Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Jewel and her cubs  (Read 657632 times)

johoward

Re: Jewel and her cubs
« Reply #28410 on: May 05, 2024, 10:10:58 AM »

6:40  Good morning EV1.  Happy Cinco De Mayo.  Cool here.  I had to put on flannel again.  72 degrees now.  So nice outside and only cool inside.
Had a good visit with Mary.  Hope she is having a good day today, but I doubt it.
Called Karen just in time on my ride home from Mary's.  I mean just in time to remind her the Derby was on TV.  She usually watches it all day on Derby Day.  This time she forgot.  She watched the actual Derby while I was approaching my driveway.  I was confused, because all the horses she called out at the finish were not familiar to me from seeing the prerace on TV before I started for home.  Sure enough when I came in and turned on the TV I saw she was accurate.  A lot of long shots came in.
Oh well, it was a good day for racing I guess.
Not sure what I will do today.  Nice to see the MO vultures rolling their two eggs around this morning. The North nest is showing snowy highlights for whatever reason.  Snowman is showing nice weather, but no animals.  One bear cam shows one pacing bear.
I think I will visit the sick a they say, and go see my friend Bonnie at her senior rest home.  Maybe I will take a bike ride too.  It has been a while.  I will take the ride first, because they are calling for rain later. CUL EV1 GBU, Israel, Ukraine, and all who are sufferring.

calhound

• Eagle nest and Bear watcher since 2/23/11
« Reply #28411 on: May 06, 2024, 06:26:29 AM »

hi you guys its 56 here real foggy wet big storm coming here tonight 8-10 pm severe everyone says so the farm local news weather channel so little doubt of it missing here barn still has water jim working on it on an off. heavy rain hail high winds tonight i will plug in extension cord in the barn power could go out unless jim will get up and head out there i need to head to post office and harps now first feed the dogs

hi joho i finally found that tv cam in marshall mo thought i kept it but see i did not do you have the link for it?

http://www.jigzone.com/puzzles/1C055D55DA2A?z=0
Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can't help them, at least don't hurt them. Dalai Lama and mb

johoward

« Reply #28412 on: May 06, 2024, 08:10:22 AM »

4:16 Good morning EV1. Got a good start today.  Cool but dry out.  Only 57 at 8:30.
Not sure how to relay links. Sorry!  I just Google it and hit the bookmark star up in the task bar.  Then I look at all my bookmarks to see where it got placed.  I am finding that with so very many bookmarks,  there are now four groups to look through, it is quicker to Google things for me. 
Mine is a Windows PC, and I like it a lot.  I have tried to use some Apple devices, and am not sure how people put up with them. The cursor is a barely visible grey ball which I can not easily find.  The format on the different pages is confusing.
 Well enough of that.  Just know I like my Windows format. Probably because I am used to it after many years.
Did look in on all the cams.  All seems normal. The one gosling family and the five gosling family are across the creek from each other.  It is good to se them stay close, because I think the one gosling is the one who jumped out on the creek side of the eagle nest and is now adopted by the pair he is with. No news on Mary yet today.  I did send the dog shame to Debbie, but have not heard back.  I sent it to Karen too.  She called him , "a little rascal". Just got a text from Debbie too. She laughed about the gutters!  Thanks Cal for sharing.
I see a lot of moths on the Decorah eagle cam where the two goose families are.  I wonder if those are Gypsy Moths.  It is a huge swarm, and if so there will be a lot of foliage destroyed.  Not to mention trees killed too.
CUL EV1 GBU, Israel, Ukraine, and all who are suffering.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2024, 08:14:33 AM by johoward »

calhound

« Reply #28413 on: May 07, 2024, 05:44:51 AM »

hi you guys its 56 here got rain came i think at 1 am no power went out and barn did not get more rain in it. we did not get that big wind or heavy rain it stayed above us and below us i think still it did rain rainy a little right now but not like what they said it would be saw lots of tornado all around bad flooding in texas and if trump opens his mouth again in court judge says jail time but he gets secret service all the time how would that work maybe trump you could respect the court room like everyone else has too.

hi joho saw your picture of your neighbors i have some of them they are nice neighbors to have arent they? kitchen coyotes going off my porch birds awake and talking your talking about moths yesterday in the kitchen the dogs stepped on a moth it was fluttering on the floor i put on the table had some cereal and a washcloth put little water on the cereal for it. i am sure i cant fix its one wing hoping it grows back together read some can live for a long time.

