Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2023  (Read 470225 times)

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
Re: Beak Room 2023
« Reply #2160 on: February 26, 2023, 11:15:43 AM »

Happy snowy Sunday Beakers!
Morning Blschue, Lilbro, Lori, Clynn, Tsk, Lisa, Oldguy, Puff, Eagles, Kb, Tig, Baz, Phyl, Peep, Jaspurr, Pink, Jilltosa, Karen, BL, Eburg, Weasel, Ezee, Bggolden, T40, ssrl, Maxie, and All!

It's been snowing since midnight. We have 4 to 6 inches in our area.

{{{Tig}}}

Clynn, thanks for "Decorah Eaglets and Outcomes" as well as news about SWFL. I just wish Godzilla would stop pecking at E22, but at least Dad makes sure 22 gets food.

Phyl, thanks for RRP blog! Great news! Beautiful morning pics.

Puff, Lisa, thanks for great pics of our HM and HD on the Decorah thread. I clicked to Live cam back to time of HM laying egg and watched. It's the circle of life, I'm so happy to see our beautiful Y nest filled with life again. Praying for a good season for our young family.  :-*. Our beautiful Decorah Mom, Dad and DM2 will be in our hearts always. I'm praying for good news about them too.

All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

LisaG1967

« Reply #2161 on: February 26, 2023, 11:27:28 AM »

Phyl - Beautiful sunrise pic from Flyway.

tsk - I can just taste that croissant in my morning pic.  ;D

clynn;D ;D  I like crabcakes without shells in it, too!  I wonder what RRP will call the new eaglets at N1. Thanks for the SWFL update and love the pic of HD & HM. 

tig - Oh no, sorry you are having a time getting use to your mouth guard.  Hope you get use to it.

Lani - Wow, you got quite a bit of snow.  So glad you got to see the egg being laid on rewind. 

clynndunn

• For the love of Eagles....
« Reply #2162 on: February 26, 2023, 11:41:50 AM »

Where are you Lori?

Big Bear Lake Eagles - Jackie yesterday, then this morning...
Never lie, steal, cheat, or drink. But if you must lie, lie in the arms of the one you love. If you must steal, steal away from bad company. If you must cheat, cheat death. And if you must drink, drink in the moments that take your breath away. ~ Unknown

ssrl

« Reply #2163 on: February 26, 2023, 11:46:08 AM »

Good morning everyone.  I just realized I lost my bookmark to the link we had that shows the Beaker's locations (for those of us that wanted to share).  Can someone post the link again please.  Have a great day all.  Sunny and bright here today!!

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #2164 on: February 26, 2023, 11:59:52 AM »

CLYNN   Thanks for posting RRP nest coverage in review.  So much we have experienced.  :o

TIG  I think I would have a rough night as well.  Hope tonight goes better.  Maybe just a few hours one night and progress gradually??

LANI   You sure are getting some nice precip to fill the reservoirs.  Must be beautiful looking out your windows  :)   " Follow me to the lab"  LOL
Chicagoland

oldguy

« Reply #2165 on: February 26, 2023, 12:10:22 PM »

SE Iowa - Grew up within 40 miles of Decorah

ssrl

« Reply #2166 on: February 26, 2023, 12:18:20 PM »

Thanks OG.

BrokenLug

« Reply #2167 on: February 26, 2023, 12:31:41 PM »

It's been snowing since midnight. We have 4 to 6 inches in our area.

Lani heads up mid week.
The forecast in Payson is for another 8" to 12" on top of what you get today.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2023, 12:33:15 PM by BrokenLug »
U. S. A.

LORIDAVIS

• Peace Love Unity & Respect
    • Facebook
« Reply #2168 on: February 26, 2023, 12:33:05 PM »

Hi guys! I'm here Clynn!  Posting some babies after being inspired by Lani's "lab" this morning.  Oh yea, and there is a baby donkey for Bazi ;) Thanks e4e and ALL of you asking about me... that fall on the ice has happened before, this time was just bruising on my arm & hip and a couple cuts, not a big deal.  The cut of my head is healing along with the bump. lol :) Next time I will wear some proper shoes, (I was wearing my house sketcher summer flip flops to get the mail) what a DORK!  I hope everyone is doing ok and I am off to Grandma's house today.  She will be 100 in April! Bless her heart 💜 Take care love & hugs and prayers Lori
« Last Edit: February 26, 2023, 12:35:38 PM by LORIDAVIS »
Lori Davis
AcuraRacerGirl

BrokenLug

« Reply #2169 on: February 26, 2023, 12:58:57 PM »

Amy was saying that the last time an egg was laid in Nest 01 was in 2012 on 02/24/2012. 11 years ago.

