Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Jewel and her cubs  (Read 650894 times)

calihoula

Re: Jewel and her cubs
« Reply #23445 on: May 29, 2021, 10:09:26 AM »

hi lupe! :) i been working in the barn. pearl was pearl when. first went out gave her medicine out rest of her grain weight builder in her hay feeder then she stopped eating. blank eyes i call it shark eyes pearl pearl did not want treats so big worry i brushed her out took out her grain did not want mice in it or birds she pooped three times so not colic trying to sit rest my foot hear jim he wanted to know if i want to go to feed store i do but need to rest my foot did i just say that? anyway went to my guide cause of tennis. i dont get tennis channel either but says on 205 snxhd roland garros mix channel i get that is that the french open? hi izzy! so nice and cool here i went in the kitchen thought why is it so bright in here sun is out! go figure. pizza salad sound very good. i saw on tv you buy veg hamburger at store in package like awful dead cow meat saw a commercial with beautiful cow big eyes  then wanting you to eat beef  >:( grace nurse laughing at my scooter its been thru mud horse poop gravel back in truck out in rain walmart feed store grocery store all over! my big heavy boot looked ruff too.

hi joho sorry about your mary. is shannon still coming today

well i rested my foot long enough feed store here i come
I've never met an animal I didn't like, and I can't say the same thing about people. Doris Day

calihoula

« Reply #23446 on: May 29, 2021, 10:10:41 AM »

i forgot hi rues! i will blacklist today if that liz escaped i swear!!
I've never met an animal I didn't like, and I can't say the same thing about people. Doris Day

ruesgram

« Reply #23447 on: May 29, 2021, 11:19:07 AM »

Hi Jewelies! It's May29 and I have sweats on! I also turned the furnace on this morning! We finally got a little rain yesterday along with wind and colder temps! Tonight down in the 40's! Crazy weather! Suppose to warm back up on Monday. We were in the high 80's and 90's this week then boom, winter came back! :o

Cal, glad your foot is healing! Won't be long and this ordeal will just be a memory! Blacklist was very intense. Can't wait for next week's episode. We have been doing something nearly everyday around this place. First Crow's side of the garage needed a new garage door opener. It broke last week. After pulling the door up and down manually a few times, he got tired of it and called the garage door guy. Both door openers were old and noisy! They were Sears Craftsman! We had both replaced. Now you can barely hear them when the doors are opened or closed. Then a section of the back deck broke! It's old, too! It's something Crow was confident he could fix. Took 2 days but with my help he fixed it. Of course, those 2 days were in the 90's! Crow finally fixed Robin's basement toilet! Turned out he had  put the gasket on the outside of the toilet tank instead of    inside! That's why it kept leaking. He knew better than that! He has changed toilet tank guts many times before. Thank goodness for You tube! He watched a video and saw his mistake. Of course, he felt like a fool when he saw his mistake! I'm surprised he even admitted it to me! Lol! Wednesday after we mowed Robin's yard, we mulched. Next week we are going to power wash her house. We did ours last week. The list goes on and on. Problem is as we age, it is taking us longer to recover from all the activity!  So sad reading about Star's cub. Happy the Dr Rogers could help the other one. Hope Pearl is ok.

Jo, sounds like you are doing well! Hope Mary's power comes on soon!  Glad you have a laptop with you. When I spent those 4 days in the hospital back 4 yrs ago I was glad I had my iPad!

Lupe, none of my peonies bloomed this year. I was so disappointed. Not even one bud to be found. There's always next year! Hope your bil and sil's  move is a smooth one.

« Last Edit: May 29, 2021, 11:48:09 AM by ruesgram »

calihoula

« Reply #23448 on: May 29, 2021, 01:47:54 PM »

