Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2023  (Read 470388 times)

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
Re: Beak Room 2023
« Reply #3495 on: April 06, 2023, 11:38:07 AM »

Good morning Beakers,
Morning Blschue, Lilbro, Lori, Clynn, Tsk, Lisa, Oldguy, Puff, Eagles, Kb, Tig, Baz, Phyl, Peep, Jaspurr, Pink, Jilltosa, Karen, BL, Eburg, Weasel, Ezee, Bggolden, T40, ssrl, Maxie, and All!

Lisa, looking forward to reading what happens with your visit with AC.

Eagles, we had to accept the contractor chosen by our insurance company and pay the deductible. Contractor did a couple of days of pre-work and Insurance company has paid for everything upfront. I'm very happy they will wait till Aly leaves to tear into the shower... sweet Star have a lovely day  :-*

Clynn, prayers for DH2, I can't look at DH1  :'(

Tsk, I will miss Aly very much. I keep it to myself.  :'(

Phyl, thanks for nests updates, prayers for Sauces egg... and I'm very sorry to see the news of DH1  :'(

Baz, I've been checking SWFL cam/chatter post everyday hoping for E21's return... it left right after being hit by GHO on nest tree... I wonder if Dad knew where he was and had been feeding him/her. E21 looks well, siblings need to get to know each other again.
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

kbshcb

« Reply #3496 on: April 06, 2023, 12:19:57 PM »

https://twitter.com/i/status/1643264816210128896

Good friends!....and yes, many humans don't deserve pets.

Lani - I've been busy so may have missed an update on Aly....did she take the Oregon job?..when is she leaving?

Lisa - can't wait to hear how your questions are answered at Animal Control.. ;) ;)

Ollie was a champ at the Vet's this morning with a new Vet Tech getting his toe nails clipped...Chris riding with in the car helps me focus on driving while the Drama King (Ollie) cries in his kennel while going there!..

Boy, while walking with him this morning, the birds singing, the sun at a much higher angle, one would never know it's spring here...very cold wind on the face and temps....and of course 4 feet plus high piles of ice....now about 34 degrees above..

Neighbor up the street who was going to help me is now gone for Easter till mid week next week....We shall see what I decide to do next?

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #3497 on: April 06, 2023, 02:08:46 PM »

LISA  Keep us posted on what Animal Control had to say

KB   Awww  Two unusual species as buddies.  Is there a deadline for getting those arbor branches out of the street?  Will a few more days matter?
Chicagoland

LisaG1967

« Reply #3498 on: April 06, 2023, 02:22:11 PM »

kb - Awww, the dog and duck!  Good boy, Ollie!

Lani - So, Aly accepted the job?  Aww, I know you will miss her!

I am back home from Animal Control with my supplies, and questions answered.  :)
Misty was a kitten that was caught in a trap and brought to AC.  She was chipped by AC when brought in, but too young at the time to be spayed.  AC was transferring her by carrier to their cat house, when she escaped from them in December.  She has never had kittens before, but I did find out that cats can mate with several Baby Daddy's, and have many kittens.  So, that explains why she is having so many. AC said, the kittens might be all different colors of the Baby Daddy's she mated with.   ::)

kbshcb

« Reply #3499 on: April 06, 2023, 03:06:06 PM »

LISA  Keep us posted on what Animal Control had to say

KB   Awww  Two unusual species as buddies.  Is there a deadline for getting those arbor branches out of the street?  Will a few more days matter?

Probably not, I see quite a few still hanging out.....LOL

baziunc

• Queen of Decorah - April 10, 2016
« Reply #3500 on: April 06, 2023, 03:36:08 PM »

I am back home from Animal Control with my supplies, and questions answered.  :)
Misty was a kitten that was caught in a trap and brought to AC.  She was chipped by AC when brought in, but too young at the time to be spayed.  AC was transferring her by carrier to their cat house, when she escaped from them in December.  She has never had kittens before, but I did find out that cats can mate with several Baby Daddy's, and have many kittens.  So, that explains why she is having so many. AC said, the kittens might be all different colors of the Baby Daddy's she mated with.   ::)

Lisa, glad you could finally get Misty's history! I had wondered, when you said 6 kittens, if there was more than 1 father cat, since I knew that works that way often with some cat pregnancies. So, she got out from AC this past December? Or December from a year ago??  Is her chip now registered to you and Jeff, in case she accidentally ever gets away again, they will be able to scan for her chip and it will lead them to you and Jeff?  Lots of cuteness and excitement coming your way!  :D

From "Popular Science" - brief article about cats impregnated by multiple males, and their kittens - a very common situation:
https://www.popsci.com/why-kittens-same-litter-look-different/
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, that is why it is called the present."   ― A.A. Milne

"Hope for the best and accept what comes." ― President Jimmy Carter, on Aug. 20, 2015, during press conference at The Carter Center

baziunc

• Queen of Decorah - April 10, 2016
« Reply #3501 on: April 06, 2023, 03:39:35 PM »

