Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2023  (Read 463207 times)

LisaG1967

Re: Beak Room 2023
« Reply #3165 on: March 28, 2023, 11:49:14 AM »

tig - How is Spare?  I am glad you are feeling a lil better. 

Lori - Oh no, I was hoping would be feeling better.  I love all the advice from the Beakers, and appreciate it so much!  Bandit better stay out of the birthing center, is all I know!  ;D ::)

E4E - Thank you!  :-*

tsk - She has been under that bed all morning, came out around noon and back under!  I have my lil flashlight checking on her.

kb - Beautiful African fish eagle

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #3166 on: March 28, 2023, 11:50:59 AM »

Spring is in the Air!

Good morning Beakers!
Morning Blschue, Lilbro, Lori, Clynn, Tsk, Lisa, Oldguy, Puff, Eagles, Kb, Tig, Baz, Phyl, Peep, Jaspurr, Pink, Jilltosa, Karen, BL, Eburg, Weasel, Ezee, Bggolden, T40, ssrl, Maxie, and All!

Kb, stunning photo of the African Fish Eagle. MpMom and I loved watching and taking photos of them on Pete's Pond in Mashatu Game Reserve. But, the cam's quality was poor, and you couldn't capture the beauty of it's under wing feathers.

Lisa, "Bandit in birthing box" LOL! You and Jeff will be a wreck by the end of this first week since the news.  :-* Now, remember Bradley is taking notes of how you both handle this situation. It'll make a big impression when they need a sitter.  ;D  ;) ;D

Clynn, sweet precious White Tiger cubs, Mama is a beauty! So true about "stuff", though after two big moves, I still have a lot of stuff. It'll take the last move before I finally give up some things. But, I may leave it for the girls and my sister to go through. I've already talked to Aly about collections of dishes and special items.  ;D .. love your story of traveling with kittens. It was crazy time when we traveled with three cats, dog and fish from Kansas to Arizona. But, kittens would take it to another level.  :o

{{{Tsk}}} I wish for a good news channel too, even a couple hours would be nice. That's why I no longer watch news channel. I stream my favorites nests, shows and sports.

Phyl, beautiful sunrise... I'm very sorry for the loss of Aryana eggs.... have fun shopping.

Eagles Have a good day!

Royal Albatross - 3/28 10 amIt's weigh day.
67 days old SP chick was relaxed for weighing this morning
His weight is 5.3 kg which is slightly on the light side but hoping with today's weather it will bring in another parent/food.

Check out "Track the chick's weight"
https://doc.govt.nz/nature/native-animals/birds/birds-a-z/albatrosses/royal-albatross-toroa/royal-cam/track-the-chicks-weight/

https://twitter.com/i/status/1640553400675999746

« Last Edit: March 29, 2023, 12:42:58 AM by Lani »
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

Puff

« Reply #3167 on: March 28, 2023, 12:00:12 PM »

My first cat, my first litter - - My dad found it at the door when he got home from work, raining/pouring.  Said she could spend the night but she was out in the morning.  He always told stories about how he tortured cats when young.  Don't get ahead of me, he changed quickly.  We never named her because she wasn't staying anyway.  Called her Pussy Cat for 10 years.  Yep, she was looking for shelter because she was due to have her litter!  Had 3 kitties.  Only one name I can recall was Ugly!  What a sweetie he was. 

Anyway when I got married I took Pussy Cat.  That didn't work too well.  The family poodle Lady wouldn't eat, Pussy Cat wouldn't eat, my Dad wouldn't eat!  Had to take Pussy Cat HOME.  Things happened really fast.  Wasn't even a year as I recall that Dad felt a lump while he gave her her nightly belly rub.  He never said anything until the following night.  He told me while trying to stop sobbing.  He didn't even tell Mom until he got home with no Pussy Cat.  Dad loved Pussy Cat!  I'd like to say she was my first cat after all the dogs, But she wasn't.  I don't think/I don't remember ever seeing my Dad feel so bad.

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #3168 on: March 28, 2023, 12:45:38 PM »

LORI  Proper diagnosis and now healing is on the way!!!

LISA   I can just picture you and Jeff lifting the mattress and laying it askew on the bed so you can see/have access to her  LOL

LANI  spring is in the air   ;D

PUFF   Awww  what a story about Pussy Cat  :'(
Chicagoland

weasel65

« Reply #3169 on: March 28, 2023, 02:09:32 PM »

I just thought I pop in about kitty litter.  About 2 years ago, I switched to Pretty Litter.  It's great.  It acts similarly to those little packets that help keep things dry that you find in packaging. It also will alert you to any urinary issues with your kitty.  It changes color, and based on the color it changes to, it gives you an idea about what is going on with your kitty.  You just scoop up the poop and stir the rest so the urine is absorbed evenly.

