Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2023  (Read 471018 times)

baziunc

• Queen of Decorah - April 10, 2016
Re: Beak Room 2023
« Reply #1875 on: February 20, 2023, 02:26:43 PM »

HAPPY MONDAY, BEAKERS!  :)

Tig, sorry about your brother's fall on the ice, and his hurt hand. I hope it heals soon. LOL on the ducks and geese coming to you for their unfulfilled food expectations. I'm sure there were some that came along later. Nice outing for you and Camper.  :)

Lani, I hope your snow is pretty, and not too troublesome. Cool about the owl and owlets at Mike's Gila Bend plant! I can just "see" your MIL's needlepoint shop, with people stopping by to sit and work on their needlepoint and visit with whoever stopped by. Very cool that you got to paint some of the design kits for sale, too!

E4E, what movie did y'all watch last night? I thought I would watch a movie last night, and never decided on which one, but it didn't matter because I ate dinner so late, the movie option didn't work. But I might watch one later this week, so if you have any suggestions, or tips on any to pass over, let me know!  ;) :D

Clynn, what a fun series of pics of Bella opening her gifts! LOL on her bag of clothes response... and on to the big stuff!  ;) :D :-* But I see from the last pic Erin sent later that she got into a bag of clothes at home. I know she is loving all her birthday gifts, and especially her new doll, and it's a twin!!  :) :-*

Tsk, I've never heard of embroidery paint, or liquid embroidery, either. I never did any embroidery, though I did a few cross-stitch pieces, which was not my thing at all. Both of my sisters were into designing and doing counted cross-stitch, back in the day. I much preferred doing needlepoint, but it's been a long time since I did any kind needlework.

Lisa, LOL, Jeff is home on Monday, so it must be a holiday!  ;) :D  That is so special to have the christening dress and smocked hat your mother made! Family heirlooms for sure! Lots of new and happy family times coming your way!  :) :-* I saw some live shots of NOLA this morning on TV... looks like the weather there is holding up for your mom... hope it holds for the parades she goes to!  Oh! I just now saw your newest post, with the photo when I tried to post just now. Gorgeous christening gown!!! and wonderful family pic!  :) :-*  And yay! for your mom parading it up!!   :D

Blschue, yikes on your icy driveway! Glad all turned out okay with that. Whew!

KB, sometimes I just have to shrug and say, "Oh well, what are ya gonna do?" LOL.  But I know this winter is wearing people there down. I've been following the expected heavy snow forecast for your area from that approaching big winter storm. Yep, it's going to be a doozy. Lay in more supplies if you get a chance to do that today, and then just try to kick back and gawk at the wonder of it all as it happens. And, don't park your car under any trees, if you can avoid it. Maybe add a snorkle to your storm supplies kit??  ;D ::) :o ;) ;) You, Ollie, and Chris, HANG IN THERE!  Maybe you can pass the time designing your "I survived the Twin Cities' Winter of '22-'23" shirt?

BL, you got that right! A hummm-dinger!!!

Phyl, thanks for the nest visits. I watched my pair of Eastern Bluebirds flitting about catching little insects in my warmer-than-average nice weather this morning, and thought of your Bluebirds. That's nice you have some of your mom's needlework. My seat at my computer desk is a bench from the foot of my parents' bed, which is covered in a floral needlepoint my mother made. I can "see" my mother's bedroom every time I sit on it.

Oldguy, pooh on your cards last night! When I used to play bridge with my best friend, and her mom, who taught me the game, if we got a crazy weird hand, her mom would always say at the end, in recap, "It was distri."  LOL... distribution, donchaknow.  ;D  So, when I read about your hand that made you lose points, I thought, "It was distri."   ;) :D

Later, gators!  :D
« Last Edit: February 20, 2023, 02:30:26 PM by baziunc »
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, that is why it is called the present."   ― A.A. Milne

"Hope for the best and accept what comes." ― President Jimmy Carter, on Aug. 20, 2015, during press conference at The Carter Center

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #1876 on: February 20, 2023, 02:31:54 PM »

TIG  Was that the right link?  It was a pizza sing along??  Just a banjo...

LISA   Wow  One of those really long gowns for baptism.  Beautiful.  Would love to see the bodice.  YAY for Mama  ;D  We just may hit Culvers on Wednesday - Need to check to see if they have their walleye in yet  LOL

BAZI  The seat bench at your computer - what memories.
Chicagoland

kbshcb

« Reply #1877 on: February 20, 2023, 02:58:58 PM »

Just took a quick nap after my 2 hour snow shoveling.....and remember the storm ain't here yet, but thought the Weather Service statement hilarious:

"Life will be impacted"........LOL, no kidding.....thanks Weather Service....

off to grill

Lisa - forgot to mention your son's upcoming wedding...happy days ahead!

oldguy

« Reply #1878 on: February 20, 2023, 03:09:49 PM »

I see that Amy is busy with the forum today - I do not think it is complete yet - I will post new hotlinks to the forums tonight.

