Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2024  (Read 138436 times)

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
Re: Beak Room 2024
« Reply #3930 on: April 27, 2024, 01:21:31 PM »

OLDGUY  How would you like to be in one of the homes on the cut off line - No damage or very little.  Were there any deaths/injuries?
Boy that huge tree down at the end of the Elkhorn video  :o

KB  As I scroll down, I see you have the same feelings I have about those the tornado missed!  Quite a watering hole  LOL

Hi LORI   Cute post for Caturday  :D  Everybody has their jelly beans on  ;) ;)

LANI   Funny AM cat thief  ;D   Tim buys the  Bays  brioche English muffins that are refrigerated.  It seems like it will takes  weeks for all that pollen to drop.  What an ordeal.  Lots of extra work for you to do.  But it reminds me of when you lived in the desert - The windows were always getting dirty and there was fine sand everywhere  LOL  Can't win.

PUFF   LOLOL  Like minds think alike on the Bays brioche muffins  ;D ;D
Chicagoland

Eagles4evr1116

• Mom Decorah. Fan since 04/06/2011.
« Reply #3931 on: April 27, 2024, 02:20:20 PM »

Happy Caturday Beakers!

Lani- Watched the lil vid of the Pollen explosion.  I've never seen such Pollen before. We sometimes get it quite heavy, but nothing like that! :o  No wonder that Mikes needs an Allergy shot every now and then, and I'm sure many other folks too!
I bet your egg casserole and lemon pound cake were very yummy at your meeting yesterday!      I've never thought about drying green onions. We use fresh quite a bit! 

BL- I would have froze too! :o

Phyl- Thank you for all the fantastic nest cam pics!      Thank you for posting the latest on poor lil DN18 this morning.  Sure am wishing for all the best for our little guy. Prayers. . . .

Clynn- Our Grandson's team won again Thursday evening!  I think he has games again this Tue & Thu evening!       Precious pic of Bella so young with her pacifier!      Oh no DN18 with fishing line in its mouth  :o :o
Hope you and the Munchkins had a fun evening together!!  ;D

Tsk- I see you have rain in your forecast.  We had just a small amount of rain yesterday.  It looks mid-week we are forecast for a warm up - perhaps getting low 70 temps!

Puff- Thanks for mentioning the little gosling!  Maybe as you said, there will be later hatchings. :)

Kb- Terrible to see such damage to your neighbor's house. :(

Tig- Good for you in hitting the pool early yesterday  :)

Og- Glad you had Friday off to catch up on things for yourself! :)     Terrible to see the damage in Minden :o  Unbelievable devastation. :o ::)

Lori- Sweet gifs yesterday on Friday and of course love all the great Caturday pics/treats/gifs today! ;D

Hi Karen, LisaG, Baz and All :)

Beakers have a nice day  :)

We will be getting ready to go to a Retirement Party for an old school friend of my hubby's.  The event starts at 2:00!

BrokenLug

« Reply #3932 on: April 27, 2024, 03:04:36 PM »

bggolden I'm glad to see you just logged in to the forum.

Everything OK in your area ?

I see there were a heck of a lot of Tornado's in your neck of Iowa yesterday.   :o   ::)

https://tiny.cc/pt533y

I think Pink Eagle probably made out OK tornado wise in Clarinda, IA ... ?
« Last Edit: April 27, 2024, 03:09:21 PM by BrokenLug »
U. S. A.

LisaG1967

« Reply #3933 on: April 27, 2024, 04:15:11 PM »

tig - Sounds like you had a nice relaxing day.

Lani - I always buy green onions, and then never use them.  Tell me how you dry them, please?  Will they keep a while?  Oh my, all that pollen.

kb - Glad you got your walk in with Ollie. 

Puff & tsk - The Brioche English muffins sound delicious.  I am not sure if my grocery carries that brand name. 

