raptorresource.org

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 13   Go Down

Author Topic: Children's Eagle Book: Three Little Eagles and How They Grew  (Read 13148 times)

Nora in IA

• Nora and Kiwi 2006 (King Plant, Bayport, MN)
Re: Children's Eagle Book: Three Little Eagles and How They Grew
« Reply #60 on: December 20, 2011, 10:39:03 AM »

My book came Saturday and I thoroughly enjoyed reading it.  I got it for my grandchildren and am anxious to show it to them --- if I actually decide to part with it.
I got an extra one for me, knew it wouldn't get sent to my god daughter's kids.  :D
NE Iowa

treetop1943

« Reply #61 on: December 22, 2011, 09:13:27 PM »

I have purchased two of the books, sending one copy to my grand nieces.  Last night they called me to thank me - they have already read the book twice and love it.  They were involved in watching the nest for a short time in the Spring, so the book has a special meaning to them.  Thank you again, Mary Jo!  :)
All God's critters got a place in the choir...
(Bill Staines)

mayreee

« Reply #62 on: December 29, 2011, 07:56:33 PM »

My book came Saturday and I thoroughly enjoyed reading it.  I got it for my grandchildren and am anxious to show it to them --- if I actually decide to part with it.
Gahea, did you get to show your book to your grandchildren yet?  

Have you checked the Travels of D1?  She was in Decorah this morning!

http://raptorresource.org/forum/index.php/topic,739.0.html

mjot

• Three Little Eagles and How They Grew:Jacob'sStory
« Reply #63 on: January 05, 2012, 12:57:18 PM »

Bob Anderson called before Christmas to order books to give away. That was a welcome phone call. (I have asked him for permission to mention it here, and he replied "Of course", so that was very nice.)
First book on Decorah eagles: "Three Little Eagles and How They Grew!Jacob's Story"
8.5x11",softcover,43 pg.
100%proceeds now go to Friends of Fish Hatchery-Order: www.amazon.com or  www.eaglechildrensbook.com
All ages love Decorah eagle photos/story in book+plush toy BE:$12.95 each,$25 bk&toy

mjot

« Reply #64 on: January 08, 2012, 12:54:43 PM »

Now on AMAZON.COM !!!!!!
Go to amazon.com, enter "books" category, then search for Three Little Eagles.
Book only on Amazon.com for now, will be adding the plush 8.5" toy eagle later.

Easy Amazon ordering of book.

Easy Park Press ordering of book and/or soft plush toy eagle, still available.

Call 612.339.7829 or 612.871.2236, email mjtmn@aol.com, or write to
Park Press/Thorsheim
1455 W. Lake St., B-20
Minneapolis MN  55408-2648

If you call, author will answer and would love to talk with you. If lines are busy and you get voice mail, please leave a message with your phone number and suggested times to call back.

Remember, author is happy to sign and/or dedicate book. Just ask!
« Last Edit: January 17, 2012, 09:14:07 AM by mjot »
First book on Decorah eagles: "Three Little Eagles and How They Grew!Jacob's Story"
8.5x11",softcover,43 pg.
100%proceeds now go to Friends of Fish Hatchery-Order: www.amazon.com or  www.eaglechildrensbook.com
All ages love Decorah eagle photos/story in book+plush toy BE:$12.95 each,$25 bk&toy

gahea

« Reply #65 on: January 19, 2012, 09:02:43 AM »

Mayreee - I took the book to my grandchildren two weeks after Christmas and read it with them.  The older girl had watched some videos of the nest with me last year and really enjoyed the book.  The younger one is a bit too young yet, but she followed the book with us.  I'll be anxious to show them the nest when I see them in the spring.

I'm so excited about the pictures of D1 in Decorah.  It's been a wonderful experience to have watched her being born and now see what a beautiful eagle she is.

mjot

« Reply #66 on: January 21, 2012, 03:04:33 PM »

Some thoughts on Saturday afternoon---

Regarding D1, the Three Little Eagles.... story actually ends with the last eaglet leaving the nest. The book is turning out to be a great preview of what will happen in 2012.

Exciting to have a large article about Three Little Eagles.... and a photo (my avatar) published in the January 20, 2012 issue of the Norwegian American Weekly. Published in Seattle, this weekly newspaper goes all over the country. It is the result of a merger of two old newspapers, Western Viking in Seattle and Norway Times (Nordisk Tidende) in New York. The paper usually includes news from Norway's oil business and other important business news, updates on the royal family, sports and general interest items from Norway, and news from the Norwegian American community across the US.

