Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2023  (Read 471488 times)

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
Re: Beak Room 2023
« Reply #2175 on: February 26, 2023, 05:54:21 PM »

Tsk  enjoyed the breakfast today.  ;)   

Clynn nice AM greetings today.   'Merci mille fois' for the Decorah nest history.  Even after  9 yrs  so much to have witnessed and anguished...printed for reference.
Enjoyed your SWFL photo update as well as the photo of watchful HD and HM brooding her egglets.

Watch your steps Tig;)

Sounds like a lot of snow for  you Lani

Lisa Shells in crab cakes or anything, blah.

Clynn thanks for Big Bear Lake Eagles photo, awwwJackie  :-* :-* :-*

Hi ssrl the members map is interesting

OG LOL my location is off.  Which is cool to the max.  But the city is correct.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2023, 06:00:54 PM by Phyl »
"Every new day begins with possibilities."
President Ronald Reagan  at  the 1985 Geneva Summit

#IstandwithEvan

Phyl

« Reply #2176 on: February 26, 2023, 06:00:40 PM »

Great map for Lani, BL 
Lori No comment on shoes due to self rerimanation. But do take care. Be watchful on that bump onforehead.  ;)  Wow! Centennial for you Grandma.  ;)
Every single baby mammal and bird is adorable. Hippo is so funny

BL
N1 comments ...this is the first egg in N1 I've seen as the first was 2 yrs prior to my joining Forum, etc.  However, your egglet naming logic seems  spot on.
We did similar with out bluebirds 20 + yrs ago  commencing  with Cane Ridge or CR....CR-1, 2,. 3, 4....CR 47.

LOL Baz  you're sooooooo funny.   ;D
« Last Edit: February 27, 2023, 03:43:08 AM by Phyl »

#IstandwithEvan

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #2177 on: February 26, 2023, 06:03:43 PM »

BAZI  Tell that to the bishop  LOL  Tongue in cheek?
Chicagoland

T40cfr403

« Reply #2178 on: February 26, 2023, 06:07:13 PM »

Only within the moment of time represented by the present century has one species -- man -- acquired significant power to alter the nature of the world.
― Rachel Carson, Silent Spring

oldguy

« Reply #2179 on: February 26, 2023, 06:16:31 PM »

Hello Beakers

It has been a sunny and warm day here - high of 56  :o  our peak wind gust was only 10mph this afternoon - I see that everything from the Rockys East to W. Vir. /Kent./Tenn./Ga and south of the Iowa Mo. border is under a wind advisory.  Rain to get here about midnight and stay in the low 40s.
Ryan is going live at 6:15pm to cover the storms   -   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NHFe3UWS3Jc

All About the Fun and Curious Nesting Behavior of Carolina Wrens   -   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gad__sN7ZSw

Cards were almost good last night, just not good enough - 0 of 2 - but both were close games.

SE Iowa - Grew up within 40 miles of Decorah

Eagles4evr1116

• Mom Decorah. Fan since 04/06/2011.
« Reply #2180 on: February 26, 2023, 06:59:04 PM »

Doing some catch up in here, I haven't posted since yesterday morning - good reason tho - we had our Grandson and we went out driving to some beaches;  Rio Del Mar, Seacliff, Capitola and Capitola Village over here in CA (this was yesterday).  When we got home, we watched stuff on TV (so I never had time to get back on my laptop, as I was enjoying having time with our Grandson).     I made us a good breakfast this morning that included his favorite; Bacon & Pancakes (he skipped having an egg).  Took him home a while ago - had a wonderful weekend together - I am so happy.

Tsk - Love the darling pic of Lulu napping so comfortably on your computer chair - but then that leaves you with no chair! :-\   The N1 news is so wonderful! :)

Puff - Notre Dame Cathedral;  that would be an awesome trip for you if you decide to go. ;) :)

Lani - Hope all went well with Amy's trip - if she got some good info, then that's good for her in the decision making!  Thanks for posting on the hatchery nest;  I had that live cam up today on my kitchen table!  I still check in on the SWFL nest too!!

Baz - Good Caturday stuff!  Kissing booth; Lol!

Tig - Wow, more action than you probably wanted - yikes!!  Sounds like all went well and that you guys had a good outing! :)

Lori - Lovely post for Pip & BL's birthdays - you really do such special things for all the Beakers!

T40 - Awesome stuff for Caturday!  Your bonus 'when a man loves a woman' was so CUTE!!!

Phyl - I bet your newly done nails are real nice!  I agree with you about the Alligator debate!  Beautiful cam pics!!

