News:

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
 on: Today at 11:03:49 AM 
Started by Phyl - Last post by Phyl
Phillipina the Cheetah Cam at HESC
May 21, 2024 11:01 AM
Camera Time: May 21, 2024 6:01 PM SAST
Birchwoman

Couldn't go to The Cradle of Life with out seeing those amazing big cats.
Phil lipina pacing her enclosure.

on: Today at 11:02:23 AM 
Started by Lani - Last post by camperstig
some bounce

Just back from getting the car's oil changed.

Nice pic KB

Our "Russians" (Siberian) are coming up too... we have this lavender and some dark purples (my Mom's fav).

TTFN

on: Today at 10:59:05 AM 
Stony Point Penguin Colony Camera
May 21, 2024 10:55 AM
Camera Time: May 21, 2024 5:55 PM SAST
Birchwoman

There are my little tuxedo clad flightless wonders.

on: Today at 10:57:38 AM 
Stony Point Penguin Colony Camera
May 21, 2024 10:53 AM
Camera Time: May 21, 2024 5:53 PM SAST
Birchwoman

While out and about in Africa decided to stop by the colony for a spell.

on: Today at 10:55:38 AM 
Started by LORIDAVIS - Last post by Lani
Royal Albatross cam

Kia ora koutou (hello everyone)

Top Flat chick is 119 days old and weighs 8.7 kg at 10.10 am today. Average male is 8.4 kg; average female is 7.2 kg. LGK fed his chick after weighing and LGL came in later. This will mean that Top Flat chick is over 9 kg and well over average weight for his age.

Top Flat Track chick is 111 days old and weighs 8.2 kg and is a good increase on last week's 7.5 kg. Average male weight for day 111 is 8.1 kg. BOK and WYL have been in to feed frequently over the past week.

The regular weighing ensures that chicks who may be missing a parent can be supplementary fed and survive to fledging and beyond. Read more about our conservation work here: https://www.doc.govt.nz/nat...

The heaviest chick this week is 10 kg and we now have a very light-weight chick who is receiving regular supplementary feeds. Chicks consistently over the average weight are now weighed every 2nd week so the lighter weight chicks can be focused on. In the past all chicks were weighed each week build the data set that we use to inform the need for supplementary feeding.

Night viewing:

Recently there has been some little owl activity on cam in the evenings. This is not a native species to New Zealand but was introduced here over 100 years ago from Germany. Read more about little owls here: https://nzbirdsonline.org.n...

Mom LGL preens TF chick (notice black feathers appearing  ;D)

on: Today at 10:55:16 AM 
Lesser Flamingos at Kamfers Dam
May 21, 2024 10:53 AM
Camera Time: May 21, 2024 5:53 PM SAST
Birchwoman

Just stopped by the dam for an evening view. There's that color starting to appear.

on: Today at 10:55:04 AM 
Started by Lani - Last post by Lani
Royal Albatross cam

Kia ora koutou (hello everyone)

Top Flat chick is 119 days old and weighs 8.7 kg at 10.10 am today. Average male is 8.4 kg; average female is 7.2 kg. LGK fed his chick after weighing and LGL came in later. This will mean that Top Flat chick is over 9 kg and well over average weight for his age.

Top Flat Track chick is 111 days old and weighs 8.2 kg and is a good increase on last week's 7.5 kg. Average male weight for day 111 is 8.1 kg. BOK and WYL have been in to feed frequently over the past week.

The regular weighing ensures that chicks who may be missing a parent can be supplementary fed and survive to fledging and beyond. Read more about our conservation work here: https://www.doc.govt.nz/nat...

The heaviest chick this week is 10 kg and we now have a very light-weight chick who is receiving regular supplementary feeds. Chicks consistently over the average weight are now weighed every 2nd week so the lighter weight chicks can be focused on. In the past all chicks were weighed each week build the data set that we use to inform the need for supplementary feeding.

Night viewing:

Recently there has been some little owl activity on cam in the evenings. This is not a native species to New Zealand but was introduced here over 100 years ago from Germany. Read more about little owls here: https://nzbirdsonline.org.n...

Mom LGL preens TF chick (notice black feathers appearing  ;D)

Good morning Beakers!
Morning Lisa, Ezee, Eburg, Weasel, Jilltosa, Kb, Tsk, Karen, Oldguy, Puff, Eaglesrock, Emyrauld, Lilbro, Blschue, Lori, Clynn, Eagles, Tig, Baz, Phyl, Peep, Jaspurr, Pink, BL, Bggolden, T40, ssrl, Maxie, Nrstooge, Omasawyer, Paulie, jicaji, LB, and All!

Clynn, Congrats to Wells Fargo ospreys! Awesome egglets! cute pic of S&S.

Phyl, adorable owl, love the socks and shoes!  ;D ... awww the BB babies are adorable.  :-*

{{{Puff}}} Have a good day.

Lisa, WOW! It's the size of 3 football fields! I caught my breath when I saw part of the roadway laying on top of it. YIKES! Glad you caught up with your sleep.  :-*

Kb, beautiful Irises and garden area. So green and lush! I miss having that here.

on: Today at 10:40:06 AM 
Started by PinkEagle - Last post by Phyl
Mississippi River Flyway Cam
May 21, 2024 10:36 AM
Camera Time: May 21, 2024 10:35 AM CDT
Birchwoman

I was watching for  a bit t his AM. Slowly the gathering/feeding increased.
Relying on you STL, Nora, Shep for ID---mine wouldn't be as accurate, I'm sure

on: Today at 10:37:38 AM 
Started by PinkEagle - Last post by Phyl
This snap is great! Luv those BEs.
Thanks.

on: Today at 10:10:36 AM 
Started by shep - Last post by Nora in IA
Another breakfast with the eggs............

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10