Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Jewel and her cubs  (Read 646924 times)

johoward

Re: Jewel and her cubs
« Reply #26730 on: May 09, 2023, 10:04:21 AM »

5:25 What a cute kitten.
Nice here.  Almost 60 degrees already and bright.
Feeling pretty good.  Strong productive cough now and then from chest.  Lorrie came over with sloppy joes and buns last night, and said she will make me some chicken soup today.  She is so nice.
 She has a little white dog named Fifi.  Who was named by Lorrie's daughter years ago.  Fifi is a good dog and never fails to say "hi" from across the street.  Even when I am not out she barks for me to come out and wave to her.  She has allergies and her beautiful silky white coat is often stained in places by a reddish stuff.  I think saliva.  I love her.
The animal rescues are working overtime.  Wow! They are busy.  They must have an extensive network in place.
I will go now and ckeck in on my several cams.  Thanks for being here and CUL EV1 GBU and GB Ukraine

calhound

• Eagle nest and Bear watcher since 2/23/11
« Reply #26731 on: May 10, 2023, 05:26:02 AM »

Bear Center Fence, Andrew Comes - UPDATE May 9, 2023

Andrew on 5-6-20
It was a good day getting together with Scott and seeing things coming to fruition on the fence, new enclosures, and more. One of the things we talked about was the big pen that we had planned for Ted so he could be seen from the viewing deck but now intended for a cub someday if we can find one. I’m keeping my ears open but haven’t heard of a suitable one yet. All of our bears are rescue bears that had no alternative to life in captivity that we could provide the best life possible. We wouldn’t accept a bear that could have had a life in the wild. Here is an 8-minute video of Scott being his fun self as he tells what is happening with me https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=125890680490705 .

At the WRI, 5-year-old Andrew made an appearance. He is the brother of Adam who has been coming lately. I didn’t get a picture of Andrew, so the best I could do is this picture of him back when he was two about this same time of year (May 6, 2020), marking a telephone pole as an indication he was staying around, which he did. He, like Adam, is Shadow’s great great grandson (Shadow, Blackheart, Dot, Vanna, Andrew).

Bears are making this an exciting time of year when they come back and show us they have made it another year. .

Thank you for making the fence possible.

Thank you for all you do,
Lynn Rogers, Biologist, Wildlife Research Institute and North American Bear Center
Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can't help them, at least don't hurt them. Dalai Lama and mb

calhound

« Reply #26732 on: May 10, 2023, 05:50:17 AM »

hi you guys its 62 here 51 raining in iceland 54 in kyiv and 62 in the barn sad new big area was meant for ted but maybe a poor bear that really needs to be there will get too.

hi joho hi neva well yesterday i went to see if indy wanted in and he was up close to the corral he looked over but busy trimming the trees okay went back in fed my mom cats downstairs did litter boxes went back out he still up close but no okay fed the dogs and storms in kansas i went back out he had been out for 4 hours i knew he must be thirsty and flies even though i sprayed him and he hated that. he was back over to the other side i yelled indy i am tired of coming out here dogs need to go out get up here and he came a running came in the corral and always i open the barn door and he comes in sometimes i get his halter and help him in i got his halter but he acted like very afraid to come in the barn i pulled and pulled nope so got his lead rope on him nope so i tied him up to a post close using my cane went and closed corral gate tied it off. came back undid him nope so i took off the lead rope have to wait for jim when he got here told him what was going on and jim went to get him in same thing would not go in the barn. jim said is he hurt i had looked him over did not see anything maybe a bee or something but that would be out there so jim was losing his patience and cant have that. i heard tims mare and indy talking back to her oh she is in heat and even though indy is fixed still thinks about it. downfall of having a male i have always had girls. indy was at corral gate and jim went and put lead back on him and i was at the door with treats calling him again and this time he let jim lead in the barn. boy is in the barn today. no going out. jim has another ac job and indy is in. big storms tomorrow and friday so boy in for awhile. hoping she goes out of heat by then. but first thing indy did like always he pooped in the barn got a drink lick salt block where did the treats go. sweets very happy indy back in. dogs too they go to out. 

lorrie is very nice joho and fifi is too neva i saw some of the world news looks like trump got it have to pay that lady some big bucks and of course he is saying biggest witch hunt ya sure not his type but then said that is marla his second wife guess she was your type. 

gb ukraine gb all animals and gb all of us

http://www.jigzone.com/puzzles/96055D572509
Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can't help them, at least don't hurt them. Dalai Lama and mb

calhound

« Reply #26733 on: May 10, 2023, 05:50:50 AM »

joho i was not able to see donkey cam

johoward

« Reply #26734 on: May 10, 2023, 10:02:00 AM »

6:29  No donkey barn yet, but lots of baby falcons, and big eagle babies.  Fence going up now so Iowa will see bears when she goes to Ely.  I will see new fence too when I go up in July.
 Nice day here. 63 already and going to at least 70.  Lots out and about.  I will walk and ride somewhere later.  Bills to pay first. So can't stay long.

