Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Jewel and her cubs  (Read 666148 times)

calhound

• Eagle nest and Bear watcher since 2/23/11
Re: Jewel and her cubs
« Reply #24840 on: April 25, 2022, 11:30:43 AM »

hi you guys yesterday just saw the one egg at marshall mo tv where is someone then today i saw two eggs so someone has been there

Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can't help them, at least don't hurt them. Dalai Lama and mb

calihoula

« Reply #24841 on: April 25, 2022, 01:12:49 PM »

https://youtu.be/Ll6csogC4C0

Kharkiv: Russian Jet DOWNED By Air Defense Forces of Ukraine

:) kablooey!
« Last Edit: April 25, 2022, 03:11:01 PM by calihoula »
I've never met an animal I didn't like, and I can't say the same thing about people. Doris Day

calihoula

« Reply #24842 on: April 25, 2022, 03:14:31 PM »

i changed russian warplane shot down to a better one Kablooey!  :)
I've never met an animal I didn't like, and I can't say the same thing about people. Doris Day

calihoula

« Reply #24843 on: April 25, 2022, 03:21:05 PM »

https://youtu.be/sw5ZnlkEZYc

oh no, what a terrible accident.
Keep em coming.

View 9 replies
 Proxy Pisuena
Proxy Pisuena
8 hours ago
Congrats.  UKRAINIAN Pilot
You hit your target perfectly.

View 8 replies
 Geekhippie
Geekhippie
9 hours ago
Russia really needs to update their fire code regulations. Those fires seem to be happening often lately. :)

View 16 replies
 darren hyland
darren hyland
8 hours ago
Ukrainian special operation to liberate the oil from russian prison storage depot. No civilians were targeted. They achieved 100% of their objectives within the timeframe expected.

View 17 replies
 Stephen Newton
Stephen Newton
8 hours ago
Kremlin news factory: “No, no, Ukraine didn’t hit our fuel storage; we did that ourselves”.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2022, 03:33:48 PM by calihoula »

calhound

« Reply #24844 on: April 26, 2022, 05:05:32 AM »

Chloe, a Chase, and the Lilypad Picnic - UPDATE April 25, 2022
Charlie Brown
Charlie Brown
Lincoln climbing tree
Lincoln
Charlie Brown in tree
Charlie Brown on branch
Today, a bear appeared a couple times and might be the one who got on the scale briefly a couple weeks ago. This time he posed for an ID picture that we agree is 2-year-old Flynn, son of Jewel, great grandson of Shadow. Flynn at two years old
Flynn at two years old
But on this day, Flynn got in a little trouble. Right after I took his ID picture, he ran away. I looked up the driveway and Chloe and her yearlings Lincoln, and Charlie Brown were running this way. No wonder Flynn fled.

Chloe and her sons settled into peaceful eating until Flynn appeared at the edge of the forest. Chloe tore after him, and Lincoln and Charlie Brown raced to their favorite white pine refuge tree and climbed high as Chloe and Flynn disappeared. Charlie Brown sat comfortably on a sturdy branch. Lincoln was higher up. I heard a little arguing between Chloe and Flynn and then spotted Chloe coming back grunting concern about her yearlings. I looked where she was coming from and was surprised to see Flynn lying down in the snow looking relaxed at the base of a tree. She went to the base of the white pine, looked up, and stopped grunting Everything was calm again. Flynn laying at base of tree
Flynn laying at base of tree
The yearlings descended and went back to eating and growing.

I have to apologize to Charlie Brown for misspelling his name the last couple days. I promise a blueberry mini-muffin in addition to the usual nuts and seeds.

Following is an announcement from the Northwoods Bear Foundation whose team put Lily Fans on the map big time in Ely for the last decade with their Lilypad Picnics. The announcement is about this summer and next.

Dear Friends
The last several years have been incredibly challenging across the world. Health and financial concerns were our deciding factors in opting out of the 2020 and 2021 Lilypad Picnics. While many restrictions have been lifted and mandates removed entirely, the pandemic is still a concern for some who would otherwise travel. Compounding that issue, the financial constraints we are facing right now are making things incredibly difficult. Additionally, due to committee availability, there is no way we can feasibly plan and host a gathering in the way we feel all deserve. Even with volunteer assistance, a picnic is not a viable option for us this year.

Because of these reasons, we are disappointed to announce that there will NOT be an in person picnic this summer, 2022, in Ely, Minnesota.

Please do not forget to cancel any lodging/outfitting reservations you may have made for the event.

Our new goal is to make a 2023 picnic the absolute biggest and most amazing event ever! This will make 14 years - hard to believe! - of gathering and support for our beloved bears.

Currently we are considering different options for another online auction this year. We also want to make this bigger and better than ever. Please stay tuned for updates on this auction as well as ways you can donate items. As always, thank you for the continued support for this event!

We will announce official dates for the 2023 picnic as soon as possible.

For those who are able to travel this summer, we truly encourage you all to consider visiting Ely. Your support of the Ely community and the NABC is very appreciated. Please remember you can also support the bear center via online purchases and donations.

On behalf of the NBF, thank you for your understanding during this time. We will work hard to bring you another wonderful auction this summer, to be followed by a fabulous picnic in 2023.

We appreciate your support!
Linda, Jen, Sandie and Jenn
Northwoods Bear Foundation

www.lilypadpicnic.com
Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can't help them, at least don't hurt them. Dalai Lama and mb

calhound

« Reply #24845 on: April 26, 2022, 05:49:31 AM »

hi you guys griz had to go potty it was his potty bark bark bark now its eat eat eat bark its 33 here hoping to mow today rain next 3 days and pearls pasture is getting away from me i like it mowed for coyotee and foxes and whatever to cross to the pond and now pond dam for them but may have to wait and let justin bale it this weather i do not like at all so will have to mow the dogs yard today its getting high. probably good to cancel that picnic so much in the world today.

