Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Birds in the News  (Read 489366 times)

T40cfr403

Re: Birds in the News
« Reply #7215 on: June 13, 2018, 08:23:18 PM »

Keeping Feathers Off Hats?And On Birds

https://www.smithsonianmag.com/history/migratory-bird-act-anniversary-keeping-feathers-off-hats-180969077/

The woman behind the gun (Library of Congress)

John James Audubon, Great Egret (Ardea alba), 1821 (Purchased for the New-York Historical Society by public subscription from Mrs. John J. Audubon, 1863)

Only within the moment of time represented by the present century has one species -- man -- acquired significant power to alter the nature of the world.
― Rachel Carson, Silent Spring

T40cfr403

« Reply #7216 on: June 13, 2018, 08:25:22 PM »

Only within the moment of time represented by the present century has one species -- man -- acquired significant power to alter the nature of the world.

T40cfr403

« Reply #7217 on: June 13, 2018, 08:27:36 PM »

Feds seek public's help after bald eagle nests destroyed on Kenai Peninsula

https://www.adn.com/alaska-news/wildlife/2018/06/08/feds-seek-publics-help-after-bald-eagle-nests-destroyed-on-kenai-peninsula/

An adult bald eagle watches over two young eagles in a nest in South Anchorage in July 2016. (Loren Holmes / ADN archive)

T40cfr403

« Reply #7218 on: June 13, 2018, 10:48:56 PM »

T40cfr403

« Reply #7219 on: June 13, 2018, 11:01:49 PM »

Stormy, the baby bald eagle, returns to California nest

http://www.ktvu.com/news/stormy-the-baby-bald-eagle-returns-to-california-nest

T40cfr403

« Reply #7220 on: June 13, 2018, 11:03:29 PM »

Someone is Killing Bald Eagles in Mid-Michigan and That's Not Okay

http://k1025.com/michigan-eagle-poaching-reward/

T40cfr403

« Reply #7221 on: June 13, 2018, 11:10:57 PM »

Bald eagles attempting to raise chicks in Louisiana succeed close to 100 percent of the time

http://www.fox8live.com/story/38163349/bald-eagles-attempting-to-raise-chicks-in-louisiana-succeed-close-to-100-percent-of-the-time

A bald eagle with its eaglet in its nest in New Orleans (John Snell)

T40cfr403

« Reply #7222 on: June 13, 2018, 11:12:01 PM »

T40cfr403

« Reply #7223 on: June 13, 2018, 11:15:05 PM »

T40cfr403

T40cfr403

« Reply #7225 on: June 13, 2018, 11:36:13 PM »

Al Cecere retires from American Eagle Foundation

https://www.wbir.com/video/news/local/five-at-four/al-cecere-retires-from-american-eagle-foundation/51-8124242

From Al's FB page:

Al Cecere
May 10

After 37 years of helping to save, protect and recover America's eagles and other birds of prey, I am now retired from the day to day activities of the American Eagle Foundation, which I was led to found in 1985, as well as the national Save The Eagle Campaign in 1983.

A lot of past blood, sweat, sacrifice and tears to say the least. But worth every minute.

I may possibly continue to serve on the AEF's Board of Directors, but, if not, I wish the American Eagle Foundation's Board and staff much success for the future. I am no longer President.

The past 37 years has certainly been a wonderful life with many special memories and opportunities.

Thankyou dear God and those who have supported
my efforts and struggles for so many precious years and allowing me the blessed opportunity to reach for the stars.

I just turned 70.

There is always a time for everything under the Sun
and God's Plan for our life.

God bless.

Al Cecere
Yesterday at 1:20pm

I received a wonderful retirement gift/surprise by Fed Ex today. Thank you very much to all my volunteer Cam Moderator friends with the North East Florida Eagle Nest. I love the new custom chair/bench you had made for me. It's very special and nicely crafted and carved. All of you are so thoughtful and kind. I will certainly enjoy the Mountain View sitting upon it whenever I can...maybe even when I'm writing my book (lol). Creating and developing the various on-line nest cams for all of you and millions of others to enjoy was one of my most favorite and inspiring projects to envision, initiate, plan and develop for public education purposes. Now I can enjoy the cams myself more often, as much as you all do.

Love and best wishes,

Al

« Last Edit: June 14, 2018, 11:12:16 AM by T40cfr403 »

T40cfr403

« Reply #7226 on: June 14, 2018, 10:29:16 AM »

T40cfr403

« Reply #7227 on: June 14, 2018, 10:31:49 AM »

T40cfr403

« Reply #7228 on: June 14, 2018, 10:32:53 AM »

T40cfr403

« Reply #7229 on: June 14, 2018, 11:07:10 AM »