Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2023  (Read 458746 times)

clynndunn

• For the love of Eagles....
Re: Beak Room 2023
« Reply #5505 on: May 30, 2023, 06:59:07 AM »

Good Morning Beakers!

We worked on the yard most of the day yesterday, got everything into the dumpster that we could. They are picking it up today! Will be glad to see that big yellow eyesore out of my driveway. Goodbye old shed, Ed has been building shelves in the new one. He is less than a so-so construction person.  ::) ::)  Will be going out to Kay's later this morning, Debbie flew in yesterday, she has a 9:00 appointment at the bank. She was never able to find the password to Kay's computer, so will have to depend on the bank to know what bills need to be paid and what needs to be cancelled. She plans to leave Friday morning in the U-Haul with the items she is taking back to Florida.

Lani, thank you for posting the Beaker Remembrance photos! I was so frustrated trying to get the new military collages finished that I totally forgot about our precious Beakers...

Phyl, love those skinny legs on the little girl with the huge ice cream cones! Jim's scrape on his arm sounds sort of like the one Kay got on her leg. They grafted it with pig skin...it looked good when it was all healed, but very awful when it first happened. Wow, those bluebirds are fast! All of our babies are looking good, Two Harbors, Decorah, GSB! Now hoping the black flies stay away!

oldguy, love the Proud Mary with Tina and Cher, and Elton John at the piano!  I kept waiting for him to get up and join them! That blueberry yogurt bark you posted for karen looks yummy, I saved it for future use!

Lori and karen, many thanks for the Memorial Day article! It was very interesting and informative!

baz, yes, I have experienced the 'in/out/can't decide' cat actions! It has been nice and cool here until yesterday afternoon . Now the sliding door is shut and they will have to let me know when they want to go out or in! We just left it open earlier. In/Out as they pleased! 

Lani/baz, there is a simple device you can get to keep ants out of the hummingbird feeders, it's called an 'ant moat'. You fill it with water and the ants trying to get to the sugar water fall in and drown. Some feeders have it built in. Here is one like Mom has on her feeder, from Walmart:

Lori, good to see you! Hope you and Destini are both well and happy!

Boulder County Fairgrounds Osprey Cam - Riv Hellington  ·

Lovely day! Mom demonstrates her superb shading skills during a stretch, the chicks snooze, dad preens, a cormorant airs its wings, and a pelican cruises looking for a fishy lunch.

Never lie, steal, cheat, or drink. But if you must lie, lie in the arms of the one you love. If you must steal, steal away from bad company. If you must cheat, cheat death. And if you must drink, drink in the moments that take your breath away. ~ Unknown

camperstig

• "Hoo hoo hoo hoo!"
« Reply #5506 on: May 30, 2023, 07:32:22 AM »

some bounce

Tuesday. Chance of rain here. We might go look at other resorts in the area (that we had not seen when searching/found this one). We battled mosquitos all night! Grr.
Yesterday, I caught/released about 2 dozen nasty Perch (sorry Iowans). But I caught 3 nice sunnies. The neighbor (for the past 5 yrs.) trolls the shoreline (I don't use the trolling motor) and has been getting his limit of bass... so he gives some to us... already cleaned! And she saw me and carried my bucket of fish up the hill to the fish cleaning shack for me. They are so sweet. Only one of their kids/grandkids are coming up next week because the other just had a another grandbaby. We will be getting them a gift card for the local ice cream shop again this year.
Back to sleep for a while. BBL
camper'sTIG - South Central MN
Decorah follower since Apr 2, 2011
"May Bob now soar with the eagles and dive with the falcons. You've left a living legacy behind on the earth" (barbells126)

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #5507 on: May 30, 2023, 07:35:00 AM »

58 heading to 85  sunny and air quality alert.

PHYL   Sorry about Jim's arm.  Injury in the line of duty.  Combo  - blood thinners and thin skin.  Never pleasant.  Hope it heals quickly.

BAZI  I'll post the "ant catcher" when done.  It works.