Two trips to Walmart today is not what I had planned.  We are in the process up upgrading all the TV's in our house to Smart TV's, so we can get rid of the cable.  I like to watch TV while I am sitting at the computer in the PC room, and we thought that a 24" Smart TV was good enough.  We have a 27" flat screen in here now.  The 3" inches does make a difference, and I could not see the picture clearly.  I took it back, and got me a 32". Much better!  :D

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #3934 on: April 27, 2024, 06:05:06 PM »

EAGLES  Your cyclers remind me of how PINK used to go riding with her husband.  Wonder how she is doing?  Fun evening ahead for you  :)

LISA  Bays brand is refrigerated - so near the cottage cheese, cream cheese, eggs etc.  We have 3 very small TV's- kitchen and Tim's bedroom and the office where my PC is.  All are 19".    But those spaces cannot fit anything much larger.  I think the kitchen is fine cuz it 's right where I prepare meals etc - You have seen it..Mostly for backround sound LOL...  Once you get used to those big screens, it is hard to go back!!!  Hope you enjoy your nice 32 incher

CLYNN  Did you have pics from the kids last night?

BAZI   I see that your boyfriend won!
« Last Edit: April 27, 2024, 06:09:52 PM by tsk34 »
Chicagoland

camperstig

• "Hoo hoo hoo hoo!"
« Reply #3935 on: April 27, 2024, 06:14:08 PM »

some bounce
Well... a little bit of skin irritation (blister) this time, so I relocated the heart monitor patch a bit today. Talons crossed.

SED all
camper'sTIG - South Central MN
Decorah follower since Apr 2, 2011
"May Bob now soar with the eagles and dive with the falcons. You've left a living legacy behind on the earth" (barbells126)

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
« Reply #3936 on: April 27, 2024, 07:38:11 PM »

So relieved all's better in this area for our Beakers  and Pink (hope she and family are well) :)

CLYNN-  'Peace, Love, Cats' in that order 'Cats a great joy in the world'    ;)  ;)
Thanks for sharing NR's FB post Wells Fargo nest  ;)  Whoa! Pecan cobbler ---oh my word! Save the recipe.
How was Friday nite w/ Talon & Bella? I know you have snaps.  ;D

PUFF- heard all that too on FNC

TSK  so sweet Mom cat and kitten  :-*

OG- I don't think a mention of lives lost or injuries---many tks for the links on Minden Iowa and Elkhorn, great drone footage and such devastation. Thought a few looked cattywampus on their
foundations Wonderful attitude in Elkhorn amidst their destruction. I have a set of 'fire blankets' too

LORI- many thanks for the Caturday post and all those 'jelly beans'  :-*  LOL Mixed beans and Black-eyed peas; I'll take a box of KKs for Sunday.

LISA- nice digital of Ginger;  Yep better hang on to Lani's recipes for sure

LANI- LOL thief kitty---run, run, run; do you use a food dryer or air dry? ; awesome Eagle Owls  ;)  ;
don't envy RRP decisions on DN18 prayers continue; I dust/vacuum  daily too. Mostly to keep the fur off upholstery , etc. , cant be too careful
with allergies

HI EAGLES !   Oh my word---biker kitties.  ;D  DN18 ...aren't we all, aren't we all.  ;)  so nice/thoughtful to have a retirement party

BL- thanks for maps of Tornado reports Neb, Iowa, Mo and Ks, TX

TIG-hope the new monitor local will ease some discomfort for you-as always, here's too good report

"Every new day begins with possibilities."
President Ronald Reagan  at  the 1985 Geneva Summit

#IstandwithEvan

Phyl

« Reply #3937 on: April 27, 2024, 07:38:28 PM »

Good Night Everyone...SEDs.  🙏 's
🙏 's  for stray gray tabby   

#IstandwithEvan

karengramke

« Reply #3938 on: April 27, 2024, 09:14:23 PM »

Wow, I am stuffed!  Ate a plate full of Loris KKs!  A whole lot of Laniseb cassarole!  (Do love Knorrs Hollandaise).  Topped all that off with  c,ynns deep dish pecan pie!   Talk about house explosions!
Iris!
😭😭
Hate the news about DN18! I know Amy knows about birds but I know about bones and fish hooks!  Will not go thru the body the same way!  Fish hooks have a barb and are curved!   Hard to remove!   Please take that baby to a vet asap!
(((Gosling))))
Piper said it is bedtime!  See you tomorrow. Seds
« Last Edit: April 27, 2024, 10:07:47 PM by karengramke »

BrokenLug

« Reply #3939 on: April 27, 2024, 10:46:36 PM »

tsk we're not really sure. 

