Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2024  (Read 148994 times)

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
Re: Beak Room 2024
« Reply #4005 on: April 30, 2024, 06:20:14 AM »

"Every new day begins with possibilities."
President Ronald Reagan  at  the 1985 Geneva Summit

#IstandwithEvan

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #4006 on: April 30, 2024, 06:28:53 AM »

EMY    LOLOLOL   Good one!   ;) ;D

PHYL   Love the post caps - very creative idea.  Sure hope the shelters are busy with customers today  ;)  Love those under water shots 365

EAGLES  I'm such a slacker when it comes to getting timely haircuts.  LOL  :-\ ???

LANI   Thanks for that Hellgate update.  Good goin' new boyfriend.  Cozy campsite pic. :)
Chicagoland

clynndunn

• For the love of Eagles....
« Reply #4007 on: April 30, 2024, 06:55:37 AM »

Good Morning Beakers!

Lani, yes, Sophie is quite the adventure seeking cat! And Sam sits there so nicely and watches her!  When we had the roof of the deck re-done we thought it was cat-proofed! Ed still cannot figure out how she got out! He kept saying 'there is no way' he could see that she got out, I said 'well, she sure found a way'! I have Jason (deck guy) stopping by to double cat proof! Oh, I am so happy to hear that the new guy is still bringing fish to Iris, this is a new twist. I sure hope he wins her heart with all the fish!  Love the campground good night picture!

tsk, I am sure you have activities on your agenda today! That 'aboot' accent from Canada bleeds down into Duluth MN for sure! I distinctly remember it when we lived there! There's a reporter that had the accent and I thought for sure she was from 'up north'. Turns out she is from Canada! It is very distinct!

Phyl, I hope the shelters have a good day today. I think Facebook has really helped the shelters and rescue sites, I see a lot of animal stories and pictures that make me want to save them and help all!  Great 365, hard work for the fish!  Looks like we are in for a day of strong thunderstorms, possible hail and strong wind, high 80. Lovely.

E4E, I also still have the Better Homes & Gardens cookbook that Mom gave me at my shower in 1972! I bet it's the same one! I also received the Berry Crocker Cookbook from someone! Mom still has her little 1954 Betty Crocker Good & Easy Cook Book, she found one for me in an antique store (3rd  picture). I remember helping her make goodies from this one! It's spiral bound which was something new back then!

Hellgate Osprey Cam - Jocelyne Pauline L'Heureux · Hellgate Canyon - Wow!! He’s still there!!

« Last Edit: April 30, 2024, 07:13:25 AM by clynndunn »
Never lie, steal, cheat, or drink. But if you must lie, lie in the arms of the one you love. If you must steal, steal away from bad company. If you must cheat, cheat death. And if you must drink, drink in the moments that take your breath away. ~ Unknown

camperstig

• "Hoo hoo hoo hoo!"
« Reply #4008 on: April 30, 2024, 06:59:00 AM »

some bounce
My friend just got two kitties... Sherlock and Watson.
Cute.
( Iris )
camper'sTIG - South Central MN
Decorah follower since Apr 2, 2011
"May Bob now soar with the eagles and dive with the falcons. You've left a living legacy behind on the earth" (barbells126)

kbshcb

« Reply #4009 on: April 30, 2024, 07:16:11 AM »

Whew...had a dog run out in front of my car on Penn ave just now. Missed it barely. Moved passed a titch, but stopped safely in the middle of the road and repeatedly tapped my brakes for those cars coming up behind me...saw owner to my right and dog returned safely home. If I was a dog owner I would NOT live on a busy County road or else take extra care to keep it contained. Geesh people.

Oddly, just a block before I saw a lab behind a fence and started imagining how awful it would be to hit a dog,
doo do doo do.

Furthermore, if that blue pickup truck hadn't just missed going through the red light and I therefore took a few extra seconds to go through the green light intersection a hit of the dog might have been inevitable.

I watched as a 9 year old playing cards with family in the living room my own dog get hit by a Bachman's Floral truck. Back in those days, my mother was not a good dog owner in retrospect. No curbs yet, no tying up dogs etc, she grew up on a farm.

Gigi, was saved and lived to be over 13 years old but blind in one eye.

One never forgets these things, ever.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2024, 07:18:32 AM by kbshcb »

Emyrauld

« Reply #4010 on: April 30, 2024, 09:10:43 AM »

Hi Karen:  I was just being a smart aleck  (pardon the euphemism).  ….demonstrating my ability to speak Americanese.  You were being kind.  I appreciate that.  Thank you.
A sense of humor can help you overlook the unattractive, tolerate the unpleasant, cope with the unexpected and smile through the unbearable....Moshe Woldoks

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #4011 on: April 30, 2024, 10:18:48 AM »

TIG   Sherlock and Watson - Love the names.  Any particular color or breed?