LORI  Thanks for posting Karen's link

OLDGUY  Good Pluggers.  Bet you had a busy weekend!    Great Proud Mary - nice surprise at the end.  :D   Interesting piece on cats.  Knowing that meowing is like a baby's crying and gets attention  LOL

CLYNN  So a new shed is part of the backyard renovation?   Will be nice to have the dumpster gone.  Big job ahead for Debbie  - sorting out what is what.   Thanks for posting the ant catcher I told BAZI about.  Now I won't post it  LOL

TIG   They are very nice neighbors to share fish with you and help with the hauling.  Bet Camper is getting some good pics.  Bummer about the mosquitos
Chicagoland

LisaG1967

« Reply #5508 on: May 30, 2023, 07:43:53 AM »

Good Morning Beakers

Wanted to say hello before I headed out this morning, I have an appointment to get my oil changed/tires rotated and whatever else needs to be done before my drive to Decorah in July.

Morning tsk, tig and all   :)

karen - I will get Jeff to take some pics today.  He is going to be kitty sitting while I am at dealership. 

Phyl - Thanks for the pets and kisses for kitties.  Oh no, Jim's arm.  Did you doctor it up?

baz - Hope you had a good weekend.

Lori - Thanks for the Why do we celebrate Memorial Day — and should it return to its roots? from karen. Mmmm, that hummingbird cake! 

olguy - That frozen yogurt bark look delicious!  Thanks for adding the recipe. Thanks for the videos.

E4E - We did have a nice day, but it rained all day, so I made lasagna.  Jeff wanted to grill, tho. 

Lani - Hope you all had a good weekend. 

clynn - Love all the flowers in your morning pics.  You sound like you had a busy weekend. 

Eagles4evr1116

• Mom Decorah. Fan since 04/06/2011.
« Reply #5509 on: May 30, 2023, 09:07:29 AM »

OG - Have a good work day and enjoy some relaxation when you return home!  Loved the Tina, Elton, Cher vid!!!  ;D

Lani - Punchbowl Cemetary is quite beautiful - I remember you mentioning (previously) about having family out there. :-*

Phyl - Like the sunny GSB pic!  Thanks for all the wonderful pics!

Lori - Luscious birthday cake for Karen  :)

Clynn - All of you have been amazing in all that you've gotten cleared out in a short time!  Hope Debbie has good luck at the bank appt.   Like the Boulder County Osprey pic!

Tig - Sounds like good fishing and glad you've gotten some nice help with carrying, etc.  I remember you got them a gift card last year for ice cream - very nice.

LisaG - Good for you in getting those things taken care of before you make the drive to ATF!  Yum - bet your Lasagna was so delish! :)

Everyone have a great day.

karengramke

« Reply #5510 on: May 30, 2023, 09:08:16 AM »

Thanks Old Guy! May try that recipe! 
Lori, thanks for posting and for that delicious Hummingbird cake!  Back in the day, I made one!   Complicated recipe but so good good!
Phyl and clynn, thanks for the nest round ups!  Everyone seems to be growing up nicely! I too hope the black flies are not a problem!
Tig, I think the further north you go, the bigger the mosquitoes are!  Some are like b52 bombers!  Iam sure you pAcked repellant in your supply kit!
 Ama finch still on the nest!  I hope these eggs are  she has worked hard?
She fertile!
Clynn, thanks for the hanging basket of sunpatients!   Just what I needed for the patio!
Have a nice day everyone!  Sunny  morning here and warming up!

clynndunn

« Reply #5511 on: May 30, 2023, 09:10:44 AM »

tsk, yes, the old 25 year old shed took some hits during the hailstorm last fall and to my surprise our insurance paid for a new one! For this one we had a concrete floor poured which will be much better! The plywood floor had finally succumbed and the chipmunks were using it as a grand hotel! Lots of tunnels under what was left of the plywood. We are headed to 88 today with a possible stray shower or thunderstorm. We actually could use some rain!

tig, mosquitoes! Ugh! You can badmouth perch, I don't care! LOLOL! Don't like it either, but then I am not a native of Iowa...

Lisa, Jeff is kitty sitting, he is a sweetie! And I bet he is enjoying every minute of those furry little kids!