hi rues! pearl is good i stayed with her till she came out of it. she wanted her treats no shark eyes try to take sweets out i was cleaning her area i hold on to wall water tank put old hay in little basket take it out dump it she was pawing her gate when i went out pearl stop it big work for you guys im sure looks really nice yay crow fixed that toilet oh i use utube alot my toilet was leaking the area between the seat holder brackets and upper tank had to tighten that screw inside the tank but also still leaking got some of flex sealant spread it over that stopped the leak that stuff is awesome waterproof use it right in water. yay you have to call someone on a garage door jim was going to do ours years back but you can get hurt bad and just call someone we was happy we did happy to have them put one on at his shop and a garage opener. i had wanted an electric gate i knew jim would get tired of getting out opening it get out close it he got the electric gate put it right in! :) we went to feed store and harps got pearl lots of treats raccoonies too sweets too everyone then went thru taco bell drive thru waiting for someone to take our order jim drove off to burger king they had 2 meals for 10.00 i got impossible burger small fries diet dr pepper he got chicken ketchup cheese only fries coke his dad called had him on speaker phone. his oldest sister and her husband there they clean pops house on saturday they are going to south dakota see monuments and stuff i told jim guess you will be going over there and cleaning your dads house he said bs. my peonies i dont know they are where be really hard for me to check right now. blacklist time

johoward

« Reply #23449 on: May 29, 2021, 02:16:47 PM »

hi ev1,  joan liked to buy things she bought this laptop for her knee, but it never worked for us. i had to replace the harddrive and reprogram it once. she also bought an apple mini which only worked for about ten minutes, and for a few years now will only prompt the user to buy some apple music or something.  even my repair shop could not get it working.  he gave up after three weeks.  the only apple store near us has been closed for a long time.  we bought mary and shannon macbooks from there.  i dont care for the way apple does business, but i will again try to get some use of the mini when our store opens i guess.
had lunch ,a good leg workout.  showered, and shaved.  all set to go, but nowhere to go  so here i sit on sat afternoon shot.
pearl sure sounds bad cal  dead eyes etc. you sound good though  keep it up  where would that stuff on scooter be without scooter? lol  i forgot bl .
cul ev1 gb

calihoula

« Reply #23450 on: May 29, 2021, 02:50:21 PM »

hi joho no pearl is very good she had a short spell very short no falling down no going in circles. been very good all day good yesterday ty god. i got my first ipad at walmart second this one walmart its an apple i dont like how fast charge goes. but rest is good i got a thick black like book cover for it has a built in stand

hi rues! watched bl at the beginning liz riding with ressler i knew well she will escape but good she did! such action so was ok with liz but then red saves her she wants to kill him bad liz bad now maybe she doesnt yes cant wait till next friday! i think red is her real dad like darth vader luke i am your father. bing you should of feared red cause he is still red! i love red!

johoward

« Reply #23451 on: May 29, 2021, 07:38:52 PM »

Many like apple products.  So must be something i am not doing to get this ipad going again.  It is locked somehow, and some say it will never work again.  Like I said,  I will find a dealer and let them fix it some day soon. 
Meanwhile I stood and even walked a little today without support or pain.  I did not take pain pill last night, and was awake all night.
  I just took a half oxycodone and  expect to sleep from 4 to 6 hours starting at 10 pm.  I will try to get out of here very soon, but probably not before wed after DR visit. This is day 6.  Some have said 7 to 14 days then home.  So I am hopeful, because I can do what is needed now.  I have done extra exercises all week and it is working.
See you all tomorrow.  God Bless and good night.

lupinelady

« Reply #23452 on: May 30, 2021, 06:23:08 AM »

Good mornning everyone- another sunny cool morning- 42. cal- yes- roland garros is the same as the French Open. Started at 4 AM.
So glad you all are doing good- rues- i am also surprised crow admitted his mistake. peonies are in full bloom. I have one more to open and hope it is the white one. I got lots more mulch done yesterday. Still a bit to do but all the stuff near the house is done.
I managed to get through 2 graduation parties yesterday. Saw lots of people i hadn't seen in years and years.
johoward- so glad you are doing your exercises; i've never had an apple but my sil loves them. we've only had dell.
Back to tennis and have a great day jewelies!

calhound

• Eagle nest and Bear watcher since 2/23/11
« Reply #23453 on: May 30, 2021, 06:39:11 AM »

Daily Updates
Late Frost - UPDATE May 29, 2021 
29 May 2021
 Print Email
Peekaboo gull
Peekaboo gull

After three nights with temperatures between 23 and 27° Fahrenheit, I wondered what might happen to local berries that bears would be eating soon. Late frosts and droughts are the two main reasons for bear food shortage. During these three days, chokecherry (Prunus virginiana) blossoms fell to the ground. We will see what happens. Juneberries (Amelanchier sp.) were living up to their local name, having formed small berries that would likely ripen in June. We’ll see if they continue to grow and ripen.

