Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Jewel and her cubs  (Read 667763 times)

calhound

• Eagle nest and Bear watcher since 2/23/11
Re: Jewel and her cubs
« Reply #28470 on: Today at 06:02:35 AM »

hi you guys its 70 here big storms sunday night i did not even wake up but lots of rain of course saw on the news two tornados in kansas one in shawnee and other in overland park tons of people without power but now most restored. too hot to not have power 

hi joho nice you visited bonnie who is annie and lizzie? nice you and karen are friends :) fish were saying oh he forgot his poles yay

http://www.jigzone.com/puzzles/77055D5D5290

Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can't help them, at least don't hurt them. Dalai Lama and mb

calihoula

« Reply #28471 on: Today at 08:11:47 AM »

joho news from sue on the mom decorah eagle and DM2 no cam on their nest

Sue Bruhling
  ·
Update on Mom Decorah, DM2 and at least one Eaglet!
Decorah Eagles - May 5, 2024
A Big Thank You! to our Boots on the Ground Larry Bellrichard & Cindy Bellrichard for this Wonderful News & Update! ❤
Today was the first time we saw mom sitting high on the backside of the nest instead of being barely visible in the bowl. So we decided to watch her for a while and within five minutes I saw a bobble head standing up. I would estimate it to be slightly smaller than the eaglets at the North Nest. I was hoping to see another bobble head or two but did not. A little later DM2 took off from his perch in a lookout tree which is about a hundred yards away from the nest. Mom followed about a half minute later. We then saw the bobble head stand up again and again it was just the one.
I can see why people will sometimes spend hours with their cameras aimed at the nest waiting for some action. It was exciting. 🙂
We watched a while longer figuring that some food may be on its way and the action would be informative. Well DM2 finally returned to his perch tree and Mom returned to a branch just below the nest with no food. We watched a little while longer and nobody was moving. We will probably check them out again tomorrow. Kind of wish we had a camera to record these guys.🙂👍
I've never met an animal I didn't like, and I can't say the same thing about people. Doris Day

johoward

« Reply #28472 on: Today at 08:59:03 AM »

Thanks Cal.  That is good news on Decorah bobble head.
I did 5:57 on the hippy VW bus.
Seems the driver is a dog lover.  She hopes dogs don't get sick from eating her lunch. In her truck! LOL.
Nothing to report from Debbie or Karen.  Lizzie and Annie are Bonnie's daughters.  Bonnie and Joan were BFF from junior high school until now.  Our families were very close.  I mean Sunday afternoon and most Holidays close.  Bonnies kids all call me "uncle".  Lizzie is my Goddaughter.  She lives in Texas.
Yes fish were happy.  They got to swarm around and gobble up the bread without any fear,  except for the bigger fish that came for bread too. LOL  I saw some really big carp , catfish, and bass.  All seemed happy to see me.  I went to lunch at the Hungry Bear in Litchfield.  It was more breakfast than lunch, but it suited me fine. 
Nice out today again.  Took a ride to the mailbox on my electric scooter just to try it out.  I don't need it any more, but I like to keep it charged up and functional in case someone does need it.  Joan bought it from our friend Rita, because Rita's paralyzed husband , Paul, kept taking trips out on the rural roads near us.  One day we saw him returning from a trip to the BMV.  It is about 2 miles away, and all country roads.  Very dangerous for a man who could not talk or walk.  He wanted to try to get his drivers license renewed.  Rita was away at the time.  Later when Joan told her we saw Paul coming back, she said please buy that scooter.  End of story.
Bye now EV1 GBU and all those sufferring today.

calihoula

« Reply #28473 on: Today at 10:06:28 AM »

Wright’s Fish & Chips  · Follow
  ·
A funny and true story about the Queen:
Around 2005, the Queen and her Personal Protection Officer, Dick Griffin, were walking alone one afternoon in the hills near the Scottish royal castle, Balmoral.
Two tourists approached them, and engaged in conversation. Griffin recalls:
"There were two hikers coming towards us, and the Queen would always stop and say hello.
"They were two Americans on a walking holiday.
"It was clear from the moment we stopped that they hadn't recognized the Queen, which was fine.
"The American gentleman was telling the Queen where they came from, where they were going next, and where they'd been in Britain.
"I could see it coming, and sure enough, he said to Her Majesty: 'And where do you live?'
"She replied: 'Well I live in London, but I've got a holiday home just the other side of the hills.'
"He said: 'How long have you been coming up here?'
"She replied: 'I've been coming up here ever since I was a little girl, so over 80 years.'
"You could see the cogs whirring, so he said: 'Well, if you've been coming up here for over 80 years, you must have met the Queen.'
"Quick as a flash, she said: 'I haven't, but Dick here meets her regularly.'
The hiker then asked Griffin what the monarch was like in person.
"Because I was with her a long time, and I knew I could pull her leg, I said: 'Oh, she can be very cantankerous at times, but she's got a lovely sense of humour.'
The next thing I knew, this guy comes round, puts his arm around my shoulder, and before I could see what was happening, he gets his camera, GIVES IT TO THE QUEEN, and says: 'Can you take a picture of the two of us?'
"Then we swapped places, and I TOOK A PICTURE OF THEM WITH THE QUEEN.
"And we never let on, and we waved goodbye.
"Afterwards, Her Majesty said to me: 'I'd love to be a fly on the wall when he shows those photographs to his friends in America, and hopefully someone tells him who I am'."
Rest in Peace Your Majesty

I've never met an animal I didn't like, and I can't say the same thing about people. Doris Day