Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2023  (Read 470276 times)

clynndunn

• For the love of Eagles....
Re: Beak Room 2023
« Reply #2535 on: March 09, 2023, 07:11:31 AM »

Good Morning Beakers!

[img width=337

http://36 right now, high 37. Yesterday the snow prediction was 5-8", now it's 1-3".

Puff, like what you say about sharing your knowledge and 'special powers'! We all have something we excel at and it feels good to share with those that we care about! It keeps us all learning!

Phyl, what a wonderful video of a bird's first flight! They all looked familiar! Glad to see that #7 is still hanging in there at Sauces! Great different view at GSB!

Lisa, love the good morning pic!  So how is that pile of baby girl things going? I am remembering all of the things I acquired so that I would be ready...Pack 'n Play, bouncy seat, walker, high chair...not to mention the clothes.

Lani, funny about Barbies...my sister and I each had one, both had the Bubble haircut. And I think we each also had a Midge doll, and we played and played with them. No houses, furniture or anything. Just the clothes our Grandmother made for them.  Bella has 10 'Barbies' here our our house (even the Ken dolls are Barbies), along with a lot of accessories and clothes.  Its crazy. We played with them through 6th grade, I can remember playing with them on the concrete patio in Arizona. I still have mine, along with the case.  Dang, it's easy to go off on a tangent...but it seem like not that long ago...   Love your happy dance for tsk!

E4E, hope you and Kris are having a wonderful time!  Earth will still be here when you return...  ;D

SF Bay Ospreys - Rosie. Smart, courageous, dedicated, tireless, inspiring.
Happy National Women’s Day.     Watch live at www.sfbayospreys.org.

« Last Edit: March 09, 2023, 08:10:35 AM by clynndunn »
Never lie, steal, cheat, or drink. But if you must lie, lie in the arms of the one you love. If you must steal, steal away from bad company. If you must cheat, cheat death. And if you must drink, drink in the moments that take your breath away. ~ Unknown

kbshcb

« Reply #2536 on: March 09, 2023, 07:14:33 AM »

Singing!....cool pic.

Morning all.

Ollie is tied to his lead...attached to a pole...and is hooked to the house...Scott's idea and people are impressed with it when they see it...I can tie him up under the roof of my steps and not get wet.

No real melting here....Andrew plowed a little too close on my grass and cut a deep line in it.....ugg, I had to throw the now cut grass on top of my snow pile.

Am questioning for next year whether or not to go with the snowblower guy or the plow guy.
The plow definitely wears my driveway out faster....the snowblower guy is more expensive?...will need to mull it over next year and make a decision.

What fun Puff...and also for Eagles4.....still jealous Eagles4! ;) ;)

LisaG1967

« Reply #2537 on: March 09, 2023, 07:32:30 AM »

This is Bradley and Kelly's wedding pics from the photographer.  I think I might have figured out how to share the link.  If you can view, please let me know.
https://mcarterphotos.pic-time.com/-kellyandbrad/gallery

clynn - The pile of baby girl clothes is coming along nicely.  Jeff's supervisor has a lil girl, and they are not planning on having any other children, so he gave Bradley & Kelly a pack-n-play and high chair.  Both are in very good shape.  Great pic of Rosie!  Our ospreys are just now returning to their nests here. 

kb - Cool pic of the singing!  I know you will make the right decision on what to do for next year with your plow or blower guys. 

camperstig

• "Hoo hoo hoo hoo!"
« Reply #2538 on: March 09, 2023, 08:34:22 AM »

Bounce
All good here. Got my tooties done yesterday and a consult for cut n color next week. Going out to clean the patio now before the next dump of snow today.
Hi E4E. Puff... Safe travels.. you're the best.
TTFN
camper'sTIG - South Central MN
Decorah follower since Apr 2, 2011
"May Bob now soar with the eagles and dive with the falcons. You've left a living legacy behind on the earth" (barbells126)

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #2539 on: March 09, 2023, 09:10:34 AM »

HI EVERYONE

37 heading to 40 - cloudy rain/snow later today

KB  Ollie on patrol out the front window

CLYNN   A scrambled egg Mc Muffin!!  Ham and provolone.   Sweet Bella - hope she doesn't have a cold.  Love the braids