20210529 Juneberries
Juneberries
Blueberries
Blueberries
Blueberries
Blueberries

Blueberries (Vaccinium angustifolium) looked more fragile. One bush had shriveled blossoms and small berries, some of which were already turning blue despite their small size. Another bush had blossoms that were just turning into berries. We’ll see what happens to the blueberry crop, too.

Out the window, a herring gull had a peek-a-boo moment as it was stopping by.

Thank you for all you do.
Lynn Rogers, Biologist, Wildlife Research Institute and North American Bear Center

Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can't help them, at least don't hurt them. Dalai Lama and mb

calhound

« Reply #23454 on: May 30, 2021, 06:57:21 AM »

hi you guys its 44 here pearl is very good 3 raccoonies one of them happy to see jim will take a pie from him other two came to me but like jim now too. darn frost i hope the bears will have plenty of food. that picture of that peek a boo gull what a picture!!! dr rogers should do a book on his pictures!

hi lupe! thanks for info i hit record on it last night i have no idea who is playing who and when guess i will see later when i play it back later. you be careful with how much work you do i know how easy it is to get carried away believe me i know! two more weeks then work on getting into a shoe i mark the days on my calendar with a X like in prison till parole. sounds like you had lots of fun with the parties so happy for you.

hi joho! when i took my pain pill with my foot and a hit of my cough syrup 10% alchohol out i go when i quit the pain pill was awake on and off most the night but then my body said okay time to sleep. wow you have done so well!! you will done before me good for you! my ipad is not a mini jims mom got one when she came home from her cancer surgery it was pretty small i like mine being the big one. on my kindle and switch and once on my ipad if it is lock try holding down the button that turns it on an off should be on the top of it somewhere and keep holding it down till you see a picture of an apple on your screen then let it go. that should reset it. may ask you for your password mine does. may not i dont know. griz is in here and knocking down everything looking for more food. cali is in here too afraid he may find food. i got my bcbs statement yesterday dr gause charged only 1400 for big toe fuse insur gave him 333.00 he charged 199. take toe nail off he got 77. he charges 1100.00 little toe pin in it got like 250. so he is not in it for the money. surgery  center charged 34,000.00! they got 11,000.00 jim said not to bad really for 5 hours i was in there. preop op post op.  my big heavy walking boot 400. they got 200  my sister with no insurance now i will show her this.

http://www.jigzone.com/puzzles/A9055D5A1971?z=0
Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can't help them, at least don't hurt them. Dalai Lama and mb

johoward

« Reply #23455 on: May 30, 2021, 07:59:57 AM »

5:34  pins thanks  lost phone in recliner while napping this early morning.  food lady recued it by starting it ringing then crawling up under with her long slender arms  i am so glad  not feeling too good  just kind of blah  need more sleep i think  i will lay down til rehabbers show up  cul gb

calhound

« Reply #23456 on: May 30, 2021, 01:36:47 PM »

hi joho hope you are better.

hi lupe i had tennis on my tv in my room and big tv in living room in and out but saw thiem lost when i saw him playing i thought oh he might make trouble for my rafa but not now!! :) i heard something about a woman tennis player getting fined 15 grand for not talking to the press..?

calihoula

« Reply #23457 on: May 30, 2021, 05:09:58 PM »

mom tv babies out jim mowed my sisters susie place in ks her barn burnt down fire dept told jim man started a fire got out of hand and there was a no burn on that day said he is liable for expenses they will call jim tuesday with his name and info. im so sad jim took pictures  :(

johoward

« Reply #23458 on: May 30, 2021, 06:23:26 PM »

those TV babies are clearly visible now.. mom is so tender to them  she is carressing and what looks like cuddling constantly.  I wish everyone could see the Marshall  Turkey Vultures cul gb

johoward

« Reply #23459 on: May 30, 2021, 06:30:49 PM »

tv mom looks like she is licking her chick like a mammal does.