8 Bobcats in NJ is a cumulative seen in my lifetime in NJ.

A Mother Bob Cat and her two young ones zig-zagging across an early morning woods road wit Daddy.
Counts as 1.

He shot us a standoffish 2 footers glance_  poof    forest   all   gone   brief .   

100' away Bobcats.

100 percent outside of our four walls.

Kopje and I were doing our camping man business in the pre dawn hours ..

That's when we see the really good outdoor stuff ay' boy  ?   ;)

Tail A Wagging    '  '  '   ...  walk  ...

A Bobcat would not eat your little toe off if you slept outdoors naked with your little toes dipped in meat.    8)

I would strongly discourage this practice with other wild mammals of the Americas.  LOL    :o

High country back pack munching Marmots we gotta talk.

Was my favorite beef jerky and leather patched pack .. I will teach you zippers.  ;)

Wander off for a few hours to watch a Grizzly Bear eating moths on a talus slope and gheesh.  ;D   

« Last Edit: April 30, 2024, 10:40:07 PM by BrokenLug »
U. S. A.

camperstig

• "Hoo hoo hoo hoo!"
« Reply #3940 on: April 27, 2024, 10:51:55 PM »

camper'sTIG - South Central MN
Decorah follower since Apr 2, 2011
"May Bob now soar with the eagles and dive with the falcons. You've left a living legacy behind on the earth" (barbells126)

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #3941 on: April 28, 2024, 12:19:40 AM »

Kb, Lisa I use a dehydrator, I have an old American Harvest dehydrator. You can dry them in bundles  https://www.allrecipes.com/article/how-to-dry-herbs/ or in the oven https://www.wikihow.com/Dry-Herbs-in-the-Oven

Puff, yes, we have Bays too.  :)

BL, thanks for maps of tornadoes and Beakers.  :)

Lisa, enjoy your new smart tv.

{{{Tig}}}  I hope the change will help.... thank you for posting good news about D18 from RRP. YAY!  :-*

SED Phyl, I use a dehydrator to dry herbs. In the past when the girls lived at home I made teriyaki beef jerky. I haven't made it in 20 years or more.

SED Eagles Congratulations to your grandson and team's win!! How proud you must be.  :-*

{{{Karen and Piper}}} sleep well.

Good night!

Sweet Eagle Dreams, Lilbro, Eagles, Pink, Eaglesrock, Baz, Lori, Karen, Puff, Tsk, Oldguy, Lisa, Clynn, Kb, Tig, Blschue, Phyl, BL and Pip, Godiva, Peep, Jaspurr, Ezee, Eburg, Lindy, RubyRed246, ssrl, Firetruck, Weasel, Jilltosa, Maxie, Masswatch, Paulie, DeborahG, MpMom and Pete, laniebelle, OnEagleWings, NWarg, Garmohoff, Nrstooge, WendyC3, Tigeag, T40, Ginger, Cwellsla, Nanimal, Bggolden, Nora, Rewrap4u, Teamcarnes, Seabeeinch, Walton, Sparky, Tulsaducati, Omasawyer, izzysamlikeseagles, bustopbird, Neva, Yank, Linda.L, smrf, nhJane.

Thinking of and missing, Peep, Jaspurr, Jilltosa, Wilson, Godiva, MpMom and Pete, Marrymo, Keystone, TxTeacher, Smb, Naimoj, Thyla/Anne, D7Birder, Indy, Neva, Smb, Alice, and those who have not been with us for a while.