« Last Edit: May 30, 2023, 09:36:27 AM by clynndunn »
Never lie, steal, cheat, or drink. But if you must lie, lie in the arms of the one you love. If you must steal, steal away from bad company. If you must cheat, cheat death. And if you must drink, drink in the moments that take your breath away. ~ Unknown

clynndunn

« Reply #5512 on: May 30, 2023, 09:15:02 AM »

Happy Birthday Again Karen!

karengramke

« Reply #5513 on: May 30, 2023, 09:37:21 AM »

Oh Clynn?  What a colorful display of goodies?  Thank you!

kbshcb

« Reply #5514 on: May 30, 2023, 09:58:55 AM »

https://twitter.com/i/status/1662848958643810310

I'm so busy today I need these sheep dogs to direct me where to go first.

Amazing drone footage.

Happy Tuesday all.

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #5515 on: May 30, 2023, 11:20:29 AM »

CLYNN   The new shed will be a work of art.  Concrete slab a good idea.  Love the owl with the nose hanging over  ;D

Tig  I love fresh caught perch!!!

KB  You are right about the drone footage - We'd have no idea otherwise.  Wonder how the dogs know where to lead them?
Chicagoland

kbshcb

« Reply #5516 on: May 30, 2023, 11:40:49 AM »

tsk - I've watched shows about this...a human is calling out or whistling some trained movement of the dogs....not sure this is going on in this one but I see a vehicle following behind so most likely..

Those dogs are trained very well.

Whew, hot and getting humid here....tig, we might have some strong storms and/or hail this afternoon...
Hope you made contingencies for that..
Course cause they will be "pop up" ones we won't know till almost already on top of us.

I'll roll my large umbrella down and move some special annual plants to safer areas just in case..

The weather now just feels like something might pop.

baziunc

• Queen of Decorah - April 10, 2016
« Reply #5517 on: May 30, 2023, 11:49:17 AM »

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, KAREN!!!  I hope you have a wonderful day of fun surprises and yummy treats!   :)

and...

;) :D  Coming soon to a rooftop near you...

"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, that is why it is called the present."   ― A.A. Milne

"Hope for the best and accept what comes." ― President Jimmy Carter, on Aug. 20, 2015, during press conference at The Carter Center

camperstig

• "Hoo hoo hoo hoo!"
« Reply #5518 on: May 30, 2023, 12:13:46 PM »

TSK... all how each was raised I guess. My preference: 1. bass 2. crappie 3. sunny 3. northern 4. walleye (by accident)

KB ... yep. Hanging plants on ground in shade; umbrella laid across/under chairs

I've been fighting a wet cough since last night. I took an allergy pill. Maybe it was being out in the (smokey?) wind for 6 hours yesterday and sleeping with a window open (I'm not used to that).
camper'sTIG - South Central MN
Decorah follower since Apr 2, 2011
"May Bob now soar with the eagles and dive with the falcons. You've left a living legacy behind on the earth" (barbells126)

baziunc

• Queen of Decorah - April 10, 2016
« Reply #5519 on: May 30, 2023, 12:22:46 PM »

HAPPY DAY, BEAKERS!  :)

I've been watching the Roland Garros French Open Tournament that started over the weekend - finishing the 1st round up today, with lots of upsets already. Lots of good matches, and a new crop of younger players breaking in to the rankings and the tennis-going counsciousness. My boyfriend, Rafa (Rafael Nadal)  ;) :-* :-* :-* , is an astounding 14-time French Open Champion, from 2005-2022!! During those 18 years, the only other winners have been Roger Federer (once), Novak Djokovic (twice), and Stan Wawrinka (once). Rafa Nadal is the all-time best, most incredible clay court player, He is not playing in the French Open this year, due to a hip injury. He hopes to be back for Wimbledon this summer - the next major - and has also said that he expects 2024 to be his last year playing the tournaments.   :(  He has inspired so many players, and has set so many records!  I'm going to miss him!!

Waving to All the Beakers! Take care.  :)
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, that is why it is called the present."   ― A.A. Milne

"Hope for the best and accept what comes." ― President Jimmy Carter, on Aug. 20, 2015, during press conference at The Carter Center