Puff - Nice to read how you came into watching the Decorah nest back in 2011.  I was watching a local news channel (KION 46) back then, and they did a segment on the Decorah eagles and gave some good information and I signed onto the Live Cam and I was in Love!!  I became hooked immediately. 

LisaG - I have been polishing my nails for a couple of years - wanted to give my nails a rest from the salon.  But this week, I am going in to get my nails done with a 'powder' coat.  I am doing this as we are leaving on vacation to Hawaii this Saturday!

Clynn - Thank you so much for posting the Decorah nest history  ;D   Love all the nest pics and info!

Ssrl - Great to see you!  I don't have that link, but I'm sure someone does!   Okay, I just saw that Oldguy came thru for you - no surprise! :)

BL - I totally agree with what you posted about hatchery E's and everything else!

Oldguy - Wish the cards would have been in your favor last night - but hope you had a nice time and some good appetizers!

All have a good night - hugs to all.

BrokenLug

« Reply #2181 on: February 26, 2023, 09:53:43 PM »

Back at the hacienda, all of our critters have sloppy kissed us and us them.   :)
Great fun time at the cabin in the Catskills with old friends.   :)

At sunrise an awesome Flutist audio d to all the forest birds and they all sang back to her in perfect pitch and harmony.
Pip and I looked at each other and just smiled.  Serenade.
Here and it's environs are protected for our sunsets and many to come.

Pip's shout out via I .. "Thank you all Beakers for the B-Day well wishes" ..
.. and something about cakes, donuts, deserts, thighs and 2 huge aspirin .. 

Lori D  :-* special shout out .
Kopje frolicked like a champion on 'his mountain' with the native critters the entire time.  8)

1 short piercing whistle, heel, good boy .. good boy. ,, ,, sitting tail wagging off my left hip.  8)
« Last Edit: February 26, 2023, 10:23:21 PM by BrokenLug »
U. S. A.

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #2182 on: February 26, 2023, 09:54:15 PM »

Hi guys! I'm here Clynn!  Posting some babies after being inspired by Lani's "lab" this morning.  Oh yea, and there is a baby donkey for Bazi ;) Thanks e4e and ALL of you asking about me... that fall on the ice has happened before, this time was just bruising on my arm & hip and a couple cuts, not a big deal.  The cut of my head is healing along with the bump. lol :) Next time I will wear some proper shoes, (I was wearing my house sketcher summer flip flops to get the mail) what a DORK!  I hope everyone is doing ok and I am off to Grandma's house today.  She will be 100 in April! Bless her heart 💜 Take care love & hugs and prayers Lori

Lori's Ark  :-*   
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #2183 on: February 26, 2023, 11:26:46 PM »

{{{Hugs Lori}}} I hope you had a lovely visit with your grandma... Take care and safe traveling when you doing your errands.  :-*

Clynn, thanks for beautiful pics from Big Bear Valley eagles. Lots of snow there. I hope all will be okay with the eggs.

BL, Sounds like you and Pip had a great birthday weekend!  ;D    Thanks for the weather info! We heard maybe another 6, but 8-12. Mike said, we're 5 inches ahead of what's normal for this time of year. And we didn't think we'd get much of a winter.

{{{Tsk}}} Aly's home  :). She liked the family center and staff very much. Loved the area. They drove her through Medford, Jacksonville and Ashland.

Baz, love your post on alligators vs fish! LOL! The Bishop must have a gator farm.  ;D

Oldguy, I watched Ryan and Leslie. Thanks... the cards will be better next Saturday!

Eagles, I enjoy reading your family stories. Sounds like a lovely weekend with grandson. Aly arrived home around 8 tonight. She said the snow had melted, so all was well driving on N87.  hasn't made the final decision, too many things need to happen (getting state licenses)  But, they have offered her a job, they'll give her a month to decide. If she accepts she'll move in May. I think she'll take it. we'll miss her and Dewey... I just read your post to Lisa. Where are you going in Hawaii?  ;D

Good night!

Sweet Eagle Dreams, Tsk, Oldguy, Lisa, Lilbro, Eagles, Baz, Lori, Karen, Puff, Pink, Clynn, Kb, Tig, Blschue, Phyl, BL and Pip, Godiva, Peep, Jaspurr, Ezee, Eburg, Lindy, RubyRed246, ssrl, Firetruck, Weasel, Jilltosa, Maxie, Masswatch, Paulie, DeborahG, MpMom and Pete, laniebelle, OnEagleWings, NWarg, Garmohoff, Nrstooge, WendyC3, Tigeag, T40, Ginger, Cwellsla, Nanimal, Bggolden, Nora, Rewrap4u, Eaglesrock, Teamcarnes, Seabeeinch, Walton, Sparky, Tulsaducati, Omasawyer, izzysamlikeseagles, bustopbird, Neva, Yank, Linda.L, smrf, nhJane.