gotta drive to the city in a bit get my new tooth i am dreading that it will hurt then will have to have a shot in the roof of my mouth and that makes me cry only one more tooth left to get if something does not happen to another one and i am sure it will.

http://www.jigzone.com/puzzles/35055D5B3A57
Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can't help them, at least don't hurt them. Dalai Lama and mb

johoward

« Reply #28414 on: May 07, 2024, 08:15:44 AM »

Sounds almost normal for you Cal.  Good luck at the dentist.  I need to go take a shelter dog, Maxine, to her hair dresser this morning.  So I will do the puzzle and post time later. HAGD EV1 GBU.

paulie

• Live...Laugh...Love
« Reply #28415 on: May 07, 2024, 09:06:56 AM »

Cal, Hi back to you. Good the heavy rains and tornados stayed away from your area. I hope your dental appointment goes well for you.

calihoula

« Reply #28416 on: May 07, 2024, 12:24:12 PM »

hi joho hi paulie! joho im on my newer ipad and on my top bar is that 2024 turkey vulture cam so i got it paulie i was afraid to go get my new tooth and that christina came and got me jim was coming at nine to get me to go over to remax by there sign papers christina was extremly nice to me dr platte came over he is always nice to me he talked about our storms last night i told him i woke up,jim was up indy was okay dr platte ask if indy got scared at storm noise yes i keep a radio on always lights always on he has ac or heat if needed then one of us go out there check i did not say about sweets he did not ask so christina getting ready to hand tighten my new tooth i said im afraid it will hurt again dr platte said i got a shot made up,i said well those hurt too she looked said oh your gum looks great ! dr platte said it does all healed up i said christina it hurt before cause i told you dr foster just cut it open said it would be very sore she said yes your right so she tighten it it did not hurt at all dr platte torked it did not hurt bite was off he grinded it got it perfect jim was waiting for me in waiting room he said i bet someone got her ass chewed out   :)so feels different tooth there after two years it looks good like a real tooth again. got one more dr foster open it up end of july might need shot then but at least it will not be on the roof of my mouth. ra said your son was or still is a professer pretty cool paulie
I've never met an animal I didn't like, and I can't say the same thing about people. Doris Day

calihoula

« Reply #28417 on: May 07, 2024, 02:11:18 PM »

Experienced carousel riders only!
I've never met an animal I didn't like, and I can't say the same thing about people. Doris Day

johoward

« Reply #28418 on: May 07, 2024, 03:44:36 PM »

5:26 GTG CUL EV1 Cooking etc.  GBU Sounds good Cal.

calhound

« Reply #28419 on: May 08, 2024, 05:48:00 AM »

hi you guys its 53 here 60 in the barn stars in the sky no rain

http://www.jigzone.com/puzzles/04055D5319B9?z=0

johoward

« Reply #28420 on: May 08, 2024, 10:15:35 AM »

I want to ride that carousel for experienced riders.  LOL
Fancy chicken took only 6:02, but my eyes are watering this morning.  I think I could have done even better if not for that.
Thanks Cal for the dog shame too.  I have been sending pics of these to Debbie and Karen lately.  They both like them.  Debbie especially.  Since she is very dog oriented.
 My trip to take Maxine to the groomer did not end well.  She had loose stool in her carrier, and the groomer would not do her.  So I had to return her to the shelter for Parvo exam and rescheduling.
Was a very busy day all day yesterday.  I went to bed early.  Did not get up early.
Today I think I will start my Spring House Cleaning.  I see lots of dust, and is is a cool day here.
I did get to see a presentation about the history of boat building in this area.  It seems the abundance of trees to build with and the lake front to test the boats was an attractions years ago.  The Lyman boat company was local to Cleveland and then Sandusky and very famous.  During the war this area furnished a lot of craft for the effort.  The famous military landing craft were designed here, and many were built here. They were taken by truck to the railroad.  Then shipped to the Mississippi River or the east coast for the military.  The final part of the talk focused on a video depicting the currant restoration of an antique Lyman wood boat originally built many years ago.  It is one of only nine built, and is a classic.  After restoration it will be displayed in the Maritime Museum.
My meatloaf came out good.  I have a lot leftover.  Maybe I can get someone to help me finish it.
It is nice out today.  76 degrees and partly cloudy, but dry. I will go check the mail soon.  I hope it is there.  I never know.
Bye for now EV1 GBU, Israel, Ukraine, and all who are sufferring including animals.

