Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2023  (Read 470878 times)

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
Re: Beak Room 2023
« Reply #2670 on: March 13, 2023, 07:42:10 AM »

Just to brighten your 'Monday Back To Work'...

And...
"Every new day begins with possibilities."
President Ronald Reagan  at  the 1985 Geneva Summit

#IstandwithEvan

Phyl

« Reply #2671 on: March 13, 2023, 07:44:55 AM »

...More.

#IstandwithEvan

camperstig

• "Hoo hoo hoo hoo!"
« Reply #2672 on: March 13, 2023, 07:59:48 AM »

Bounce!
((( E4E ))) glad you are home safe. Sorry for illnesses.
What a difference 12 hrs. makes. Bright sunshine, clear sky, and the moon out our window. They had 17" of snow right here since Sat. a.m.! Can't wait to run up the shore for second breakfast and exploring. (I gather items from the Scandinavian breakfast here, but there is a great place in Silver Bay and Camper will want his French Toast).
HAGD all
camper'sTIG - South Central MN
Decorah follower since Apr 2, 2011
"May Bob now soar with the eagles and dive with the falcons. You've left a living legacy behind on the earth" (barbells126)

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #2673 on: March 13, 2023, 08:10:47 AM »

HI EVERYONE

29 to 33 with scattered snow showers today

OLDGUY  Caught up with Lesley and the Carolina wren - Lots of study to be done on this talkative little bird. :)

PHYL  Remember Robert Blake from Baretta days.

EAGLES  Be sure and let us know how the anniversary trip went when you are caught up.   PICS??    Hope Mom is OK as well as little Star.

LISA   Am sure you also have a list for "across the bidge" activities today.  ;)

TIG  Is this a place you've been to before or a new one? 
Chicagoland

clynndunn

• For the love of Eagles....
« Reply #2674 on: March 13, 2023, 08:15:23 AM »

Good Morning Beakers!

Phyl, so good to see #7 every morning... beautiful heron! And there is the frozen, very still Flyway. 24 right now, high yoday 29. Brrr... Lots of dog shames, cats aren't quite so shameful...  ;D ;D

Lisa, have a nice trip across the bridge and good news on appointments. Pepe in the new cat house, I don't think so! Is Jeff going to give the cathouse a name?

E4E, you are busy, I hope Mom and star are okay and feeling better already since you are home! They missed you!

Lani, I remember watching The Little Rascals!  Those were the days...

tsk, hope you get all your questions answered at your Dr. appointment today!

oldguy, great video on the San Bernadino Mountain snow and the Bucked Up group of wonderful guys!

Ed took these pictures on his way to Erin's house yesterday, he was crossing the Des Moines River in Johnston.

This popped up on FB, memories of four years ago!

Never lie, steal, cheat, or drink. But if you must lie, lie in the arms of the one you love. If you must steal, steal away from bad company. If you must cheat, cheat death. And if you must drink, drink in the moments that take your breath away. ~ Unknown

camperstig

• "Hoo hoo hoo hoo!"
« Reply #2675 on: March 13, 2023, 08:59:44 AM »

Been here many times B4... usually in Nov., and starting this year will be our go to for anniversary in Sept.
 ;)
Just a little getaway B4 I turn Old next week.
camper'sTIG - South Central MN
Decorah follower since Apr 2, 2011
"May Bob now soar with the eagles and dive with the falcons. You've left a living legacy behind on the earth" (barbells126)

Phyl

« Reply #2676 on: March 13, 2023, 09:20:48 AM »

Pray for California... I'm thinking   I need to call Dan. But, he gets so P'Oed  when I fret!

More devastating  March 13, 2023 photos at Axios.com    https://www.axios.com/2023/03/12/photos-atmospheric-river-storm-california

An aerial view shows a flooded neighborhood in the unincorporated community of Pajaro in Watsonville, California, on March 11. Residents were forced to evacuate in the middle of the night after an atmospheric river surge broke the Pajaro Levee and sent flood waters flowing into the community. Photo: Josh Edelson/AFP via Getty Images

In an aerial view, workers make emergency repairs to a road that was washed out by heavy rains on March 10, in Soquel, California. An atmospheric river event brought high winds and heavy rains to Northern California that caused localized flooding and toppled trees. Photo: Justin Sullivan/Getty Images

In an aerial view, a flooded farm is seen on March 10, near Strathmore, California. Another in a series of atmospheric river storms from the Pacific Ocean has brought a warm rain to the region, which is falling on top of, and melting, large areas of snow in the Sierra Nevada Mountains, increasing the risk of floods at lower elevations. Photo: David McNew/Getty Images

California Snow Report
https://snoflo.org/snow/report/california/

WINTER STORM WARNINGS
Sacramento - Western Plumas County/Lassen Park; West Slope Northern Sierra Nevada
 1 to 3 feet above 6500 feet, up to 5 feet above 8000 feet forecasted
Hanford - Yosemite NP outside of the valley; Upper San Joaquin River; Kaiser to Rodgers Ridge; Kings Canyon NP; Grant Grove Area; Sequoia NP; South End of the Upper Sierra
 2 to 4 feet from 7000 to 8000 feet, 4 to 6 feet from 8000 to 9000 feet and 6 to 8 feet above 9000 feet forecasted

UPS delivery driver Juan Hernandez delivers a package to a snow-covered home in Truckee, California, Friday.

A resident in the San Bernardino Mountains clears snow at his home on Wednesday, March 1, 2023, in Running Springs, California.

« Last Edit: March 13, 2023, 09:23:23 AM by Phyl »

#IstandwithEvan

kbshcb

« Reply #2677 on: March 13, 2023, 10:14:40 AM »

https://twitter.com/i/status/1634996892005433345

and the Oscar goes too!...above.

