, cheat, or drink. But if you must lie, lie in the arms of the one you love. If you must steal, steal away from bad company. If you must cheat, cheat death. And if you must drink, drink in the moments that take your breath away. ~ Unknown

Eagles4evr1116

• Mom Decorah. Fan since 04/06/2011.
« Reply #3967 on: April 20, 2023, 08:57:12 AM »

Sun w/high of 66

Phyl - Thanks for pics and good info - that is good news on the Decorah Goose hatch watch!

Thanks Baz  :)

Tsk - It is amazing how Tim is taking care of things and errands - a busy guy!!

Clynn -  Thank you for LesleytheBirdNerd pic and update  :)

Beakers have a nice day  :)

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #3968 on: April 20, 2023, 09:30:48 AM »

Bearstudy - Spanky  :-* , Red Fox, and More - UPDATE April 19, 2023

https://www.bearstudy.org/updates/daily-updates/4746-spanky-red-fox-and-more-update-april-19-2023.html

Good morning Beakers!
Morning Blschue, Lilbro, Lori, Clynn, Tsk, Lisa, Oldguy, Puff, Eagles, Kb, Tig, Baz, Phyl, Peep, Jaspurr, Pink, Jilltosa, Karen, BL, Eburg, Weasel, Ezee, Bggolden, T40, ssrl, Maxie, and All!

I'm leaving early to set up the Badges/Registration workshop at our church. I'm bringing Brunch items to nibble on too, as well as get the coffee pot going.

{{{Tsk and Tim}}} I hope Tim is getting stronger each day.
{{{Karen}}} I hope all is well with you too  :)
{{{Lisa and Jeff}}} prayers for little mama Misty
{{{Tig}}} I hope you are feeling better as well.
{{{Eagles and Star}}}

{{{Hugs for our Beakers}}}
Have a lovely day and I'll be back later, with adult beverage in hand!  ;D 8)
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

kbshcb

« Reply #3969 on: April 20, 2023, 10:26:32 AM »

Way to go Lani!.. :) :)...let us know when you are home and I'll clink a glass of cheer with ya..

We had some surprisingly strong thunderstorms last night with thunder and lightening, small hail nearby...
It was just over 2 weeks ago or so we had that blizzard...
Rain all day again with snow possible with the wrap up of it tonight.....uggg.

Oldguy - so loved "riding along" with Juan in his airplane viewing the beautiful flowers...how fun.

Lisa is noticeably absent this morning.
Have a great day Beakers.

LisaG1967

« Reply #3970 on: April 20, 2023, 12:04:20 PM »

Beakers....I have tired to start a post like 10 times now, and get side tracked. 

No kittens yet, but will catch up in a lil while. 

Hopefully, I won't be too many pages behind! 

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #3971 on: April 20, 2023, 12:29:20 PM »

CLYNN   What a sweet jays pic from Lesley  :)

LANI   Thanks for the bear report - Loved the grackle pic Lynn got.   Take care of yourself.

KB  A passing thunderstorm is just leaving the area.  The worst is supposed to come at rush hour.
Chicagoland

kbshcb

« Reply #3972 on: April 20, 2023, 12:42:52 PM »

karengramke

« Reply #3973 on: April 20, 2023, 12:57:40 PM »

Lisa, when I saw that you did not post I was sure you were busy with mid wife duties!  Back later

kbshcb

« Reply #3974 on: April 20, 2023, 01:15:22 PM »

Holy Moly:

Loons are falling out of the sky!...so to speak:

From the Raptor Education Group:

ALERT!!! LOON FALLOUT CURRENTLY in NORTHERN WISCONSIN!
We are getting calls on many loons on land and small ponds the past 2 days.  A few loons can be a normal situation of a loon accidentally landing as a mistake however, due to the many calls received over the past 24 hrs., it appears we have a LOON FALLOUT occuring. That occurs when atmospheric conditions are such that the migrating loons develop ice on their body as they fly at high altitude and crash land when they are no longer able to fly due to the weight of the ice on their body or the interference with their flight ability. The current ice/rain and unstable air currents is a perfect set-up for this phenomena to occur.
At this time loon have been seen on land in Wausau, Gleason, Stratford, Neva, Rice Lake, Antigo, Drummond....other areas may be involved as well.
Loons cannot walk! They will need your help! If you find a loon on land or on a road or cow pasture, realize that it cannot walk. Their legs are placed to the back of the bird and are made for swimming and diving not walking. 
Loons can be difficult to handle.  Call REGI or Loon Rescue (phone numbers below) or your local wildlife center for advice.  Do NOT TAKE THEM TO SMALL PONDS FOR RELEASE!! They cannot fly from small ponds as they need a quarter mile or more of open water to run across and get airborne. 
They have sharp beaks and use the beak for defense.  You can cover them with a blanket to contain them. You can transport them in a rubbermaid container with air holes in the top. Please put towels on the bottom of the container or box to cushion their V shaped keel and prevent injury.
Call REGI at 715-623-4015   or   Loon Rescue at 715-966-5415
Stay safe everyone and let us know if you need assistance. Loon are the symbol of the Northwoods but need our help right now.

This is Wisconsin.