The location for the video I posted on the earthquake damage in Turkey is about 5 miles from the epicenter of the 6.5 aftershock they had today....   Thanks Jaspurr for the info
« Last Edit: February 20, 2023, 03:15:55 PM by oldguy »
SE Iowa - Grew up within 40 miles of Decorah

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #1879 on: February 20, 2023, 03:17:04 PM »

Amy, Thanks for all you do! It's very much appreciated!   8)

All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
« Reply #1880 on: February 20, 2023, 03:39:59 PM »

Thanks {{Amy}} for getting us better organized. Huge task you have .

"Every new day begins with possibilities."
President Ronald Reagan  at  the 1985 Geneva Summit

#IstandwithEvan

Phyl

« Reply #1881 on: February 20, 2023, 03:41:57 PM »

Eagles No Jim is off at 3pm. My old guy will be pooped ready for a hot shower and fall asleep in his LazyBoy looking thru the mail. I'll need to get dinner going very soon and on the table by6pm and finish by 7:30pm so he can turn in about 9-(:30pm.

Oldguy too bad about the game losses. But congrats on the big ticket sales. A great Minion today, wish it were true. LOL Glad to here of the snow melt. Sure hope Dimi is well somewhere 'out there'.  No problem "Love your pet day."  ;)

Lisa Scrabble coffee; this moring when I was watching the Deocorah nests, It looked like HM/HD were clearning  N2B off for use.  But nope.  Here's a crazy thought...maybe they were doing a 'Welcome Wagon' for the Canadians.  :o   LOL
What a lovely treasure, heirloom christening gown.

Kb have a good evening  & lots of rest!   Sounds like this will be a doozy. Stock up and settle in. YOu have us to keep you company in cyber world.

Tig tks for theAmerican Banjo Museum in Oklahoma City video, I noticed  your bro's r. hand. Hope it heals well.  You/Camper always hav e the best fun.

Baz Yep! The only way to get to Tuesday is to 'do Monday'.  I jsut bet that is a lovely seat with the needle work seat cover. Very nice memories for you.

Tsk for me as well ...love to see the bodice on Lisa's family christening gown

#IstandwithEvan

Phyl

« Reply #1882 on: February 20, 2023, 03:42:44 PM »

#IstandwithEvan

Phyl

« Reply #1883 on: February 20, 2023, 03:43:22 PM »

...and finally.

#IstandwithEvan

kbshcb

« Reply #1884 on: February 20, 2023, 04:01:48 PM »

Holy Buckets!....and whew.

My snowplow guy informed me about an hour ago he's out of town......
I scrambled on fb and found someone to snowblow, not snowplow....we shall see.
It will be a 2 day event of having him out here....both Wednesday and Thursday.
I've actually hired him before for junk removal...twice...but one time for something he bailed and didn't show up.

camperstig

• "Hoo hoo hoo hoo!"
« Reply #1885 on: February 20, 2023, 04:17:10 PM »

Hi TSK
See my note about when to see Bro, later in the show. The room, on the second floor of the museum, is a replica of the old Shakey's Pizza parlor from the 1960s. You should see a 5 piece band at first and then my Bro and SIL join them later on. There is some sing a long but mostly instrumental pieces.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VKcW4DCsi3M

camper'sTIG - South Central MN
Decorah follower since Apr 2, 2011
"May Bob now soar with the eagles and dive with the falcons. You've left a living legacy behind on the earth" (barbells126)

camperstig

• "Hoo hoo hoo hoo!"
« Reply #1886 on: February 20, 2023, 04:28:44 PM »

Bounce!

https://www.facebook.com/TheRaptorCenter/videos/510822774324698/

Final poisoned eagle release back into wild...

Hi Baz...
« Last Edit: February 20, 2023, 04:54:31 PM by camperstig »
camper'sTIG - South Central MN
Decorah follower since Apr 2, 2011
"May Bob now soar with the eagles and dive with the falcons. You've left a living legacy behind on the earth" (barbells126)

Phyl

« Reply #1887 on: February 20, 2023, 06:00:41 PM »

Hi TSK
See my note about when to see Bro, later in the show. The room, on the second floor of the museum, is a replica of the old Shakey's Pizza parlor from the 1960s. You should see a 5 piece band at first and then my Bro and SIL join them later on. There is some sing a long but mostly instrumental pieces.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VKcW4DCsi3M

The first time I viewed I was distracted. So went back.  I remember Shakey's Pizzza Parlor. Was nice to see the interior again. Thank you!

#IstandwithEvan

Phyl

« Reply #1888 on: February 20, 2023, 06:01:09 PM »

Bounce!

https://www.facebook.com/TheRaptorCenter/videos/510822774324698/

Final poisoned eagle release back into wild...

Hi Baz...

Such wonderful news. Thanks

#IstandwithEvan

Phyl

« Reply #1889 on: February 20, 2023, 06:04:45 PM »

Great Spirit Bluff Falcons - Cliff View
Feb 20, 2023 7:10 AM