GB Ukraine
 i checked turkey vulture cam and looks like mom on her eggs. coming griz gotta go

http://www.jigzone.com/puzzles/C2055D501C1F?z=0

on dog shame i gotta a few hanks  :)

johoward

« Reply #24846 on: April 26, 2022, 09:23:53 AM »

4:23Wow! Great for me.
only 45 degrees and windy. Will be inside today.
Nice to see all the young ones coming along.  Too bad about Lily Pad Picnic.  Maybe next year will be better, but once they lose their core committee it is hard to rebuild.  Sad, another covid loss due to mask and shot conflict.  People fight each other.  Both lose and covid wins.  Sucks.  All the tools to win are readily available to all , and still covid wins.  Stupid!
Well enough sour grapes for now.  GBU and GB Ukraine.

calihoula

« Reply #24847 on: April 26, 2022, 09:39:24 AM »

Russia loses last hope to scare the world off supporting Ukraine. Thus the talk of a ‘real’ danger of WWIII. This only means Moscow senses defeat in Ukraine. Therefore, the world must double down on supporting Ukraine so that we prevail and safeguard European and global

Dymytro Kuleba
Ukraine Government  Official

neva

« Reply #24848 on: April 26, 2022, 05:50:18 PM »

Bird on a bar ... 22:16             97°  (3:43)   Somewhat overcast and a light breeze.

I hope all is well with you two, and anyone else who might be here.
"Be the person your dog thinks you are."
(J.W. Stephens)

calihoula

« Reply #24849 on: April 26, 2022, 06:05:08 PM »

hi neva im finally done for the day i mowed pasture it was not very high mowed dogs yard it was high side yard high mowed for 3 hours could hardly get off my mower even with my cane stiff so still lots to mow in the pasture i did some in the middle now critters can cross there to gate that leads into other pasture with the horse pond when i was mowing toward it saw five little geese tried to turn but they got scared and flew off but could fly good we put a tub in there years ago maybe someone used it out far enough a coyotee cant get to it im really tired was behind on chores cause of mowing too long no break today till now dogs sleeping im ready to lay down wow hot for you! i got my ac on in here ceiling fan nice and cool in here. you get yours fixed? i read that ****( rand paul hate that guy says nato and ukraine started this war i googled rand paul is an a**hol* and brought up rand paul is an a**hol* lol tons of people saying that! how do people like that get elected well there is putin who i read made himself president for life. i got the second dune book but too tired too read tonight.

GB Ukraine!

calhound

« Reply #24850 on: April 27, 2022, 05:11:25 AM »

Miscellany - UPDATE April 26, 2022
Mink Spot
Mink Spot
Spot the Mink was happy today with a new treat that is better than bologna. Chicken fat. Spot gives me a good feeling because he seems to accept me and go about his work coming near me or whatever without concern. If I’m offering something good to eat, he’ll readily come. Otherwise, he has his own agenda. One of those is using his old labyrinth of tunnels under the snow. Mink Spot with Chicken
Mink Spot with Chicken
The picture shows him emerging from a passageway and giving a good view of his identifying marks.

The woodchuck looked like he wanted to tell me something but didn’t quite know how to say it.

I didn’t know if the lone redpoll who dared to stay and eat while a big herring gull stood quietly on one leg was brave, extra smart about gulls, or extra hungry. Redpolls are often unafraid of slow moving or still critters. If I stand still near their food, they even land on me. Such trust can be their downfall, though, as an observer in Ely saw with a flock of maybe a thousand redpolls. Although they fly away as a flock when a big bird swoops close, this observer saw a raven take a different approach. It stood very still in the redpolls’ feeding area and snatched several that dared to come close enough to get caught. It made the observer not like ravens.

Woodchuck
Woodchuck
Gull w/redpoll
Gull w/redpoll
Thank you for all you do.
Lynn Rogers, Biologist, Wildlife Research Institute and North American Bear Center

calhound

« Reply #24851 on: April 27, 2022, 05:17:44 AM »

hi you guys its 49 here see stars so not cloudy i love the update pictures are so good. spot groundhog and gull red poll so cute dr rogers good friends. i will try to mow some more today i am really sore.

God Bless Ukraine

http://www.jigzone.com/puzzles/AC055D542BC8?z=0

dog shame looks like some of our furniture

johoward

« Reply #24852 on: April 27, 2022, 07:42:30 AM »

7:44 I have a cold I think.  Negative covid test yesterday, but cough and runny nose still here for fifth day.  No fever and negative test say I am not dangerous to others, but I will distance and mask anyway.
I sometimes wonder why, after so many centuries, do nations still reach out and endanger those around them.  War as a way of governing benefits so very few people you would think the masses would stop the war for their own good.  Thank you God for giving our puppy of a nation the foresight to avoid war as well as we have, and may we continue to do so in spite of Jan 6th.
GBU EV1 and God Bless Ukraine

calihoula

« Reply #24853 on: April 27, 2022, 07:54:49 AM »

hi joho sounds like a cold and yes dont want to give that to others. this pitiful war all the lost of life over one sick evil selfish i cant even say person. a thing. fooled his people not all of them and yes that would not be the case here. now thing has cut off gas for aiding weapons and of course nukes i also read we and uk have the ability to seize launched nuke. west needs to shut up with plans putin and his pos defense minister his parrot see it all. said russia hit those weapons well send more and more keep some in nato land cause thing hits there its on.

gbu gb ukraine time to mow gb my mower

johoward

« Reply #24854 on: April 27, 2022, 09:37:14 AM »

Yes but Tasha just came out and wandered out of view towards the corner by the gate.  FYI