Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Jewel and her cubs  (Read 636013 times)

calhound

• Eagle nest and Bear watcher since 2/23/11
Re: Jewel and her cubs
« Reply #28395 on: Yesterday at 04:43:15 AM »

hi you guys its 59 here 42 in ice 69 in kviv 62 in the barn lots of tornado out in kansas one person died. we got some rain but not all night long so big help suppose to rain today so forth rain every day but at this stage just hoping not all the time. im waiting for winter.

hi joho god bless mary and her baby.  weekly driving would be nice to do at animal place help out but will you get time off when you want it or need it maybe do it part time to start with i know animals need a ride. i am done with poop buckets now i plan to buy more buckets down the road so i will not have to do that again if i had fallen i would went over that edge and way down below and i did not have my phone and jim gone all my other animals needing care.

hi paulie i cant keep up with all that i was so worn out last night jim left a message on my phone are you okay i texted back yes tired finishing up my stuff going to bed and i did that.  when jim gets back he will have barn duties for the weekend. i need to do my laundry and clean some  your zeus dog big and smart   :) good name for him i got that little house tree looking good sat it on the kitchen table pulled drapes back so sun when we got sun can get to it. so far my kitchen coyotes have not messed with it. if they do i tried i cant do everything. they are not known for getting stuff off that table. known for everything else but not that

http://www.jigzone.com/puzzles/CB055D4BA6D2?z=0
Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can't help them, at least don't hurt them. Dalai Lama and mb

johoward

« Reply #28396 on: Yesterday at 03:50:00 PM »

6:01 Pretty close to average.  I thought it was a giant tomato worm while I was doing it.  Never did look at the real picture before I got done. LOL It was a turtle.
Mary not good again today.  Could not work.  Debbie at Mary's house to help her through the day.
Had a nice day with Karen yesterday.  She made some special healthy dishes for our dinner. Two out of three were good.  One, not so much.  Healthy and attractive.  Looked like a nice omelet, but did not have eggs and flavor was missing.  She did not give me take out. Made some nice warm Pillsbury biscuits.  Which I love, and some delicious corn on the cob with salt and soft serve butter replacement from olives.
Ok now I am drowsy.  I know it is well past nap time, but I can't fight it an more.  Bye EV1 GBU. Thanks for your being here and for your prayers.  I am really scarred. this is going on too long.

calhound

« Reply #28397 on: Today at 06:27:53 AM »

Missing Bill Rice - UPDATE May 1, 2024

Bill and Shirley Rice
Lynn Donna Shirley Bill Rice 20180722
Lynn and Donna Rogers, Shirley and Bill Rice in 2018

I can’t help but think about what a good friend Bill was and how much he helped bears by being a material part of making the North American Bear Center. I relied on him for advice. He is the one who found the ideal location for the Bear Center. And he and Shirley were major donors, along with Lily Fans, to make it what it is—what made Popular Science Magazine name it ‘The number one science center to visit in Minnesota.’ We talked a lot. He and Shirley and their friends visited the bears many times, and they appreciated the bears around their backwoods summer home. But if I am missing him so much, I can only imagine how Shirley, his wife of 71 years, is feeling losing a life partner like Bill.

Ribbon cutting 2015
Ribbon cutting in 2015

A picture I like is of the ribbon cutting for the opening of the Northwoods Ecology Hall and the Hope Learning Center. From left to right are Judy Thon representing volunteers, Lori Shulze representing the Ely Chamber of Commerce, Shirley Rice representing the Bear Center board, Mayor Chuck Novak representing Ely, me, Donna, Missy Heitala representing the Bear Center staff, Jen McCron representing the LilyPad Picnic Committee, and Bill Rice representing donors, advisors, and the WRI board. Jackie Runions took the picture. Behind her was a big crowd of well-wishers and volunteers that made me proud to be part of Ely.

So many people remember Bill and Shirley from the Lily Pad Picnics they attended. I liked reading comments below his obituary from Lily Fans who remember how much they liked sitting and talking with Bill and Shirley at the picnics. One person described him as a “gentle kind soul that always found the good in all.”

Bill was liked wherever he went. Many of the comments under his obituary are from his former employees who appreciated how he was always checking to see that everything was okay for them. The story of his business is one in itself. He and Shirley started it as an idea and a basement operation. The thought behind it was so ‘right on’ that the Ritron Corporation soon became an international corporation. Seeing his perseverance and success gave me even more confidence in him.

The link to his obituary is E.W. Rice Obituary - Indianapolis, IN. He was a wonderful God-loving and family loving man.

As we now go forward, expanding our educational outreach and making the Bear Center ever more engaging, we’ll remember what Bill and Shirley did to bring us this far. Thank you Bill and Shirley!!

And thank you all for all you do.
Lynn Rogers, Biologist, Wildlife Research Institute and North American Bear Center

Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can't help them, at least don't hurt them. Dalai Lama and mb

calhound

« Reply #28398 on: Today at 06:35:39 AM »

it did not rain yesterday i got the barn alot better but had to haul water jugs which is cat litter jugs all the way from kitchen to the barn jim has not fixed the spigot yet but when he gets home i will tell him you do not get to leave anymore till that is fixed!!! you cant do it pay someone. i had to drop jugs and use my walker to get up to it and then move like poop buckets used cat litter stacked up on front porch and huge storm tons of rain sob almost here rain all day and night maybe not all day friday but back sat sun mon tues well jim will get it on that. makes me think of not having indy anymore dont understand all this rain ra sent me an email last night i just saw it so i gotta go i want to write her back

hi joho my turtle was gone i checked it moved on barn swallows sitting in nest on front porch

http://www.jigzone.com/puzzles/7B055D50B8FB?z=0

calihoula

« Reply #28399 on: Today at 09:34:01 AM »

hi paulie i forgot to tell you i was wrong on how long me and jim married not 46 will be 36 yay got ten years back!
I've never met an animal I didn't like, and I can't say the same thing about people. Doris Day