Thinking of and missing, Peep, Jaspurr, Jilltosa, Wilson, Godiva, MpMom and Pete, Marrymo, Keystone, TxTeacher, Smb, Naimoj, Thyla/Anne, D7Birder, Indy, Neva, Smb, Alice, and those who have not been with us for a while.

Prayers For Tsk, Eagle's Kris, Lori and her grandma Clute, Puff, Tsk's friend Pam and Hubby, Pink's mother, Karen, Maxie and Larry, Camper's daughter, Ed's sis Gina, Tsk's Barb & Tom, Baz great niece and family, Tim, Peep's friend's family, Clynn's DIL's mom, Ed's friend Greg, Tsk's friend, Clynn's friend Kay, Puff's brother, Masswatch hubby Jamey, Pip's Dad, Ezee, EagleFanDave, Tim's Uncle, Paulie's granddaughter Madison, Emy and family, Clynn's mom and Ed,  Lori's grandmother, Tim, Tim's son and grandson, WW JW, Keystone, Jilltosa, Eaglesrock cousin Michael, Thyla/Anne, Neva's family, Weasel and family, and All here in need of healing and comforting.

Prayers for SWFL Dad and eaglets, and Harriets return.

Special Prayers For Tsk, Phyl, Jim and Maggie, Karen, Blschue and family, Eagle's Kris, Lori and family, Phyl's BIL Danny and brother Dan.

Special prayers for All God's creature great and small, For SWFL Harriet and nest, NEFL Samson and Gabriella, Black Bear Ted, Lucy, Reggae, Taffy Apple, Maggie, Little One and all those like her, Dunrovin Harriet, Hellgate Iris, TRR rescue babies, Eagles's Star, The Fairy Penguins, Berry Mom,  Juliet and Romeo, Lucy and Larry, Alaska Bears and Wolves that they be saved, Decorah, E2/D1, Dr Rogers and Black bears Shadow and family and Wildlife Research Institute, and All God's creatures great and small.
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

BrokenLug

« Reply #2184 on: February 27, 2023, 12:12:40 AM »

I do believe this here bluey is ready for a real tundra walkabout with a BL.

Better have your kit together kid. I don't stride lightly.   ;)

Who's tail is still wagging at the end of day 7 on beef jerky.

You know my tail is.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2023, 12:28:36 AM by BrokenLug »
U. S. A.

Phyl

« Reply #2185 on: February 27, 2023, 06:20:52 AM »

Right now,  59F wind advisory until  12AM 2-28. gusts to 45 mph   .  High of 76 F scattered showers .
Evening/night 47F .

Hi Lilbro

Hi Karen, Pink, bbgolden and Nrstooge

{{Tsk}} sending prayers for you this week and then some

Eagles thanks.   Cute 'Good Night' Sounds like a great visit w/grandson and all those beach spots.  Have a wonderful vaca in Hawaii---what's your itinerary?

T40 interesting story about how the ice pillars in the sky reflect light hence 'light pillars'

Oldguy Gee. Too bad about the games last night.Perhaps better luck next weekend.   And we're still under wind advisory untill 6pm tomorrow at 45mph

BL/Pip back home safe and sound with warm sweet greetings from the 'critters'; great time in the Catskills  :)

Lori hope your visit w/Grandma was nice

Lani  Sounds like good offer for Aly/Dewey

#IstandwithEvan

Phyl

« Reply #2186 on: February 27, 2023, 06:22:14 AM »

Just to brighten those 'Monday Back To Work
 Blues'...

#IstandwithEvan

Phyl

« Reply #2187 on: February 27, 2023, 06:22:37 AM »

#IstandwithEvan

Phyl

« Reply #2188 on: February 27, 2023, 06:27:12 AM »

Bald eagles work together to build nest
Two nesting bald eagles worked together to place a stick in the perfect spot.

February 26, 2023
https://abcnews.go.com/US/video/bald-eagles-work-build-nest-97483135

#IstandwithEvan

Phyl

« Reply #2189 on: February 27, 2023, 06:31:07 AM »

Decorah Eagles
Feb 27, 2023 6:29 AM