Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Jewel and her cubs  (Read 635920 times)

johoward

Re: Jewel and her cubs
« Reply #28350 on: April 19, 2024, 09:01:16 AM »

5:45  One second off average. Wow! Also, what about that update????
I am staying in again today.  I thought I was well last night, but throat and nose not well this morning.
Thanks Cal for thinking of us this morning in spite of your sadness. It helps to do things in a normal fashion at times of stress they say.
Bye for now.  I think I will go lie down a while.
GBU and all that are suffering this morning.

calhound

• Eagle nest and Bear watcher since 2/23/11
« Reply #28351 on: April 20, 2024, 06:36:24 AM »

Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can't help them, at least don't hurt them. Dalai Lama and mb

johoward

« Reply #28352 on: April 20, 2024, 10:28:12 AM »

5:19 Only 44 degrees and mostly cloudy out this morning. Cold and windy.  I will need a coat to get my mail.
Thanks again Cal for thinking of us, posting the dog shame and puzzle.  I see a lot of bear activity on Bear.org cams.  Really am missing the chat though.  I wonder what was gained by terminating the chat.  I try to imagine the benefits, and cannot come up with much.  There may have been a lot of behind the scenes burdens that we didn't see.  I will ask Doc. and Judy when I go there with Debbie this Summer.
The North babies are certainly robust.  They seem to be a lot more tolerant of each other these days.  I saw one using the other's back for a table this morning.  The other was only modestly irritated and more curious than anything.
I am missing the vulture cam.  I guess they took it out of the barn.
I did see the Great Spirit Bluff Falcon Cam, but it has only highlights lately.  I wonder if it is damaged?
 Got a long night's rest, but still don't feel very energetic this morning.  Was up only twice, and not much coughing.  I think I will lay around again today.  Need to call Karen soon.  She is worried that I am getting worse, but I am not.  I still may be contagious from my cold.  So I won't visit anyone today.  Maybe tomorrow.
I am worried that gosling number six is lost forever.  He went over the left side of the Decorah nest where I think the stream runs along the bottom of the nest tree, and I have not seen him since.  He may have washed down stream too far and too fast for Dad to find him.
Bye for now GBU and all who are sufferring.

calhound

« Reply #28353 on: April 21, 2024, 09:50:38 AM »

Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can't help them, at least don't hurt them. Dalai Lama and mb

johoward

« Reply #28354 on: April 21, 2024, 10:23:05 AM »

7:13 Cold and Wintery out this morning on the South Shore. BRRR!  Had to go to the mailbox this morning in the dark and cold. Got lazy yesterday.
Told Debbie that today is National Bulldogs Are Beautiful Day.  She says they are her favorites.  I told her Beagles are mine.
  So later when I found Cal's dog shame to be beagles I sent it to her right away, and told her it was from Cal.  Who seemed to read my mind this morning.
By the way Cal, Debbie said she is certain you made Sweets transition much easier for him. 
We are praying now for your comfort.
Thanks for thinking of us Cal, and posting the puzzle and dog shame.
GBU and all who are suffering.
 Paper says we are FINALLY going to help out Ukraine and Israel in spite of Trump's minions.

calhound

« Reply #28355 on: April 22, 2024, 04:09:12 AM »

johoward

« Reply #28356 on: April 22, 2024, 09:24:16 AM »

5:26 Thanks again Cal.  Good morning to you and yours from the South Shore.  Beautiful day here, but cool to start. Only 46 so far, but very bright and calm.
HAPPY EARTH DAY! Two years ago today I rescued the baby red squirrel from it's roadkilled mother and took it for a long long ride to The Back To The Wilds rehabber in Castalia Ohio.  They kept me informed of his growth and when he was released.
Debbie texted her love and surprise that it is Earthday.  She said every day is Earthday for her. with her pollinators, Monarchs, etc.  Also, my niece Susie called while I was typing this.
 So I will say goodbye for now .  My coffee and cereal are waiting.
CUL EV1 GBU, Israel, and Ukraine.