KB  That scary experience brought up a lot of thoughts  :o
Chicagoland

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #4012 on: April 30, 2024, 11:09:33 AM »

Sloth TV
Love these babies  :-*

Patricio, a Crested Caracara!
The crested caracara, also known as the Mexican eagle, is a bird of prey in the falcon family, Falconidae. It is found from the southwestern and southeastern United States through Mexico and Central and South America, as well as some Caribbean islands.

Good morning Beakers!
Morning Ezee, Eburg, Weasel, Jilltosa, Kb, Tsk, Lisa, Karen, Oldguy, Puff, Eaglesrock, Emyrauld, Lilbro, Blschue, Lori, Clynn, Eagles, Tig, Baz, Phyl, Peep, Jaspurr, Pink, BL, Bggolden, T40, ssrl, Maxie, Nrstooge, Omasawyer, Paulie, jicaji, LB, and All!

Emy  ;D

Kb, scary experience. Glad the dog is okay.

Tig, love the names Sherlock and Watson  ;D

Clynn, The new Male brought nesting material this morning. And Iris was doing her usual yadayadayada in his ear!!! LOL! And he left, hopefully for fish  ;D ... Sophie is small and slender enough to get through anything. She needs a little fattening. LOL! ... I gave my plaid covered Better Homes Cookbook to Aly. MIL gave that to me my first year in Kansas.

Phyl, Praying for all God's critters to be rescued and given safe haven. watching the fish reminds me that soon the Brooks Fall Brown Bears cam will be Live soon.  :-*

Posted on Brooks Falls Bear Cam chat roll yesterday
Belugas Near the King Salmon Dock 2024-04-29 13-04-12 (explore.org)

https://vimeo.com/941028140?share=copy

Hellgate - New Male brings nesting material this morning. What out Iris! :-*

« Last Edit: April 30, 2024, 11:13:28 AM by Lani »
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

LisaG1967

« Reply #4013 on: April 30, 2024, 12:12:28 PM »

Good Afternoon Beakers

tsk - Wow, that is alot of rain in your gauge.  Enjoy your haircut.  (I know I am late)  :)  Pretty morning greeting.

karen - Thanks for the kind words on AM pic yesterday.

Lani - Had to wait 2.5 hrs.  It was not too bad.   Thanks for the updates on the Royals and TRR.

clynn - I agree, Lesley does have a nice calming voice.   Oh my, on Sophie climbing!  Interesting about The Ghost Fleet of Mallows Bay.  So, this is a new guy and not Louis in the pic with Iris? 

baz - Wowza, that is some bandage!

Phyl - Thanks, and love the solar light covers for the posts.  All of with Jeff's car.

E4E
- Just went to a furniture store this morning, that is why I am late.  I bought a new entertainment center to hold the 55" tv, so I can move it from bedroom to living room.  Misty will be happy, come Thursday when it is delivered.   ;D

tig - Cute names for the kitties.

kb - Close call! 

camperstig

• "Hoo hoo hoo hoo!"
« Reply #4014 on: April 30, 2024, 12:16:22 PM »

Sherlock is orange, Watson is black n white
camper'sTIG - South Central MN
Decorah follower since Apr 2, 2011
"May Bob now soar with the eagles and dive with the falcons. You've left a living legacy behind on the earth" (barbells126)

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #4015 on: April 30, 2024, 12:38:05 PM »

LANI   Gosh all the right things are happening at Hellgate..Sloths can get into some might cute poses  LOL

LISA  So what do you have to move out from the living room to make room for the new entertainment center.  LOLOL  One thing just leads to another

TIG   Good colors!!

Tomorrow  Wed 1st - Nova ( PBS) has a program on Osprey  ;D

Also, is anyone watching Idol this year?   My fav's are all gone now.  One gal is my favorite of the 7 that are left but don't think she wll win.
Chicagoland

baziunc

• Queen of Decorah - April 10, 2016
« Reply #4016 on: April 30, 2024, 01:05:31 PM »

some bounce

BAZ ... I'm sure you are getting good care from docs. Do speak to OT re: how much you can or should do. When I broke my wrist... first time I saw OT and showed how much I could and was doing, she asked me to slow down a bit! I was being too aggressive in my range of motion and repetitions.  :o
Best of luck on a good recovery.

SED all

Tig, yep, thanks. That's why I didn't cancel my appointment with the OT, as I mentioned before.  ;)  I want her input and instructions on usage and taping, as well as the recommended therapy and exercises. My 1st appt with my OT is tomorrow morning.
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, that is why it is called the present."   ― A.A. Milne

"Hope for the best and accept what comes." ― President Jimmy Carter, on Aug. 20, 2015, during press conference at The Carter Center

LisaG1967

« Reply #4017 on: April 30, 2024, 01:14:28 PM »

tsk - I have a huge entertainment center in the living room that we bought in the early 2000's.  It is still in good shape, but it will not fit the new TV.  It is one of those kinds that has the bookshelves on both sides where the TV is in the middle.