I'm so sorry about DH1 not making it. Very sad.  RIP, Little One, DH1.  I hope DH2 will have better success, and hope that HM and HD can successfully brood and fledge at least one of their little ones this season.  :-* :-*

Take care, Beakers.
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, that is why it is called the present."   ― A.A. Milne

"Hope for the best and accept what comes." ― President Jimmy Carter, on Aug. 20, 2015, during press conference at The Carter Center

LisaG1967

« Reply #3502 on: April 06, 2023, 03:50:57 PM »

Lisa, glad you could finally get Misty's history! I had wondered, when you said 6 kittens, if there was more than 1 father cat, since I knew that works that way often with some cat pregnancies. So, she got out from AC this past December? Or December from a year ago??  Is her chip now registered to you and Jeff, in case she accidentally ever gets away again, they will be able to scan for her chip and it will lead them to you and Jeff?  Lots of cuteness and excitement coming your way!  :D

From "Popular Science" - brief article about cats impregnated by multiple males, and their kittens - a very common situation:
https://www.popsci.com/why-kittens-same-litter-look-different/

Baz - Dec 2022 is when she escaped from them.  Thanks for the article.  :)

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
« Reply #3503 on: April 06, 2023, 04:30:31 PM »

Edited

So glad you got your questions anwsered.
Yep! You could have a vertible  feline smorgasbord on delivery day.  ;)
Goodness  she's been on her own for a while.   :-*
"Every new day begins with possibilities."
President Ronald Reagan  at  the 1985 Geneva Summit

#IstandwithEvan

Phyl

« Reply #3504 on: April 06, 2023, 04:59:40 PM »

Y'all don't know how difficult it was for me to post the news about little DH1...I've carried the image of that little fella just laying there amoung the fish,  in my mind all day long. :(

Clynn sweet teacup / house wren  greeting this AM; SWFL alt view really shows off E21/22 size  and indeed they look great!

Tsk nice crocus and curious pup; DH1 new parents is what I 've thinking. Cam was off so can't see what ha ppened and been rather busy to get back to Chat. From What I saw early AM might have gotten stepped on ---infantcide.

Fantastic news Clynn ! DH2 is coming into The World...thanks for the 'beaking news'. Praying all goes well for this one!

{{{Eagles}}} this is probably Star's new 'normal'...like Maggie's heart murmur is her 'normal.  Nothing left to do but  give them their meds and love the peewadden out of our  girls!  ;) 

Kb  Good boy, Ollie!  :-*; beaglel and duck , Nature forms some unlikely friendships

Lani Aly accepted the job...yes moms keep lots to themselves---it's a 'mom thing'.  Hugs

Bazi I've read that article  in 2018---good selection for Lisa

Kinda looks like my Maggie. But, fat chance she'd ever agree to that!!!
« Last Edit: April 06, 2023, 05:08:46 PM by Phyl »

#IstandwithEvan

kbshcb

« Reply #3505 on: April 06, 2023, 05:57:20 PM »

Ugg, Poppie out again and sited by 2 different people running...This time the gal who mostly spent the time trying to capture it for days is staying silent and behind the scenes (talking with me) with The Retrievers and the city to capture it and hopefully keep it out of the house of it's original owners.

Yah!....unbelievable to me.....I think the owner's neighbor was protecting the owner yesterday at the expense of the dog...

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #3506 on: April 06, 2023, 06:03:11 PM »

LISA    Well that explains a few things but sure do wish they had a video of how the cat escaped and if seen, wasn't readily caught. ??? :-\

BAZI  I think we are all on the edge of our seats wondering if Misty was "heteropaternal superfecundated"  ;D ;D

PHYL   Love the rabbit eared tabby  ;)

KB  That dog needs to be rehomed!!!

KAREN   Hope you got home safe and sound today and got that nice hot shower!!!
Chicagoland

Phyl

« Reply #3507 on: April 06, 2023, 07:00:32 PM »

Ugg, Poppie out again and sited by 2 different people running...This time the gal who mostly spent the time trying to capture it for days is staying silent and behind the scenes (talking with me) with The Retrievers and the city to capture it and hopefully keep it out of the house of it's original owners.

Yah!....unbelievable to me.....I think the owner's neighbor was protecting the owner yesterday at the expense of the dog...

Poor Poppie  :-*  What about talking your vet about a client who fosters?  You know Poppie's story. 

#IstandwithEvan

Phyl

« Reply #3508 on: April 06, 2023, 07:15:00 PM »

Karen hopefully you're home and settled.  Ditto  'Hot shower'.   And a  night in  your own bed!  Ahhhhh!

My thoughts too Tsk ---a video of Misty's escape and 'why' she was left on her own for so long.

#IstandwithEvan

Phyl

#IstandwithEvan