Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2023  (Read 470398 times)

Puff

Re: Beak Room 2023
« Reply #2640 on: March 12, 2023, 07:14:24 AM »

Hi Eagles!  I hope you and Chris had a nice flight home. And, there are no 'surprizes'  waiting for  you at home.  I've missed you in Beakroom.
Looking forward to your photos ---when you're ready to post them.

Book taken for looooong flight over the pond tomorrow Phyl -  A Gift from Bob.  Smaller and lighter than other earlier editions.

p

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #2641 on: March 12, 2023, 08:19:27 AM »

GOOD SUNDAY MORNING EVERYONE

34 - to 39 - light rain/snow expected cloudy day.

Dark mornings again for a while. :P

BAZI  Like the "Bandit" poster  ;D

BL   I had heard that about  hippos before.  I would never have guessed that tho.

LANI   I love your rescue stories.  :)   Aww  good night pup and his gator  ;)

LISA   Pretty fancy .  the word will get around  LOL      Good to hear the cats are working it out.  Maybe seeing each other through the window on occasion has helped.

PHYL  Hummer nests are so exquisite

PUFF  Safe trip and have fun  ;D
Chicagoland

kbshcb

« Reply #2642 on: March 12, 2023, 09:07:19 AM »

"How to keep squirrels away from bird feeders" says the owner of this pic.
Can you spy a second tail?

Morning all.
Roads apparently turned to glare ice last night.....all roads, even those kept clear by County.
Watching for improvement for sis who's in Rochester and heading home some time today...
394 and 52 still icy.

clynndunn

• For the love of Eagles....
« Reply #2643 on: March 12, 2023, 09:11:27 AM »

Good Morning Beakers!

We are snow-covered, it was beautiful yesterday! The snow plow came through sometime last night, it snowed most of the day. High today and tomorrow is 30, mostly cloudy so not much melt, but Tuesday is 37, Wednesday is 54, Thurs 51, all with sun so it will all be gone quickly!

kb, excellent squirrel deterrent!

Lani, you are a wonderful rescuer, and the ones you rescue are so lucky you picked them... I know you would take them all if you could...I now totally understand how AZ handles the time thing, you never have to change your clock, you just change the time zone AZ is in. It would be like IA changing to MT , MD changing to CT...

Puff, safe travels over the pond today!

T40, thanks for all the fun videos, I had to show some of them to Ed! LOLOL!

Phyl, wonder where Aryana gets her cotton ball nesting material... eggs soon? I think #7 is going to make it at Sauces! Yay, they deserve a success! Love the black eagles, a new nest?

Lisa, love the cat house Jeff got for the feral cats! Misty is officially non-feral, she looks like a happy girl! Bandit is starting to like her, I bet it won't be long before they are curled up together...

tsk, hope you are doing well with your walking and healing! Talked to karen yesterday, she is walking on her own with the walker, making several trips a day. I think she really wants to go home now.

Dale Hollow has 3 chicks!     https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XdaJeCxu220

TY Jody Naimo

Stewards of the Upper Mississippi River Refuge - Eastern Bluebird, Cattail Park, Fulton, IL, 3/10/23    Thank you, Jerry Dahl

Never lie, steal, cheat, or drink. But if you must lie, lie in the arms of the one you love. If you must steal, steal away from bad company. If you must cheat, cheat death. And if you must drink, drink in the moments that take your breath away. ~ Unknown

LisaG1967

« Reply #2644 on: March 12, 2023, 09:20:54 AM »

Phyl - Thanks for saying they appreciate us  ;D

tsk - Jeff joked and said, I just hope a skunk doesn't try to get in the cat house, when a cat is in there.  :o

kb - I spy that 2nd tail.  :D  I hope you don't have to go out anywhere, and safe travels for sis!

clynn - Beautiful winter wonderland!  Jeff was looking for a cat house that you didn't have to plug in for warmth, and one that didn't sit down on the ground.  Awww, look at the lil one in the back at Dale Hollow, so cute!  I hope it gets is share of food.  I'm a sucker for the lil ones.

kbshcb

« Reply #2645 on: March 12, 2023, 09:53:26 AM »

I just became aware that virtuoso instrumentalist David Lindley has passed this month at 78.
There wasn't a string instrument he couldn't play.