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #4018 on: April 30, 2024, 01:15:34 PM »

Hi Beakers, This is what I call my Teriyaki Meat Marinade for my Kansas family and friends. A Korean meat dish for special occasions.

Kun Koki-Barbecued Meat

4 lbs beef (rib, round, sirloin ,chuck, or stew.. I made this for 4 lb tenderloin, sirloin, for family and potluck dinners)
2 T. salad oil
1 cup shoyu (soy sauce or I used Kikkoman Soy Sauce, which my girls loved on their rice.... I did not use Kikkoman Teriyaki sauce)
1 tsp. Ajinomoto or any meat tenderizer of your choice
2 T. green onions, chopped fine
4 T. sugar
1 T. garlic, chopped fine
2 T. sesame seeds
1 tsp. black coarse pepper

For Tenderloin, sirloin, I scored with a knife small criss cross slices. Mixed all ingredients together pour over meat in a bowl or container, cover and let stand 1 hour or until your ready to grill.
Be sure to turn meat over in bowl or container, if you're going to leave it longer than an hour before grilling.
Serves 8

I made my beef jerky with inexpensive cut of beef, sliced thin, then marinade overnight, and placed in the dehydrator for a few hours till dry. House always smelled delicious during this day.
I taught tennis my summer group kids loved this as their end of the year tournament treat!

« Last Edit: April 30, 2024, 01:17:21 PM by Lani »
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

baziunc

• Queen of Decorah - April 10, 2016
« Reply #4019 on: April 30, 2024, 01:53:06 PM »

Happy Day, Beakers! :)

I walked 44 minutes today. My hip bursitis is trying to re-inflame  ::) :P and my bum knee is still a bum, but on we go.  ;) ;D

Today, at the Madrid Open, I watched some, or most, of several matches - the Alcaraz match, Medvedev match, Swiatek match, and Sinner match. Madison Keys v Ons Jabeur match started just a bit ago. It's 4-0 so far, for Jabeur, in the 1st set. I'm hanging out to watch my boyfriend play the last match of the day today (4th Round match - Round of 16).  :-*  I hope he plays well. If he wins his match today, he will have the day off before the next round (the Quarterfinals) on Thursday, then the mens semifinals will be on Friday. Any of his matches could be the last one he plays, since he is not expected to play beyond this year (but anything can happen!), and he hopes to play at least the French Open this year, but who knows how things will go. He already re-injured the hip that took him out for an extended surgery and rehab time, which made him miss some time on the court this year already, including the Australia Open, which he could not play. He wants to end his stellar career on the court, so I hope he can have some good matches, and feel good about his play near the end of his incredible career. His 20-month old cutey-pie son has been watching in the stands at the end of his last couple of matches. He and his wife and young son make a wonderful family, and he has his tennis training academy in his home of Mallorca, so he will stay busy with tennis even after he retires from competition. I don't want to see him go, and I will watch him play till his final retirement as much as possible. :-* :-* :-*

(((IRIS!!! + NEW MALE!!!))) LET IT BE LASTING LOVE!!!  :-*  :-* :-*  Iris and New Male sittin' in a tree, k-i-s-s-i-n-g. First came love, then came marriage, then came ospreylets in a baby carriage!!  ;D

Emy! LOLOL!!!  I totally got your joke!!!  ;) ;D ;D

TSK, thanks for the heads up on the PBS Nova show tomorrow about Osprey!  :)

Lisa, hope you're enjoying the new TVs! LOL, that hand bandage was the flrst flimsy little one. It was replaced a few days later by a much larger and more substantial one.  ;) ;)  But all the bandages are gone now. Yay! My 1st appt with my OT is tomorrow morning.

Lani, thanks for your recipe - it looks divine! You taught tennis! Wow! I know they loved your teriyaki beef jerky! I want some!  :)  I have always wanted to see a Crested Caracara in the wild! What a striking bird!!  :-*  I've never had the good fortune of seeing one yet in my times in the southeast or southwest US, or in Mexico. Those little sloths are so cute - look at those baby tummies!  :D I hope they grow in health and get to be released eventually. :-*

Clynn, I can't wait to hear what the deck roof guy decides is where Sophie made her escape! Is everyone looking up for where that spot might be? Maybe it's someplace "down below," instead of "up above."

Tennis match update - Ons Jabeur won the 1st set, but Madison Keys is up 3-2 in the second set right now.

Waving to All the Beakers!  :D

« Last Edit: April 30, 2024, 02:01:16 PM by baziunc »
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, that is why it is called the present."   ― A.A. Milne

"Hope for the best and accept what comes." ― President Jimmy Carter, on Aug. 20, 2015, during press conference at The Carter Center