Amazon.com is proving to be a handy way for people to order the book. (Books category, search for Three Little Eagles). As before, the book and/or plush toy eagle are available from the publisher: Park Press,1455 W. Lake St., B-20, Minneapolis MN 55408. email:mjtmn@aol.com

Author is always happy to talk with people on the 612.871.2236 or 612.339.7829 phone (loves it, in fact) and pleased to autograph and/or dedicate books to those receiving them. I have "met" so many nice and interesting people who are interested in nature and bald eagles, and lots of them are providing positive feedback.  Appreciate it!

I am hoping that the volume of sales will result in a good-sized donation to RRP as 100% of proceeds will be directed to them as a gesture of gratitude for all their fine work. --Mary Jo
8.5x11",softcover,43 pg.

mjot

« Reply #67 on: January 23, 2012, 08:58:21 AM »

A few months ago, a St. Paul MN organization that meets three times a year for a catered Sunday luncheon and program invited me to be their February 12 speaker. The topic will be the Decorah Bald Eagles, Norwegian Sea Eagles and Golden Eagles. The program chair and others from the group had attended a previous presentation I had given. There will be a book signing, too. I really look forward to another great opportunity to promote RRP in this way. They certainly deserve the support, including the 100% of proceeds from the book.

I am so pleased with the positive feedback that keeps coming, like these examples...

From a college biology professor: "terrific"; "through eyes of a child a wonderful concept"

From a 4-year old: "Thank you-thank you-thank you...for writing the book and the toy!"
"my grandma will read it to me", she said when she and her mother visited me. "Are you going to write another book?? The eagle (toy) is so soft!!"

From the daughter of a woman in a hospice: "You should see how mother has placed the book and toy in her room--it is sitting prominently on the drop-down leaf of an antique desk in her room, and she talks with everybody who comes in about it. She has asked me to read it to her at least 4 times!"
8.5x11",softcover,43 pg.

mjot

« Reply #68 on: January 23, 2012, 12:34:42 PM »

Oops, another group is meeting Feb 12 and I got mixed up! The St. Paul luncheon and program is actually April 22.
8.5x11",softcover,43 pg.

mjot

« Reply #69 on: January 24, 2012, 07:16:39 PM »

Another library ordered today, so that's good. Hope to encourage children to read, learn about nature and bald eagles, promote adults reading to children! And adults are enjoying the book and plush toy eagle, too!! All proceeds to RRP and if volume builds, that will help. Thanks to all for interest, inquiries, positive comments, etc. etc. !
8.5x11",softcover,43 pg.

mjot

« Reply #70 on: January 25, 2012, 08:57:07 AM »

New feedback, from the director of organization that used the Three Little Eagles and the plush toy as part of children's activities at an event: "They were a great hit!" She said more, but that is the gist of it. Great!
8.5x11",softcover,43 pg.

mjot

« Reply #71 on: January 25, 2012, 01:45:45 PM »

Getting more comments about the interaction of children with adults (lots of grandparents) when they are being read to. Isn't this a sound contribution to the next generations?!
8.5x11",softcover,43 pg.

Nora in IA

• Nora and Kiwi 2006 (King Plant, Bayport, MN)
« Reply #72 on: January 25, 2012, 07:14:47 PM »

Getting more comments about the interaction of children with adults (lots of grandparents) when they are being read to. Isn't this a sound contribution to the next generations?!
Sounds like it to me  :)
NE Iowa

iverburl

« Reply #73 on: January 26, 2012, 03:01:04 PM »

Mary Jo.  Thanks so much for sharing your book "Three Little Eagles and How They Grew".  It was fun to read.  I wish that I had a special child in our family to share it with. I enjoyed the Decorah Eagle's story from a child's perspective.  The red twine around the book is a special touch for those of us who know about the red twine events in the nest  :o!  And thanks for the personal dedication to us with your signature.  ~iverburl
Changing times require unchanging principles.

mjot

« Reply #74 on: January 28, 2012, 01:23:43 PM »

iverburl: it was a pleasure to share the book. Hasn't it been a wonderful experience to watch the evolving story of the Decorah bald eagles! Thank you for your very nice comments about the book. You were sharp eaglewatchers to make the connection about the red twine wrapped around it. Thanks for all of the information you post for the rest of us. That is certainly appreciated.
8.5x11",softcover,43 pg.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 13   Go Up

Bad Behavior has blocked 659 access attempts in the last 7 days.