Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Southwest Florida Eagles (Pritchett)  (Read 43020 times)

ssrl

Re: Southwest Florida Eagles (Pritchett)
« Reply #45 on: January 31, 2021, 11:34:01 AM »

Thanks for the update Lori, hope they can get back to the nest soon!

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #46 on: February 02, 2021, 10:33:04 AM »

CROW morning update

Update on E17 & E18 form the Southwest Florida Eagle Cam nest:
At the morning feed/treatment, both eaglets were weighed and provided a second round of injectible antibiotics. Signs of infection, including discharge in the eyes, are still present, although the veterinarian did note the amount of discharge has lessened this morning. E17 weighed 335 grams and E18 weighed 255 grams.
Many have asked when we will get the results of the swabs we sent for further testing. Unfortunately, we do not have a timeline because it is dependent on the volume of testing being done by the lab. With the current pandemic, results may take longer than normal. We want to reiterate, however, that we do not need to have those results to return the babies to the nest. Through our cytology, we can narrow down the type of infection to ones we know are treated with the antibiotics we are providing. Once our veterinarians have cleared them of  infection, they will be returned to the nest. We are doing everything in our power to ensure this happens as soon as possible.
📸: Rehabilitation Manager Breanna F.

All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

LORIDAVIS

• Peace Love Unity & Respect
    • Facebook
« Reply #47 on: February 06, 2021, 12:31:59 AM »

Goodnight SWFL Harriet, M15, E17 & 18, we love you!

Kickin' it with Dad (M15)

Harriet (Mom) arrives to receive an earful from M15!!!

Mom takes over and M15 to the attic for night watch, Good job today M15!

Goodnight sweet SWFL family!!!
Lori Davis
AcuraRacerGirl

LORIDAVIS

• Facebook
« Reply #48 on: February 13, 2021, 01:52:41 PM »

SWFL Home of Harriet & M15, little ones E17 & E18

The kids this afternoon...
lookin' for trouble... "Maybe I'll just tuck under Dad instead".

Lori Davis
AcuraRacerGirl

PeepSpy

« Reply #49 on: February 23, 2021, 10:03:29 PM »

They are thriving! So cute!  :D

LORIDAVIS

• Facebook
« Reply #50 on: February 27, 2021, 08:46:18 PM »

Goodnight little ones, SED's!!! 

SWFL home of Harriet, M15 & E17 & E18 little ones today
Hugz bro!!!

Mombrella & 35 days old today!!!
Lori Davis
AcuraRacerGirl

LORIDAVIS

• Facebook
« Reply #51 on: March 10, 2021, 12:33:37 AM »

SWFL Home of Harriet & M15 with little ones E17 & E18.

SWFL Owl incident tonight around 10pm. I was checking on them earlier tonight, I always get nervous when nightfall arrives for this family.  LadyHawk posted this about 20 minutes ago.  Everyone looks to be OK, I will be checking on them periodically, please update if you find out anything! Prayers for Harriet, M15, E17 & E18, good job Harriet & M15! ((hugs)).  :-*

This is Harriet a few minutes ago, she is now on branch with M15, babies look fine.

SWFL Eagles ~ Owl STRIKES Harriet & DRAGS Her To Edge Of Nest! Extreme Vocals! M Rushes To Protect!
https://youtu.be/Bl_YaVyLz-Q via ladyhawk

3.9.21 ~ Tonight at 10:02 PM a GHO struck Harriet and dragged her to the edge of the nest! Harriet's foot grabbed onto E18's right wing and she griped the edge of the rails with her talons. E18 looks to be okay just shaken up a bit as Harriet goes into full alert vocals calling out for M. He comes rushing over from the west pasture in full alarm mode as he lands on a branch above the nest. He drops to the nest to be with Harriet (almost stepping on E18) as they both sounded the alarm for several minutes and looked towards the front pines.
M stays on the nest until the threat passes, then he flies up to the attic with vocals. Harriet remained awake and watchful on the nest as they both are on guard duty for the rest of the night from the owl attacks. Footage includes regular time and slomo with full multi cam coverage. Thank you for watching!
Lori Davis
AcuraRacerGirl

LORIDAVIS

• Facebook
« Reply #52 on: March 25, 2021, 08:46:49 PM »

SWFL Home of Harriet, M15, E17 & E18 beautiful visitor   ;)

Gorgeous sub-adult stopped in to say Hello, Little e's mantel and Harriet says, "you gotta go" ;)

I'll protect you bro!  Check out the feathers on E's back, full alert!!

SWFL Eagles ~ Sub Adult Lands On Outer Attic! E's Mantle & Squee! 😊 Harriet Flushes It Out! 3.24.21
https://youtu.be/qh5xRWIE598 via ladyhawk
We had a beautiful sub adult land in the outer attic today! Both E's see it and E18 does a huge mantle over E17 while both are squeeing & alerting that there was an intruder in the nest tree! Great instincts seen with E18 going into full mantle mode over E17 who stays down in a low mantle as they both squee at the SA. This beauty looks to be about 2 years old & did not seem to mind the E's in the nest.