Did go to see Debbie last night.  She is a late diner.  She was going to "fry some eggs" when I left.  It was almost 10 o'clock. LOL  She looked so tired. I think she often skips dinner and just goes to bed early.
  Bye for now EV ! CUL GBU and GB Ukraine

calihoula

« Reply #26735 on: May 10, 2023, 05:54:08 PM »

hi you guys jims sister called jim  her and tim found pops laying in the road ambulance took him to hospital cathy first said leg broken but xraying hip he broke his hip surgery tomorrow her and tim had florida trip planned monday had it for awhile jim told her you go he will be in rehab i will check on him every day cathy been talking about moving in with pops jim told his dad no one takes care of you like cathy you should leave your condo to her and tim i said what if michelles husband brett say something michelle youngest daughter. jim said  ill deal with brett if he opens his mouth they live in a real big fancy house cathy tim in an old home in not a great neighborhood by arrowhead. why his dad did not use his walker jim will find out. cathy said pops said getting his mail but lady in condo next to him always gets his mail i just hope he will be okay and not do that again and cathy and tim move in there. and petey and cleocatra
I've never met an animal I didn't like, and I can't say the same thing about people. Doris Day

neva

« Reply #26736 on: May 10, 2023, 07:22:02 PM »

Roof Window ... 20:57   78°  (3:46 pm)   Sunny and quite windy.  No rain these days.

I hope your day is going well.

Hi Joho ...   Lorrie is very thoughtful and you have a neighbor that cares.  That is pretty nice. 

Hi Cal  ...   More important than paying the $5 million to him is being publicly found to be a LOSER.  Perhaps the best is yet to come ... think of the other charges that are coming his way.     

At the SDP place, changes are being made.  Carlene is moving to another building on her property that will be easier for her to live in and the cameras will be reinstalled, so I hear.  So, I'm not sure what would need to be done in the barn, but hopefully it will be soon.

I'm sorry about your father in law, but glad to hear that there is someone that can move in there with him.  He really needs that. 

"Be the person your dog thinks you are."
(J.W. Stephens)

johoward

« Reply #26737 on: May 10, 2023, 11:07:22 PM »

So sorry to hear of Jim's dad laying in the road, but at least he was outside so someone saw him.  How awful for him!  Falls are the leading cause of death for the elderly.  So watch your step, and use that cane or walker.
We are all blessed to be able to jabber like we do.  GBU and GB Ukraine good night EV1.

calhound

« Reply #26738 on: May 11, 2023, 05:18:54 AM »

THE NABC   BEAR FACTS   GIFT SHOP   DONATE
A Message From
Sharon Herrell, Sr. Bear keeper

Spring has finally arrived at the bear center!
We are now open and our bears are fully awake. All of the bears have been out in the big enclosure exploring and, in some cases, taking a dip in the pond to wash away winter!

Lucky

Holly

Tasha

Out of Hibernation Bear Weights
Lucky – 428 lbs.
Holly – 269 lbs.
Tasha – 297 lbs.
Our bears all came out of hibernation with healthy weights and will soon be getting their appetites back! This is the time of year we begin to stock up on their favorite foods such as a variety of nuts and dried fruits. If you’d like to help feed our bears, you can make bear food purchases from our Amazon Wish List. The bears appreciate every single purchase you make and we do too!

