Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2023  (Read 471009 times)

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
Re: Beak Room 2023
« Reply #2625 on: March 11, 2023, 08:11:17 PM »

Caturday 'Good Evening' And SEDs .

"Every new day begins with possibilities."
President Ronald Reagan  at  the 1985 Geneva Summit

#IstandwithEvan

BrokenLug

« Reply #2626 on: March 11, 2023, 10:35:36 PM »

All great posts this Caturday .. 2 stick out in my demented minds eye.

These 2 St. Paddy's Day Hooligans are playing it way too coy, they're in cahoots and way to copacetic.

Keep a Shamrock eye on these 2 wily ones Lisa.  :)

I always knew cats were Bishops.   ;D
U. S. A.

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #2627 on: March 11, 2023, 11:22:13 PM »

BL  ;D
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

BrokenLug

« Reply #2628 on: March 11, 2023, 11:24:56 PM »

Just a real world having been there done that thought.
A hippo flipped me and my very experienced river guide out of a water craft three full revolutions into the air and only assaulted just the conveyance.   
Boat was never seen again.
We were.

Note to self:
Don't underestimate to close to Moose or Hippos.
I think the only 5 planet critters to ever upset any of my water craft are a goose, beaver, bear, moose and a hippo.

I also know a marine mammal fin launched my sea kayak quite a bit in the air. You row you know.

That guide, A great Man very revered shared our experience frankly with me.
We shakily shared a very scary memory and a tepid Africans beer many years later in person.
He is gone now by natural causes. That hippo assault we share as our own. 

Kb, good story about hippos  ;D  You know if I lived in Florida or in gator states.
I would almost prefer a hippo floating around..
but, I bet Baz would disagree and I would understand  ;D. ...

Lani you might want to re-think that .. In fact, hippos are known as one (if not the most) deadliest land animals in the world.
An angry hippo can easily out pace a human, averaging 20 mph in short bursts, whereas a human can typically only run 6-8 mph.
The African Buffalo is another one that you want give a really wide berth to.

Saying that both are ornery and have a distinctly irritable disposition is a understatement.  :o   

https://a-z-animals.com/blog/hippo-attacks-how-dangerous-are-they-to-humans/

« Last Edit: March 12, 2023, 12:52:42 AM by BrokenLug »
U. S. A.

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #2629 on: March 11, 2023, 11:34:50 PM »

Kb, AZ doesn't move their clocks, we'll move to Pac Time, we were Mountain Time. But we don't change our clocks...  :-\ ... the coyotes are howling tonight! Sadie howls along with them.
Great post from BL to you! Great winter awards to you! ;D

T40, great videos... sad for the cats sensing earthquake, cat faking paw injury, gorgeous bird, but funny mating dance.... There are a lot of special Lindas out there, God Bless her... Awesome list of favorite small towns.

Lisa, yes, Bandit doesn't look happy LOL! But, Misty's chilling! LOL! 8) ... Jeff and a hippo. LOL!

{{{Hugs Tsk}}} we had 12 cats and 4 rescue dogs... there was an elementary school across of us, somehow these pups and cats always followed our girls home.  ??? ... I also had a stray that my favorite cat Weezel brought home one winter and stayed during the winter months. Black cat, I named him Mr Cat, I kept a place for him in the garage. I fixed a way for him to get into the garage in the winter, a covered box with little heating pad, food/water. He never allowed anyone near, except Weezel.... Be kind to yourself and take care.  :-*

BL, great post to KB.  ;D ... no worries for me, not planning to be near a hippo or gator unless its in a zoo. But I get what you're saying.  :)

Tig, rest in peace Bud Grant

Baz, OUCH! what a game! I took my wine glass, cheese/crackers and hid in my office... We think their heart wasn't in it for some reason. But Kudos to Texas! Played tough!

Oldguy, I hope you've had a good week. You and your better half are enjoying a fun night of cards and fellowship!   ;D

Eagles, Looking forward to hearing about your trip  ;D

Good night!