Here are 2 popular songs, although he did play with other than Jackson Browne....these are with Jackson:
"For a Dancer" he plays the emotional violin:
https://youtu.be/ig6X3-9wxlI

and then at Red Rocks he plays the double necked lap steel guitar on "Your bright baby blues"
https://youtu.be/nLN7WrEiMlU?t=7

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #2646 on: March 12, 2023, 11:03:59 AM »

KB   Second tail??   Hope Sis gets home OK..

CLYNN   Thanks for Karen's update.  Sure looks like she is ready to head home.  How is Kay doing?
Chicagoland

kbshcb

« Reply #2647 on: March 12, 2023, 11:15:40 AM »

KB   Second tail??   Hope Sis gets home OK..

CLYNN   Thanks for Karen's update.  Sure looks like she is ready to head home.  How is Kay doing?

tsk - a second red tail is on top of the swingset in back..

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #2648 on: March 12, 2023, 11:58:10 AM »

Good morning Beakers!
Morning.Blschue, Lilbro, Lori, Clynn, Tsk, Lisa, Oldguy, Puff, Eagles, Kb, Tig, Baz, Phyl, Peep, Jaspurr, Pink, Jilltosa, Karen, BL, Eburg, Weasel, Ezee, Bggolden, T40, ssrl, Maxie, and All!

Oldguy, I just check Ryan Hall's twitter, he's reporting major flooding and I saw a few pics from northern California. I can imagine the flooding when the snow melts too.

Clynn, love your morning's posts. I remember nightly winter trips we would make home from KU basketball games. The open spaces of Kansas covered with snow and the moon shining bright over it all. Such beauty, To me it's God's winter blanket letting nature have a good rest before the awakening of Spring's glory... thanks for posting Naimoj pics of Dale Hollow sweet eaglets. I don't do Facebook anymore, well, rarely am I on it. So it's nice seeing her pics... beautiful snow pics... so happy for {{{Karen}}} Hugs and prayers for her continued progress!  ;D

{{{hugs Tsk}}}  ;)

Kb, pretty good looking squirrel deterrent  ;D. we have a pair here too. I read your comment to Tsk, now I can see the 2nd RT.

Puff, perfect book, have fun and safe travels  :)

Phyl, pretty hummer nest by mom.

BL, love Steve Winwood.

Lisa, Perfect B&B, bless you and Jeff for doing this, and sure it's very much appreciated by all, including by Pepe  ;D ... awww head butt is special acceptance by Misty to Bandit, it's a good sign. Bandit is just playing hard to get.  ;D

Royal Albatross - 3/12
Ranger Sharyn stopped by SP chick's, he was on guard duty, and some great wingersizes. Look how big he is!

https://twitter.com/i/status/1634827443537338368

All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #2649 on: March 12, 2023, 12:12:13 PM »

REWILDING ANNOUNCEMENT:
Zuko, a three-fingered sloth, arrived due to electrocution and will be released on March 14. He is from the north of Costa Rica! He will be driven to a wildlife ranger's office to be reintroduced into the wild in a familiar habitat.

NEW ARRIVALS:
Ziggy, a three-fingered sloth
, was found alone in an area without trees or food and probably got lost. He was dehydrated and hungry, but he is eating well.

Sloth Pre-School Updates:
Geo, 2F Sloth
: doing good, eating well, and gaining weight

Coco, 2F Sloth, and her friend Geo, the two-fingered sloth, are doing great.

Landon, 2F Sloth: Landon has been struggling lately but is improving with treatment. At the moment, he is under vet supervision. As you’ve noticed, he has been having bubbles and foam coming out of his mouth due to minor ulcers. Our vet team is investigating what could be causing this. Not to worry, he is still eating, and his response to treatment is favorable.