calihoula

« Reply #28421 on: May 08, 2024, 11:54:12 AM »

hi joho poor maxine seems groomer really should of cleaned her up. i hope someone did. i really hope she does not have parvo. good boat history story you told. kitchen coyotees and calihoula would love your left over meatloaf. right girls? what did you say food where is it earlier way earlier i was in the barn radio made alert sound indy looked up bad storm over my late sisters susie place later i was sitting here kitchen table and it was dark out thunder roaring storm here real windy it moved fast so not much rain hope susies farm is okay so far away i need to sell it but not this year jim called our cpa selling his dad condo and insurance too we be in trouble with taxes i told jim refund we get every year you will have to put it back in savings acct and pay taxes from that money we use that for all our trucks cars insurance for year and propane contract.oh shoot i got to send back propane deal if you are an experience rider you can ride that me and susie and our mom very experienced

johoward

« Reply #28422 on: May 08, 2024, 12:18:50 PM »

I have one experience on a barn fast horse who I had to walk a mile back to his loving barn. He wanted to complete the long trail ride he was familiar with in a record short time.  He ran very fast out front of everyone and crossed a knee high alfalfa field at full speed.  I thought I would die.  I dropped one rein and had a very hard time getting it back.  I was sure he would step on it and send us both head over heals at full speed.  He finally stopped when he got in a shady wild cherry tree lined lane, and let me jump off.  He stayed by me with his chest heaving in and out until a girl who knew horses well came up to tell me Joan was also walking her horse back to the barn.  So I tried to get back in the saddle, but he did not want that.  He kept circling away from me as I lifted my foot to the stirrup.  So I walked him back and found Joan. A farm hand got on him to show me how to do it with this horse, and almost died trying to keep him from bucking.
 That was it for both of our lifetime horse experiences but I still think I could handle that scary carousel. LOL
I want to make fun of you wasting your nice new teeth on rabbit food, but I am not sure I know you well enough.  GBU my friend.

calhound

« Reply #28423 on: May 09, 2024, 06:06:18 AM »

hi you guys its 54 here joho i have been on that wild ride too. and that circling around with stirrup at first but i was lucky to have my mom she helped me trained my horse to stop that. me and susie use to go across the street at my dads gas station way back when and mom kept her horse at mrs barkleys place across the street. they had land and a big house lots help worked there big barn and me and susie would get on roxie with just a bridle both of us and ride her to the end of that land and she would say BARN and took off sometimes we fell off and walked back sometimes we held on to the barn duck our heads cause she went in the barn and not so many years ago i was riding pearl over in our hay field and she was afraid of everything and a huge wind came up i said wow that sounds like a train oh oh pearl took off full speed i had the reins pulled back tight but pearl kept going jumping over a huge ditch omg pearl i had to duck she ran inside the barn and many times when i was young lost a rein have to get it back. my roxie get in the pond but riding her a little puddle she made a big ordeal of that and a huge jump over it.  yes you can ride that horse on the carousel for sure!! i did not eat rabbit food i ate my usual cheese pizza and a peach jelly sandwich. new tooth is nice to have. i got to head down to walmart like now going to walk it with a cart you know

http://www.jigzone.com/puzzles/0F055D5B6A5A?z=0

johoward

« Reply #28424 on: May 09, 2024, 07:43:42 AM »

6:39 No comment. LOL
Yes Cal with a cart.  I do know.  I was always happy to see someone left a cart in the parking lot for me to grab without walking very far.  That way I could leave my cane in the car.  I was really happy when some other handicapped person would leave the electric cart in the lot.  I always prayed it did not have a dead battery.
 I am glad I got all the surgery I did get.  Now I can walk just fine.  Sometimes I take along my cane, which is gaudy, red, and pink because it was Joan's cane, just for security.  I get lots of comments on the cane.  I just smile in response. I know why I have it with me.
Good thing you kept ducking your head!
No plans for today.  Did not do much cleaning yesterday.  Maybe I will today while it is raining. 90 percent they say.  Maybe not if someone wants to play cards or something. We will see.
I sent that dog shame to Debbie and Karen.  It is a cutey.  I have seen dogs do this.  It is kind of scary to think something is disturbing them, but you can't see anything.
Bye now EV1 GBU, Israel, Ukraine, and all who are sufferring.