LORI   Love those 3 geese walking in the snow.  ;D

BAZI    LOLOL  Seinfeld  ;D ;D

EAGLES  Sounds like you got a wonderful Anniversary treat from Puff  ;D ;D

LANI   LOL  The little girl and her "happy dance".  Grandma/Grandpa had some time on Kauai with grandbaby.  ;D

PHYL  Today will be my 8 minute walk 3 times.  ;) ;)   Nice piece on fledging.  We can read this with some intelligence as we have observed so much of this world.  Lulu did not miss me but Tim did.   LOL

PUFF  Your week coming up sounds arduous but you will be the expert when the conference concludes.
Chicagoland

Puff

« Reply #2540 on: March 09, 2023, 10:11:38 AM »

Bounce
All good here. Got my tooties done yesterday and a consult for cut n color next week. Going out to clean the patio now before the next dump of snow today.
Hi E4E. Puff... Safe travels.. you're the best.
TTFN

Thanks tig -- We really have a great group!

My hair this afternoon - Pedi tomorrow 
(Secret Shhhhh My toes are still green and red.  Embarrassing)

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #2541 on: March 09, 2023, 10:29:09 AM »

Royal Albatross cam - 3/8
News flash  📸
The DNA results are back, and SP chick is a male!
The last time there was a male chick was in 2017 with the young Tumanako ROR.

Ranger Sharyn's update below, and happy watching.
https://twitter.com/i/status/1633378129430609920

Good morning Beakers!
Morning.Blschue, Lilbro, Lori, Clynn, Tsk, Lisa, Oldguy, Puff, Eagles, Kb, Tig, Baz, Phyl, Peep, Jaspurr, Pink, Jilltosa, Karen, BL, Eburg, Weasel, Ezee, Bggolden, T40, ssrl, Maxie, and All!

Tsk, Kauai niece will be on Oahu for conference next week, so great niece will be staying with my sister/BIL. It'll be a love fest!!  ;D

Tig  ;D

Lisa, the wedding photos are lovely, Bradley and Kelly are adorable. Many warm wishes are sent their way! And thanks for letting us view their gallery.  ;D

Kb, great morning pic! You are blessed to have two choices of helpers...  Just my thoughts, Andrew has been tremendous help to you, I've read about him in all your posts. If you got a good helper he's a keeper. To find help here is difficult. So I do it myself. I have no choice since Mike can no longer do physical work. I don't bug him about it, it's not his fault. I plant a kiss on him and quietly move on. I'm looking for someone to help me cut down a couple of dead oaks and help me with the heavy firewising this spring. I can't do it alone anymore. When the wash behind our home is dried it's difficult for me to carry the big trash bags full of dead brush/debri across it and up the wash to the road. So, I say YIKES! It is what it is and I move on. Like you do.  ;D

Clynn, YIKES is right, then move on... Fun memories with your sister  ;D .... Rosie  :-*. I love ospreys my heart can hardly wait to see Iris again.

{{{Puff}}}, I hope you'll share your conference news with us. You should write a book. :)

Phyl, Thanks for nests pics/updates... when I was in school, I enjoyed doing the Highlight lessons as extra credit during school hours. My Barbie was a Santa gift. I made her clothes.
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

Puff

« Reply #2542 on: March 09, 2023, 10:37:50 AM »

Andres Mauricio Vasquez Lasso

Sad local news - Young Chicago policeman killed working a domestic abuse case.  32 years.  St. Rita Church, beautiful church I first visited when a teen.  A dear friend from college and a "southside Irish" saint of a gal also remembered there, passed about 3 years ago.  Beautiful campus, for years a catholic monestary; now affiliated with coed St. Rita high school.

Young wife gave my point of view during her thank you words:

If only she had given him an extra hug or kiss the morning of . ..

Those were my words of advice that most of you heard from me at the time I lost Ton -- Hugs, Hugs are the answer, more so than words, HUGS.  You never know.