Pax & Liana, 2F Sloths: are doing well and receiving treatment. They both are under vet supervision due to the same symptoms we are experiencing with Landon. They both are responding well to treatment.

Roo, 2F Sloth: Too is doing well! He is exploring and eating well. We are happy with his progress.

Robin, 3F Sloth: he is doing fine and receiving physical therapy for a better quality of life.

In Loving Memory - We are sad these babies did not make it due to different issues.  :'(
Pele, a three-fingered sloth: has passed away from stomach torsion.
Shanit, a three-fingered sloth: has passed away due to pneumonia.

A friendly reminder: We are a critical care facility - Even though you do not see this on camera, the animals are under 24/7 vet care.

PLEASE READ THIS MESSAGE FROM OUR ANIMAL CARE STAFF:
Toucan Rescue Ranch has always been incredibly thoughtful and meticulous about the animals we announce to the world. The animals you see at our center are all rescues - usually from severe circumstances such as traffic accidents, electrocution from power lines, the illegal pet trade (suffering from malnutrition, abuse, and so forth), and other problems such as deforestation. With all this in mind, everyone must understand that each animal in our care is recovering from said incidents.

When you are watching Sloth Preschool, you are watching animals who are in a nursery hospital. All sloths are undergoing treatment and are under 24/7 care. Many orphans we care for may have lung issues and underdeveloped organs; the list is exhaustive. All cases require a veterinarian and a detailed treatment plan based on their condition.

That said, we have always had a rule only to announce animals once we know they are stable. However, the difference between Explore.org and Sloth TV is that you get an exclusive, behind-the-scenes look at animals, sometimes in intensive care. So, sadly, due to this, we may experience an animal's death - even doing everything in our absolute power to save them. Sometimes nature has another plan in store.

Moluccan Cockatoo - one of Leslie's rescues

India - Hyacinth Macaw

All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

BrokenLug

« Reply #2650 on: March 12, 2023, 02:26:11 PM »

kb you're at #8 in the all time MSP snow slot.
5 more inches for the rest of the season gets you in the top 5.

Then it can stop.   8)
U. S. A.

kbshcb

« Reply #2651 on: March 12, 2023, 03:21:38 PM »

kb you're at #8 in the all time MSP snow slot.
5 more inches for the rest of the season gets you in the top 5.

Then it can stop.   8)

LOL....why stop BL...might as well go for #1 at this point...just kidding ;)

Hmm, we also have gotten 5-7 inches of rain so far this winter...pretty sure that doesn't count as snow, but just imagine if it that precip was converted...and added :)
« Last Edit: March 12, 2023, 03:41:14 PM by kbshcb »

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #2652 on: March 12, 2023, 03:29:16 PM »

KB  I thought that might be one but was very camouflaged against the tree backround

LANI  Thanks for the Royal update and SP's growth rate and the update on the extensive work at TRR.  Lots of dedicated loving people.
Chicagoland

baziunc

• Queen of Decorah - April 10, 2016
« Reply #2653 on: March 12, 2023, 04:03:05 PM »

Happy Day, Beakers!  :)

"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, that is why it is called the present."   ― A.A. Milne

"Hope for the best and accept what comes." ― President Jimmy Carter, on Aug. 20, 2015, during press conference at The Carter Center

camperstig

• "Hoo hoo hoo hoo!"
« Reply #2654 on: March 12, 2023, 04:39:59 PM »

Baz... Lol
We're about to complete our 5 hr. drive in "conditions". Clear to partially to fully covered to ice and white out. I am channeling Bud Grant. Stoic. Looking forward to a burger and a beer in about 30 minutes.
TTFN
camper'sTIG - South Central MN
Decorah follower since Apr 2, 2011
"May Bob now soar with the eagles and dive with the falcons. You've left a living legacy behind on the earth" (barbells126)