Sweet Eagle Dreams, Tsk, Oldguy, Lisa, Lilbro, Eagles, Baz, Lori, Karen, Puff, Pink, Clynn, Kb, Tig, Blschue, Phyl, BL and Pip, Godiva, Peep, Jaspurr, Ezee, Eburg, Lindy, RubyRed246, ssrl, Firetruck, Weasel, Jilltosa, Maxie, Masswatch, Paulie, DeborahG, MpMom and Pete, laniebelle, OnEagleWings, NWarg, Garmohoff, Nrstooge, WendyC3, Tigeag, T40, Ginger, Cwellsla, Nanimal, Bggolden, Nora, Rewrap4u, Eaglesrock, Teamcarnes, Seabeeinch, Walton, Sparky, Tulsaducati, Omasawyer, izzysamlikeseagles, bustopbird, Neva, Yank, Linda.L, smrf, nhJane.

Thinking of and missing, Peep, Jaspurr, Jilltosa, Wilson, Godiva, MpMom and Pete, Marrymo, Keystone, TxTeacher, Smb, Naimoj, Thyla/Anne, D7Birder, Indy, Neva, Smb, Alice, and those who have not been with us for a while.

Prayers For Tsk, Eagle's Kris, Lori and her grandma Clute, Puff, Tsk's friend Pam and Hubby, Pink's mother, Karen, Maxie and Larry, Camper's daughter, Ed's sis Gina, Tsk's Barb & Tom, Baz great niece and family, Tim, Peep's friend's family, Clynn's DIL's mom, Ed's friend Greg, Tsk's friend, Clynn's friend Kay, Puff's brother, Masswatch hubby Jamey, Pip's Dad, Ezee, EagleFanDave, Tim's Uncle, Paulie's granddaughter Madison, Emy and family, Clynn's mom and Ed,  Lori's grandmother, Tim, Tim's son and grandson, WW JW, Keystone, Jilltosa, Eaglesrock cousin Michael, Thyla/Anne, Neva's family, Weasel and family, and All here in need of healing and comforting.

Prayers for SWFL Dad and eaglets, and Harriets return.
Sauces Family.🙏

Special Prayers For Tsk, Phyl, Jim and Maggie, Karen, Blschue and family, Eagle's Kris, Lori and family, Phyl's BIL Danny and brother Dan.

Special prayers for All God's creature great and small, For SWFL Harriet and nest, NEFL Samson and Gabriella, Black Bear Ted, Lucy, Reggae, Taffy Apple, Maggie, Little One and all those like her, Dunrovin Harriet, Hellgate Iris, TRR rescue babies, Eagles's Star, The Fairy Penguins, Berry Mom,  Juliet and Romeo, Lucy and Larry, Alaska Bears and Wolves that they be saved, Decorah, E2/D1, Dr Rogers and Black bears Shadow and family and Wildlife Research Institute, and All God's creatures great and small.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2023, 11:38:55 PM by Lani »
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

BrokenLug

« Reply #2630 on: March 12, 2023, 01:29:07 AM »

U. S. A.

T40cfr403

« Reply #2631 on: March 12, 2023, 01:42:14 AM »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eoSn2Y-b6wI

BL - That tune is very special for me. Thanks for putting me in the wayback machine for a few minutes. 8)

Here's what I'm listening to these days, even though I'm a little late to the party: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NwgEELSShrU
Only within the moment of time represented by the present century has one species -- man -- acquired significant power to alter the nature of the world.
― Rachel Carson, Silent Spring

Phyl

« Reply #2632 on: March 12, 2023, 06:09:40 AM »

Good Morning  Everyone  and...

#IstandwithEvan

Phyl

« Reply #2633 on: March 12, 2023, 06:16:29 AM »

47 F  cloudy .  High of  53 F and cloudy .  Evening/night  36 F mostly cloudy skies.

Hi Lilbro  been thinking about you and  yours. Hope all's well.

{{{Tsk}}} hope  you're doing  better this AM. Easy does it .

Clynn any news from Karen---how's she doing?