I started using it after one of my girls was diagnosed with a urinary issue.  Thank goodness she's been fine since, but it's nice to know I have the litter to warn me of a change.

Eagles4evr1116

• Mom Decorah. Fan since 04/06/2011.
« Reply #3170 on: March 28, 2023, 05:00:24 PM »

Hi Lori! Sorry you are still sick, but hopefully the new medication will do the trick.  Prayers that you get well soon!

Tig - Reading is the perfect thing to be doing.  Get plenty of rest and relax, and hope you feel much better soon!

LisaG - When I was young, we had a cat that had kittens in my Dad's garage!  My Mom & Dad always had an opening for the cats to go in and out of the garage as they wanted.  My Dad had a box with rags & old towels in it and that is the place where she had her kittens!

Lani - Thanks for link on the weighing of the albatross chick - they are so careful & tender with how they do the weighing. :)

Puff - Wow, what a special story of Pussy Cat!!  Thanks for sharing!! :-*

Hi Weasel!

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #3171 on: March 28, 2023, 05:02:13 PM »

WEASEL   Good to know information.  By stirring around the urine til absorbed does this mean you have to change the whole box?  How often?
Chicagoland

LisaG1967

« Reply #3172 on: March 28, 2023, 05:24:53 PM »

Lani - Haha, that made me laugh about "Bradley is taking notes"!  He already thinks I don't know how to watch babies.   ::)  Thanks for the Royal update.  SP is looking good.

((Puff)) - Thanks for sharing your story about Pussy Cat.  :-*

tsk - The bed in Bradley's room is a futon bed, and the mattress sits on a metal bed frame.  The mattress can be easily lifted up, so I can get to her if needed.  Hoping it won't come to that.

weasel - Thanks for the info about the litter.  I think I have seen that brand before.

E4E - Aww, how nice of you Dad to keep a box of rags in the garage.  I am hoping she goes in the box. 

I am heading to bed early tonight.  See you all in the morning!

kbshcb

« Reply #3173 on: March 28, 2023, 05:53:10 PM »

Minnehaha Falls today....

So brutally cold this am with a walk...the whole week other than Sunday will be way below average and tomorrow below freezing for a high....should be around 50
Chris has said for over a month now: "Mom, summer is never going to come this year"
I'm starting to believe him.

Lani - so cool you and MpMom saw the Fish eagle on camera....I've not seen them before.

Good luck Lisa....get some rest and trust nature.

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
« Reply #3174 on: March 28, 2023, 06:48:52 PM »

Clynn   luv  your kitty story---cats and kittens are the best!! :-* :-*  Nice AMs today.
Awwww  'Love MeowMeow" mama tigress and cubs--gosh-a-mighty they're sooooo tiny as mom on her hind legs is taller than a 6' human male.
'Amen' to the 3 stages of Life.

Lisa pretty sunflowers this AM; Lol Bandit. He might be having empathy for Misty unlike some human males during their spouses pregnancies.  ;D

Kb awesome Subsaharan African fish eagle. I see some of those watching the African cams.  Awesome Minnehaha Falls  from this view

Hi Eagles gosh! Your mom has a while yet for her appt.  :(     Nice 'flutterby's/roses' this Am.
 Oh I've had loads for fun spending moo-lah. Let's see I bought a new left head light for Jim's
Pontiac as he had a collision with what I don't know. Wouldn't say.  I found some pest proof barrel shaped boxwood shrubs and 3 sets of Weather Tech sink mats 
 and bought replacement pieces for my  Haviland bone China.  ;D

Lisa   Looks like Miss Misty may have found her birthing place.
Good thing it's a Futon. 

Lori nice greetings today. Ditto on removing the birth sac---esp around the nose and mouth first  ???   
Shucks. Still feeling rotten. Perhaps the change in meds will help. Hope so, anyway.

Lani many thanks for the Royal Albatross , SP still has time to put on some KGs. Oh  l just saw the tweet of SP  :o    Tks for track chick weight link

Puff sweet story about 'Pussy Cat'

Hi Weasel

Jim's showered and all-didn't mow as it's too cold today, Maggie's snoozing in my desk chair.   All I have to do is slide it all inside the oven.
If I've missed something---I'll try to catch it in the AM. Unless it's some birth announcements.  I bet some will be all white  >:(

Pray for Nashville...
"Every new day begins with possibilities."
President Ronald Reagan  at  the 1985 Geneva Summit

#IstandwithEvan

Phyl

« Reply #3175 on: March 28, 2023, 06:53:13 PM »

'Good  Evening ...and Good Night"  .

