Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2024  (Read 130252 times)

Puff

Re: Beak Room 2024
« Reply #3795 on: April 23, 2024, 05:47:38 AM »

C Lynn , thanks for posting the links to  the sweet sloths and on the efforts to save the ferrets!  Enjoyed a trip to San Diego and the wonderful  zoo, a few years ago!   Great place  and nice city!   Seds

Agree whole heartedly kareng  SanDiego has a fine zoo environment. I highly recommend.

P

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
« Reply #3796 on: April 23, 2024, 06:00:52 AM »

Needle felting

Good Morning Everyone.

Currently: 44F clear with a   High  76F sunny,  Low 44F

Yesterday, finished Jim' s weeding. Since Jim forgot to charge the hedge trimmer---I use the long
handle pruners on the rose bushes in the back. Suffice to say---all those push-ups I've been
doing really paid off.  ;D                                   

PUFF- visited San Diego Zoo in my twenties--it's one of the best.

Prayers for:     Our friend and ally the Nation of Israel and peace for her people. Laken Riley, all those like her and family; Eaglesrock . All abandoned, abused  cats and feral cats; The Bluebirds of Cane Ridge, Tennessee, Hummingbirds, Bumble Bees  and Honey bees everywhere . The Beakroom and Cheers.

https://www.nationalgeographic.com/ 
https://greatergood.com/
https://www.livescience.com/

"Every new day begins with possibilities."
President Ronald Reagan  at  the 1985 Geneva Summit

#IstandwithEvan

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
« Reply #3797 on: April 23, 2024, 06:01:38 AM »

"Every new day begins with possibilities."
President Ronald Reagan  at  the 1985 Geneva Summit

#IstandwithEvan

clynndunn

• For the love of Eagles....
« Reply #3798 on: April 23, 2024, 06:39:21 AM »

Good Morning Beakers!

Phyl, love the Chorus at Dawn 365! Someone did a great job on the felted eagle! Now don't you overdo on the yard work! Love the moon and stars you posted last night, wonder if it is for sale somewhere... I'll search! Glad to hear you are out living your Dad's time on this earth...I have thought I should at least live 17 more years, every year. Mom will be 90 in November and was 17 when I was born. But one never knows...

Lani, love the wrinkled puppies sleeping... Hope you are all doing well in your beautiful forest home!

E4E, yes, had a good time at Mom's, she is doing well! The weather was nice and warm (86 one day), then a storm blew through during the night and it was chilly! The heat even came on! Warmer days are coming, I am sure of it!

tsk, I had my favorite Monty Python movies on DVD, which I finally donated to Goodwill. I am going to look and see if they are on youtube!  The Life of Brian, The Search for the Holy Grail and The Meaning of Life!

Lisa, don't you love walking out of the salon after a trim? Always feels good!

Benny Bruhling - Flying High, With Decorah Eagles:
Good afternoon my fine feathered friends. Today once again I have Mom Decorah photo's, Mom and Dad Decorah made the live cam famous, so that's why we do our best to keep this show alive. Even though Dad is gone Mom is still here with here new mate DM2, who has proven himself to be a good dad. These photos are taken at N4 behind Walmart, Decorah Eagles  - Sue Bruhling and I can't get enough of this pair, we will keep following them as long as we are able to do so. With the help of our good friends Cindy Bellrichard & Larry Bellrichard this show will continue. Today I have photos of Mom & DM2 taking good care of their youngsters. Although it may be hard to see Mom in these photo's because the nest bowl is so deep, you can see her head if you look closely. As always I want my friends to be safe and enjoy life to its fullest. My annoying song choice for this post LOL is: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ttdNTXX7r82.xx&oh=00_AfDjemghWDeFu4dUO7LHRruVB2GsHConyR6F5dmkjpQbuQ&oe=662D72D8

Never lie, steal, cheat, or drink. But if you must lie, lie in the arms of the one you love. If you must steal, steal away from bad company. If you must cheat, cheat death. And if you must drink, drink in the moments that take your breath away. ~ Unknown

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #3799 on: April 23, 2024, 06:57:24 AM »

Another very windy day today.  Cloudy heading to 61

KB   No insurance - WOW

EAGLES   Beautiful beach area - Bet it is popular  ;)

OLDGUY   I remember "Spirit in the Sky".     Wonder how long it took for the GEneral to get used to the harness?  Claire sure is giving new life to that senior cat!  Good Santi  :D

PHYL  My grandfather - Dad's dad - died at 68.  I remember my Dad getting a bit nervous when 68 approached for him...He lived to 90!   I'd love that good night lighting fixture  :o   Amazing felted eagle  :o

CLYNN   Purples and pinks this AM  ;D   Thanks for Benny's pics.  It has been a couple years since that nest has had a baby, right?
Chicagoland

camperstig

• "Hoo hoo hoo hoo!"
« Reply #3800 on: April 23, 2024, 07:27:52 AM »

some bounce

Clynn - welcome back. Thanx for the update on Mom Decorah.