calhound

« Reply #28357 on: April 23, 2024, 05:25:21 AM »

johoward

« Reply #28358 on: April 23, 2024, 09:18:43 AM »

6:00 Good morning all. Thanks Cal.
Did get to see Karen finally last evening.  She beat me at rummy after I fed her some great French's chili. This morning I helped her do some fun business on Schwab.  She is learning to trade for fun.  So far she is doing good.
Debbie is trying to get me on line with Berea animal Rescue, and tomorrow I will haul some cats to and back from getting nuetered for the Rescue group. Debbie is beeping me now.  So I better go see what she wants.  By now EV1 GBU, Israel and Ukraine Finally.

johoward

« Reply #28359 on: April 23, 2024, 05:13:41 PM »

Just found out I will only do the evening run to the vet for the cats.  So I can sleep in and also visit the Sorrowful Mother Shrine on my way to the vet to pick up the cats.
Debbie is doing good today.  Have not heard from Karen.  I would like to try to get even at rummy tonight.  Just sayin'.
I am just looking at the cams now.  Baby eagles, bears, and, on Snowman, lots of wild turkies
Good night EV1.  GBU
 God bless Neva wherever you are.

calhound

« Reply #28360 on: April 24, 2024, 07:22:52 AM »

hi you guys its 42 here 50 in ice 51 in kviv and 59 in the barn monday i woke up at 1 am sick and i had to see dr foster get my implant uncovered and second put in then head to dr platte take measurement for new tooth been 2 years on that still had pearl back then trip trying to hurry back and give her hay fell on my face broke implant so jim took me down there i could not drive still lightheaded alot he dropped me off and went to work dr foster very nice to me and stayed with me till it was all done told me to take my pain med before i see dr platte mouth would be sore when shots wore off. shots made me cry roof of the mouth and all even had laughing gas but little dr said its just to take the edge off. dr hansen gave me gas i was way out there. then dr platte who i like him but his young dental assit not so much she was really rough taking off that cap and blood everywhere i pushed her away she went at it again very painful she said i did not brush my gums and stuff why it hurts and dr foster always tell me what a good job i do with that how clean it looks he just told that day again i told her dr foster says i do a great job it is sore from all the stuff he did he said it would be sore too. now am i going to believe him a dds and a md or you she said fine walked off i asked her name at front desk and said will dr platte be putting in my new tooth in two weeks and they said YES not her so i will tell him when i see him. jim had drove all the way back to excelsior to our cvs to get my med before platte and he went in came out and said that blond lady working in there a bit** told him it would take a half hour to fill it jim said why no one here but me she said hateful i said an half hour jim said do I need to talk to your manager she filled it up fast then. he said not everyone should be working in the health field. jim and his sisters put pops condo up for sale and sold it last night. we got to go back down by my dentist to that remax place and sign papers jim leaves sat for florida for ford be back thursday i think so no help i hope no one gets sick or worse.  :( i cant take no more. 

hi joho very nice you driving the cat bus helping like that. what is the sorrowful mother shrine? good to hear debbie is better.  yes neva god bless you hope you are safe i worked out in the barn alot yesterday cleaning up indys floor and takes me so long hard to get around but i got it all done and indy happy to have me out there. hard for me though hard to not have that door being rammed when i came out i saw over at tims place his herd of goats were out. watched them for a bit.

hi paulie hope you are doing okay

http://www.jigzone.com/puzzles/46055D5D4B4D

johoward

« Reply #28361 on: April 24, 2024, 09:53:56 AM »