P

« Last Edit: March 09, 2023, 10:49:08 AM by Puff »

camperstig

• "Hoo hoo hoo hoo!"
« Reply #2543 on: March 09, 2023, 10:49:34 AM »

bounce

Nice reminder (((Puff))) ... will do. And my one pretty big toe was hiding evidence of a bruise. Hmmm. 

KB - I would keep them both on my "good" list, and gently remind Andrew to watch for the edges... and/or erect driveway markers next Fall. ??????? I need to remind myself next Fall to move the snow (that the crew removes from the roof and shovels from the path) even farther back from the house so I have room to snow rake what I can reach.
Time to watch some high school hockey (after a few tasks)
BBL
camper'sTIG - South Central MN
Decorah follower since Apr 2, 2011
"May Bob now soar with the eagles and dive with the falcons. You've left a living legacy behind on the earth" (barbells126)

baziunc

• Queen of Decorah - April 10, 2016
« Reply #2544 on: March 09, 2023, 11:27:36 AM »

Hi Beakers!  HAPPY DAY!  :)

I'm off to run an errand, and then I will be engaged in some "March Madness."  ;) :D

So... Later, gators!  :D

P.S. Lani, I will be checking in regularly on "your game" this afternoon, and listening for Mike's "whoops" on the wind.  ;) :D  At the same time as "your game," I will also be checking in on the game being played by my team's biggest rival team (you-know-who). My team plays tonight.

« Last Edit: March 09, 2023, 11:29:18 AM by baziunc »
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, that is why it is called the present."   ― A.A. Milne

"Hope for the best and accept what comes." ― President Jimmy Carter, on Aug. 20, 2015, during press conference at The Carter Center

Lani

« Reply #2545 on: March 09, 2023, 12:02:45 PM »

We've got the games on now, Wake Forest vs Miami.

Bill Self will not be coaching the game today.
They just announced he's ill.  :(. He was at practice yesterday.

Anway, it'll be all basketball on the tv now!!!  ;D

Good luck  8)
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

Lani

« Reply #2546 on: March 09, 2023, 12:03:21 PM »

bounce

Nice reminder (((Puff))) ... will do. And my one pretty big toe was hiding evidence of a bruise. Hmmm. 

KB - I would keep them both on my "good" list, and gently remind Andrew to watch for the edges... and/or erect driveway markers next Fall. ??????? I need to remind myself next Fall to move the snow (that the crew removes from the roof and shovels from the path) even farther back from the house so I have room to snow rake what I can reach.
Time to watch some high school hockey (after a few tasks)
BBL

Tig, good suggestions for Kb.

kbshcb

« Reply #2547 on: March 09, 2023, 12:36:39 PM »

Lani and tig - I agree with both of your comments..

My heart tugs for Andrew of course but it is good to know Trevor is available as a back up...he too did a good job. Andrew helps me all year long as well.

For those who don't live in the tundra, some of my thoughts on my choice...if not interested, scroll on by ;)

A plow leaves stuck to the tar tire tracks that in Dec-Feb are like ice and hard to remove but I do..
A plow will definitely scrape the tar and make it deteriorate faster.
A snowblower can throw the snow deeper into my garden making piles along the driveway shorter..
A plow is cheaper than a blower, the blower takes more time...
I could plan on sealing my driveway more frequently like annually rather than every other year as it's an older driveway but it's foundation is good.
This defeats the idea that its cheaper to use a plow over snowblower however.
Trevor will come to me first, Andrew I am last on his least as I don't believe in paying a flat rate for a whole season in advance.

Like I said my heart and loyalty to Andrew will probably prevail unless either of them do something different next season.

None of this would make that much of a difference except for our historic record amount of snow this year.
Hoping for an average year next year...

T40cfr403

Only within the moment of time represented by the present century has one species -- man -- acquired significant power to alter the nature of the world.
― Rachel Carson, Silent Spring

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #2549 on: March 09, 2023, 02:03:49 PM »

LANI   SP finally a male arrives   Love fest for sure.   ;D ;D  Hope Sis can send some pics :)   Too bad there isn't some local association newsletter where people with skills can meet with those who don't have skills.
Chicagoland