We all 1st started watching N1 in 2011 - "The year of the Diva" - She was D10 - laid on this day 02/26/2011.  8)

I think the logical thing to do is name HM & HD's offspring .. H1, H2, H3 etc ...
We still have Mom & DM2 making a new nest (N4) over by Wally World so Mom's lineage should remain .. D40, D41, D42 ...
That's right if Decorah Mom lays an egg this year and it hatches it will be the 40th documented eaglet she has produced.   :)  ;D  8)

« Last Edit: February 26, 2023, 01:19:52 PM by BrokenLug »
U. S. A.

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #2170 on: February 26, 2023, 03:41:09 PM »

Amy was saying that the last time an egg was laid in Nest 01 was in 2012 on 02/24/2012. 11 years ago.

We all 1st started watching N1 in 2011 - "The year of the Diva" - She was D10 - laid on this day 02/26/2011.  8)

I think the logical thing to do is name HM & HD's offspring .. H1, H2, H3 etc ...
We still have Mom & DM2 making a new nest (N4) over by Wally World so Mom's lineage should remain .. D40, D41, D42 ...
That's right if Decorah Mom lays an egg this year and it hatches it will be the 40th documented eaglet she has produced.   :)  ;D  8)

BL, Agree!👍
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

baziunc

• Queen of Decorah - April 10, 2016
« Reply #2171 on: February 26, 2023, 04:32:42 PM »

BL, Agree!👍

BL and Lani, Ditto all that!!  :D
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, that is why it is called the present."   ― A.A. Milne

"Hope for the best and accept what comes." ― President Jimmy Carter, on Aug. 20, 2015, during press conference at The Carter Center

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #2172 on: February 26, 2023, 04:36:39 PM »

BL  That would make for a good amt of snow for LANI  At least Aly will be back.  Seems to be a logical approach to naming.. We shall see.

LORI  What a great idea for Sunday to see all those darling babies - Love the polar bear and the red mittens. ;D  Thanks much for your health update. Glad all is healing and yes - footwear???  ::) ::) ::) WOW  100 yrs for Grandma coming up.  That is something special.  Enjoy your time with her.
Chicagoland

LisaG1967

« Reply #2173 on: February 26, 2023, 04:58:10 PM »

clynn - Wow, the snow at Big Bear!

Lori - Aww, you have pets for everyone in your post.  Cute lil skunks.  ;D  Safe trip to your grandma's!

Have a good night, everyone!

baziunc

• Queen of Decorah - April 10, 2016
« Reply #2174 on: February 26, 2023, 05:11:38 PM »

HAPPY DAY, BEAKERS!  :)

I'm so happy about HD and HM with their first egglet laid in the previous N1 nest location!!   :-* :-*  I hope we will get some "people on the ground" reports before long about Mom Decorah and DM2's nesting season this year, and hopefully their nest will succeed this year, and we will get to see some pictures of them, too!  :-* :-*  Glad to see some encouraging news from the SWFL nest, too.  :-* :-* to M15 - M for Mighty, I would say!  :)

LOL! I've been reading all the funny "alligator is fish for Lenten Fridays" posts. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Oh lawww...  ::)  Everyone here knows that alligators are reptiles, and fish are not. Fish are fish.  8)  Saying alligators are fish is kind of like saying donkeys are poultry. Neither works.  ;) :D  However... I have eaten alligator many times - it is usually meat from the tail - and it is delicious.... not weird or icky or anything like that... and it isn't fish.  ;) ;) ;D ;D

Clynn, that alligator picture you posted could have been taken in any number of places around my town.  :D  Sending wishes for a safe family return trip.

Lani, I bet that snow at your place is gorgeous... and morecoming, it sounds like. I'm hoping all that moisture will help lower danger during fire season, and also, I can't wait to see a fantastic desert bloom this year... fingers crossed!

Lori, I'm glad you are healing. Thanks for the baby animals... cute baby donkey... not fish... not poultry... not alligator  ;) ;D

Tsk, am I remembering that your back surgery is this coming week? I hope you will soon be able to say you are pain free. (((Hugs to you.)))

Everyone stay safe and warm. Later, gators!    (not fish)
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, that is why it is called the present."   ― A.A. Milne

"Hope for the best and accept what comes." ― President Jimmy Carter, on Aug. 20, 2015, during press conference at The Carter Center