5:29 Thanks Cal.  Good to see you here this morning.  Cold here.  Winter is back.  Forecast 28 degrees for tonight. Giant Freeze warning.  Dangerous for spring blossoms I guess.  May cut fruit production this Fall.
Cal sounds like you have too good of a memory for your own good.  Yikes! Yes! Give me gas.  Lots of gas. Also, sounds like some dental assistants should wear a pointed hood in public.  Like the executioners of olden times.
Debbie gave up trying to coach me how to get into and use "Group Me".  I guess it relies on Facebook. Which I have avoided until now.
Did not see Karen yesterday.  Don't expect to see her today either.  We are going in different directions today.  I am going out of town to bring the partial kitties home, and she is going to an alumni meeting with her college chums. 
Too cold to plan much outdoors today.  So I will probably just stay in my car and on the road.  Too bad.  I was looking forward to a nice stroll through the Shrine.  Maybe another day.  I will keep it on the LIST.  I will settle for lunch in Star Diner in Norwalk, Ohio, if I can find it.
Ok I need to start getting ready for the road.  So I will CUL EV1.  GBU, Israel, Ukraine, and all who are suffering.

paulie

• Live...Laugh...Love
« Reply #28362 on: April 24, 2024, 08:42:21 PM »

Hi Cal, Good to see you posting. Wow that's quite a dental story. Yes I'm doing okay. Thanks for asking. I'm keeping busy with lots of things to do as usual. You take care.

calhound

« Reply #28363 on: April 25, 2024, 05:35:09 AM »

hi you guys its 54 here 46 in ice 57 in kviv 59 in the barn calling for stormy weather later today and next few days.

hi joho how did it go with the bus for the cats? you got winter weather we are in for rainy weather but maybe it will miss here. jim mowed indys pasture and corral yesterday afternoon. he just put in indy in the barn and i was with him jim mowed his corral it was loud indy nervous but i combed him out and gave him treats so that helped. hope you had a good lunch at star diner

hi paulie well last night my healing cap loosen up so i got to call dr plattes office at 8 am have to drive all the way back and i hope not in stormy weather. i was brushing it alot trying to keep it real clean dont know if that caused it but i do believe it was that christina not getting it on tight i told her its so painful right now dr foster said it would be jim looked at it said the gum looked great around it not all inflamed anymore so should be able to just tighten it now without a shot but if i need one dr platte give me one and i want dr platte to tighten it not her. this stuff is why people do not go to the dentist dr platte always has new people there jim said cause they dont pay them enough. i need to order food got stuff to do now this. hope you get your stuff done you take care too.

http://www.jigzone.com/puzzles/6A055D51889F

johoward

« Reply #28364 on: April 25, 2024, 08:52:31 AM »

5:34 on the Orange Weaver.  Thanks Cal.  That looks a lot like our Orioles.
Debbie laughed at the dog shame.  She has a lot of outdoor planters.
Karen beat me at rummy again last night, but it was closer.  I was even ahead once in a while. We had a Marco's pizza for dinner.  I made a mistake and got a Large.  A medium would have been better.  Now I have a lot of leftover pizza for lunch, and I don't really like most of her half with no meat.  I will eat it though. In general I like leftovers.  I eat a lot of them. All kinds.  Sometimes a pot of soup will last me for weeks by freezing portions.
Taking Karen to Chardon Maple Festival n Sat. afternoon.
Will go the my high school open house first.  They are celebrating 100 years since the first graduation.
Weather is supposed to be excellent this weekend both days.
Today I will go to Sam's for gas at $3.29.  I am thinking of letting them make me some glasses to my latest prescription.  It will cost me $200 if I let them use my old frames which are high class memory steel , and still very good.  If i get their frames it will cost me $200 also. I have not found a good way to win buying glasses.  I did get some on line once for reading only.  They were $9.99 I think, and worked pretty well.  I may do this again, but first I need some everyday driving and outdoor sun protecting glasses.  I think I forgot to mention this aspect to Sam's.  So I will probably be told a higher price yet.  Probably close to $300.  This is too high for an experiment.  My glasses usually do not work well for me.  I have been wearing the same poor pair for at least five years by holding them up off my nose to read stuff.
Well enough of that .  CUL EV1 GBU and all those who are suffering.