A rest day and BBall tonight on TV

TTFN
camper'sTIG - South Central MN
Decorah follower since Apr 2, 2011
"May Bob now soar with the eagles and dive with the falcons. You've left a living legacy behind on the earth" (barbells126)

LisaG1967

« Reply #3801 on: April 23, 2024, 08:47:15 AM »

Good Morning Beakers

tig - Sounds like a relaxing day for you. 

tsk - Pretty morning greeting.  We have been a lil chilly in the mornings, mid 40's.  Had to turn the heat back on to take the chill off. 

clynn - Pretty morning flowers in greeting. Yes, love walking out of salon after a cut, color and highlights.  I feel like a new person.  :D  Thanks for the pic from Benny. 

Phyl - Cool needle felted eagle.  Thanks for links this morning. 

Lani - Love the sleeping pups.  Oh, now I have a earworm...all you have do is say,  O Brother Where art thou, and the song is stuck in my head all day!   ;D

oldguy - LOL, minion!  Thanks for the videos.

E4E - Beautiful pic of The Beach in Pacific Grove, Ca...one day, I am going to visit CA!

kb - Hope all is ok with Vi's house. 

tsk - LOL, Tim

kbshcb

« Reply #3802 on: April 23, 2024, 11:27:52 AM »

https://twitter.com/i/status/1781684755345408447

why of course that's what a doggy would do to help a stuck kitty...

Lisa - Yes, Dennis and Vi's home is okay...they will paint the house and fix their side yard etc. but in general they are lucky.

I took Ollie for a walk past the house today...insulation was on the street and boulevards for 2 blocks east of the explosion and it still smelt like fire...burnt stuff I guess that smell may linger for awhile.

I somehow hurt my thumb joint at the base of my hand....quite necessary I again discover so keeping this short.

Discovering more and more about the house "owners"....the news was fairly shallow compared to reality

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #3803 on: April 23, 2024, 12:19:23 PM »

KB  Cute video.  Smart dog?   Wonder how the kitty got out there to start with .   No insurance and 7 people living in the house does present a question....
Chicagoland

camperstig

• "Hoo hoo hoo hoo!"
« Reply #3804 on: April 23, 2024, 01:08:07 PM »

some bounce

For those interested... I "follow" this captain on the YouTube. He is documenting work on the water in Baltimore. Here is his latest update, with a note about the folks who were on the bridge at the end of the video.
https://youtu.be/81lzj8L3dls?si=O-R6IcIQ2c6ECAZG

camper'sTIG - South Central MN
Decorah follower since Apr 2, 2011
"May Bob now soar with the eagles and dive with the falcons. You've left a living legacy behind on the earth" (barbells126)

baziunc

• Queen of Decorah - April 10, 2016
« Reply #3805 on: April 23, 2024, 01:21:23 PM »

Clynn, LOLOL on that Monty Python scene! Sooo hilarious! I love Monty Python!!  :D :D :D Well, pooh on the patch not working well for your drive. I wonder if you can put the right amount of gauze between the patch and your closed eyelid to keep your eye closed without putting too much pressure on it and without having to use tape. I'm sure our brains must try to work some of those circuits when the eyelid is open, even when behind a patch, causing "interference" in the vision... or something like that. Hope you find the solution that works just right!
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, that is why it is called the present."   ― A.A. Milne

"Hope for the best and accept what comes." ― President Jimmy Carter, on Aug. 20, 2015, during press conference at The Carter Center

baziunc

« Reply #3806 on: April 23, 2024, 01:41:14 PM »

Good night!

Lani, your good night pups make me want to scooch up close, wrap my arms around them, and say, "Snuffleupagus." LOL. Not the character by that name, just the sound of that word, describes the feeling to me of doing that. They look so sweet with those loveably snuggly velvety mugs.  :-* :-*
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, that is why it is called the present."   ― A.A. Milne

"Hope for the best and accept what comes." ― President Jimmy Carter, on Aug. 20, 2015, during press conference at The Carter Center

baziunc

« Reply #3807 on: April 23, 2024, 02:01:34 PM »

HAPPY DAY, BEAKERS!!  :)

T40cfr403

« Reply #3808 on: April 23, 2024, 02:50:18 PM »

Benny - Thanks for the rare photo of Mom and DM2. Long time no see. What a treat! ;)
Only within the moment of time represented by the present century has one species -- man -- acquired significant power to alter the nature of the world.
― Rachel Carson, Silent Spring

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #3809 on: April 23, 2024, 03:19:13 PM »

TIG   Interesting look at the tug war horses!!!

T40   I too appreciate all the efforts of the Bruhlings to keep our "original" Decorah Mom in the spotlight!!  I appreciate those two :-*
Chicagoland