Morning all.
Brutally cold this am...running around 20 degrees below average for this time of year.

Eagles4 - hope all turns out well for Starr and Mom...keep us updated.

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #2678 on: March 13, 2023, 10:44:05 AM »

Good morning Beakers!
Morning.Blschue, Lilbro, Lori, Clynn, Tsk, Lisa, Oldguy, Puff, Eagles, Kb, Tig, Baz, Phyl, Peep, Jaspurr, Pink, Jilltosa, Karen, BL, Eburg, Weasel, Ezee, Bggolden, T40, ssrl, Maxie, and All!

Kb, now, that's my favorite Oscar winner! LOL!!! I haven't watched the Oscars in years.

Tig, you will never turn old. Looking forward to pics  ;D

Clynn, great morning posts... Our Little Gang shows was played many years in Hawaii. My mom enjoyed watching them. Mike and I watched him in Baretta, but my childhood memories of times spent with my mom watching our gang stays with me. In the 50s/60s, Hawaii was always a year behind on the tv schedule. Beautiful munchkin pics and love Ed's photos.

Phyl, glad to see Sauces mom and egg are doing well... busy morning for you. Fun Dog shames....  I pray all is well with Dan and the many affected by the flooding waters.

Lisa, good luck and safe travels with your appointments across the bridge.  :)

Eagles, Welcome Home! I pray your mother and Star are feeling better today. You and Kris will need rest just from the time change. I hope this is a good day for all.
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

kbshcb

« Reply #2679 on: March 13, 2023, 10:51:22 AM »

Lani - Ditto ;)

clynndunn

• For the love of Eagles....
« Reply #2680 on: March 13, 2023, 11:10:38 AM »

Lani, love your Irish twins! Where are their eyes? It has always amazed me how these dogs can see where they are going...  ;D ;D

kb, that one gets my vote too!

Phyl, the snow and the flooding in CA is so bad, it makes me feel very lucky! I sure hope Dan is okay...

This zoo is breeding hope for endangered species: https://www.cnn.com/2023/03/09/europe/chester-zoo-baby-boom-c2e-spc-intl-scn/index.html

Decorah Eagles - Carol Fowler Marshburn  ·  March 1 at 8:38 AM
HM: “You have done a great job of sitting on the eggs, sweetheart, but I want a turn now.”
HD: “No, it’s still my turn.”
HM: “I want my turn now, sweetie, so please get up.”
HD: “No.”
So she left! Surprised me, for sure! They are so funny and cute. What a great season this is likely to be, so watch and enjoy. Good morning, and have a great day! 🦅💕🦅💕

Never lie, steal, cheat, or drink. But if you must lie, lie in the arms of the one you love. If you must steal, steal away from bad company. If you must cheat, cheat death. And if you must drink, drink in the moments that take your breath away. ~ Unknown

kbshcb

« Reply #2681 on: March 13, 2023, 12:49:20 PM »

Haha, LOL..

A local home depot near me is getting soil and mulch delivered!

By looking at that pile of snow in your parking lot, I'd be getting more salt delivered instead.
My prediction is at least till May1 till piles are gone...

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #2682 on: March 13, 2023, 01:04:46 PM »

CLYNN   Dr appt is Friday  ;) ;)   WOW  Look at all the eagles Ed saw.  Sweet throwback pics of the munchkins :D   Awww the cute little tree kangaroo  :)

TIG  Good to find a nice "go-to" place.  ;D

PHYL  Some amazing pics coming out of California.  Apocalyptic  :o

KB    ROTFL  ;D( oscar)   Guess if Home Depot doesn't get their scheduled drop they won't get it at all  LOL

LANI   I haven't watched any award show in years except maybe the Tony's - I like theater.
Chicagoland

baziunc

• Queen of Decorah - April 10, 2016
« Reply #2683 on: March 13, 2023, 02:16:53 PM »

HAPPY DAY, BEAKERS!  :)

((TSK)), I hope your swelling is going down. Is getting up from lying down getting any less painful yet? You said standing is the least painful - are you working a puzzle on a standing-height table or counter yet?  Keep up the good recovery! I wonder how long before you start going for rehab.

E4E, glad you and Kris are back home, and getting caught up on things there. I hope your mom and Star are better. Is you mom still at the hospital?

Lani, I missed the NCAA Tournament official team decisions, so I need to look it up. Did Kansas get the overall number 1 seed? Isn't Shannon's house in CA? Are they located in the areas that are getting massive snow or rain or getting any flooding? I hope all is safe with them and their property.

Phyl, I remember R. Blake very well. I permanently fell out of "like" with him after his wife was murdered.

Clynn, those are great throwback pics of the kids. Wow, how they have grown up since then!  :-* Great pics that Ed took - wowie on all those Eagles!!  LOLOL on the nest exchange between HM and HD!!  :D :D :P

Waving to All the Beakers!  I hope all of you getting the nasty weather are staying safe and warm ,and hanging in there till it passes.  :)

« Last Edit: March 15, 2023, 03:02:51 PM by baziunc »
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, that is why it is called the present."   ― A.A. Milne

"Hope for the best and accept what comes." ― President Jimmy Carter, on Aug. 20, 2015, during press conference at The Carter Center

baziunc

• Queen of Decorah - April 10, 2016
« Reply #2684 on: March 13, 2023, 02:39:04 PM »

I need to run...

SPRING IS COMING, BEAKERS!  Keep the faith!   :D
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, that is why it is called the present."   ― A.A. Milne

"Hope for the best and accept what comes." ― President Jimmy Carter, on Aug. 20, 2015, during press conference at The Carter Center