Oldguy  hope you both had some winning hands last night. And a good time had by all. Fresh work week ahead hope it’s good to you. And my Jim.

Hi Eagles  How’s Star? Bet you got lots of wet kisses.  ;)

BL nice acoustic by Steve Winwood last night ---first time I’ve heard that song—like his rendition Tks

How right you are about Hippos. They are savage /scary carnivores.
Fairly accurate portrayal of them in remake of  1995 Jumanji  . Absolutely nothing ‘cute’ about them.

T40 like so many---first heard " Anyhow" on a Chevrolet truck  commercial.  Awesome song/voice. Really enjoyed the band.  Now I know more.  Tks for posting  .;) :)

Lisa Bandit and Misty, wonder what those two are up to while their humans are snoozing.  :o  LOL

Bischue and Nrstooge hope y'all are okay

#IstandwithEvan

Phyl

« Reply #2634 on: March 12, 2023, 06:26:52 AM »

Sauces Bald Eagles - Channel Islands
Mar 12, 2023 6:18 AM
Camera Time: Mar 12, 2023 4:17 AM PDT
Birchwoman (Me)

Oh Audi.  :-*     Love you Sauces family!

Chat:
skip32
7 hours ago
She has been panting or breathing with her mouth open every time I checked in today. It wasn't overly hot earlier and is in the mid 50's now.

From Chat this AM:

bzfinch
an hour ago
More preening then stepped away briefly

Me: egg looks good  ;)
« Last Edit: March 12, 2023, 07:05:46 AM by Phyl »

#IstandwithEvan

Phyl

« Reply #2635 on: March 12, 2023, 06:31:59 AM »

Black Eagles of Roodekrans

New cam is located in Betty's Bay, Stony Point in the Overberg region of the Western Cape, South Africa.

Mar 11, 2023 10:01 PM
Camera Time: Mar 12, 2023 5:59 AM SAST

Mar 11, 2023 4:11 AM
Camera Time: Mar 11, 2023 12:10 PM SAST
Libbiticus

...and...

« Last Edit: March 12, 2023, 06:35:40 AM by Phyl »

#IstandwithEvan

Phyl

« Reply #2636 on: March 12, 2023, 06:33:02 AM »

Now up to date

Black Eagles of Roodekrans
Mar 10, 2023 12:30 AM
Camera Time: Mar 10, 2023 8:28 AM SAST
CrisRO

#IstandwithEvan

LisaG1967

« Reply #2637 on: March 12, 2023, 06:38:09 AM »

Good Morning Beakers....Happy Sunday!

Lani - Oh my, I think I would be confused with your time change thing.  LOL, love how the kitties and pups followed your girls home! 

Phyl
- Bandit seems to be warming up more.  Have not heard any more hissing at each other last evening or this morning.  Here is a pic of the new B&B that we bought and put together yesterday.  It is insulated, with a shingle roof, and the top opens.  I hope these cats appreciate us.   ;D

baz - OMG, that is too funny...that was exactly Bandit's Caturday Cattitude!  ;D ;D

tsk - That was my same thought when I saw the pic Jeff took...if looks could kill.  Bandit seems to be accepting that someone else is in the house.  He wants to get by her, but she wants to head butt him and he is like, ummm no!  ;D

tig - RIP Bud Grant

Phyl

« Reply #2638 on: March 12, 2023, 06:51:58 AM »

Lisa  believe me the feral cats appreciate the BB you've provided. BTW , new BB   has some wonderful features   and  looks great!    ;) Tks for the snap.
Awwww Misty  :-*  Poor Bandit, not quite ready for the ultimate "I really like you.",  head butt. So glad he's getting more accepting and friendlier toward her.   And, hissing has stopped.  ;)

#IstandwithEvan

Phyl

« Reply #2639 on: March 12, 2023, 06:53:08 AM »

Aryana Hummingbird
Mar 11, 2023 12:07 PM
Camera Time: Mar 11, 2023 10:06 AM PST

Working on her nest