Prayers For Tsk/Tim's cousin Joe, Lori, grandmothers and family, Baz, Eaglesrock, Eagles Mom, Tsk's bro and wife Margaret, Karen and Piper, Lisa's FIL, Puff, Lisa's mom, Phyl, Jim and Maggie, Clynn,  Tig, Tsk and Tim, Lisa's Jeff, Kb's friends Vi and Dennis, Paulie, Tsk's DIL Amy, SIL and grandson, Jicaji, Maxie and Larry, Camper's daughter, Ed's sis Gina, Tsk's Barb & Tom, Baz great niece and family, Peep, Jaspurr, Clynn's DIL's mom, Ed's friend Greg, Puff's brother, Masswatch hubby Jamey, Pip's Dad, Ezee, EagleFanDave, Tim's Uncle, Paulie's granddaughter Madison, Emy and family, Clynn's mom and Ed, WW JW, Keystone, Jilltosa, Eaglesrock cousin Michael, Thyla/Anne, Neva's family, Weasel and family, and All here in need of healing and comforting.

Special Prayers For Clynn, Tim and Tsk, Eagle's Mom, Tsk's DIL Amy, Baz, Puff, Phyl, Jim and Maggie, Karen, Blschue and family, Lori and family, Phyl's BIL Danny and brother Dan.

Special prayers for All God's creature great and small, For Little Decorah gosling, Trempealeau Eagles’ Nest, Tiny Tammy and Paws of War, Harley and his little siblings, Miss Maggie, Hellgate Iris, TRR Sloths, Brooks Fall Brown Bear Otis, Honey and Gunnar, SWFL Harriet, Star, Little One and all the Feral cats, TRR rescue babies, The Fairy Penguins, Berry Mom,  NEFL Juliet, Romeo and Samson, Lucy and Larry, Salt River wild horses, Alaska Bears and Wolves that they be saved, Decorah, E2/D1, Dr Rogers and Black bears Shadow and family and Wildlife Research Institute, and All God's creatures great and small.
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

Phyl

« Reply #3942 on: April 28, 2024, 04:03:22 AM »

Shout Hallelujah !

The Raptor Resource Project

From Amy's blog...

DN18 Update
 April 27, 2024  RaptorResource

https://www.raptorresource.org/2024/04/27/dn18-update/

April 27, 2024: DN18 and DN17

#IstandwithEvan

Phyl

« Reply #3943 on: April 28, 2024, 04:14:51 AM »

Good Morning Everyone. Happy Sunday !

Currently: 69F clear feels like 61F...  a   High  82F sunny,  Low 68F

An early day for us.   ;)     Breakfast will be homemade from scratch breakfast sandwiches: frim sunnyside eggs so to 'run' just right  ;) with fried bacon slices, sliced American cheese. Hot black coffee----is there any other?  Mixed berry 'cobbler' w/ half and half

LANI- tks for the food drying info; LOL Sat's Good Night, Maggie is a cuddler and I just cuddle right back     

BL- thanks for the Bobcat/camping story --good Kopje     

Prayers for:     Our friend and ally the Nation of Israel and peace for her people. Laken Riley, all those like her and family; Eaglesrock . 'Little Gray Stray', 'Little One ' and all abandoned, abused  cats and feral cats; The Bluebirds of Cane Ridge, Tennessee, Hummingbirds, Bumble Bees  and Honey bees everywhere . The Beakroom and Cheers.

#IstandwithEvan

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #3944 on: April 28, 2024, 07:01:54 AM »

Light rain this AM.  Heavier through the night.  High 78.  63% dew point

TIG   How do you know where to put the monitor?   Thanks for that great news on north nest  Phew!!!

KAREN   LOL  Don't we wish we could eat like that and not gain an ounce and be as healthy as ever. Moderation is good  ;) ;)

BL  Well that's nice to know that you wouldn't get eaten alive by a bobcat! but marmots and moths  :o :o

LANI  Cute - " Love is..."  ;D
Chicagoland