It was the alert calls from the E's that Harriet hears and she comes flying  back to the nest tree and flushed out the sub quickly. She lands on the attic and continues to vocalize her warning calls as the Sub adult flies off. The SA flies around the pasture and nest tree a few times before it departs the area as Harriet and both E's vocalize together!  The E's demonstrated great survival instincts and a protection of their territory - a very good lesson indeed for our eagle family. It is great to see a healthy and strong sub adult in the area! That always makes me happy because they survived their difficult first year as a juvenile and now has much better odds at becoming an adult! Thank you for watching!
Lori Davis
AcuraRacerGirl

LORIDAVIS

• Facebook
« Reply #53 on: March 27, 2021, 09:36:05 PM »

A peek at NEFL little Legacy and SWFL E17 & E18!!!

Nap time for Miss Legacy
Her beak looks a lot better!

Legacy wingersizing, good job!!!

Legacy wingersizing different view today.

Legacy getting tucked in tonight! SED'Sa!!!

SWFL  congrats E17 on branching yesterday!
360 cam view of E17 branching

E17 Woo hoo I did it!

E17 first jump from branch to nest... good job!

E17 branching top view

SWFL Eagles ~ E17 BRANCHES FIRST TIME To Veranda!! 62 Days Old!! 😊💕 3.26.21
https://youtu.be/OWyeLwEtBc4  via ladyhawk

E17 has taken a big step this morning and branched on the veranda at 8:42 AM EST!! E17 winged all across the nest before jumping up on the veranda branch! Congratulations E17 on hitting this important mile stone at 62 days old! The average age for branching here at the SWFL nest is 66 days!

E17 has a nice dismount back to the nest and  will go back up for a second time and enjoy the spectacular view! Another perfect dismount and E17 is back to the nest and shows off to E18 with more flapping!! What an exciting morning for E17 and E18 won't be far behind in branching as well. Multi cam coverage included! Thank you for watching!
Lori Davis
AcuraRacerGirl

LORIDAVIS

• Facebook
« Reply #54 on: March 28, 2021, 01:34:41 AM »

SWFL Home of Harriet, M15, E17 E18
E18 great job branching!

E18 coming down to nest from branch, great job!!!

SWFL Eagles ~ E18 BRANCHES To Veranda First Time AT 63 Days Old! 💕 Congratulations!!! 3.27.21 https://youtu.be/4pOW31Iqs3k via ladyhawk
Today was the day for E18 to take that first step off the nest and branch on the veranda at 10:13:59! Congratulations E18 on hitting this important milestone at 63 days old! 💕 Both E's are hitting all their milestones so close to one another since they hatched only an hour an a half apart! E18 does not stay on the veranda for long and climbs back down to the nest! We are all so proud of both E17 & E18!! Thank you for watching!
Lori Davis
AcuraRacerGirl

LORIDAVIS

• Facebook
« Reply #55 on: March 31, 2021, 11:09:50 PM »

A little wingersizing :)

SWFL E17 & E18

M15 "I'll take that fish over here" while E's looks at him like "what the heck"?
Lori Davis
AcuraRacerGirl

LORIDAVIS

• Facebook
« Reply #56 on: October 03, 2021, 11:35:13 PM »

Hi all! been trying to fix my video stuff and my gifs.  I pay for the gyazo software and it's been spotty. Their tech support is trying to figure out the issues again (latest updates with you know who)  Please let me know if this still looks spotty to you.  Thanks and I should be back posting updates by tomorrow  8) 8)

SWFL Eagle Cam home of Harriet & M15

busy busy day!!!

SWFL Eagles ~ Harriet Brings In Fresh Pine Sprigs To Spruce Up The Nest! M15 Mating Attempt! 10.3.21

Harriet & M wake up in the nest tree and then it is time to work on the nest! Harriet flies in with a pine sprig and finds the perfect place for it! The fresh pine will not only smell nice but it thought to have antimicrobial properties to help offset insects and keep the nest clean. ♥ We have some great closeups of Harriet as she is standing on the nest before she flies off!

Yesterday, Harriet joins M on the outer attic and he flies over to her and attempts a mating! Poor M is out of practice and flies off unsuccessful ♥ No worries as they will mate many many times before Harriet enters her fertile period in November.

M will fly in with a stick and then lie down testing out the nest once again! As he looks up - Harriet flies in with another pine sprig and almost lands on him! lol They do some aerating of the nesting material and then Harriet heads to the spike. She flies off and returns with a stick and M tries to take it from her but this is Harriet's stick and she is placing it! :) She moves it all around and puts it by the rails only to have M pick it up and move it! They both work on the stick together having some discussions along the way! Harriet will hop up to the veranda finally satisfied! Thank you for watching!
Lori Davis
AcuraRacerGirl

LORIDAVIS

• Facebook
« Reply #57 on: November 04, 2021, 12:26:44 AM »

SWFL Home of Harriet & M15 :)

(Live tonight) SWFL tucked in for the night... there was an owl strike 2 nights ago on Harriet, she is ok.   This happens every season unfortunately.  The happy couple is safe & comfy for the night ;)

SWFL visitor  ;D 
14 second gif.  Sorry my video is still not fixed, spotty. I am working on it with AMD Radeon.  ::)
Lori Davis
AcuraRacerGirl

shep

• NEWS and analysis
« Reply #58 on: November 06, 2021, 05:47:09 AM »

Nov. 6, 2021
Eagle standing in nest bowl 6.45 am

This is my first visit this season to this cam .. is it egg time already?

ACCEPT TRUTH even when you dont like it
https://gab.com/ShepQ

3spaniels

« Reply #59 on: November 06, 2021, 12:13:42 PM »

Hi Shep and welcome.
If memory serves me correctly, in prior seasons, the Southwest eggs have been laid the week before Christmas and hatch the 3rd-4th week of January.