#IstandwithEvan

Eagles4evr1116

• Mom Decorah. Fan since 04/06/2011.
« Reply #3176 on: March 28, 2023, 08:40:19 PM »

LisaG - I would hope that Bradley knows that you know how to take care of babies! :)  But if not, he will know soon enough! ;) ;D 

Kb - Wow, the pic of Minnehaha Falls is Amazing  :o ::)

Phyl - Sound like a good day of shopping for you - lots of good stuff will be coming your way!  ;D :)

Beakers have a good night and sleep well  :)

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #3177 on: March 29, 2023, 01:13:55 AM »

{{{Puff}}} Thank you for sharing the story of your dad and Pussy cat.  :'(

Weasel, I just read about Pretty litter thanks for sharing, good information.

SED Lisa,  :-*

{{{Kb, Chris and Ollie}}} Summer will come  :-*

Phyl, I love your Easter dog! LOLOLOL!!  ;D ;D ;D

Good night!

Sweet Eagle Dreams, Tsk, Oldguy, Lisa, Lilbro, Eagles, Baz, Lori, Karen, Puff, Pink, Clynn, Kb, Tig, Blschue, Phyl, BL and Pip, Godiva, Peep, Jaspurr, Ezee, Eburg, Lindy, RubyRed246, ssrl, Firetruck, Weasel, Jilltosa, Maxie, Masswatch, Paulie, DeborahG, MpMom and Pete, laniebelle, OnEagleWings, NWarg, Garmohoff, Nrstooge, WendyC3, Tigeag, T40, Ginger, Cwellsla, Nanimal, Bggolden, Nora, Rewrap4u, Eaglesrock, Teamcarnes, Seabeeinch, Walton, Sparky, Tulsaducati, Omasawyer, izzysamlikeseagles, bustopbird, Neva, Yank, Linda.L, smrf, nhJane.

Thinking of and missing, Peep, Jaspurr, Jilltosa, Wilson, Godiva, MpMom and Pete, Marrymo, Keystone, TxTeacher, Smb, Naimoj, Thyla/Anne, D7Birder, Indy, Neva, Smb, Alice, and those who have not been with us for a while.

Prayers For Lani's daughter Shannon, Tsk, Eagle's Kris, Lori and her grandma Clute, Puff, Tsk's friend Pam and Hubby, Pink's mother, Karen, Maxie and Larry, Camper's daughter, Ed's sis Gina, Tsk's Barb & Tom, Baz great niece and family, Tim, Peep's friend's family, Clynn's DIL's mom, Ed's friend Greg, Tsk's friend, Clynn's friend Kay, Puff's brother, Masswatch hubby Jamey, Pip's Dad, Ezee, EagleFanDave, Tim's Uncle, Paulie's granddaughter Madison, Emy and family, Clynn's mom and Ed,  Lori's grandmother, Tim, Tim's son and grandson, WW JW, Keystone, Jilltosa, Eaglesrock cousin Michael, Thyla/Anne, Neva's family, Weasel and family, and All here in need of healing and comforting.

Prayers for SWFL Dad and eaglets, and Harriets return.
Sauces Family.🙏

Prayers for Mississippi, Nashville 🙏

Special Prayers For Tsk, Phyl, Jim and Maggie, Karen, Blschue and family, Eagle's Kris, Lori and family, Phyl's BIL Danny and brother Dan.

Special prayers for All God's creature great and small, For SWFL Harriet and nest, NEFL Samson and Gabriella, Black Bear Ted, Lucy, Reggae, Taffy Apple, Maggie, Little One and all those like her, Dunrovin Harriet, Hellgate Iris, TRR rescue babies, Eagles's Star, The Fairy Penguins, Berry Mom,  Juliet and Romeo, Lucy and Larry, Alaska Bears and Wolves that they be saved, Decorah, E2/D1, Dr Rogers and Black bears Shadow and family and Wildlife Research Institute, and All God's creatures great and small.
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

Phyl

« Reply #3178 on: March 29, 2023, 06:27:02 AM »

Good Morning Everyone !

Today sunny and 63F . And, tonight 36F clear skies.

Lisa did  y ou get any 'shut-eye' last night ? Was Misty fidigeting last night?

Eaglesluv the cuddle dogs last night.

Lani the Cosmos last night was great. Thanks for adding Nashville to your prayer list.

Clynn Munchkin day?

#IstandwithEvan

Phyl

« Reply #3179 on: March 29, 2023, 06:27:45 AM »

Mississippi River Flyway Cam
Mar 29, 2023 6:22 AM
Camera Time: Mar 29, 2023 6:21 AM CDT