Sharon Herrell, Sr. Bear Keeper

calhound

« Reply #26739 on: May 11, 2023, 05:30:09 AM »

hi you guys its 64 here 68 in the barn 51 in iceland and kyiv jim said he dad was going to get his mail and no reason for that at all he said they changed his heart medicine and every time they do he falls really jim well in that case he should of used his walker or let his neighbor get that mail. cathy last night who been there all day asked if be okay if went home to feed her old dog and cat and jim said go and stay home and jims dad said that too he is in hospital he has people to take care of him jim told her to go to florida monday too jims dad will have surgery at 11 this morning and he will be going to rehab so she needs to take her trip. i hope this scares pops some and even in the house use that walker!! think of your kids who are seniors also and has alot to do. thanks neva for barn info hope they get the barn cam back up soon i sure like that cam. i got a email from amazon awhile back telling me they were no longer doing donating to your charity so happy to see this from bear center.

http://www.jigzone.com/puzzles/8A055D527F99?z=0

johoward

« Reply #26740 on: May 11, 2023, 07:25:07 AM »

4:50  Made a mistake and came here while coffee was brewing.  So gotta go.  Nice day.  Will go out somehow and somewhere. No plans.  Will just open the door and wing it. Dog cams and bear cams are missed.  Eagle, vulture, and falcons cams are more appreciated now.
Bye for now CUL EV1 GBU and GB Ukraine.

calihoula

« Reply #26741 on: May 11, 2023, 01:35:52 PM »

jim emailed me at one pm said his dads surgery went well he is in recovery feeding dogs cats etc
I've never met an animal I didn't like, and I can't say the same thing about people. Doris Day

calhound

« Reply #26742 on: May 12, 2023, 05:21:19 AM »

dam and More - UPDATE May 11, 2023

Wood duck male
On this sunny day in the 80’s, Donna came to the WRI and snapped this nice picture of 5-year-old Adam who stole her Adam
Adam
heart and made our day. He’s the brother of Andrew of a couple days ago and was an extra nice bear to have around for awhile as he ate some peanuts, ate grass for awhile, and went off into the woods. He is a good regular who will steal the hearts of course participants this summer.White-tailed deer
White-tailed deer

Deer are eating a few peanuts yet but they have turned big time to grass that is really coming up with the summer-like weather.

A sight was a trumpeter swan gliding in, gently turning and landing on Woods Lake out of sight behind some trees. An hour later I got my first look at a swan grooming on the beaver lodge across the lake.

A wood duck standing in the sun showed its colors as brilliant as I’ve ever seen, making me think again that this is North America’s prettiest duck.

Herring gull
Herring gull

Gulls who know the program here, or maybe I should say their programs here because each is different, give me breaks from typing as they ask for bologna, each in their own way. I don’t want to disappoint them, so I always get up and do what the particular gull wants. Trumpeter Swan on beaver lodge
Trumpeter Swan
on beaver lodge
For one, I walk over and place a quarter slice a couple feet from it and it walks over for it and another piece or two. Another stands facing me ready to catch, which it does as fast as I can throw quarter slices to him from 3-4 feet away and be surprised at his agility in catching them high low or to each side. Another flies away when I throw it but circles around and back to grab it. He or she is one who pecks on the window to tell me to come out and then surprises me by going through its flying routine. It is that one returning that is in the picture. I used to feed them by hand but they missed too often and have too strong a bite to take any nips on a finger.

After a night of bears on video, Adam was the only visitor all day. But just as I’m writing this, nice 8-year-old Stratton stopped by.

Lynn Rogers, Biologist, Wildlife Research Institute and North American Bear Center

calhound

« Reply #26743 on: May 12, 2023, 05:38:20 AM »

hi you guys its 65 here rainy humid 52 raining in iceland 68 in kyiv and 68 in the barn.  what  beautiful places  in ely pictures show us beauty there and in all the wildlife that duck wow look how cute adam is deer gulls and that swan at the famous beaver lodge!!

i read and then saw on world news around 2;30 am uk sent ukraine those long ranged missiles and of course putin threating them but they said putin brought that on himself and i read that erodon Turkey's president has built vast power over 20 years. But he may lose on Sunday
May 12, 20235:00 AM ET

http://www.jigzone.com/puzzles/33055D4E22A7?z=0

johoward

« Reply #26744 on: May 12, 2023, 09:24:37 AM »

Good morning. 5:43   68 and sunny.   Another nice bike day today.  No other plans except maybe Drugmart for milk and saltines, and maybe some chopped salad. I eat soup everyday, either Lorrie's or Campbell's or mine, and really like saltines in it. 
Sounds like Jim's dad is on the mend.
Our eagles are doing well.  The falcons are doing well.  Parents are doing a better job of feeding the babies than they did . The vultures are just incubating away as they should.  At least no intruders yet.  They do not seem to do a good job of defense.
Now I will say CUL EV1 GBU and GB Ukraine.